Total newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CapnKirkland

Original poster
HEY!!! First time RPing, but super pumped to try! I hope this turns out to be an awesome and fun experience to meet new people, express my characters, and have a great time. I mainly create complex character driven stories, but can't carry them out, so I'm hoping RPing would help shed some light on me. most of the characters and stories are modern fantasy. Thanks every one!!! I can't wait!!!
P.S. I'm a guy and call me Ryan. :D

Hello, Ryan! Welcome to Iwaku!

That's so awesome that you're a complete newbie to roleplaying :D There's a lot on this site to help you get started! There are workshops and challenges if you're looking to polish up your skills, or you can hop right into a group or 1x1 roleplay in the different genres if you're ready to go. If nothing suits you, feel free to post a request thread of your own to see if anybody likes your personal ideas!

If you have any questions, just ask. Somebody is bound to answer.

2dv33tt.jpg

Welcome to the site, Ryan! Have a great time on Iwaku! The Roleplay Institute is a great resource to read through if you ever need help with something whilst you're roleplaying! It5's nice to see someone so new to roleplaying has the enthusiasm to get right into it, so I hope to see you around the site, and I hope you enjoy your stay! :D

Welcome to the site, Capn Ryan xD! I hope you enjoy your stay, it's a swell place.

Welcome! I'm also new on here, though not to roleplay, so I'd be happy to help if I can! Granted there are waaay more experienced role players around to give advice and guidance ^^

I started out much the same way however... Writing complex, character driven stories but not being able to keep them rolling lol in my opinion, roleplaying is a great way to get over that because you still get to write your story but others' input help you not run out of ideas, and it's much easier to keep it going. Of course you'll have some that flicker out, but you could always get right back into another one!

Anyway.... I'm rambling on lol hope you have a great experience at Iwaku! I've only been here a few days and I know I am!

Status
Not open for further replies.