TOP TEN Pokemon Evolution Lines that make NO GODDAMN SENSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are sitting here with 84 gun Pokémon right under our noses, and we haven't noticed?

Wake up, America.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kagayours
I always sort of assumed pokemon crunched millions of years of evolution into a shorter timeframe/go into evolutionary hyperspeed. Hence the huge jumps in design.

I mean...this feller turned into our goats:
wyHe0lb.jpg

That goat kicks other goats butts.

Omg, that's a funny idea for an evolutionary line; it gets simpler and less badass as it evolves. xD It would totally wreck the power fantasy though. Watch, I bet one exists that I forgot about.

I'm stuck on why Venonat doesn't evolve into Butterfree. I mean Caterpie and Metapod are well and fine, but Venonat literally has Butterfree's head, hands, antenna, and teeth!

I'm stuck on why Venonat doesn't evolve into Butterfree. I mean Caterpie and Metapod are well and fine, but Venonat literally has Butterfree's head, hands, antenna, and teeth!
Yeah. Venonat was probably originally meant to evolve into Butterfree, but then things got switched around for some reason. That's my theory, anyway. The similarities between Venonat and Butterfree are hard to ignore. o_o

Reactions: Shiri
And I never said that Larvitar didn't look like Tyranitar. If anything, my point is that it looks too much like Tyranitar for a pupa stage to even be necessary. A pupa stage makes sense if you have two radically different-looking creatures and one needs to transform into the other. But that's not what's happening here. Larvitar just looks like a baby Tyranitar, so having a juvenile stage in the middle makes more sense to me than a pupa. Not to mention, it would've made for a more interesting pokemon overall.
To be fair, nobody really cares about the transitional stage 2 when it comes to Three stage evolutions. it's just there to be a thing before you get the actual awesome pokemon you want.

To be fair, nobody really cares about the transitional stage 2 when it comes to Three stage evolutions. it's just there to be a thing before you get the actual awesome pokemon you want.
>:/ Maybe people don't care because the transitional stages usually look so lame.

635872995143932272397168857_200.gif

It's a video game, fam. Chill.
(But for real, some of the evolutions are pretty shit, but pokemon isn't that entertaining to me so...)

You forgot one that I would place at 2 or 3 on your list based on the ones there now: Exeggcute evolving into Exeggutor. I'm on my phone so not gonna mess with images, but let me break this down simply.

Exeggcute is 6 eggs that just kind of hang out together, nothing visibly connecting them. One of them is cracked open and apparently faceless, the others have menacing and angry sorts of faces, many of them sporting cracks. They are, for some fucking reason, Grass/Psychic types. Why half a dozen eggs is listed as Grass or Psychic I have no idea. This looks like the type of generic bullshit that should be a Normal type.

And then it turns into Exeggutor... a fucking palm tree. Eggs turn into a palm tree. Those angry 5 egg faces and 1 broken egg turn into 3 derpy coconut faces. Why tho??? What relationship exists between eggs and coconuts? They share a very basic similarity of being things with shells that contain edible stuff, but that's not even near good enough to explain this atrocity of an evolution. The Grass typing makes sense for a coconut tree, but why is it Psychic??? Nothing about either Pokemon design even flirts with the idea of Psychic powers. A fucking batch of weird eggs and a coconut tree should not be doing telekinesis or blasts of psionic power or whatever, that's just nonsense.
Clearly you have not seen Alolan Exeggutor

It now looks like a coconut tree was cross-bred with a giraffe... kill it with fire.
It's also dragon-type. :D (Which, amusingly enough, cancels out its weakness to fire.)

It's also dragon-type. :D (Which, amusingly enough, cancels out its weakness to fire.)
Dragon type. It gets a big dumb long neck and becomes a dragon type.

I would ask what the people at Gamefreak are smoking, but I think it must be something injected instead to get those sorts of results. :|

Dragon type. It gets a big dumb long neck and becomes a dragon type.

I would ask what the people at Gamefreak are smoking, but I think it must be something injected instead to get those sorts of results. :|
At least we've been blessed with the meme of the century.

See "Necc".

Aaaah, Alolan Exxegutor and Sliggo, aka the "Look at these pokemon you never gave a shit about! now give even less of a shit about them now because Alolan form/Stage 1 and 2 being shit 8D" Pokemon.

Aaaah, Alolan Exxegutor and Sliggo, aka the "Look at these pokemon you never gave a shit about! now give even less of a shit about them now because Alolan form/Stage 1 and 2 being shit 8D" Pokemon.

>:/ Oi! I like the Goomy line!

The dragon typing doesn't make a ton of sense until the final stage, but overall I still respect those dragon-blobs.

Also Alolan Exeggutor is fucking ridiculous and I kind of like it for that reason alone. XD I actually care about Exeggutor a lot more than I did before that 10m tall monstrosity was a thing.

>:/ Oi! I like the Goomy line!

The dragon typing doesn't make a ton of sense until the final stage, but overall I still respect those dragon-blobs.

Also Alolan Exeggutor is fucking ridiculous and I kind of like it for that reason alone. XD I actually care about Exeggutor a lot more than I did before that 10m tall monstrosity was a thing.
Relevant kinda.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for Farfetch'd to gain an evolution or alternate form. x'D It looks like the second form of something.

Apparently, the eggs on an Exeggutor all have a mind of its own, and they use telepathy to communicate with each other (I guess this is why they are psychic types?)

And also fun fact, the more exposure the Exeggutor has to the sun, the longer its neck grows. And since Alola is sunny about 90% of the year, that's why Alolan Exeggutor has the neck length of the fucking Burj Khalifa.

Though apparently in the Moon Pokédex entry of this monstrosity, it says that:

"As it grew taller and taller, it outgrew its reliance on psychic powers, while within it awakened the power of the sleeping dragon."

Which we can all agree that it is still a stupid reason why Alolan Exeggutor is a fucking dragon :/

Apparently, the eggs on an Exeggutor all have a mind of its own, and they use telepathy to communicate with each other (I guess this is why they are psychic types?)

And also fun fact, the more exposure the Exeggutor has to the sun, the longer its neck grows. And since Alola is sunny about 90% of the year, that's why Alolan Exeggutor has the neck length of the fucking Burj Khalifa.

Though apparently in the Moon Pokédex entry of this monstrosity, it says that:

"As it grew taller and taller, it outgrew its reliance on psychic powers, while within it awakened the power of the sleeping dragon."

Which we can all agree that it is still a stupid reason why Alolan Exeggutor is a fucking dragon :/
I was about to say that therefore, height means dragon and not psychic, but then I remembered about Girafarig.

But! But what if Girafarig's tail is the psychic, and the entire Pokemon would be dragon, hadn't the tail muted out the main head's dragon typing?

*It almost always rained when I went to the exeggutor island*
LIES I SAY! LIIIIIES!

Though to be fair, I was only there like three times, cause there was like 2 pokemon to catch there and nothing interesting to go back for xD

Status
Not open for further replies.