"It wasn't always this bad. Things used to be okay, with Aogiri and the CCG chasing each other's tails. I mean, sure, we lost some good people. Friends, family... Loved ones. But somehow, they always managed to keep it down to moderate collateral. They were the ones killing each other, and innocents were kept out of it. After all, what's a King without his people? There was a black and white, evil and good. But then that bastard killed the Owl, and now... Now we're all dead men walking..."
Murder is easy. But no one ever thought that Eto, the One-Eyed Owl of Aogiri Tree, could ever die. That was, until someone strung her up on Tokyo's Rainbow Bridge, bound with what appeared to be a ghoul's kagune. The effects were felt immediately: The CCG finally started making headway against the weakened Aogiri ghouls, and the human and ghoul populations of Tokyo's 24 wards felt secure for the first time in years knowing the dreaded Owl was finally dead. But soon, the question was raised: Where's the ghoul who killed the Owl? The CCG predicted a power vacuum would be filled by something even bigger, a nightmare the likes of which Japan had never known.
And they were right.
Mere weeks after the incident, a new organization called Nexus began spreading through the wards. Not as violent as Aogiri Tree, Nexus inducted both ghouls and humans, the former trained in the use of their kagune and the latter armed with stolen and self-made Quinque, and other Q-weaponry. It appealed to both populations of Tokyo, and Nexus was determined to cement itself where the CCG and Aogiri failed. And for the most part, they've been successful in their goals. Their mysterious leader, codenamed Arachnid, has spread far beyond even Tokyo, rumors suggesting allies in the United States, Russia, and the United Kingdom, and roots reaching deep into the Japanese government.
However, as specialists at the CCG investigate Nexus deeper, and Aogiri plots to strike back, Arachnid find himself running out of options. While more effective in indoctrinating the populace, his methods are no longer moving fast enough. Wards 24-13 are his, but now he faces the home ground of his foes: The 11th Ward is strongly Aogiri, and almost everything else is heavily monitored by the CCG. Now Nexus prepares for true war, of the sort that Japan has never seen before. Calling in favors within and without the country, Arachnid has assembled his greatest disciples in the shadows, while his enemies stumble blindly in the light.
Looking for Co-GMs to help do separate IC threads for the CCG and Aogiri.
- Be polite on the OOC.
- 18+ content is present, ranging from sex to gore to drugs.
- Ghouls and humans allied with Nexus can be from any country, while CCG and Aogiri characters should be from Japan.
- Combat scenes between players should be limited to one or two sentences, to allow for fair play. However, NPC-Player combat can be anywhere from a sentence in length to a full post.
- Posting should be, at minimum, once a week, with regard given to other players being interacted with. Posts should be of Intermediate-Adept quality, and should be a minimum of 1-2 paragraphs in length.
- Definition of a paragraph: 4-6 sentences, of appropriate length.
- Age: (Ghouls live about as long as humans)
- Alignment: (Aogiri or Nexus)
- CCG Codename:
- Rank: (CCG ranks for ghouls range from C-SSS. Only the GM and Co-GMs may have SSS ghoul characters, and SS ghouls are limited)
- Kagune: (Kakuja unavailable for anyone beneath SS rating)
- Background: (3-4 paragraphs)
- Alignment: (CCG or Nexus)
- Rank: (CCG ranks from Junior Investigator Rank 3 to Senior Investigator Special Class. Special Investigators limited to GMs, Associate Special Class limited. Nexus-Aligned humans may ignore)
- Quinque: (If of 2nd class or higher. Disregard if Nexus-aligned)
- Background: (3-4 paragraphs)
Last edited by a moderator: