Tokyo Beast Walkers | Interest Check

Should this Roleplay be in the Star Sections?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

Crow

Whatever, Bullfrag is awesome.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Superheroics, Slice-of-Life, Anime, a fair deal of fandom...
In a rather normal-looking city, normal things happen, to the eyes of normal people anyways.

But little do others know, that there is more to this than people let on.

The occult exists, the occult is real, but one specific kind is being used.

A young girl who was part of a certain school's Occult Club - she was its only member - had dabbled in the occult. This caused her body to become a host for spirits from different cultures & mythologies. All these different spirits, however, have one thing in common.

They are all one animal - the Spider.

She doesn't know this, but there are others around Tokyo who have had similiar experiences, whether they had done the same as her or had other means, or at least, she didn't know until she heard word of he who calls himself Murder.

Murder seeks to acquire all the 'animals' for himself. It was apparent that each person involved possessed by the spirits was in possession of one type of 'animal'. Murder claims wish to ascend into a Chimera, and is out to hunt those who hold 'animals' in their bodies.

Others too, have heard word. They too either want to hunt or run.

What will it be?

Welcome to Tokyo Beast Hunters' planning thread! Here, we discuss and express interest.

While not named in-universe as of yet, each of these people possessed by animalistic spirits are known as 'Beast Walkers'. Each Beast Walker is possessed by different mythical beasts of different cultures, all holding one animal motif.

Spiritual motifs, such as being symbols of deities are permitted, but not deities themselves.

Beast Walkers can gain their power through a limited number of ways. The first is performing a ritual that involves pouring the blood of the animal in question into a fire(this ritual can be performed on accident), and the second is to gather sealed spirits from somewhere, be it from a spirit medium or whatnot. If there are other ways, those are unknown for now.

A Beast Walker's base abilities will be the basic abilities & instincts of the animals they represent. If the animal is small enough like a spider or crow, they can disperse into a flock or army of it. If it is big, like large dog-sized or above, they transform into a single one of the animal.

There are a lot of rules of this world to discuss, I'm waiting to talk with you about them!

Interesting. Would there be a limit or ideal number for the beast manifestations that a character can have?

Interesting. Would there be a limit or ideal number for the beast manifestations that a character can have?

I'm actually still thinking about how many spirits can possess one person. For the time being, I'm thinking up to five per person at the start?

I myself am planning four for my spider lady, and Murder will have... I'm thinking five. Maybe six because GM-controlled NPC priveleges but if I do go that route... I don't know if I'll go that route.

If beast manifestations refer to animalistic parts found on your body, the only true limit is up till a full beast form. Anything inbetween is free game.

• Useful
Reactions: Auntie Phaz
*Slides in app, walks off*

I'm actually still thinking about how many spirits can possess one person. For the time being, I'm thinking up to five per person at the start?

I myself am planning four for my spider lady, and Murder will have... I'm thinking five. Maybe six because GM-controlled NPC priveleges but if I do go that route... I don't know if I'll go that route.

If beast manifestations refer to animalistic parts found on your body, the only true limit is up till a full beast form. Anything inbetween is free game.

I was referring to what you said in the first part about 4-5 spirits per person.

Just wasn't sure how to word the question to make sense in-universe.

No votes in the poll yet, inclined towards the latter so far.

Gives me more time to plan concepts, such as 'Hybrid Beasts'(Valravn, Gryphon, even the Chimera will fall under this) and the usual 'Wandering Spirits' that have no host and have been attracted to the opportunity to acquire one by following the scent of Beast Walkers.

Will they be playable characters? Unlikely.

Reactions: Takashi
Ah yes, I still need to start this up.

Expect it by the weekends.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Takashi
Yeah, I still am.

Colour me interested! The possibilities this roleplay could hold is amazing.

I'm definitely interested in this, might need to see some more info though.

All who are still following, are you interested?

I'll give it a go

Im interested in this.

If you're still looking for people im interested