Tokyo Ghoul Roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Zeus I meant that you have to write in past tense, not present tense. For example, this sentence

Walking back to the manor Alucard notices a black cat sitting on the side of the sidewalk, walking towards the cat and bending down to pet it the cat suddenly jumps on his back and rests.

Should be: Walking back to the manor Alucard noticed a black cat sitting on the side of the sidewalk, he walked towards the cat and bended down to pet it -the cat suddenly jumped on its back, resting.

Also I have a recommendation that you do not wonder off from cool plot situations like that, since if you don't interact with other characters it becames story-telling rather than role playing. Or if you do, don't do it so conclusively - for instance Alucard could have seen the cat right outside of the cafe, thus keeping the possibility of Takahiro going outside and chasing after him, because of the wink, or RIn bumping into him when she comes to the cafe. I'm not saying I'd do that, but it's yet more options. Other than that I enjoy your commitment and I really like it how you started using pictures same as me - I think it's a nice way to visualize the story for everyone:) Please take these notes as constructive feedback, not criticism.

• Love
Reactions: ❖iSengoku❖
@Zeus I meant that you have to write in past tense, not present tense. For example, this sentence
Also I have a recommendation that you do not wonder off from cool plot situations like that, since if you don't interact with other characters it becames story-telling rather than role playing. Or if you do, don't do it so conclusively - for instance Alucard could have seen the cat right outside of the cafe, thus keeping the possibility of Takahiro going outside and chasing after him, because of the wink, or RIn bumping into him when she comes to the cafe. I'm not saying I'd do that, but it's yet more options. Other than that I enjoy your commitment and I really like it how you started using pictures same as me - I think it's a nice way to visualize the story for everyone:) Please take these notes as constructive feedback, not criticism.
ok ill work on that however, i thought to myself perhaps if i leave quickly then go somewhere else i might meet up with another ghoul rather than a double ghoul investigator stand off.

not saying that i couldn't handle such situation but i didn't want to bring the poor bartender into the mix.. he doesn't deserve to be killed right now ;P

Reactions: Aleksandar
(please let me know if it's okay, thus far.. I need to alter his personality to the past 3rd person tense so please bare with me.. I just wanted to make sure I had his personality down first :] )

Character sheet:

'heh! Ghouls? Don't make me laugh, they're just superstitious nonsense to scare idiots and kids, man!'

Picture:
unknown-jpg.38222

Name: Ai Tachiba
Alias: Seymour Noctern
Race: human
Alliance: loner

Personality:
Ai (or Seymour as he prefers to be known as) on the surface is a very laid back and mellow type of young man with a tendency not to take things very seriously. Many have claimed him to be somewhat frigid in terms of his relationship with other people, and he'd often go out of his way to avoid others. Due to his past he would get very suspicious of others and prefers his own company as opposed to others, he lived by the motto. 'if something needs to be done right, I'll do it myself.' which hinted of his independent streak and also his stubbornness to do things his own way. This has often being a curse as well as a blessing because it would often gets him into dangerous situations and makes a lot of foes in the process.. yet Seymour does not mind this, in fact he liked making foes because that means he'll be left alone.

In spite of his bad boy (well you could argue girl since he looked like one) and delinquent looks, Seymour is a very quiet young man and doesn't make a fuss. Yet there are some things that would provoke a reaction from him and one of them is the mention of Ghouls. Seymour is a cynical man, the afterlife and other such notions are idiotic and gauche to him. This means that he knows nothing about ghouls as of yet and even goes as far as to dismiss their existence as fantasy and wistful thinking. He could be very close minded about this and unless he sees it for himself he will never believe it, if he should see a ghoul and it's existence is proven to him it's debatable how he'd react. You see, his biggest flaw his his craving for wealth and power. Under his mellow looks his a soul that burns brightly for absolute power and money, and if he felt that the ghoul's could offer him that then he would become a ghoul in a heart-beat.. likewise if he felt that hunting ghouls down would prove to be more..lucrative.. then he'd hunt them instead.. but first he has to become aware of them and as of yet he is unaware.

A disturbing fact about Seymour is his hidden mental unbalance that only comes out when he's truly angry or excited, he's a psychopath who would think nothing about disposing of others if it would benefit him. Another strange personality aspect is this whole new persona 'Seymour Nocturn' that he's made himself, he's even gone as far as to die his hair and wear contacts in order to help with the new identity.

He is a man who cannot be trusted, a man who is hiding something.. and only time will tell as to what role he will play in this tale.

Abilities/Quinques etc: uhh..he's very good at unarmed combat.
Affinities (who does your character like and dislike): may I add this when he starts to meet people? :]
Brief back-story (optional): would it be okay if I revealed this as the rp goes on? Though if you like I can pm you the details @Aleksander :]​

Last edited by a moderator:
I notice only me and Zeus have posted in the IC, I think Gladis will also do so soon, since we've discussed it a bit. Maybe the rest of you are hesitant because they don't know what exactly to do or how to fit in, so I will give you all some ideas and suggestions, you may do none of them, but you can see the thinking pattern behind it, so that you can transfer it into your further posting. First and foremost [BCOLOR=#008000]"I have no idea what I'm doing"[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=#800000]don't worry - NO ONE HAS! :D [/BCOLOR]

Currently there are two plot spaces, when making an entrance it's always nice to just jump right into contact with others, rather than just narrating about your character. That's too few qi! Currently there are [BCOLOR=#800080]2 plot places[/BCOLOR] - One is where Takahiro, Soon Rin and also maybe @Greedy Donuts are, so the cafe, the other one being the store where Alucard is. Now, Zeus described very little of the shop, so you can take an advantage of that. Here are some situations:

• You come to the coffee shop to get a drink, see the ghoul inspectors and panic
  • You are coming to the coffee shop, see Rin and recognise her for her attire to be an inspector, you've recently killed someone and now since you spot her and have guilty counsciouness you instantly attack her, as a preventive measure. I don't recommend you attacking Takahiro, lest you want to be cut down, injured severely, or can run away fast - all of those are also options for plot, though! Remember: be a problem-causer not a problem-solver, that's how plot gets interesting!
  • Alucard goes to the counter and sees your character eating the shop keeper that you have killed. This has two sub-cases - the store is empty, so you have to deal with the situation alone, or it's not so you need to take into account other people screaming and running and doves coming.
  • You know someone from the cafe (we can have it be something similar to the one from the Anime) you go there and notice inspectors asking the manager questions, you immediately join as sort of a moral support, you can also wait or just go ahead and attack, letting me show off what my quinque is made of.
  • You can always just hate my character cuz he has killed someone you loved, or tried to kill you etc. so you have plenty of reasons to attack him.
  • You are at the store, notice an unkown ghoul (Alucard) tresspassing YOUR territory o mi gosh wacha gonna do 'bout it?
Whatever you do,[BCOLOR=#ff00ff] possibilities are ENDLESS,[/BCOLOR] the only thing that's not okay is to kill someone (with one post, not giving them a chance to react) or hijacking someone else's character. I hope I don't even need to mention God-modding etc.

I notice only me and Zeus have posted in the IC, I think Gladis will also do so soon, since we've discussed it a bit. Maybe the rest of you are hesitant because they don't know what exactly to do or how to fit in, so I will give you all some ideas and suggestions, you may do none of them, but you can see the thinking pattern behind it, so that you can transfer it into your further posting. First and foremost [BCOLOR=#008000]"I have no idea what I'm doing"[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=#800000]don't worry - NO ONE HAS! :D [/BCOLOR]

Currently there are two plot spaces, when making an entrance it's always nice to just jump right into contact with others, rather than just narrating about your character. That's too few qi! Currently there are [BCOLOR=#800080]2 plot places[/BCOLOR] - One is where Takahiro, Soon Rin and also maybe @Greedy Donuts are, so the cafe, the other one being the store where Alucard is. Now, Zeus described very little of the shop, so you can take an advantage of that. Here are some situations:

• You come to the coffee shop to get a drink, see the ghoul inspectors and panic
  • You are coming to the coffee shop, see Rin and recognise her for her attire to be an inspector, you've recently killed someone and now since you spot her and have guilty counsciouness you instantly attack her, as a preventive measure. I don't recommend you attacking Takahiro, lest you want to be cut down, injured severely, or can run away fast - all of those are also options for plot, though! Remember: be a problem-causer not a problem-solver, that's how plot gets interesting!
  • Alucard goes to the counter and sees your character eating the shop keeper that you have killed. This has two sub-cases - the store is empty, so you have to deal with the situation alone, or it's not so you need to take into account other people screaming and running and doves coming.
  • You know someone from the cafe (we can have it be something similar to the one from the Anime) you go there and notice inspectors asking the manager questions, you immediately join as sort of a moral support, you can also wait or just go ahead and attack, letting me show off what my quinque is made of.
  • You can always just hate my character cuz he has killed someone you loved, or tried to kill you etc. so you have plenty of reasons to attack him.
  • You are at the store, notice an unkown ghoul (Alucard) tresspassing YOUR territory o mi gosh wacha gonna do 'bout it?
Whatever you do,[BCOLOR=#ff00ff] possibilities are ENDLESS,[/BCOLOR] the only thing that's not okay is to kill someone (with one post, not giving them a chance to react) or hijacking someone else's character. I hope I don't even need to mention God-modding etc.

I'm typing as we speak......

oh my god shit got real!

@Alek i thought you were RED not GREEN?

@Alek i thought you were RED not GREEN?
my mistake, I usually go with green, that's why
I'm starting a fight!!! Meheheheheheheheheheheheheehehehehehe

Your standard kagune is the black gauntlet-thing, which only gives you immense strength, is that correct? Since you didn't specify how does the kakuja change it I am assuming it's the needles that go inside your body and the armour, which is standard to come with the kakuja itself?

oh my god shit got real!
You got out at the correct time haha

sorry everyone.. something's come up and I'm gonna have to poof, I'll get around to finishing the form as soon as I can! and..*sniffs tearfully* sulk about missing the drama and battle that may unfold while I'm gone..

nah, I'm joking! have fun guys and I'm so sorry about this wait.. stupid real life.. :]

@Aleksandar
All the kagune does is the imense strength, and the needles start at one going into his body, there are three needles, the first needle is standard. (Bad explanation but this is the best I could do)

I'm going to type more information about my kagune in my biography so it will be more understandble whenever i begin to use it because its not a regular Ukaku

Ok i added more information about my Kagune in my biography you're welcome to view it now!

animeguylongblondehair.jpg

Shiro Hikari
Silver Wolf
il_570xN.285693389.jpg

Ghoul
Pro-Peace (Subject to change)
Warm and friendly exterior hiding a landscape of snow and pain.
Likes everyone at the coffee shop (Donut's character when he gets it up)
Dislikes serial killing ghouls,
Ambivalent towards Investigators
Rinkaku, kakuja when berserk
Shiro protects the weak humans and punishes Ghouls who are overly active.
He was taken in by a human family when he was five years old, before that he has no memories. He suppressed his inner demons until he was fifteen when a robber broke into his home in the middle of the night. Shiro's kagune awoke then and he slaughtered and ate the robber, when his little sister came in he ate her too, and his older brother and parents likewise. When he came to in the morning, he ran. He was then taken in by the Pro-Peace Union and has done his best to reclaim his humanity ever since.

Silver (Grey) is my text colour

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop making characters that Rin would be reluctant to kill! :D :D ANyhow, @Yoru no Tenshi my idea was that we have our own version of the Anteiku, which is that coffee shop that the action is being set into. If I recall correctly, Donuts was your friend, so if you two would like that, you can be running it and it can be the third fraction?

No, it's good. It can cause a lot of inner conflicts for my darling. >:3 XD
Muu, we need female characters. ;_;

Can I still create that second character? I'll make her a real psycho. >:D

Status
Not open for further replies.