Too many of my topics are about food, but I don't care - SAMMICHES.

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
MORE SPECIFICALLY SUB STYLE SAMMICHES. Because that is what I am about to charm my hubby in to getting me.

WHAT IS YOUR PERFECT SUB SAMMICH? DO YOU EVEN SAMMICH?

HECK YEAH I SAMMICH!

MY FATHER MAKES THE BEST SUB SAMMICH EVER. CHICKEN TERIYAKI SUB SAMMICH

Subs give me horrible indigestion.

Tuna, Cheese, Pickles, Bacon, Italian Sauce.

I don't often have sub sammiches, but in my limited experience my favorite sub is one I got from Subway, a modified Spicy Italian (the modification being "lol fuck veggies and normal sammich condiments, throw some fucking bacon on that bitch instead"). Pepperoni, salami, bacon, and cheddar cheese with a liberal addition of oil and vinegar plus a dash of salt and pepper, then toasted to melt the cheese and make it all hot. It was fucking delicious.

As a former SANDWICH ARTIST of Subway™ I can tell you. Your taste in sandwiches is probably shit.
Just kidding. Everyone has their own tastes.
But, I do love me some sammiches to an almost obsession style degree. While at Subway and another sub/sandwich shop that I worked at simultaneously I made SO MANY SAMMICHES for myself and well over a million people (they counted).

Seen the full gambit. Extra saucy meatball subs with mayo to veggie subs that look more like a wanna be Olive Garden bowl down to 'I just want a loaf of bread from you'. People are crazy and weird. And since I've made so many it's practically impossible to pick a favorite. So I'll stick with my classic.

Footlong on Italian bread, black forest ham, provolone (double, because my wife doesn't get cheese, I ask for hers, it's free), lightly toasted (half the time), lettuce, tomato, extra onion, pickles, banana peppers, salt, pepper, oregano, and a dressing of my choice. Subway Vinaigrette is growing on me as it's tangy, but not too acidic like normal Italian dressing is. Maybe oil and vinegar packets if the plan isn't to eat it immediately.

I never worked at Subway (or any food service for that matter) before, but my Mom was a manager of four subway stores for years.

So growing up I got exposed to a lot of sandwiches, and Subway.

I like the Italian & herbs with buffalo chicken, mozzarella cheese, guacamole, cucumbers, tomatoes, salt & pepper and that sweet onion sauce. ^_^

Fuck your sammiches. Good old ruisleipä beats them all hands down.

I'm not much of a sammich person but I dig my dads meatball sub sammich with provolone. Mmm

Bruhs,

DO YOU EVEN SAMMICH?!

cuban-sandwich2.jpg

Cuban Sammich

092212-223507-turkey-club-panini-sandwich-ingredients-cincinnati.jpg

Turkey Club Panininini Sammich

enhanced-buzz-25824-1356756645-0.jpg

Muthafuckin' PUBLIX SUB Sammich

Muthafuckin' PUBLIX SUB Sammich
I HAD ONE TODAY.

Their bread is so hard it cut my lip.. Though one of them told me after the fact you can get bread from the bakery and they'll make a sandwich with it.

Pizza sub

Any kind

Any time.

Toasted or gtfo

DIANA'S ULTIMATE SUB SAMMICH.

Order of layering is VERY important. >:[

SOFT FRENCH BREAD.

Thin layer of mayo on both sides of the bread.

Sprinkle salt, pepper, oregano, basil and thyme.

On the bottom bread, start with the meats. One layer each (with the slices folded in half), making sure to cover the bread. Turkey, Ham, Chicken, Roast Beast, and some Salami if you're feeling sassy.

Next add a layer of each cheese: Swiss, provolone, pepperjack and cheddar. (NOT american cheese slices. Cheddar damnit.)

Spread a very thin bit of DIJON mustard over the cheese.

Layer thinly sliced tomatoes sparingly.

Cover in a generous mountain of shredded lettuce.

Add random rings of banana peppers.

Pour lots of oil and vinegar over the lettuce pile! Don't skimp!

ADD SOME PLAIN POTATO CHIPS IN THAT BITCH FOR CRUNCH. Or on the side if you're a baby.

Crown your sammich and eat that sumbitch.

Eat with a pickle or pickled okra and a glass of milk. Make very happies. 8D

SOFT FRENCH BREAD.

On the bottom bread, start with the meats. One layer each (with the slices folded in half), making sure to cover the bread. Turkey, Ham, Chicken, Roast Beast, and some Salami if you're feeling sassy.

Next add a layer of each cheese: Swiss, provolone, pepperjack and cheddar. (NOT american cheese slices. Cheddar damnit.)
ADD SOME PLAIN POTATO CHIPS IN THAT BITCH FOR CRUNCH. Or on the side if you're a baby.
Admin Diana confirmed for a Who.

SOFT FRENCH BREAD.

Mother-Of-God-Reaction-Face.jpg