Too Young to Die [akela x wildpelt]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taryn blinked, her frusration quickly fading. "Oh...well-" she stammered, blushing, "that's stupid. Why is it called that? Sleeping is sleeping. And don't say the s word." Sex, of course. "It's not very polite conversation." Like she ever worried about polite conversation, but apparently this was a tabboo subject in her eyes with a male.

It was then that she remembered why they'd fallen asleep together in the first place. "Ruke! Are you feeling better? I-" she reached out to him, only to sotp herself and put her hand back down. She just wasn't sure if she was allowed to touch him or not. "I hope so. I'm sorry I made you cry."

Ruke smiled and moved forward, taking her hand regardless of her hesitation, "a little. I'm surprised I didn't get a night terror. I tend to get those a lot. The sort that make you wake up slashing at your dream," he sighed and shuddered, hugging her, "I'm sorry I was so weak, you didn't need to see that..."

Taryn giggled, her cheeks still flushed from him taking her hand. He really was filling her day with new experiences. "I didn't have a nightmare, I was freaked waking up next to a boy. I have to say I'm lucky that my nights are pretty empty of dreams or nightmares, unlike yours it sounds like." Whatever was in his past, it was scarier than she could imagine, Taryn knew. Not many had episodes like that.

"That wasn't you being weak, Ruke, and if you try and apologize for how you feel one more time I'm going to have to beat you up," she joked, trying to lighten the mood. "Just...tell me next time, instead of getting angry with me, please?" Taryn hesitated, thinking on what he said. "Well...if you didn't have a night terror when we slept together, then maybe anytime you have one you can come get me. Then we'll sleep together until you're better. Is my room nearby?" she asked, rubbing her thumb along his fingers. His hands were rough...why did she like that? She shouldn't even notice something like that, much less care.

Ruke sighed, "any room up here is vacant. And mine can get violent. I've had to do surgery on myself before. I'm not strong," he sighed, "it's just...weakness causes hesitation. I don't want to...to hesitate. I'm already in the life of a killer. More than anything I want to stop. But society would find out. So I can't stop. I want to, but I'll get destroyed if I do."

Ruke wanted her to stroke him, rub him, tell him it was okay. He wanted someone to love him.

Taryn tilted her head to the side a bit, wincing only when he spoke of performing surgery. Okay, so maybe he could be violent. Like it would be any worse than living on the streets of New York. She'd seen some things, things that would have gotten her into trouble if she weren't such a fast runner.

After he spoke she only smiled at first, closing the distance between them and putting a hand on his chest. Was that acceptable? Was that a touch he would like? She didn't know, but it was what came to mind. "I think you think too much. Stop overanalyzing everything. Out there you can be as tough as you need to be, fine, but around me and inside this house you be yourself. Got it?" she commanded with a grin that made her eyes even brighter than they already were. "Which means you come and get me if you have bad dreams. Promise me," she added quietly, almost pleading this time. "If there is a bedroom right beside yours, then I'm taking it, so if I hear anything I can come running."

Ruke knew he shouldn't let himself go, he shouldn't. He wanted to be string, be the person as a kid he was never allowed to be. Being around her was simply intoxicating, hard to focus. She was distorting his reasoning, screwing up his mind. He shouldn't dare give himself up yet, when they had only met a few hours ago. But...but something snapped. He meleted into her and he responded.

"I'll do that," he said, "I promise you that. I will come get you, or you come get me, either way is fine." He shrugged, "and I just...I'm afraid of myself sometimes..."

Taryn smiled when she felt his muscles relax against her touch. So he did like that...good to know. "Well I'm not afraid of you," she answered, again making things sound simpler than they were. "I'll make sure you don't hurt yourself. You're strong, you have to be to have so much while living on your own, but maybe you should let me be strong sometimes, 'kay?"

Her eyes flickered down to his chest. She wanted to lay against it again, feel the warmth of his skin seep through her own. Yet she didn't move any closer, her stomach twisting at the thought of doing it for herself. It weirded her out that she would want such a thing. Life was about survival, not about leaning against a cute boy! Ruke needed it to feel better, but why did she want it?

"Want to show me my room and then the kitchen? I'd love to fix us a little something if you have food for dinner. I can't cook yet but I can do some simple stuff. Oh, and do you think about maybe if I do well enough, I could decorate the room how I like? Maybe the colors I like?"

Ruke almost giggled and he smiled, he actually gave a genuine, non-evil smile! His face brightened and he hugged her again, "yes of curse you can! I have so much money we could decorate the whole house! Trust me, you could do whatever you want!"

Ruke was not normally this giddy, but the prospect of having someone who cared was overwhelming. No one in his life was ever one to care: life was survival. To him, it was black and white. You have shelter, food, and water, you live. If you don't, you die. It was as simple as that.

Ruke took her hand gently and lead her downstairs. Once there, he took her to the large kitchen stocked with all sorts of food, "go ahead."

Taryn stopped right in front of the pantry, eyes scanning from top to bottom about three times before she spoke. "Ruke..." she whispered, turning to look at him. "I've never seen so much food in my life, not in one place." It was her turn to tear up. "I don't know what to start with." She took a deep breath to steady herself, reaching out to grab a few pieces of fruit. Laying those on the counter she went to the fridge and searched until she found some sliced ham.

"Do you want to get the bread out? We can have sandwiches! I really don't know what else I would fix..."

Ruke smiled and reached up, handing down the bread with a sigh. He didn't know what was making him so giddy, but it wouldn't last. The life of a killer did not give one the oppurtunity to go soft. If he did, he'd have trouble getting all of the good he had here. He smiled at her, though, and he rubbed her shoulders softly once she started to tear up.

"Hey, no worries, if you're living here, help yourself. Most of this food gets tossed out becaue I can't eat it all. But don't go too far," He winked hard, "Can't have you getting fat!" He smield and laughed a bit, handing her the bread, some more condiemetns, and some plates. The happy feeling was still there, still potent. He smield at it, for it felt blissful to him. Happiness was somthing in his life he did not usually get to have.

"I'll get drinks, what do you want?" With a soft grunt as he reached upwards for it, taking down the cups. He felt safe, even a little secure with her. He didn't know why. She wasn't even...afraid of him.

"Water is fine," she answered, starting on her food. "So. I was thinking I'd clean up tonight and we could start work tomorrow. Do you have a plan with all this, or is it more spur of the moment?" Taryn looked down at her clothes, feeling a little silly. She did not fit in here at Ruke's mansion. "Um...I might need some money to go shopping to...don't worry, I won't make you tag along on that trip."

Ruke rolled his eyes a small bit, and he was slowly starting to lost his more peppy side, but was still going to let her do waht she wanted, "You can decorate, and I'll let you handle that plan, since mostly this house is as I bought it. And if you need money I'll give you a credit card of mine, one that could get stolen and not miss. I always keep those, always safe. So I'll let you go on that one. Just keep in mind workign here entails more than just decorating and eating. Once you get done, training starts."

He knew exactly how to train her. He could see it she would be fast, not strong. He could teach her to be surprising with her fiercness, and maybe even fight hand to hand. She'd be best working on avoiding fights, though, and would be more suited to stealth. If she did start killing, a light gun or even a bow would be best for her. In the meanwhile, a single knife and mabye a pistol, nothing mroe, nothing less.

Taryn nodded, looking down at her food and falling silent. There would be work to do, and by the sounds of it things she wasn't used to. Break ins? Too risky for one person, she'd never tried it. And he killed people...now that was something to think about. His touch was so gentle, so kind, and yet they'd probably been covered in blood before.

"Can I ask you something?" she finally said, looking over at him. "Where do you see yourself in five years? Ten? Have you ever thought about that?"

Ruke froze again, as if he had just been smacked by a knife, "I-I...I don't know," He sighed and sat down, "I was younger than you when my...career started. It was an accident...I swear on my life it was an accident," He closed his eyes, a little off balance. Killing someone at age 13 was one way to emotionally destabilize a person for life, "I-I've thought of that for so many years, but I don't htink I can. By now...by now all that I am good for is to shot a man's heart of stab it. I'm not good at math, minus calculating distance, nor science..."

He leaned over the table, a bit overwhelemd by the enormity of the question, "I just...I don't know Taryn. I just don't know."

Clearly this wasn't the right question to ask. "That's all right. I don't know the answer to that either," she whispered, taking one last drink before getting to her feet. "Ruke?" Taryn put a hand on his, despite how weird it felt for her to do so. "Um...thanks. There was a bathroom right outside your room, and mine, right? I'm going to shower and then head to bed, I think. This house is pretty warm inside and it makes me sleepy." With one tiny wave she put her plate in the sink and headed back down the hallway.

With a deep sigh, finally in a bathroom that was nicer than anything she'd ever seen, Taryn stripped her dirty clothes and turned on a hot rush of water. It felt incredible once she was under the shower head. Was this really going to be her life? A moan escaped as she leaned against the wall, simply enjoying the warmth on her back.

Ruke stood up and smiled, knowing he had over four bathrooms to choose from. He went to the other one on the top floor she didn't use and went ahead and showered himself off. What an eventful day he had had! He had killed a man, gotten a large pay, and befriended a partner!

He sat under the spray. letting it drive away all his troubles he still held.

Twenty minutes later Taryn stood in front of a foggy mirror, rubbing it clean with the back of her arm. The reflection of a clean, smiling blonde was certainly something she didn't get to see very often. In fact, it made the clothes on the floor look absolutely dreadful to put back on. Maybe Ruke had something...

With a quiet sigh she crept out of the bathroom, steam following her out. "Ruke?" she called, knocking on his bedroom door. She had the towel tightly wrapped around her body, feet sockless and hair dripping onto her bare shoulders. "Ruke, are you in there?"

Ruke nodded, "it's open!" He called, a little lazy to get up. He turned towards the door and saw her, "oh my..." He couldn't help but say that. He blinked a small bit, "w-what is it you need?"

He looked at her and smiled, for she looked better than usual in the towel. He was shirtless, and had on a pair of shorts.

Taryn laughed, rubbing the back of her head. "Shut up, I'm pretty much just as covered as normal. You've seen women on the street wear less. Much less...this city is crazy," she grinned, taking a few more steps into his room. Her own gaze fell to his chest, as she obviously wasn't afraid to be caught looking him over. "You work out or something? Don't tell me I'm going to have to get built for this training," she commented, putting her hands on her hips.

"I came in here to ask if I could borrow something to sleep in. A shirt or something, that's all."

"I've never seen someone...never mind. Sure, take anything you want," he smiled and laid down, "because I'll take you out tomorrow to get clothes!" Ruke smiled again. He couldn't seem to stop that.

"As for working out, that is your call." He smiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.