Too|Human

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bellatrix rolled her eyes as she heard Leonard's commentary on her orders. He was quite the stubborn prick, but she always managed to convince him one way or another. Perhaps it was just that he trusted her, after spending all these years together. Once inside again, she waited by the door, drinking an entire water bottle in one go. In this weather with her fashion sense, she had to drink plenty of water, or she might faint from the heat. Of course, with the strength she had, getting her body to that point would require no water and spending all day in the sun. Nevertheless, she would not allow herself to get to that point ever. After all, she had a job to do.

She took off her jacket for a moment, exposing the white, clean looking, frilly blouse underneath. Such a styled top belonged in the age of the Renaissance, but that wouldn't stop her. She couldn't help but wear what felt right to her.

The room she stood in by the door had the lights off, trying to keep it a bit cooler, and it was very dark. The doors and windows all closed, it made her feel very isolated from the rest of the world, despite how she could hear noises from everywhere else while in this room. She sat down, holding her jacket and closing her eyes, as if remembering something.

Silence, isolation.
Complete darkness.
Peace...?

A sharp pain ran through her head like an electric bolt through a wire. She cringed, dropping her coat to put her hands on each side of her head. While it stopped after only a second, pain still lingered, leading her to rub her temples lightly with her first two fingers on each hand.

"Ah.." If only Leonard's father were still around. He was the only one she could talk to about such feelings, seeing as he was the one who found her and adopted her into their family in the first place. Even Leonard didn't know about any of that.

Alas, she was now just as alone as before.

Bellatrix quickly picked up her coat, standing up again to put it on, seeing as Leonard should be finished sometime soon. She went to the door and called out to him in a slightly taunting voice. "Leonard, if you don't hurry, I'm going to go into town and find a man with a family who has air conditioning in their home to stay with forever instead of staying here. You have 5 minutes!"

Leonard was already dressed and ready with a fresh linen shirt, sleeves rolled up, and first two buttons undone. He chose his loose beige slacks for the space and their thin stitch to help keep off the heat. On his feet he sauntered in dark penny loafers. Upon hearing Bella's calls he rolled his eyes and threw open the door sporting his usual uninterested glare with her. "Don't say that, if Mom-ma hears you'd consider leaving it would break her heart. Now, I'm done and ready we can leave out and you can stop complaining. Lets move, partner." Quickly, but carefully Leonard galloped down the steps and turned on his heel around a corner to the hallway leading to the front doorway. A keyring was hung next to the coat racks adjacent to the doorframe. As Leonard snatched them up they made a familiar ringing sound, loud enough to be heard from across the house. Of course this attracted the attention of Leonard's mother who poked her head out of the kitchen to see that Leonard was indeed leaving. In any circumstance she would be glad her young man is getting out of the house but this time there was a grim look on her face. "Leo, Bella. Come here please..!" She cried out, almost in distress.

Reactions: 2 people
7VAn6lR.png

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS WOMAN?

She rolled her eyes at her acquaintance. "Do you always have something to complain about?" Renee uncrossed and crossed her legs then leaned back, "Christ, if the damn shop wants to offer their noodles, let 'em offer their fucking noodles." She paused, taking only a moment to call the waiter over to order the noodles in question, "--And it's not like they'll kill you if you eat them. Not that I'd mind if you died."

And there it was. One Renee Teppet's undying sarcasm. It didn't matter if you were the president or some thug on the street; she'd look at you with the same cynical glare, talk in the same caustic spitfire-- and the lesson always learned was that Renee Teppet didn't give a shit about your problems. Enzo had been her long time partner and-- well, she supposed she could say friend, but that didn't stop the female from tossing insults at him whenever she got the chance.

Arching her head over, she caught sight of the gang currently being approached by a police officer, "Do these punks have anything better to do than flirt?" She snorted, "Or do I have to teach 'em a lesson first?" Without waiting for an answer, the woman slid out of her current position and into a casual stance. "What do you say?"

Inside of the broadcasting room, just above the pair of bodies that was Abaddon and Sandra, was a shadow. One that was agile in moving from one horizontal steel beam to another, almost monkey like in it's movements. Silently, the figure stayed perched out of sight as no physical reaction dawned on it when the metal was lodged into the woman's frame. No flinching at her pain or screams.

The figure swung down only to end up hanging upside down in a cross-legged, guru pose. A fuzzy brown tail wrapped around the beam he was just crouching upon. "Interesting theatrics and costume, but you're way off. Halloween is a few months off." The figure hung in the light, free of the sight of cameras, but visible to the beings inside.

A purple motorcycle vest and helmet, it's visor black, hiding the identity the person may have. The voice was male, however. His attire also included black jeans and boots, but the tail obviously told a story of Charge use - Byta, to be exact. "I haven't seen or heard you around here before, Abaddon, but I like your style. The intimidation just sends shivers down my spine~"

Enzo's body jerked with a silent scoff at Renee's venom-filled words. It didn't do enough to pull a smile, but it was a reaction, and that was a start on that front. "I have to complain about something, unless you want me to start pointing out your faults as well." He spoke in a low tone, one that would suggest that he didn't want to be bothered. The only person he could really put up with would be Renee. A Charge user, but one he could respect for her professionalism and way of thinking, even if she did snap at him at times.

His attention was drawn away from her and those around him. The shop had fallen concerningly quiet ever since the wall-mounted TV began to flicker and interrupt the football game that was just on. Was replaced the program was that of two people - a girl strung up on a cross and a man in death's mask. Enzo's gaze steeled as he blocked out all else. The girl's appearance matched the missing person involved in a kidnapping case he was working on. The name was only icing on the cake; Sandra.

"We have more pressing matters right now." Enzo replied to Renee's question about whatever, making a slight head gesture to the flat screen. It sent the shop into a worried panic, hushed talk and whimpers waved through the customers as they watched the nail be driven into the poor girl. It was hard to look at, but again it felt like looking at a car crash.

Enzo slid out and stood as a ringing noise sounded in his right ear. One firm press and it ceased, a voice followed afterwards. "Are you watching the television?" "I got all of it." "That's Sandra Jobroski on the air right now, and it looks like she's in a tight spot right now." "Stream all the data to the car, we're already leaving." His eyes darted to Renee as he rolled his head to the front door. After that, he was already making his way out of the door and into the world once more. "I'll try and trace the signal - see where it's coming from."

Waiting for the duo was a black, undercover Dodge Challenger, mostly used in night operations and deemed Enzo's personal car, both on duty and off. It made for perfect lookouts and blinding into the shadows of the night. Without further ado, Enzo plopped down into the driver side, the engine sparking to life as soon as the two entered.

"Alright, there's three areas where that signal could have came from, but we're showing the strongest one here-.." A HUD formed on the inside of the car's windshield with the addition of a small radar on the bottom left. There, a 'blip' of sorts emitted a faint glow in the industrial area. "Are you relaying this to the PCPD as well?" "Heh, well, should I? I figured you could handle this on your own. Plus, they would just get in your way, right?" "Someone needs to drag this Abaddon asshole behind bars, and he's not going to fit in my trunk." "Noted, I'll contact the blues then."

The black-haired man cast a glance to Renee. "I hope you're armed, something doesn't feel right about this guy." With a change in gears and a press on the pedal, the car thrusted off of the shoulder and disappeared into the sea of traffic with ease.

Loud screams pierced the air in the direction opposite of the one Genka was headed in. He stopped dead in his tracks. Confused, unaware of what was happening. "The coffee shop.. What's happening?", he thought as he made a sharp pivot in the opposite direction and because to run back to the place he had just left. He ran as he could to make it back and once he made it, he burst though the doors and shouted, "What is it? What's going on?" All heads were turned towards the television, a woman tied up on the screen, and a man in a mask.

"I don't understand. What is this?", Genka said quietly to himself. He was very unsure of the situation, yet he recognized something. He just couldn't place his finger on it. He began to pace back and forth in the diner. Thinking. Trying to remember. He looked at the screen of the television and stared at the girls face. Then it hit him. A face he had seen many times before on the news. A missing person. Sandra Jobroski.

After an hour or so, just as he had foretold--Abaddon again showed that bleached bony skull attached to his helm and took center stage. The woman was weeping in the background, and it was indeed an audible thing. Her mutterings of "Please don't hurt me anymore" were sobs really, and they were met with stoic 'static' emotion. If anything, Abaddon seemed 'gleeful' that the hour had passed and the cops--having been sent on one hell of a treasure hunt--had missed their second opportunity to retrieve the woman.

"Ah, here we are again!" Abaddon almost seemed to frolic about, using the handle of bloody hammer suggestively; smeared with the woman's sorrowful essence.

"An hour has past my friends, and we find ourselves at quite the cross roads!" He resounded excitedly, swinging the hammer around as he spun. He then reverted back onto the cameras focus. "The police have still yet to figure out where I am," Abaddon laid his head against the hammer. as if to mockingly say "Aww". "so they need to be reminded to try just a bit harder!"

Sauntering towards the woman, the look of fear in her eyes told the camera, and all those watching that this man was no longer a "man". He was something else. Something dark. Something twisted. Something completely terrible.

"Now," Abaddon directed the cameraman. "To nail her feet down proper like, we have to do something about that pesky thing your feet do--curl and flex." Instantaneously, Abaddon went from standing calm, and austere--to shattering the bones in the woman's feet until they could no longer flex on their own--they were useless. Each hammer stroke brought to life a pain filled agony and a loud 'crunch'.

It could almost be construed as fake...until the camera honed in on the carnage. The bones were simply a twisted mess; protruding from the tops and bottoms of her feet. Her ankles were crushed an one foot lie flopped forwards while the other would have, except for the severity of her compound fractures. The maul was drenched in the woman's blood, but it wasn't quite over yet.

Abaddon lifted up a rod, much like the first, except it had small extensions--kinda like a parasol on the tips at the ends bent down. It was cruel ingenuity at its finest. The woman's groans were heard in the background--she had screamed her self hoarse but the pain was so intense that her body forced her to make a sound. It became clear what the extensions were for--holding her shattered feet in one point.

"There you have it my friends!" Abaddon backed away, showing his gruesome work. "This game's been truly fun! But it will soon have to end then we can make up another game!"

The video shut off the live feed that once again, hijacked every television and social media network. Two locations remained. Suburbs and Business.

"Interesting theatrics and costume, but you're way off. Halloween is a few months off." The stranger called out to him as he emerged from his perch.

"Ah, hello my curious friend!" Abaddon responded with almost child like behaviour. "Yes! Halloween IS a great day! Did you know the first Jack-o-Lanterns were made from turnips--or that Harry Houdini died on Halloween night by apedicitis brought on by the blows to his stomach?"

"I haven't seen or heard you around here before, Abaddon, but I like your style. The intimidation just sends shivers down my spine,"

"Oh yes, yes! Intimidation is a big factor--what with the cops and the heroics! They have to feel the need to triumph over something evil or mighty--kinda like I feel the need to split someone's skull in two occasionally or start killing Judges to mess with the system. Why this one time, I killed three judges consecutively--and the guy got off! Hah!"

Bellatrix was glad to be finally leaving, but that joy quickly faded as she heard the tone in Leonard's mother's voice. Suspicion rose as she took a few steps forward, as if to protect Leonard from any potentially harmful things that might have invaded the house. "Ma'am? What is it?" She turned her head, giving Leonard a look. Ah yes, there was the overprotective side of Bellatrix yet again. Her shoulders a bit tense, she moved towards where his mother had called from to see exactly what it was that was wrong. To her horror and slight relief, she saw that it was not something in the house, but something on the TV instead. Her eyes widened at the disgusting images being shown to the public, her fists clenching until her knuckles were completely white.

"That... Thing. I've heard of him... Did he not give clues to where he is right now?" She asked the miss, turning off the TV to prevent it from scarring her even further. Bellatrix looked back to Leonard's horrified mother, walking over to her and placing a hand on her shoulder. No one should ever have to witness or experience that, and she felt awful that it was her of all people to see it first. Bellatrix wanted to figure out where he was, maybe if he was close, she could--

No, Bellatrix, that was dangerous. You shouldn't do such things. What if something happened? Who would protect Leo?

She let out a somewhat distressed sigh as she looked down, wishing she didn't feel so helpless. She had read reports of that woman disappearing a while back, and to see her there, now, was heartbreaking. Bellatrix had a sore spot for kidnappers who tortured their victims for fun like that.

• Thank You
Reactions: IAmEnzo
Leonard followed Bella into the kitchen upon his mothers alarming call. By the time he walked through the kitchen archway he heard the sound of a deranged man, spilling some insane garble. Like a sick show-host. While Leonard didn't catch everyone before Bella shut it off it forced Leonard into a concerned frown, mainly due to his mother being worked up about it. "What's this about?" He asked in a demanding tone. "Apparently some assailant has some poor young woman hostage, God knows where. If only I knew where that was coming from I'd get the authorities in a heartbeat. That poor soul is probably scarred from the situation. Lord know..." As his Mother began to trail off, Leonard got caught up in his own train of thought. He felt like sick men like this should be carefully looked after by the Police Department. While Pacifica City didn't have an absurdly large crime rate, he felt it shouldn't let up in case situations like these occurred. While he knew that locating this man would be beyond his ability as he lacks the resources/support on trailing a radio signal he still wished he could put a situation like this to a half altogether. It made him increasingly bitter that he couldn't make for joining the PD himself once upon a time. "Mom-ma." He interrupted, cutting his Mothers chatter. "I'm certain the authorities can handle it. Don't worry so much, you'll raise your blood pressure. Bella, are we still going to take our leave?" Leonards mother jerked towards her son suddenly. "No! No! What if he's actually in the District you'll be going to? What if he tries to pull you into his sick game? You're staying inside until the situation is handled!" Leonard's shoulders slumped. "Mom-ma, we'll be fine. We're smart enough to keep out of obvious harms way. In any case you know we can handle ourselves f--" "Absolutely not! You can just handle everything yourselves..." His mother continued to rant towards her son.

Bellatrix immediately put her hand up, closing her eyes. as she spoke. "We will be leaving. We will be just fine. The chances of him being anywhere near our district are slim, so please do not worry. If we don't leave now, he will never get out of the house again," she claimed, pointing towards Leonard with a slightly accusatory tone. She opened her eyes again, staring at him, then the door. "Come on, let's go. We'll be back soon, ma'am. I promise we will return safely."

Before waiting for a response, she walked towards the door, grabbing Leonard's arm and dragging him along. Once they got outside, she let go and kept walking, expecting him to say something about how rude that was. He would either follow her and bicker, or stay behind and apologize to his mother. Either way, she was going to keep walking straight into town. She wasn't sure why, but she really felt the need to go see if their little district was alright. Shaken up, no doubt, but still safe, hopefully.

Before she could even finish, Leonard was whisked away by Bella suddenly. She reassured to his Mother that their safety was certain, but it still left a bad taste in the womans mouth. While she trusted Bella's judgement on Leonard's safety more than Leonard's own judgement she still preferred that they both remain behind. She could only utter a short whine while seeing Leonard being pulled out the door. She felt powerless, considering they both were adults capable of making their own choices but alas she had to let it go... Leonard however, feeling the tug of Bella's strong arm on his felt a little bit rude just being pulled away like that. He waved his hand back at his Mother frantically before he was yanked out the door. "Sorry, Ma-ma! We'll be back soon! It'll be fine I promise." He closed the door behind him after Bella finally let go of his arm. The strain felt like an Orangutang pulled on it violently in a fit of rage. Bella was still making her way down the cobblestone walkway that snaked down the short hill their home was perched over top of. Making for a slight jog, scuffing his loafers some he reached Bella's side. He buried his hands into his pockets and continued to look forward, deciding not to keep eye contact with Bella due to some bellowing frustration of just pulling him away like that. Though, instead of sparking a fuse he decided to leave it alone. "So where are you taking me in such a hurry?" He asked sharply.

Status
Not open for further replies.