Tommy Oliver - MMA Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orochi

GET OFF MY LAWN :E
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
greenrangersgotthis.jpg

A few years ago actor Jason David Frank was used to hearing the familiar sound of fans yelling, "Go, go Power Rangers!" but now he's ready to hear the roar of a different crowd.

The former action star from the hit series "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" has officially made the move to mixed martial arts, and while training with UFC lightweight Melvin Guillard, he hopes to make his real fighting experience as successful as he did on television.

Frank signed on with Suckerpunch Entertainment recently and hopes to make his professional debut in the very near future.

"I was supposed to fight in 2007, but it fell through. In truth, I've wanted to put the work in until I'm ready," Frank said in an interview from the Suckerpunch website. "I know I have a target on my back. Everyone is going to want to beat up the Green Ranger. But I am no Kimbo; I've been training for a very long time. I wanted to get in there before, but I got injured. But I'll be ready when the time comes."

The actor-turned-fighter is adding a ground game to what he believes is already an impressive stand-up resume, but he knows it's a long road to not only becoming a mixed martial artist, but a successful mixed martial artist.

"My style was missing the ground fighting. I have my blue belt in BJJ from Gracie Baja now, but we needed to have that ground game integrated into Tose Kune Do. There was a blank there. So we added wrestling, BJJ, etc., to it," Frank said. "Melvin Guillard has really helped add the wrestling. I needed to get with someone who could put it all together for me, and that was Saul Soliz. And he's done it. He's a good, hardcore trainer."

Proud of his time as the Green Ranger on the popular television show, Frank is ready to move onto new goals, and he hopes to conquer MMA the same way he did television.

source: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../index.html?eref=si_mostpopular#ixzz0PwGZbgMv

GREEN RANGER WILL BEAT ALL! GO, GREEN RANGER GO!

1251953404826.jpg

UT-SIG-EEYAHHH![/Nostalgia] :P ;)

I've read about this.

We three should meet at a juice bar, dressed in two-decade-old clothing for his first match.

This is gonna end badly for him, but awesome for whoever wants to take the title of "I just beat up the Green Ranger."

Then he'll just go on a quest for new gimmick powers before returning for a curb stomp rematch. :D

Everyone who's anyone is an Mma fighter now.

I have a high school buddy who's joining the local MMA scene now. Never thought he would turn out that way though.

*Becomes an MMA fighter*

*holds up ponytail* I BEAT UP THE GREEN RANGER!

Liar! Your hair is short. You cut that off yourself! >:(

(Besides, his hair has been short for years now.)

Bring us his karate yell in a bloodstained jar. Only then can we truly be sure of his defeat at your hands.

Yeah. It's gonna be pretty hard to get a jar in the ring.

Hey, Amp. I suggest you go the Rocky V route and fight him in the streets.

Like Goldar!

Goldar didn't really suffer brain damage from an explosion.

It was actually a delayed reaction from the un-morphed beatdown Tommy gave him before regaining his weakened Green Ranger powers! Or at least that's the way I like to re-imagine it. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.