Topfreedom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... down with the patriarchy?

Eh, slut-shaming and judgemental attitudes are just as prevalent (if not more prevalent) among women than men, especially in positions of authority. I don't think the problem is the gender of those in charge but their outlook on social issues. Personally, I'd rather have a bunch of white old men leading the country towards a social outlook with focus on compassion, tolerance, and understanding than a mixed-race, mixed-gender, heterogeneous leadership that is too afraid of offending someone, spending money, or the temporary downfalls to enact real change.

• Love
Reactions: Smo

So anyway.

0365bdc12c2b2e657bedaff026ee66a2.jpg

Because, obviously, what you do is wait around until things are completely ready to change. You're either that leaf on the wind, or the rock at bottom of the river being ground away by that stream. Fuck, at least the Starks knew enough it don't matter if they're low on bearskins or whatever the fuck-- Winter is Coming and Mother Nature don't give a shit if you're in the mood.

A_8zeV6CYAIry5K.jpg:large

'Cuz the thing about assholes, asshole behavior, fuckasses, fuckwits, jackasses and they like, they'll do whatever the fuck it is they want 'til someone says "Nah, fuck your shit bruh. Stop that noise, no one wanna hear it." Or, for the moderates:

If you don't feel like sticking your hand in the fire, don't ain't no one really askin' you to. But to caw caw caw around like that fire's not gonna go out 'cuz it's been there since God farted for the first time... ain't no one also need you around sittin' like a lump either, eeespecially if they are folk already going around with sand, water buckets, fire extinguishers. That fire gonna shrink and shrink and shrink with each splash, each stomp with or without your empty word yappin' triflin' ass.

And while I do try my damndest to source outside of tumblr 'cuz everyone got a bee in their assbonnet about its supposed userbase'n shit 'cuz godforbid a place on the internet have folk who... y'know... do things, and say things. We're gonna skip right over the other places on the internet with similar reputations but goddamn if this wasn't relevant as fuck all.

"Over Sensitive & Easily Offended
This line is a favorite of the bigot. The problem is, it's backwards.

It's a great trick. It works because it's a simple dismissal. If it's you who are "Sensitive" or "Easily offended," they are cleared of all wrong doing. Not only are they cleared of all wrong doing but they also become the victim in the situation because the implication of being "Sensitive" also places a false accusation on the bigot. At least, that's the way it normally plays out.

The reality is the direct opposite.

For a person to say or do something offensive and then have that thing pointed out, puts them, the bigot in a place of "Sensitivity." Confused? I'll explain….

If you were to make a racial slur and I were to get upset about said slur, it would be you, not me who would need to change. The "Sensitivity" that is spoken of lay completely in the hands of the person who would need to make effort. If I am somehow incorrect in my anger or hurt over this slur, then I am just wrong. Nothing more. If you are wrong because you said something racist, it is you and only you who would be required to admit you're wrong, apologize for your wrong and change your wrong. If I am incorrect, nothing happens. If you are incorrect, you have to change.

The "Easily offended" is that of the person who does harm and refuses to correct it. It is the bigot who is "Easily offended" because it is the bigot who would be forced to make some sort of change in their person if they are wrong.

Being "Over sensitive" and "Easily offended" is to be angry at the thought that YOU might have to change your words, actions and/or thought process. It is you who are to sensitive. It is you who are so easily offended that you run behind "Freedom of Speech" in order to hide from human decency. Those that hold legal rights above human rights are weak willed and have a weak constitution.

Inciting anger and pain is the easiest thing on Earth to do. Anyone of any intellect, in any tax bracket, on any logical plane is able to incite anger and pain. It's the opposite that takes actual humanity, intellect, patience and strength. Causing pain is a sign of weakness. Weakness is nothing more than your own sensitivity to the fact that you are weak." via http://racismschool.tumblr.com/post/22616398213/over-sensitive-easily-offended

tl;dr OH GOOOOD WHY DO *I* HAVE TO CHANGE? WHY CAN'T ANYONE ADAPT TO MEEEE? WHAT ABOUT MEEEEEEEEEEE?

Also 'cuz time'n again folk reeeally don't like the way I put things so may as well relay shit that's got that same gist but without all that shit that give people hives, rashes and a case of the ugly tears. 'Course with linkin' to this sorta shit there's always that smartass who gonna question the legitimacy or authenticity or, gasp y'all, the authority of where these words came from and to that...

... I got shit to do, bruh. Take them creys elsewhere. Google might got a box of kleenex ready tho, just btw fyi jsyk.

Status
Not open for further replies.