4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Agender
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
  5. Primarily Nonbinary
Genres
genre(s): general, fantasy (high or low, modern, urban, or whatever), slice of life, modern, supernatural, paranormal, comedy, romance, mystery, drama, adventure ; dark themes (to add more)

themes: angst/fluff ; slow/fast burn; romance ; platonic ; arrange marriage ; fake dating ; enemies to friends ; enemies to lovers ; college, family, friendship, hurt/comfort, bayside/beach/island, city/urdan, forest, mythology, mythological creatures, friends to lovers, found family ; (to add more)
@Kronas17

Lying wasn't always a good thing. It led to making more lies so you can cover the other white lies. It cause trouble as well. This is all in Colin's mind as he was speaking to his older sister over the phone, pacing around the large living in his apartment. His sister had been trying to set her little brother with blind dates, wanting him to be happy in his life. Colin was quite happy until his sister decided to butt into his life everyday. I mean, the woman was already married to her wonderful husband, has four lovely children, a well paid job, and etc. She wants her baby brother feel loved as well.

Whether from calling, emailing, and/or skyping. Colin had refused his sister too many times that he lost count. He was getting sick of meeting this random men that his sister set him up with. They weren't interest in him to begin with! Only wanting a one-night stand. Colin sighed loudly over the phone as he flopped down on his four-seaters, white, leather couch. He let his head fall back and stared at the ceiling above him.

"Oh, and then, there's this other guy I want you to meet tomorr-" "I have a boyfriend." ... "What? Really!? You actually have a boyfriend!?" Colin pulled the smartphone away from his ear as his older sister squealed in happiness. He slowly sigh one more time before replying. "Yes, I have one. Now, leave me alone. I'm busy today." Colin stated, eyes glancing at the clock nailed to the wall. It had been three hours since he spoke to his sister. "No! Wait, let me meet him!" "What!? No!" "Why not!?" "B-because he is very busy." ... "I'm coming over either this weekend or next weekened." With that, the older woman hung up before the young man was able to protest. Colin began to stand up and paced around the room once more, panicking as he tried to come up with a plan. No. He needs to find someone to be his boyfriend! He was getting too deep into this mess.

It was quite bright outside, birds singing as people walk by. Colin decided to calm himself by taking a small walk to the central park of NYC. As he walked around, he spent most of the time spacing out. Until something, or someone, made contact with his face.

Firm hands grasping a pen as the slow movements traced along a light sketching that had been done earlier. Jeremy's brows furred in concentration, teeth gently pressing down onto his lower lip while the darkening lines popped from the page and he tilted his head slightly looking down at the work in front of him. " Jer the room isn't going to dissapear" A soft voice spoke up from his left and looking up his brown eyes met green before Jeremy leaned back slightly on the stool. " Well hello to you to Tessa" a smirk tugged on the corners of his lips before looking back down at the drawing he had pretty much finished. Like usual he found himself if not on the field playing football then he was coped up in the art room of his campus letting his creative mind work its wonders without being disturbed....that was until his best friend came by. His right hand rested underneath his chin for support while his left continued to trace over the faded penciled flow along the end of the paper.

" Why is it that when I'm in my zone you end up breaking my concentration?" Jeremy's voice held a questioning tone but his eyes were playful and his response was soft lips against his cheek. " Because I love bothering you, now lets go I'm hungry" Tessa frowned while glancing down at her phone screen and then raking her fingers through her long wavy brown hair and because Jeremy did in fact love his best friend and despite him wanting to stay another thirty minutes to finish up he released a small breath and packed up his things before slinging his backpack over his shoulder. The cool air was the first thing to greet Jeremy making him shudder slightly even though he was wearing a long sleeve shirt underneath his army jacket that complimented his ripped black jeans which hung slightly off his waist. " I assumed when you said that you were starving that you had a place in mind" Jeremy glanced over at Tessa only to see her roll her eyes before leaning into his shoulder. " You know I'm indecisive about these things...how about Qdoba?".

After the much needed food Jeremy rubbed his stomach in content before following Tessa into the park as they walked and talked, occasionally walking in silence which was fine with him as well because sometimes you didn't need words when you were with people you liked being around. " So when are you going to get a boo?" Tessa asked randomly causing Jeremy to scoff and then shrug his shoulders. " I don't know I haven't really been looking" " Yeah well I think it's time you found someone new and the best way to get over someone is to get under someone" Tessa grinned making Jeremy lean his head back and laugh. " Yeah well I don't feel like screwing some random person and getting and STD that no bueno". Of course Tessa was the groups match maker and since Jeremy hadn't been in a relationship for almost a year she had made it her own personal mission to find him someone before summer came.

" Tess I'm tired of dating shallow people and dudes who just see my outer appearance and nothing more" " Well I mean have you seen yourself?" Jeremy stopped and then raised an eyebrow, " What do you think when you look at me?" Tessa stopped walking her green eyes traveling down his body slowly, " Eh I see athlete, playboy, model, pussy killer but you don't really play for my team so-" Jeremy's hand went up to stop her mid sentence before nodding his head slowly, " Yeah but that's what I mean they only see my for my looks and their personalities end up being shit". He watched Tessa nod her head in agreement before she playfully punched his shoulder and then took off running in which of course Jeremy couldn't let her get away with that and when he caught up Tessa had her fists up playfully circling him. " Come on Jer" he hesitated and then reached for her hands resulting in a mid blow to his chest. " Tessa I'm not gonna hit you". Watching her pout made him roll his eyes.

" Okay mood killer but I wanna see how you'd punch" Tessa crossed her arms and he looked at her with a weird expression, " Why am I doing this again?" " Because I wanna see how'd you'd defend my if some random creep came onto me for instance, don't think about it so much and just swing". He knew how persistent Tessa was and they'd get nowhere if he didn't to turning slightly he rotated his shoulder and then cocked back his fist and extended at half force as he saw a figure coming out the corner of his eye but it was already too late. His fist collided with the guys face and he pulled back quickly while reaching out to grab the guys arm and hold him steady from falling. " Holy shit by fault I didn't see you coming". His brown eyes darting down to the guys lip and he winced before sucking in a small breath as Tessa bit down on her lower lip in amusement. " Aaaah fuck me" Jeremy breathed before eyeing the male he punched. " Is there anything I can do to fix this?"

• Love
Reactions: vei_li_os
A sigh escaped from the boy's lips as he walked through the park, hands shove inside his blue, North Face jacket. Colin was seat on bench, getting calls from his older sister. He kept ignoring her. The young adult won't pick up until he find someone to be his fake boyfriend. Colin stood up from the bench decided to go home. It was starting to get to cold for him. As he walked, Colin began to spaced out, eyes glancing down at ground. He didn't notice the two college students just a few feet away. Especially the one who was demonstrating how they punch to their friend. Before he knew, Colin felt a fist against his face. He didn't yell or anything, but he did stumped back before the man in front caught him, preventing him from falling to the ground.

Colin winced as he used his right hand to reach for his lip, which might be slightly spilt and bleeding by now. He pulled his hand away and saw red on it, even tasting the iron of blood. Colin glanced back at gentleman before shaking his head. "No, it's alright. It was my fault, I wasn't looking where I was going." He muttered. His face was still hurting. That was a strong punch, but good thing it didn't knock him out.

Upon hearing the question from the other male, Colin scanned the man in front before coming to a conclusion for his situation. He stood up straight, brows knitted down together in thought before speaking up. "Become my boyfriend." He bluntly stated, arms crossed over his chest. He wanted to give the guy a choice, but Colin is in a situation and doesn't have time to waste. "Look, before you decline or anything, let me explain," Colin glanced down at his phone on his hand and noticed his sister calling him again. He turned over the phone before going back to the guy.

"Okay, look, I have this sister who has been setting me up in blind dates with guys that don't even me interested, okay. So, I'm sick of those dates and told my sister I have a boyfriend. Now, she wants to come over and meet that boyfriend that I don't have. It's only for a day. On a weekend. Either this weekend or the next." Colin finished, sighing heavy as he didn't stop to take a small break. "Please. It's only one time. And after meeting you, she'll leave me alone and won't bug me with anymore dates. I'll tell you simple things about myself if she ask questions."

What did Jeremy do in his past life to deserve this kind of punishment? That was the million dollar question running through his head while looking over the male before him, busted lip and all. His question had indeed caught him by surprise and Jeremy squinted his eyes before looking over at Tessa who seemed equally shocked but more amused since this encounter had nothing to do with her. " Excuse me?" he pressed on, brows furred while looking down at the male standing at six foot three. Never in Jeremy's entire life had someone randomly approached him and asked for him to be their boyfriend I mean it just wasn't something a normal person would so and especially on the streets of New York. His hand raked through his curly dark brown hair which he was heading to cut off later on and then his lips thinned slightly as he bit down on the soft flesh. So he was supposed to be this guys fake boyfriend? Lord have mercy.

His brown eyes searched the other male before Tessa nudged his side and he realized that he in fact hadn't given the dude an answer but what was he supposed to say? Yes he did set himself up by wording his concern for the male that he accidentally clocked but he simply figured the guy would let the whole thing slide. " I mean...I um-" he paused slightly shifting the weight on his right leg while struggling to go along with it. Tessa nodded her head out the corner of his eye causing Jeremy to sigh and then nod his head. " Sure I guess I can do that...but only for the weekend and no creep shit okay?" He spoke sternly and then looking down at the males lip he let out a deep breath and then reached in his pocket for his phone.

" Here's my number so you can let me know when your sisters coming and how you want to go about this whole fake boyfriend thing, ah and my names Jeremy by the way I didn't quite catch yours". Once the information had been exchanged Jeremy eyed the male before feeling a small tug from the side as Tessa intertwined her fingers with his. " Sorry about your lip again and we'll keep in touch" was all he got out before Tessa dragged him away and out one of the park entrances. " Holy shit this day got more and more interesting by the second" Tessa giggled making Jeremy frown and then shove his hands into his pocket, " I mean you're the one that told me to swing and- did you know that he was coming our way?" The small silence followed by Tessa's grin gave him his answer and Jeremy shook his head stopping in front his destination. The barber shop. " You aren't cupid Tess, I almost knocked the kid out like that's a recipe for romance".

After getting a haircut Jeremy headed back to his apartment, it was a one bedroom once bathroom and he had moved off campus after junior year of college. The place was comfortable for the meantime while he worked and finished but he was looking for a bigger place to live in the city. Throwing down his bag Jeremy ordered in some food before plopping down on his bed and turned on the TV in his room while letting his mind travel back to the days events. What an eventful day indeed.

Reactions: leafletts
Colin smiled brightly, and painfully, as the other male agreed to be his fake boyfriend. For a second there, he thought the guy was going to reject him. But now, he has no worry aside from finding out when his sister would visit. He gave short nod to the man before speaking up. "Ah, yes! Just for one day on the weekend! And no creepy shit! I promised I'm not like that." He said, sighing in relief. Now he just needs to call his older sister for the date and make sure nothing gets fuck up.

Colin glanced at the phone and nodded as he took his phone out as well. "Oh, yeah, alright... Name's Colin." He stated quickly, shaking his head at the other man's apology. "No, it's alright." With that, Colin glanced up to see the man being dragged away by the girl. Colin rose a brow before shrugging it off and began to head back to his apartment.

"Yeah, hey, sis, when are you coming to visit?"

"Probably this weekend since I don't have much work on Saturday and Sunday. So, this Saturday."

"Oh, alright, is it only you coming over?"

"Ha, what? No, my husband and my kids are coming over as well~."

"What!? Why!?"

"They missed you, stupid, duh."

"Oh my god... You said it was only you visiting."

"Yes, I know. But since I told them, they also want to get to know this boyfriend of yours."

"Oh, lord, fine. I'll see you on Saturday."

"Bye, baby brother~!"

Colin sighed tiredly before leaning into the couch. His sister didn't live too far. Just a few miles away. Both living in the same city, but on the different part of it. Having large apartment. Colin reached into his pants pocket and took out the small device, checking to see if he save the guy's number. He decided whether to speak with him or now. His lips was still hurting, but not too much like earlier. He did treated and placed an ice bag in it. Colin put his phone beside him before he stood up from the couch. He needs to think this through before any weird gets out of control. He should make sure his sister doesn't ask personal and uncomfortable questions to both of them. He should invite the man over for a chat so they can get to know each other for the mean time before his older sister visit them both.

The young man decided to contact the other male, sending him a text about tomorrow.

To: Fake Boyfriend

| Hey, sorry to bother you, but can we meet up tomorrow for a chat?

Jeremy woke up to Tessa sprawled out along his body slightly snoring and her dark brown waves cascading down her face. If it was anyone else their first instinct would be to gently call out to her or shake her but lucky for Jeremy he wasn't some random person. " Wake the hell up" Jer pulled the covers down from his body and then slid from her grasp causing Tessa to groan and then blindly reach around for the covers to pull back over her body. " Ugh just let me sleep for fifteen more minutes". A small sigh escaped his lips before moving around his room and finding some clothes to throw on before heading into the shower, blasting some music to wake Tessa up in the process. After dressing Tessa out of bed ( literally) and making a quickly breakfast Jeremy and Tessa headed to their morning class.

While the lesson went on Jeremy tuned out the sound of the teacher's voice and Tessa's ramblings to think about yesterday's prior events, more importantly how he somehow managed to deck a random guy in the face and end up having to become his pretend boyfriend. Jeremy didn't quite understand why the dude couldn't just tell his sister he didn't have a significant other but a deal was a deal and there was no way he was going to squeeze his way out of this one. By the time evening hit jeremy was done with all his classes and as a reward to him he found himself heading towards the art building, that was until one of his friends messaged him causing the male to finally unlock his phone in what had been hours. At first his eyes locked onto the random number flashing across his screen but after fully opening his phone and reading the text he realized it was from Colin, his fake boyfriend.

He almost felt bad that he was responding so late but he was never really good with cellular devices unless it came to texting Tessa or anyone he was close to really.
To: Guy I Punched: `Yea, sorry for the late response... The park at 7:00pm?

After sending the message he didn't really wait for the response, heading over to the park anyway and he needed to get off campus. Tessa wouldn't stop teasing him nonstop and the last thing Jeremy needed was Tessa tagging along trying to work her "cupid" matchmaking bullshit, as if he needed help finding someone. Jeremy threw on his black hoodie to cope with the cool breeze now that the sun was setting and took a seat on one of the park benches while he waited for Colin to show up.

Colin, throughout the whole day, had been trying to come up with ways to make the meeting less uncomfortable. He woke up from his slumber. His hair messed up and eyes having dark bags under them. He haven't slept well last night. The young man did his daily routine. Get up, shower with cold water, change into a pair of black jeans and a blue, potadots t-shirt. Then brush his teeth and fix his damp hair. After getting ready, Colin headed to his kitchen for a light breakfast. Being a toast with grape jam and green smoothie. Soon, once finishing breakfast, Colin went to get his messenger, checking to make sure he has his work and such. Then, went to the front door and put on his socks and vans.

He took two buses to get to the university. It was only a couple of miles away from his apartment complex. Throughout the whole day, Colin attended lectures, work on projects, essays, and other assignments. Attended some clubs metting. Did the work-study for a couple of hours and then left the campus.

On his way out, Colin's phone chimed as it vibrated, signaling he has a message from someone. He rose a brow. Colin doesn't have many friends. He's usually alone. He doesn't mind being alone. But he also doesn't fancy it.

With a sigh, Colin checked the device and noticed an unfamiliar number on the screen. He shrugged before unlocking the phone and tapped on the text. After reading it, Colin rose a brow and remembered he had sent a message to Jeremy. Colin nodded before checking his watch, noticing the time. It was almost seven. Might as well head right now. After taking a bus and walking to the area, Colin smiled slightly as he reached the park and glanced around for the other male.

Once he spotted him, his smile widen for a bit as he walked over to the bench where Jeremy sat. "Hi! Glad you agreed to... um... 'hang out'..." He said, unsure how to describe the meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.