Tokyo Ghoul: The 28th Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kame

Original poster
latest

Tokyo Ghoul: The 28th Ward
This story begins in a alternate ward, far away from the 20th and even further away from the 11th ward. This city is bent on rebuilding and rising from the ashes, 12 years ago the anti-ghoul organization named the CCG stormed the area with a army of over 1,000. A war erupted and in the end the CCG won, they stood upon the ashes and crumbs of houses they and the ghouls destroyed. Those few ghouls who survived fled from the city and moved and some decided to stay within the destroyed city, hoping that some day they can rebuild the city.

Although there are ghouls who are peaceful and hoping to rebuild the city, there are other ghouls who are bent on revenge. These vengeful ghouls are called the ''Hakaisha'' and they believe that not only are the CCG wrong but the local ghouls and humans are also to blame. The Hakaisha are bent on destroying the locals of the 28th ward and the whole CCG, they believe that the only way to restore the city is to destroy it and rebuild from scratch. The Hakaisha don't have a group hideout, however some of them have places they stay at similar to houses but in abandoned areas.

The other ghouls have many nicknames, mostly created by the Hakaisha. Although these ghouls are passive and peaceful they have yet to figure out a way to stop killing the innocent for food. They don't like the thought or site of killing others but they are forced to for survival. These ghouls are mostly seen in a resident cafe named ''YukiKaze'', delivering smiles and hope for those in need, making coffee for those who want it and comforting those who have lost their loved ones in the war. These ghouls believe that they can rebuild sooner or later with hard work and smiles. These ghouls hide their powers from the humans because they wish they were as human as they are.

The Commission of Counter Ghoul, or better known as the CCG are agents working with the local police force to eliminate the ghoul population. These agents believe that the ghouls are blood thirsty monsters who can't get enough pleasure in killing innocent humans. Although these agents don't live in the 28th ward they are focused on the topic of it and any other ward populated with ghouls.

The civilians in endless melancholy have deep hatred for both ghouls and the CCG, unlike other humans in most wards they carry equal hatred for both and constantly talk bad things about them. Although most are now homeless they tend to find more jobs than they were to find before the war, Sharing the current capacity of currency in the ward for payment jobs.

Kagune
These are the ghouls predatory organ and functions as their weapon and claws. It is usually as red as blood; and flexible like the flow of water (Also called liquid muscle.), but firm and sturdy. When released, a ghoul's physique is strengthened, they are more resilient and their mobility heightens. A kagune is composed of Rc cells, which flow just like blood, can become as solid as teeth and can be described as "liquid muscles". The Rc cells are released from a kakuhou piercing the skin, and the released Rc cells form the kagune. A kagune can be repeatedly hardened and softened at will by the ghoul.

Although a ghoul's healing ability is high, the healing of wounds tends to be delayed if the wounds are inflicted by a kagune. It is also evident that in order to counter a kagune in battle, one must also have a kagune, if not, at least something in relation to a kagune.

Rc Types
  • Ukaku -
An Ukaku kagune (Japanese 羽赫, romanization ukaku, English approximately shining feather) is spread out like feathers and is released from the shoulder area, it specializes in high speed attacks, most of the users seeming to have hugely enhanced speed. The kagune is lightweight and can be used to deliver high-speed attacks against an adversary, the primary method of attack is crystallising their kagune to deliver a high speed torrent of spike like projectiles, however whilst crystallised they are much stiffer and can't be used for short range combat . While the kagune is suited both for short-distance and long-distance attacks, short-range is considered their weakness. They are able to use their kagune as a shield and some users are shown to be able to shape them into sharp blades, reminiscent of a Koukaku, to aid in close quarters, many have shown to be able to increase the flexibility of their kagune for short range combat though this makes it ill suited for their distinctive long range attacks. Altogether, ukaku-type ghouls have a high chance to end the battle after a short time.However, releasing the Rc cells extremely decreases stamina. Thus, ukaku-type users lack endurance and are at a disadvantage if the battle drags on for a long time. Ukaku kagune can use their speed and mobility to shoot down a Bikaku-type user. However, a koukaku-type user can surprise an ukaku-type user by successfully guarding against the ukaku-type user's attacks, leaving the Ukaku vulnerable to counterattacks and exhausting the ukaku-type user in the long run.

• Koukaku -

A Koukaku kagune (Japanese 甲赫, romanization kōkaku, English approximately shining shell) is released below the shoulder blade. This is achieved by a high density of Rc cells. It is heavy and extremely robust. Of all the kagunes, they have the greatest sturdiness and are especially suited for defense. Normally, they are generally shaped into armors or shields. But on the offense, they can be shaped like melee weapons such as drills, hammers, blades, and swords. Due to its high weight, a koukaku's speed is inferior to all other kagunes and the kagune is hard to wield. A koukaku can fend off an ukaku onslaught using its guarding capabilities. However, a rinkaku kagune can deliver severe strikes against the slow koukaku, breaking their kagune and breaching their defenses.

• Rinkaku -

A Rinkaku kagune (Japanese 鱗赫, romanization rinkaku, English approximately shining scales) has an appearance similar to scaled tentacles and is released at the back around the waist. A rinkaku wielder has powerful regenerative abilities that some of them could even survive the most critical damage done to them. Its peculiar appearance and structure yield a superior striking power. A rinkaku excels in brute strength.
This type's regenerative power is a result of the Rc cells easily binding together. Their Rc cells are more similar to liquids. However, this means that the binding force among the Rc cells must be weak, therefore making the kagune very easy to break. But because their Rc cells bind so easily, some rinkaku can bind their multiple tentacle-like kagune together to make a larger, stronger kagune. A rinkaku kagune can deliver severe strikes against the slow koukaku, penetrating the kagune and breaching the koukaku's defenses. However, a rinkaku has serious problems fighting against the balanced bikaku kagune: A bikaku has comprehensively high power, allowing them to fight against the brute-force rinkaku, and the rinkaku kagune's softness makes it comparatively easy for the bikaku to cut the kagune off. This disarms a rinkaku no matter how much strength it may possess, leaving the rinkaku at a disadvantage on the defensive. It has been shown that in some cases, a Bikaku's attack can disable a Rinkaku's regeneration.

• Bikaku -

A Bikaku kagune (Japanese 尾赫, romanization bikaku, English approximately shining tail) typically has a tail-like appearance and is released around the tail-bone/coccyx. It is good for medium-distance attacks and has decent offense, defense and speed. Thus, they have no notable strengths or weaknesses like the kagune based on other Rc types, meaning the kagune itself is treated as a surprise "trump card."
A bikaku has better speed and durability against the brute-force, breakable rinkaku, allowing them to cut off the rinkaku's kagune. However, a bikaku will be overwhelmed by the faster ukaku user and will lose against the ukaku's long-range attacks. The balanced characteristics makes the kagune a preferred quinque type for investigators.

Quinque
A Quinque (Japanese クインケ, romanization kuinke) is a weapon that is fashioned from a ghoul's kagune. Manufactured from a ghoul's kakuhou, the quinque emits electrical signals that stimulate the kakuhou to release and control the kagune. The quinque can be made into various shapes like axes, guns, shields or blades to a degree, but most still retain some characteristics of the original kagune. Another difference between a quinque and a kagune is that former unlike the latter cannot change its shape nor store or absorb anymore Rc Cells other then was harvested from the ghoul it was made from. Quinque are wielded by the CCG agents.​

NOTE and Information for those who haven't watched the show
I will be accepting 21 people max. If it happens to get more attention in the future then i will implement the race ''Human'' as a official character sheet. If you happen to not know of tokyo ghoul then it is a modern horror with a psychological drama tone. CCG agents can have partners, however if you wish to work alone you can. This is originally based around Tokyo where a outbreak of cannibalistic ''humans'' are now threatening the current population by killing them and eating their corpse. These zombie like individuals are called ''Ghouls'' and the CCG was created to prevent the horror of murder by these creatures, however in the same goal they seek to exterminate them as well. The 28th ward is a city in a spot of tokyo where events such as this happens everyday.​

As stated in the other thread, I totally want in :D

Reactions: Kame
I am most definitely interested in this. I hope more players show up!

Your a little late bro.

Really? I did not see any links to an OOC or IC thread. Ah well, sorry for making a fool of myself.

It's fine it's not that it's full it's that we stopped. The creator said to stop replying to it

That is unfortunate. Well, off to search for a different Tokyo Ghoul rp, I guess. Thank you for letting me know.

If you find one you should like please tell me

Sure. If I am feeling up to it, I may just try to start one of my own.

If you do I'll defiantly sign up

I finished the manga a while prior to joining this site, and had actually planned on making my first Role-Play here be about Tokyo Ghoul and the world thereof. However; I saw there was already one being newly opened and I felt it would be tacky to start up one about at the same time.

I'm currently running my Walking Dead Role-Paly so I won't be making one anytime soon, but if one of you guys do intend to then I'm game. Please send me a PM if one opens up!

Status
Not open for further replies.