Topics that make you uncomfortable or think "awkward!"

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Diana, Mar 3, 2010.

1. After some interesting Cbox conversations, it came to mind... well. Some topics just make people all uncomfortable, weirded out, or feel awkward!

What topics do YOU find awkward?

P.S> Not topics you find offensive. These are HARMLESS topics that just make you uncomfortable.

I always feel awkward when a girlfriend is complaining about their man doing stupid stuff, when he's sitting RIGHT THERE. o___o

2. LOL!

I actually don't feel awkward in almost any type of conversation. I've created awkward moments though XD

I have had people tell me to change the subject because it makes them uncomfortable -____-

3. "Now hat everybody's comfortable let me talk to you about JESUS"
    I mean like seriously if that is out of the blue it's uncomfortable for everyone XD
    Though I'm pretty chill with everything.

4. When people complain about other people i usually tell them I really really couldn't give a right arse, but thats net really awkward so *shrugs*

5. I get awkward when someone has been talking about a friend/family/pet and then I ask a question and they're like, "Oh. He's dead now."

c___c

6. when your best friend finds out you slept with his sister, but he can't really beat your ass because she's right there and he doesn't want her to know he knows . . . . . . . that creates a slightly awkward silence

7. When you're on the phone with someone that is talking about something that you have no knowledge about and they ask you a question about it.

8. When everyone's talking "dirty" apparently and I don't understand what they're saying so they try to explain to mean by "being frank" which makes me embarrassed because they starting teasing me like it's wrong not to know all that. x3

In My English Class. Every Day. Pure Torture

9. John the Baptist. Not sure if he counts as a prophet, but his remark of not being worthy to be Jesus's servant resounds with me.

10. Someone you know declares they're uncomfortable around gay people, and you know the guy they're sitting with is actually gay.

I mean, fuck....

11. It's once again time to watch anime together.

This time it will be a marathon of Death parade

As always I'll post the link to the stream once it's up and you'll be able to communicate with everyone either through the chat on rabbit or on discord, whichever you prefer. We'll watch the whole series from first episode to the last. It has a very episodic structure so you can jump into it even if you miss some episodes. There is an overall plot for the main characters but it's mainly towards the end that it will be hard to randomly jump in.

We will probably have two watch throughs of this anime, one on Friday evening and one on Saturday morning. This is so that more people will be able to come see it. It's a 12 episode series plus an OVA

Friday: 6PM Swedish time
    Saturday: 10 AM Swedish time

You can use this time converter to see what that is in your own time. Just click "Add a city or time zone" and write in Stockholm, then edit the date to Friday or Saturday to the times specified for each date. Then add your own city in the box below and it will convert it for you.

Death parade
    [​IMG]

Synopsis
    (Totes not stolen from myanimelist *Whistles innocently*)

After death, there is no heaven or hell, only a bar that stands between reincarnation and oblivion. There the attendant will, one after another, challenge pairs of the recently deceased to a random game in which their fate of either ascending into reincarnation or falling into the void will be wagered. Whether it's bowling, darts, air hockey, or anything in between, each person's true nature will be revealed in a ghastly parade of death and memories, dancing to the whims of the bar's master. Welcome to Quindecim, where Decim, arbiter of the afterlife, awaits!

12. Hmm...or maybe something like Pokemon Go where the game works with the real world such as having to travel around....the game-maker could be a...wizard......and that could help tie the game into the world, and had some end-results influence the real world.

That makes me think about something I read or saw before...I do not remember what it was though...but basically the Princess goes against the rest of the world that plays the game (Mainly the nobles, a few commoners that get luckily or save the money to play) and her main 'enemies' is actual other princess....something like doing good in the game gets rewards for their kingdom by the gods or something....or some higher power of government above the ruling families.

Maybe I am just thinking about that anime about money. I do not remember its name...but basically in-game money you win is real money. And I think you can die in the game.... or something up those lines. It probably been a year or two since I saw it.

Or maybe something up the lines of my girl is a poor girl that gets luckily enough to enter the game as a sword, but she wont earn anything if no one uses anything to kill her...so she is depressed...till someone picks her....and she falls in love...only to realize a princess would never love her back. Maybe if she murders another princess in the game...that get her enough points to be a noble worth a princess or something?

13. Kind of gonna go with the same thing... I'm always like...
    ._.'
    In real life, too.
    Someone'll start talking about sex and stuff, and they'll ask me a question about it, and I'll turn red, and hide somewhere....

14. Having your dad register on your website, where you've bee posting up your smut stories is pretty awkward. o____o;

15. Salesman/woman: (at shopping centres, the people trying to sell makeup and shit from a tressle table/ collaspable table): excuse me sir, want to buy your girlfriend/wife a present?

me: wish i had one.

them: 8l

me: *rageface as i walk away*