Tokyo Ghoul ; Gravierend Jagdhund

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Neon Princess

Original poster
Article:
If anyone is familiar with the manga/anime series created by Ishida Sui, then you'll know what kind of roleplay you'll be in for if you decide you're interested. If you're not familiar, I suggest either watching the first season of the anime (Root A is inaccurate to the manga), or reading the manga itself to get a good idea. A summary would do some good as well, but I digress.
Article:

For those of you wondering what Gravierend Jaghund means, it's German for "grave hound/hunting dog' (I think it is, anyway. Been a while since I studied the German language). I was thinking that we could move the plot to a different country - Europe is what I'm thinking - and in whatever country we decide to have it take place in, we'll have our own "One-Eyed King", in the form of this Gravierend Jaghund figure. I was also tossing around the idea of having the Kagune/Kakuja be getting tampered with by the CCG (something black ops like a gas in the air or poisoned consumables that wouldn't effect normal people, only Ghouls trying to blend in), but the rest of the plot can be created by anyone interested in doing this with me.

So, if you are indeed interested, either post below or PM me and we can get this thing going.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Kit-n-Kat
Nice! A :Re/manga fan doing an RP :D I'm interested :D

Interest at the moment, just wanted to confirm.

What about if there was a small group of ghouls who were living in harmony with a community of humans. The humans in the area willing allowed the ghouls take parts of their body (via surgery) with the ghouls doing various jobs for humans (such as farming) in return. However this small community is extremely controversial, both among the human and ghoul society, so is subject to many attacks. Our characters could run into this community at some point, or one of the characters could be from this community.

What about if there was a small group of ghouls who were living in harmony with a community of humans. The humans in the area willing allowed the ghouls take parts of their body (via surgery) with the ghouls doing various jobs for humans (such as farming) in return. However this small community is extremely controversial, both among the human and ghoul society, so is subject to many attacks. Our characters could run into this community at some point, or one of the characters could be from this community.
I was thinking something similar, but in a more 'forced labor for the CCG' fashion. However, this sounds wonderful! I like the controversy aspect, sort of like how Aogiri is quite controversial. Perhaps we could also include the 'forced labor for the CCG' aspect as well, only at a later date? For instance, one or multiples of our characters could either get captured, storm a CCG base or simply stumble across a CCG base and discover that Ghouls en mass are being harvested by the Investigators for mass produced Quinque's and - if the Ghoul(s) in question prove to be more powerful/useful - used as forced CCG Investigators, fitted with experimental Quinque collars that will kill all their RC Cells (and thus, them) should they disobey? It could also explain why the CCG is implementing the black ops strategy to snuff out Ghouls that I talked about in the top post. What do you think?~​

I was thinking something similar, but in a more 'forced labor for the CCG' fashion. However, this sounds wonderful! I like the controversy aspect, sort of like how Aogiri is quite controversial. Perhaps we could also include the 'forced labor for the CCG' aspect as well, only at a later date? For instance, one or multiples of our characters could either get captured, storm a CCG base or simply stumble across a CCG base and discover that Ghouls en mass are being harvested by the Investigators for mass produced Quinque's and - if the Ghoul(s) in question prove to be more powerful/useful - used as forced CCG Investigators, fitted with experimental Quinque collars that will kill all their RC Cells (and thus, them) should they disobey? It could also explain why the CCG is implementing the black ops strategy to snuff out Ghouls that I talked about in the top post. What do you think?~​
Oh my, that sounds like a wonderfully sadistic idea!

Oh my, that sounds like a wonderfully sadistic idea!
Why thank you~ We'll be using both ideas, then. I had an idea to make the London Ghouls differ from the Tokyo Ghouls - Instead of wearing masks and such, what if they had some other form of identity concealment? Or, maybe they're more proud and open to being Ghouls, and wear items or colours like a gang of sorts, publicly advertising the fact that they're Ghouls? Perhaps they have brands or tattoos, piercings maybe? What are your thoughts? Should we just keep the mask thing?​

Why thank you~ We'll be using both ideas, then. I had an idea to make the London Ghouls differ from the Tokyo Ghouls - Instead of wearing masks and such, what if they had some other form of identity concealment? Or, maybe they're more proud and open to being Ghouls, and wear items or colours like a gang of sorts, publicly advertising the fact that they're Ghouls? Perhaps they have brands or tattoos, piercings maybe? What are your thoughts? Should we just keep the mask thing?
That could work, but then if they're in the open like that, they could just be found and hunted. Then again, it's not unthinkable for Ghouls to be allowed to survive legally through some sort of regulation in countries where the CCG or organisations like it don't murder every ghoul because (spoiler for anyone who hasn't read :Re) [BCOLOR=#ff0000]they might not be like the Japan/Germany CCGs, led by ghouls creating enemies for the humans to fight[/BCOLOR]. A system that tries to integrate the Ghouls might be cool to see.

That could work, but then if they're in the open like that, they could just be found and hunted. Then again, it's not unthinkable for Ghouls to be allowed to survive legally through some sort of regulation in countries where the CCG or organisations like it don't murder every ghoul because (spoiler for anyone who hasn't read :Re) [BCOLOR=#ff0000]they might not be like the Japan/Germany CCGs, led by ghouls creating enemies for the humans to fight[/BCOLOR]. A system that tries to integrate the Ghouls might be cool to see.
After giving it some further thought, I was thinking it might be better for them to remain a bit on the stealthy side, given how a massive plot element is them being harvested en mass, and all the black ops stuff with the CCG. I'm just trying to figure out if we should keep the masks for stealth, or perhaps go a different, more unique route for the London Ghouls. Your thoughts?

*EDIT* I do like the idea of a system trying to integrate Ghouls. Perhaps we could do something with that.​

Please fix your color coding in the original post ; - ;

Slightly interested...

Please fix your color coding in the original post ; - ;

Slightly interested...
I apologize for the colour issues with my original post - a friend of mine who is much better at coding is currently writing up a proper template for me.

Thank you for your interest! If you haven't already, please read through the previous posts to see what has been discussed and lend us your thoughts on the matter~​

I'm interested as well.

Excellent! I'd love to hear your thoughts on the plot, characters or other matters regarding the roleplay~

Ever considered doing a mashable? Something like Deadman Wonderland meets Tokyo Ghoul? <---I know this is about to sound crazy. But what if the Ghouls were all rounded up in some kind of ghetto, that was managed by a controlling government. Instead of trying to blend into society.

^Again it was just a what if scenario.....

don't have to take up my crazy ideas. I just often like to play with themes of seclusion and themes of separation and how a society collapses as a whole when we try to separate individuals from others

Ever considered doing a mashable? Something like Deadman Wonderland meets Tokyo Ghoul? <---I know this is about to sound crazy. But what if the Ghouls were all rounded up in some kind of ghetto, that was managed by a controlling government. Instead of trying to blend into society.

^Again it was just a what if scenario.....

don't have to take up my crazy ideas. I just often like to play with themes of seclusion and themes of separation and how a society collapses as a whole when we try to separate individuals from others
Funny enough, something similar is already in the works. Check the above posts and see for yourself. I'm a big fan of Deadman Wonderland as well, and wanted to incorporate some elements from it into this roleplay myself.​

Funny enough, something similar is already in the works. Check the above posts and see for yourself. I'm a big fan of Deadman Wonderland as well, and wanted to incorporate some elements from it into this roleplay myself.

Oh fantastic. Then we're all in agreement. Though, I do definitely like to make a Ghoul while we're on the topic. lol.

Are you going to limit the amount of ghouls and humans in the RP?

How about some of the Ghouls being integrated into society by the CGC and are "managed" are watched by the government extensively? All their lives are monitored. Watched. Tracked. GPS. Etc. So they are free and not hunted down but not really free.

[sorry is my Paranoid schizophrenia showing right now? <---not a joke]

I wasn't thinking of limiting the pool between Ghouls and Humans, but if things become quite unbalanced, I may enforce a bit of an embargo. Unlikely, though.

The Ghouls forced under the CCG are already treated like that, so we're once again in agreement. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clearer earlier - I tend to get side-tracked.

Also, don't worry - I'm schizophrenic too. The very idea of what those Ghouls will be going though is..No. Just fuck that, no.​

Status
Not open for further replies.