Tokyo Death Purgers

"She?" Marius asked as his eyes perked up with interest as the young wayward girl spoke. A small grin sliding along his face in the darkened room, showing his almost glistening teeth within the void of space the three of them occupied. Though, in the end, Marius let out a deep and heavy sigh.

"Leave? Well, we could do that...Although, it wouldn't be in your best interest, considering you're one of the prime suspects." His eyes drilled straight into hers. "The police see your reluctance as a guilty verdict waiting to happen. A poor unpopular girl envious of her upstanding boyfriend, maybe their was another girl involved. I don't know the details of your life or his, but if we can't help you the police will grow desperate and find any story to close this case. I've seen it before, innocent souls sent to prison just so they could have a case well done. I'm sure you wouldn't make it in prison." His tone cold and harsh, but his words were true. He'd seen it all before during his time on the force. Peers of his growing lazy on cases that were drawing cold, and in a desperate attempt to close it they use some half ass story and make an arrest.

"Now, we can leave. But know, we are the ones out to put your boyfriend at peace, and bring peace to his family. If we can't get the truth from you, we can't find the one who killed him, and if we can't find them, then the police might put the blame on you. Your choice, Aiko." Marius could tell that the air grew heavier with every word, the house almost seemed to be rejecting him with this presence that told him he didn't belong, but he wanted the truth from her.

While Tiffany was further refining their next plan of action, Hayden was leaned over the body, whispering to it. "I do apologize for our rudeness...We are most thankful for the clues you were able to provide us." He splayed his hands out in front of him and then pressed them to his heart, as though taking Yuuki's silent reply into his being. "Yes, we will be sure to find whoever did this to you...and we will make sure that they pay..." Something in his smile cracked for a moment, straining any happiness it might have conveyed.

Hayden's little moment passed soon enough. He straightened himself out, clapped his hands together, and said, "Yes! Let us be off, my lovely Meat Princess." He hopped into the front passenger seat, buckled up, and started tapping his fingers on his knees in eager anticipation.

The Closeted Martyr

During cases, Inna was always the back up just in case things were starting to get messy, or things needed an extra nudge, it was a position she gave herself due to her lack of speaking capabilities in a public setting. Compared to Marius, she wasn't really the one to do the talking at this moment. The girl was fragile, weakened, mentally, physically, and emotionally. Inna just interfering and opening her unfiltered mouth, would just cause the girl to push herself farther than she already was away, taking the truth with her, and closing the door in front Inna and her partner.

She stood in a ready stance, leg spread shoulder width apart, hands in her leather jacket, and a emotionless stare fixed on the small girl who kept a good distance away from the two of them.

Marius spoke, the girl responded. Her voice was shaky, but when she spoke, there was a moment when it all clicked together, and the moment it happened, Inna perked a grin. Her eyes shifted over to her partner who sat on the couch she stood next too, he also had the same thought. The light bulb was shining, dull, but it was there.

'That is right, smooth talk her into it. '

It was time to do her job. That extra push.

"Listen.. Aiko, we need you to trust us. Like my partner said, the blame will be put on you, and you'll be doing time that you deserve to do," Inna took her hands out of the pocket of her jacket, resting them down at her sides, one hand placed on the arm rest of the couch, "We need those pieces you have locked up in your heart, we need to complete this puzzle, and we can complete it with your help." Inna looked her dead in the eye, her face edged, but with a soft twinge. "Please, Aiko, we don't want your soul mate to have died in vain."

Ueda Aiko - @Void_coffin, @Heichou

Aiko, someone by nature weak-minded and now made even more susceptible due to sorrow, almost felt compelled to rattle out the secret that rested within her. Yet, something else, a stronger emotion than fear for herself being punished by law, made her soul a little immune to Maruis' and Inna's persuasions - guilt. Guilt that Yuuki would be forever angry at her in death if she was to let this secret escape her lips. However, if she didn't tell, he would have died in vain... These people were right but how could Aiko push herself to betray her?

While writhing in struggle, thinking how she could divert any suspicion from herself, a thought ignited in the girl's mind - a thought she never supposed would come to her. "I-I... I don't know who killed Yuuki. Honestly, I am not sure what I even know anymore but I can tell you that his murderer is as unknown to me as they are to you... I... I don't want to go to jail. The idea scares me that I would have to spend years of my life, wasting behind bars. However, something that scares me even more is Yuuki. I know this sounds kind of dumb... but, have you even been horrified of the dark? You know, Yuuki once told me" she smiled before continuing "that humans posses two types of fears - rational and irrational. The first type, rational, are totally justified for who would not be horrified of killers? They are a real thread. And yet, the second type, the irrational, is what truly makes our blood run could within our veins. There are many out there who are utterly terrified of the dark, even though on a logical level they know that nothing is awaiting them in the pitch blackness. Yet, they still fear it... It's the same with me - I am horrified of betraying Yuuki. I made a promise! I am so so sorry... but I will not be able to tell you what I know"

"However" Aiko proceeded after a long pause, during which she stared blankly at the ground "I will, um, help you out. I still don't know who the hell you are but you at least aren't cops. So, this should be okay... Yuuki led a ... double life. The face he faked in front of everyone was not the complete, the whole him. That's as far as I will go with my statement. And, um, I know that I said that I was the only one to whom he had relied all this but that was a lie. There's one more person and I couldn't bear to tell you this because I didn't want to accept it myself. Heh, I have always been a very clingy, jealous friend. So, go talk to Maki Michio, though I doubt that that jerk will be easy to cooperate with... Also, I suggest examining Yuuki's room... Please, please bring my friend's murder to justice"

And with that, Aiko suddenly straightened herself up from her hunched over position and shot her gaze up at the ceiling, as though praying, awaiting an answer. Thus, while the girl's eyes began to burn with tears for the millionth time that night, she awaited the departure of the purgers.​

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
[The hunter]
["Ich bin der jäger, du bist der essen." (I am the hunter, you are the prey/food.)
Leon Corvinus
victormarkov_zps8cc8de4c.jpg

Leon quickly typed in the address into his phone's gps and grabbed his suit, the black one with the red tie, cross cufflinks, black shined dress shoes, and black fedora, before he put the suit into a backpack and departed for Aiko's house. When he arrived, he pulled a beat up old king James bible from his left saddlebag and the fedora from the right one along with his shoes before He found someplace to change into his suit and when he finished changing, he put his usual attire in the bag he brought and walked to the woman's door with the bag in his right hand and the bible in his left before He set the bag down by the door and knocked.
@Dreamer

The Closeted Martyr

Inna stood there in silence looking at the girl who closed herself off completely as she rejected sharing the victims secret with them again. It felt as if they were running in circles with this girl. One second they chipped the wall, the next, she covered back up, saying words that she couldn't dream on betraying the love of her life, the murdered victim, Yuuki. An inhale slowly filled her battered lungs, as the three of them sat in the Moon lit house in silence, and back at square one.

Inna shifted a bit, clicking her heels together, as her head rolled to a side, a hand coming up to rub the sore muscle that she strained from past events. Her shoulder hung heavy, for the feeling of just wasting their time chipped on her exterior, making her slightly irritated. Although, there was a hint, but with that hint, they could take it anywhere. Yeah, everyone has a double life, whether they like it or not, if they don't, then there is such a thing as honesty, but, the fact that hint could take Marius and Inna anywhere, made her almost as stuck as they already were, if not, more.

"Well--" Inna began, about to gather up a sincere goodbye, and leave.

However..

Inna's eyes flashed open, daggers to the girl who was so against speaking nothing to anyone for so long, finally dropped some pieces to the puzzle that would have this case advanced. And, if anything, things were beginning to get a bit more interesting. Just the thought of that made Inna's adrenaline begin to flow.

Reactions: Void_coffin
Marius sat in pure silence as her words filled the air. Aiko's words seemed to be like thoughts that were finally flowing, but were filtered. She continued to hesitantly withhold the truth, but her unyielding loyalty and fear made it seem impossible to drag anything more out of her. But, even without the truth her words were enough to lead them to the truth.

For once he gave her a warm smile as he stood from the couch, giving her a slight bow as a respectful gesture for a least opening a little. "Thank you for sharing Aiko, we shall take our leave...Although, if would be rude if we at least didn't tell you who we are." Extending his arm into his shirt pocket, he pulled out a little business card that their boss gives satoshi for the purgers to hand to those for business, cause afterall, they are a business. Placing the silky white card on her table, it only read in deep black letters "Death Purgers" with an address of the office along with a phone number.

"If you ever need us or care to share more details with us, contact us." Marius finally said before turning towards Inna's direction. Noticing her widened eyes, he gave her shoulder a slight push. "Come on, leave the poor girl alone. We have other places to check out." He whispered to her as he passed her side, sauntering towards the door and letting himself out. Although, he was quickly startled but the unexpected pounding of the door. Only opening it to find Leon.

"You're a bit late, Leon. We just finished." Marius said casually as he joined him on the porch, and awaited for his current partner Inna.

Mentioned: @Victor Markov @Heichou

[The hunter]
["Ich bin der jäger, du bist der essen." (I am the hunter, you are the prey/food.)
Leon Corvinus

"What can I say? Traffic was bad and I got here as fast as I could. I just got back from mount Fuji. So, what all did you two find out, Marius?" Leon replied getting straight to the point. He was a bit put out that he couldn't question her. He figured there would be others. The file mentioned someone who was prone to get aggressive when questioned. The Raven wondered if any of the others already asked that subject anything. He got a feeling that the woman hadn't said much to his co-workers and given the circumstances, he couldn't blame her. But it did raises some suspicions about her and her involvement in the murder. Thing was, Leon didn't have all the pieces. He just got back from a long road trip.
@Void_coffin

Last edited:
Reactions: Void_coffin
"Not much to be honest, more hints than anything. She was in too much distress, not to mention holding back because of some fear she holds for her dead boyfriend. She said she feared betraying him..though, we did find out he lead some kind of double life, and to talk with Michio and check his room." Marius said summing up the experience, and looked to Inna.

"Well, I would like to cover as much ground as possible before the group reunites. I'd like to go to the deceased's room, and I know you're probably itching to go talk to someone Leon. Why don't you go check out Michio? Although, I could if you don't feel up to it." Marius said throwing in a small, but competitive smirk.

Although, he looked back to Inna. "Where do you plan to go now?"

Mentioned: @Victor Markov @Heichou

Hearing Mr. Kaneda reminding her of green tea instead of anything else made her giggle. "Of course I'll bring green tea. That last thing we need is a completely unhinged Medical Examiner." She teased and allowed Hayden to say his goodbye. Lilith had never been to the morgue with Hayden before but seeing him say good bye to the boy was different. In the end it was terribly sad how this young man had left life. He still had a lot to figure out, mistakes to make and learn from but it was taken away. She tried her hardest not to get attached to the person on the table in any case. Reminding herself to wait till the case was solved before feeling bad.

With everyone happy with the discovery Tiffany led them to the car outside. Lilith hopped into the backseat while Hayden took front. She had no idea where everyone else was in their leads but all of it made her curious. They may only have a few pieces but it should all lead to somewhere.

[The hunter]
Leon Corvinus

"Yeah, I'll go have a talk with the guy. I'll have to stop by either the office or the police station to get his address though. Unless I can get him into the cathedral by phone or a letter." Leon said before he pulled out a smoke, a match and started smoking "confessionals can be very useful." the hunter added around the cancer stick in his mouth. "Just need to change out of my suit before I make that trip." he added after a quick puff of smoke. "But there's a little more business to be done here and not exactly linked to the investigation. I'm going to try to comfort her before I make my way to Michio's. One of the many duties of not only our group at Tokyo death purgers, but also personally as a spiritual leader. I'll get to the interrogation as soon as I am done praying with her. And change out of my suit."
@Void_coffin

Last edited:
2wR9CMw.jpg
With Hayden in the front, and Lilith in the back, Tiffany started up the car. "It's always fun to see Mr. Kaneda." As her car revved down the streets, Tiffany had a nagging suspicion that something big was left out of everything. Yuuki was keeping a secret, but he wasn't keeping it by himself. Whatever was going on, someone else in his small circle would know something. "Hey guys how about we make a visit to Ryo's home, maybe he can elaborate on his "story" of the Lolita." Tiffany felt that the kid didn't tell everything to the cops, so it was their job to get it all out...they needed him to Purge. She sat there as the stop light turned bright red, the red color just pulsating, like a burst vein.

Interaction(s): @Moogle-Girl @Lucifers Sairen

Reactions: Link
Hayden gave a long, drawn out hum. He wanted to see Aiko for himself and figure out if her strength matched up to the wounds on poor Yuuki's body, but then again, hadn't a few people already gone to question her? Perhaps they would have all the information Hayden needed. And besides, it was tough to discredit any idea Tiffany had; she was rarely wrong in his eyes. "Yes..." he said finally, flexing his fingers as he thought. "Yes, the lolita seems a central figure to this riddle. The more information we get on her, the better." He nodded, and made a mental note to ask the others what they had found out from Aiko later.

Reactions: MadKingJai™
Lilou arrived at the office of the Death Purgers, stumbling in the door. She was exhausted from walking all night. She approached Satoshi and showed him the wig and scrap of paper that she had found at the crime scene.

"Here you go, Akiyama-san, this is everything I found." She yawned, putting the items on his desk and wondering what time it was. She wiped her eyes and looked at Ace. She put on a smile and waved awkwardly.

Akiyama Satoshi - @Link

Akiyama was pleased to see that the girl had arrived at the the offices unharmed, albeit exhausted. Well, what was important was that she actually made it and, to top it off, little before she would have to go off to the wig salon, at which Tomoe had somehow been able to make a special appointment.

Putting on a pair of gloves (that he fished out of one of the drawers in his desk) just in case, the young man swiftly grabbed the two pieces of evidence the girl had set before him. Taking a while to look them over carefully and intently, while focusing primarily on the scrap of paper, Satoshi fell into deep though.

After a couple of minutes of silence on his part, he murmured "Judging by the "o" that somehow miraculously survived the fire at the end of this note, we can conclude that petty much every suspect we had in the beginning still stands strong - Ryo, Michio and Aiko, except the girl if Marius and Inna have found something to lift any suspicion from her... Fortunately enough you were able to uncover another more promising clue!" the last part had been louder than the rest, as Satoshi looked Lilou directly in the eyes "However, do remember to produce a writing sample if you ever interrogate anyone, okay? With it, we'll be able to track down the creator of the message. I'll make sure to tell this to everyone else as well."

Hearing the idea of visiting the best friends of their poor victim was intriguing. "Sounds like a fun idea... though we should inform the others. Keep them in the loop and to see if we need to get info about a specific thin." Lilith looked at watch and saw it was well beyond 4 am. If they did go to Ryo then maybe just maybe he would be up and awake. Ryo was considered a rebel and so wouldn't care what time of night to return home. By now he should be since there was school in the morning, if he didn't feel like skipping. "Tiffany you can keep heading to Ryo's home. I'll call Akiyama and see where everyone else is in their leads." Lilith pulled out her phone and dialed for the headquarters.

As the phone rang she placed it on speaker phone so Tiffany and Hayden to hear. "Akiyama, sorry for not showing up. We were well interested in the body, but we found a few things and thought it was best to let you know. Apparently there was a hair strand stuck underneath one of his fingernails. So we have someone's DNA but don't know who. We also found out he had wig fibers stuck in his hair. I don't know if he was wearing the wig but it's likely for it to get stuck." She explained.

Reactions: Link
Lilou was disturbed by the sight of Satoshi putting on gloves. She adjusted herself and shook her head, taking a deep breath. She listened to what he was saying and smiled.

"Very well, Akiyama-san, I will remember to do that." She yawned again, putting a hand to her mouth. She jumped in fear when the phone started ringing, making her more alert.

The ringing that suddenly filled Satoshi's small, suffocating office was certainly something unexpected, but turned out to be a joyful surprise in the end. Picking up and putting the phone on speaker so that Lilou could hear as well, the man was pleased to perceive a familiar voice over the line, a voice he had been awaiting.

"We have the wig with us" Akiyama responded as soon as Lilith had ceased sharing any of the finds at the morgue "Lilou found it at the murder scene together with a note that was severely burnt since someone set ablaze the bin in which it, alongside the wig, were tossed. It was possibly the murderer attempting to get rid of any and all evidence. Unfortunately for them, that plan failed as the wig's label was left intact and we traced it back to a very specific salon in Harajuku. Lilou will be going over there at around 5 to meet up with an employee. Additionally, despite the note that I mentioned practically falling apart due to its charred state, it possesses some interesting clues as it appears to be an intimate invitation for a meet up, probably addressed to Yuuki. I could read it out-loud but it will be incomprehensible, so I'll just wait until you, Tiffany and Hayden return here. However, I will say that thanks to it we have obtained a handwriting sample alongside the DNA one that the hair you discovered promises. So, if you plan on questioning anyone, collect a writing sample from them. I don't care how you do it, just be sure to keep that in mind! Be as elaborate with how you obtain it as you wish~ I know that the three of you are... creative, to say the least, and can think something up. That's pretty much all for now!"

And just as Satoshi was getting ready to hang up, he quickly remembered to say something else, which was very important in his mind "Also, good job guys! I never doubted that you could do it~"

• Love
Reactions: Justin
Lilith listened closely and wasn't at all surprised that evidence was passed by at the crime scene. Some times it really makes her wonder how do they miss certain things like this. "So a wig and a note... Interesting... We are about to visit Ryo's home so we'll be sure to get some of his writing and DNA." There was still one other suspect but she assumed someone would try to go after him tomorrow. "We'll return as soon as possible." Lilith said last and hung up. Now that they knew the other main findings it made the interrogation a little easier.

2wR9CMw.jpg
Tiffany listened to Satoshi on the phone, a note? This was getting deeper and deeper. "Maybe with all three of our creative mines working together we could decode the note. Well, until then, Ryo's it is." Once the light turned green, she sped down the street. She already had his address in her GPS. Taking the quickest route to his home, she took the lane leading off the highway. "This looks like the place. Let's do this, Loves." She hopped out of her car, making it to the front door. She lightly tapped the door. She had on her infamous smile, waiting for the best friend to answer. While she was waiting, she was thinking of some creative ways to get him to write something down, anything really, as long as HE wrought it.

Interaction(s): @Moogle-Girl @Lucifers Sairen @Dreamer