CHARP LOGS TOKO AIDAVERSE (Charp Series Logs)

Zarko Straadi

Edgesquire
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Sci-fi, fantasy, magical, modern, Steampunk


  • @Diana:
    This is a SCI-FI fantasy setting! You and your buds are waking up after a GREAT bachelor party last night for your best friend in the world, Glurpglop, only to find out he's MISSING! You need to find your friend before the wedding.


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Diana:
    HOT TIP: Make sure you write your Character's Name in the first sentence of your post so we know who is playing who.


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Diana:
    IMPORTANT STUFF: Type FAST, write BRIEF. Keep posts to 5 sentences or less, for you will miss out on action if you take too long, and walls of texts mean people miss details.


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Diana:
    This roleplay is NEWBIE FRIENDLY! Don't worry about mistakes and if you're confused, I am in the main chat room to help answer any questions or guide you in the plot.


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Diana:
    You can also make use of bbcode color to help differentiate your post from other peoples!


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Diana:
    Game Master posts always appear in THIS BRIGHT BOLD YELLOW, so pay attention to those for they are giving you hints on what to do next.


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Diana:
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Diana:
    It's Glurpglop's WEDDING DAY! What a wonderful, exciting event, that couldn't happen to a better person! Hosting at the Checkered Tail Casino on planet Ypzyp, no expense was spared to have a glorious and beautiful joining between Glurpglop and his gorgeous lizard bride Princess Ssrzurpia. Mostly because she has been a violent Bridezilla and when anything went wrong she chucked offenders into a barrel of nails and then rolled them down the street. ... so of course when the Wedding Planner came to make sure Glurpglop was awake for dressing only to find him MISSING a panic ensued! Where is Glurpglop?!


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Diana:
    Buck Bonaru, one of the gentleman in the wedding party, stepped out of his room "buck" naked looking fit as a fiddle despite the fact he drank enough booze last night to take out a three nosed Norslac. "Well I ain't seen the stupid git! Last I saw him, we were hauling him to his room and tossin' him in bed! Look under the damn maybe?" he was telling the frantic wedding planner.


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Zarko Straadi:
    Aure had not taken a room, as it was far more pleasant to drift under the open night sky than remain contained within the tiny recesses Planetaries called 'rooms.' As they glided down the corridor (spacious by mammalian standards, but quite tiny to one accustomed to endless light-years of openness all around) to rejoin Glurpglop and the others. As they approached, their small, flying translator-creature began to relay apparent agitation from a pair of Planetaries...


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Loveless:
    Fhlik took a glance around the room seemingly not as worried as the weeding planner, but similarly concerned with a confused silence. That was a really good question, where did Glurpglop go? They were sure to be following the groom with their eyes, by the beverage bar, the 5D roulette... Really, they had even been the last person to leave the hallway after everyone else had been allegedly left to their own quarters! And they had stayed standing in there for several minutes before stepping inside. So how?? And why? And who? Who was a very important question, this could be a conspiracy!! "Wouldn't it be funny if he was under the bed waiting to jump us all~?!", the Fiction-Hopper mused, they weren't as indecent as Buck over there, but Fhlik did take a moment to fiddle with the tie to put it back in place. Perhaps they too had dressed in a hurry. "Haven't heard anything out of the ordinary", they shrugged.


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Diana:
    The Wedding Planner was in an absolute state of agony. They were well-paid for sure, but tons of money couldn't make up for an angry space princess on her wedding day if something happened to the groom. "Oh no! Oh no! Please find him and make sure he gets to the groom's dressing room as soon as possible! I will make sure everything runs as smoothly as it can! Maybe it will all work out!"


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Diana:
    Buck Bonaru just stood in the hall, his jinglejangle a dangling every time he spoke or moved. He scratched his head and pondered out loud. "I s'pose we should look... but if we don't find him, I'd be happy enough to step in and marry a princess myself!"


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Zarko Straadi:
    Flashes of multicolored light flickered through Aure's translucent form, creating complex three-dimensional interference patterns. An eerie voice with tones like a glass bell came from the translator-creature: "Your tranquility seems displaced? What gravitates this?"


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Mglo:
    Yussa strolled in biting into a bulbous fruit. His hair was a fluffy mess around his horns thanks to the luxurious pillows though he'd only used them a couple hours by the feel of his tired eyes. His skin felt so dry the scales were visible in parts of his torso. He looked from Buck's jinglejangle to Aure's flickering light as the pieces of the puzzle clicked into place. "Glurpglop? Shit time to go a'hiding nah?"


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Loveless:
    Rolling their eyes at the frantic state of the planner, Fhlik proceeded to push them outside of the room, reassuring with a dismissive tone, "Sure, sure, you go do that and we'll make a searching party or som-", and then they stopped half-way. Actually yeah, the rainbow rave creature had a good point, "Pal, you couldn't even get dressed this morning, what makes you think the bridezilla would settle for you?", it was a jab, but they seemed legitimately curious as they raised an eyebrow.


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Diana:
    Buck Bonaru heaved a shrug, not looking at all offended at everyone's suspicion. "Who doesn't try to run out on their wedding day? I been to a dozen wedding, always one o them gettin' a tizzy and trying to escape! I'm just happy to step and catch myself a sweet rich princess. Besides, who wouldn't wan a bit o this?" The "this" was his jinglejangle he flipped in the direction of Fhlik with a hearty laugh.


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Loveless:
    "...I think I can think of several examples right about now.", Fhlik responded with a deadpan, not actually that bothered. Daaamn, at least that guy was very confident about himself, good for him!!


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Zarko Straadi:
    More shimmers of color. "Glurpglop drifts from Sszurpia-convergence?" Buck's words did not seem to make sense. "If Planetaries always flee 'wedding'-convergence, then expected, yes? Ritual?"


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Mglo:
    Yussa appraised Bonaru's jinglejangle one more time and gravely nodded his agreement. "Whatever the case, Glurpglop still gotta be found nah?" he said casually taking another bite of this fruit. He chose to ignore Fhlik's comment about the getting dressed, as he wasn't wearing a shirt himself. But at least his jinglejangle was well wrapped! "Where do all these grooms tend to a'run to in your experience Bonaru?"


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Loveless:
    Fhlik at last finishes pushing the weeding planner outside, seeing as that one had other things to do. "I wouldn't say ritual, it's more like, sometimes big changes make people nervous, you know? So they hesitate." They weren't sure of where else Glurpglop could have gone to though, this was already a casino! What else could a groom want?? ...Uh-oh. Perhaps, don't finish that thought line...


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Zarko Straadi:
    Aure made note of Buck's tendril, but offered no response. It seemed rather short and poorly placed to be of much use, and it wasn't even prehensile. They were careful to avoid directing attention to their own, which were much more abundant, and capable.


    • Haha

    Reactions: Loveless

    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Diana:
    Buck Bonaru rubbed his chin and gave a great consideration to this question. "Well, I imagine after we dropped him off, he musta sat in that room for a time havin' a think about married life with only one fuck for the rest of his life. If I were him, I'd have high-tailed it over to the casino brothels and stuck my jangle in everything I could afford."


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Loveless:
    ...And so the thought line had been completed on its own. Of course. "Classy.", was Fhlik's only response to that.


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "You model what you would do," Aure's translated voice said. "Probability of Glurpglop doing likewise? If your species mates only once after wedding-convergence, does that also follow for Glurpglop's?"


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Loveless:
    "80%?", Fhlik replied, thinking back on how all the party-goers acted last night, including the missing glop, "Okaaay- Make that 85, actually...", yeeeah no, too many drinks-, "That's our only lead, so I think it's worth checking it out! ...How did he leave though?", the Fiction-Hopper wondered approaching the room's window, "Through here, perhaps~?"


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "Does anyone object to GlurpglorpSsrzurpia-convergence?" Aure asked. They floated around his cell seeking any potential evidence that he had been removed involuntarily,


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Loveless:
    Aha! Fhlik internally rejoiced, someone had done the question! It was always better when someone else did it~! "I was suspecting the jangle guy, but now I think he's just dumb and lazy."


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "Curious," Aure replied. "Please define 'lazy.'"


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Loveless:
    "Hmmm... Someone that's just waiting for good things to happen without putting an effort to it?", dictionary definitions weren't Fhlik's forté... "As in, if he can not do anything and let other people handle everything, he certainly would!"


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "Then you would model him as by-inertia-waiting for Glurpglop to flee from his convergence rather than exerting-with-determination the effort to remove Glurpglop from convergence involuntarily?" Aure said.


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Loveless:
    "E-xactly~!", Fhlik chimed almost in a sing-a-song, "He'd just take advantage of it happening, rather than plot anything beforehand.", the Fiction-Hopper nodded to themselves with certainty and confidence in their logic, "Like a scavenger rather than a hunter, you know?"


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Zarko Straadi:
    Aure contemplated Fhlik's words for a moment. "If Glurpglop flees from Ssrzurpia-convergence, and Buck seeks it, and SsrzurpiaBuck find convergence harmonious, then we have no trouble, yes?" they asked. "Then only ambiguity is did Glurpglop leave on a chosen trajectory, or on one overwhelmingly-gravitated, yes?"


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Loveless:
    "In theory, yes! That'd work, but...", of course logic was good, but Fhlik knew it was nothing when applied to the intensity of emotions, "The hardest part is getting Ssrzurpia to even agree with that idea. And since she sounds, like the perfectionist type, chances are slim.", very slim, like probably almost impossible, "Indeed, the logic is quite sound and now makes me wonder what the nature of this 'convergence' even is, in the first place. Political? Emotional? Something else? What's at stake here?"


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "Request for forgiveness," Aure said, "your concept 'political' does not translate. Please explain?"


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Loveless:
    "Oh, that's no problem!", Fhlik reassured the Void Waler with a smile, "Lets see... In other species, those 'convergences' may be done like contracts rather than over mating or the attraction of two creatures for another. Sometimes they mark the convergence of empires too or peace treaties. Convergences like this are very important when they represent bigger uhhh, resolutions! Resolutions between people, species and so on. Things of that scale are what one would refer to as 'political', the interaction of races throughout the universe can be a very vast and complex thing...", they spoke with such a fondness for it, for all the shapes and systems and ideas, it was very inspiring to listen to, "So, uhh, does that help or are there more concepts you'd like clarification on?"


    Jul 1, 2021


  • @Diana:
    ~~~ WELCOME BACK TO GLURPGLOP'S GETTIN' MARRIED! ~~~


    Today at 9:55 AM


  • @Diana:
    When we last left our rag tag band of groomsmen, Aure and Fhlik were examining Glurpglop's room, while Yussa and Buck are in varied states of undress and confusion in the hall.


    Today at 9:57 AM


  • @Zarko Straadi:
    Aure contemplated Fhlik's response. Most of the key terms and phrases did not have corresponding patterns of meaning in the Void Walker language, so it mostly came across as jibberish. More shimmering colors and diffraction patterns flickered through their translucent form. "Can you estimate posterior probabilities of to-consciousness-harm or harm-to-body for Glurpglop and-or others?" they asked.


    Today at 10:52 AM

  • @Diana:
    Buck peeked in from the doorway. By now he'd finally put on his clothes (well, the bride-approved groomsmen tuxedo that Buck look highly uncomfortable in), and actually looked a tiny bit concerned as he glanced about Glurpglop's suite. "As much as I like educatin' other species on the many intricacies of livin', we ought to focus on the problem at hand.... For one, this damn room is spotless. I don't think our man stayed here for long we he got back. Don't look like he spent the night here at all."


    Today at 10:55 AM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "Does Glurpglop have a traveling-shell? A 'ship' as you call it?" Aure asked.


    Today at 10:59 AM

  • @Diana:
    "Thinkin' he jetted right off the whole planet, eh? I guess we can check off the big boxes first to narrow it all down," considered Buck with a scratch of his scruffy chin. "Though I still think someone should check out the brothels too while we're at it. I'm bettin' there's a good chunk of the wedding party passed out on some nekkid lap."


    Today at 11:06 AM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "Accession. Instantiating shortest-path navigation to nearest brothel," Aure said, then floated off. Reaching their destination, they coasted to a relative halt in front of the receptionist's desk. "Life-health-abundance for you," they said. "We search for lost Glurpglop." As they said this, they changed the coloring and texture of their torso integument to create an image of everyone's favorite missing alien.


    Today at 11:14 AM

  • @Mglo:
    Yussa too had changed into the bride-approved groomsmen tuxedo, moisturized his scaly skin, and combed his hair. He leaned on the doorframe while filing his pointy nails. Now he looked fabulous again, he was all for the search taking them to the brothels though a headache reminded him of the previous night and suddenly he wasn't so keen anymore. Nevertheless, he followed the crew.


    Today at 11:18 AM

  • @Diana:
    "Full name please," said the very bored looking tentacled woman at the receptionist's desk of the brothel. When Buck gurgled out Glurpglop's name with surprising accent accuracy, she looked over her logs. "Sorry, he doesn't seem to be here in the brothel. Some of the wedding party did get picked up by security last night, though. Something about gambling all their credits away and refusing to pay for services..."


    Today at 11:21 AM

  • @Loveless:
    Before the fiction-hopper could even begin to answer Aure's request for probability, Buck, who for once was not completely naked proceeded to get their conversation back on topic. Right, so seemingly spotless room and absolutely no rope tied to the window... Had Fhlik literally missed the escape the previous night by a margin of a mere couple of minutes? "We were waiting on you to stop jingle-jangling and guide us to the place-", oooor forget that because the Void Walker had a map system! "Or that! Wow, that is so efficient, maybe I should get one for myself too~!!" It was mostly a joke, though the practicality was still quite admirable! Aaaaand the bad news just kept coming- "Oh great, now we have to deal with the cops oooor loan sharks, probably loan sharks; I hope they're not expecting us to pay their bill instead but, I know better..."


    Today at 11:28 AM

  • @Mglo:
    "Do ya think Glupglop very devout to his faith? If not a brothel mebbe he ah went the opposite nah?" Yussa tapped his nail to the desk in thought. Having absolutely no idea where an unpredictable like Glurpglop would go, especially with a bride-to-be such as his at his tail, he was really stretching. Yussa avoided the cop talk all together, that was not something he wanted to uh approach anytime soon... again.


    Today at 11:30 AM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    Aure did not know whether or not they should be concerned about, or attempt to intervene in, the circumstances of the others the tentacled woman made mention of. The 'wedding party' seemed, to a degree at least, to be treated as a convergent Whole, but its members Synced on only the lowest of levels, if that much. "Aquatic predators seem to present minimal threat," they said to the Fiction-Hopper, then rotated back to face the receptionist. "Has Glurpglop's trajectory passed within metaphorical-gravwell of this place?" they asked.


    Today at 11:33 AM

  • @Diana:
    "There has been no sighting of Glurpglop here," boredly responded the brothel receptionist. And since no one was going to help pay off any debts either, she wasn't too interested in their search.


    Today at 11:35 AM

  • @Diana:
    "As long as Glurpglop himself ain't in there, fuck 'em!" exclaimed Buck. He gave some consideration to the religious angle, but shook his head. "Naw, that buglizard hasn't stepped foot in his own church for ages. We best go make sure his ship is still in port at the very least. Then we'll know for sure he didn't leave the planet -- at least not by choice. He'd never leave his ship behind." Buck beckoned for the others to follow him off towards the shipping docks!


    Today at 11:35 AM

  • @Loveless:
    Fhlik took a while to understand what Aure was talking about, or rather, where it had come from. "Oh! They're not literal sharks, just as vicious and bloodthirsty as them, metaphorically speaking. ...Sometimes not as metaphorical, uuhh- They might do harm to our bodies when angry..." While Buck's take was rather harsh, the fiction-hopper had to agree with the sentiment. They were here to look for a specific individual, not play savior to a lot of not so great people. 'Fuck 'em' indeed, let them deal with their own mess and lack of foresight. Hopefully, no one was going to die over this, but can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs! Or something like that, omelettes sounded like something delicious. "So what is the verdict?", they asked, obviously having no idea which ship was the one they should be looking for.


    Today at 11:45 AM

  • @Mglo:
    "Glurpglop's uh baby is easy to spot neh? You can see the love from afar," Yussa chuckled. How the bride hadn't been jealous of it, Yussa didn't know. Maybe the bride hadn't even seen it yet or maybe it had been a place of uh joy fro the both of them in there. Maybe it was best not to know.


    Today at 11:49 AM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "You are very generous to offer brothel copulation-services for by-'security'-raised-against-gravity wedding-party members," Aure said. "Generalized operating principle of 'brothel' is copulation-services only provided in exchange for bio-survival tickets, yes?" they said, floating alongside him. Planetaries were wonderfully strange. Very little that they did seemed to make any sense at all, but they were fascinating to watch and interact with all the same.


    Today at 11:51 AM

  • @Diana:
    "I feel like I understood Aure better last night when I was drunk off my ass," complained Buck. He didn't focus on that for long though, he made a gesturing sound and pointed off down the shipyard towards a very sleek looking silver spacecraft. "Eh! Looks like his ship is there. Maybe he spent the night in there - one last night as a free man before whatever shit he's gonna have to do as a space prince married to a lizard princess."


    Today at 11:54 AM

  • @Loveless:
    There was no hesitation as Fhlik cut in front of the group and knocked loudly against the surface of the spaceship, in a calculated spot that'd make it echo through the entire thing with a metallic resounding 'bang', "Heeeey wake up!! You gotta get married and if you're there you better answer before I decide to make a dent on this thing!"


    Today at 11:59 AM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "We experience that as for-us unfortunate, for we understood you less," Aure replied. "Otherwise, mutual comprehension could be enhanced by restoring you to off-your-ass drunken state of consciousness."


    Today at 12:01 PM

  • @Diana:
    Suspicious sounds came from inside the space craft, but it wasn't the friendly face of Glurpglop to appear when the ship's hatch door opened, It was a group of five very huge, very surly looking aliens with very big guns, now all pointed at the groomsmen. "KSH LKAOU, KAJEYFCOB AKKAHA THBTTS." The leader shouted. It translated roughly to where is the slime oozing eyeball slurping shit stain.


    Today at 12:05 PM

  • @Loveless:
    "Good question~! We're also looking for him.", Fhlik answered in a heartbeat, or uh, did they have a heartbeat? Would have to check that later- "How about we combine information, huh? You say what you know, we say what we know and maybe we'll find him a lot faster."


    Today at 12:10 PM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "Please, be at peace," Aure said. "None of us has produced such a combination of bodily fluids. High-likelihood unpleasant and unhealthy to producer, and non-trivial possibility of transmission of microbial parasitism."


    Today at 12:10 PM

  • @Mglo:
    Yussa stepped behind Aure while both he and Fhlik handled the situation. "What the heck has our friend gotten himself involved in nah?," he whispered to Buck.


    Today at 12:12 PM

  • @Loveless:
    The fiction-hopper gave Aure a glance, casually explaining things as if they didn't have guns pointed to them right now, "They're being metaphorical, that's uh, name-calling. Of the worst kind possible."


    Today at 12:12 PM

  • @Diana:
    "Whoa, whoa, ease off on the guns now, we don't know where he's at-" Buck said in holding up his hands. Yussa seemed to be the only one to understand this wasn't the "ask nicely" crowed, so Buck whispered to him. "Best get ready to run, this bout to get ugly."


    Today at 12:15 PM

  • @Diana:
    "JAHYI JDORUA OPPAJFGE LLAAHBYT," announced the leader. It meant something like lying garbage glitter guts. Almost immediately the crew poured out of the ship and opened fire at the confused groomsmen. "HJKAPIE KKAHGU AJWPEUU IAHAKP ADHOAOIAH, OFIAYAAKD--" Something, something, send a message, something BIG BONER sends his regards--. It seemed not everyone in the galaxy had a good opinion of Glurpglop. This was a team of mercenaries out to assassinate their friend!


    Today at 12:18 PM

  • @Loveless:
    "Oki! That was a lot more guns than I expected to see!!", Fhlik shouted while hopping behind a crate for cover, their hands now working fast as a piece of metal now out of their pocket was folded and unfolded with amazing speed and skill. And even so, the tone wasn't scared, it was more of a matter the factly, perhaps even thrilled one. They were enjoying the adventure!


    Today at 12:22 PM

  • @Mglo:
    Yussa *had* been ready to run and so he was fast to act. Something still nicked him on the arm but he didn't stop to check until he had jumped into a maintenance pit. When the fire ceased, he stuck his head out of the pit enough to get a visual, "Aure? Buck?" he called since he'd only heard Fhlik's voice before.


    Today at 12:29 PM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    There was a loud CRACK! as Aure activated their particle shield. They normally only used it in space, to protect themself from micrometeor impacts and high-energy cosmic rays. "Assessing 57 percent prior probability of hostile int--" Luckily it also shrugged off the first few hits from the mercenaries' weapons. "Hypothesis confirmed. Please cease weapon use before toward-you-damaging countermeasures must be employed." The others seemed un-damaged, so Aure rapidly lifted to the hangar's ceiling so that missed shots would not hit their friends or any other floor-walking Planetaries (as that mode of being seemed to be the most common adaptation to life in a gravwell) and began making swift evasive jukes.


    Today at 12:34 PM

  • @Diana:
    "Gon have to take 'em out!" shouted Buck from his hiding spot under a dumpster cart. "Shit heads gonna ruin the wedding if they catch up with Glurp!" Course, as Buck fumbled around in his dumb bride-approved tux he realized he didn't have any of his usual weapons on him and cursed under his breath. "Hope one o' y'all got some ideas~!!"


    Today at 12:37 PM

  • @Loveless:
    "I have a rather big one!", Fhlik announced as they called attention to their... Huge metallic shield attempt? Look, it was folded in a hurry okay? No one can do a good job while under an emergency! "Buck! Other guy that I have no idea what is called! Come on over, I need help to hold this thing in place, also it makes for a hella good cover~!"


    Today at 12:41 PM

  • @Mglo:
    Turned out the knick had been a rip to his tuxedo sleeve, and now his pant leg was smeared with oil too. Great, he thought, as he grabbed a wrench and hauled ass out of the pit, threw the wrench with all his might at the guys with guns and then slid behind the huge metallic thing. "The bride's gonna kill me neh?," he gasped.


    Today at 12:48 PM

  • @Diana:
    "Quit screwin' around and enact a plan already, ya gnome!" was Buck's reply to Fhlik. he did, however, scamper closer in case the big plan involved a spray of something painful.


    Today at 12:50 PM

  • @Diana:
    PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW in every direction! Lasers and bullets! This group of mercenaries took "Kill Glurpglop" to also mean "all of glurpglop's friends".


    Today at 12:51 PM

  • @Loveless:
    While still unfolding the tips out, into a more half-moon like shape, Fhlik could only laugh in amusement at being called a gnome, something about it was just so funny!! "Oh Buck, you crack me up sometimes... This IS THE PLAN~!!", oh yeah, they did not seem to be joking as they pointed at a folded in handle piece and grabbed at it, seemingly expecting the other two to do the same, "You guys can walk backwards, right~?", they teased before letting out a long 'wooooo! Let's go!' of excitement and indeed, starting to walk backwards as fast as possible! The bullets ricocheted from the Quantum Cube with 'ka-pling' like noises and the lasers could do jackshit against a reflecting surface, it was a flawless plan!!


    Today at 12:57 PM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "Your actions present a non-trivial danger to our friends' bio-survival," Aure said. "We must weigh their safety preferentially over yours," they said to the mercenaries. They began raising power output to levels comparable to those of a small spaceship, which they, in essence, were. They began lashing out in whiplike slashes of their larger tendrils, unleashing neutron cutting beams that flickered pale white in the Casino's atmosphere, striking at the mercenaries' guns.


    Today at 1:00 PM

  • @Diana:
    PEW ZOOM PEW PEW PING! In the fray and escape, Yussa wasn't the only one to take a hit! Buck got a bullet to the ass and those lasers pierced right through Fhlik's shield and set a piece of Fhlik's clothing on fire?! Aure at least seemed to have things mildly in hand, as their beams ultra-heated some of the weapons to explosive back-firing results. ...Glurpglop's ship exploded sending shrapnel and flying mercenaries everywhere. Chaos erupted in the shipyard!


    57 minutes ago

  • @Loveless:
    Shockingly, Fhlik still seemed unphased as they pat the patch of fire down, suffocating it with their own hands since no oxygen meant no fire! Yeah, it burned, but nothing that they hadn't been through before. "Huh, people don't make lasers the same way as before...", they grumbled with displeasure before noticing what Aure was about to do, and how it might end, "Oooh forget the bullet damage, WE'VE GOTTA MOVE FASTER THAN THIIIIIS~!!!!!", and moving faster they tried, attempting to get their little group as far from the blast radius as possible.


    51 minutes ago

  • @Diana:
    "FUCK SHIT'N ASS," yelped Buck, now sporting a bullet to the buns and bleeding all over the place. That didn't stop him from running with the rest though! Luck would have it, there was a straight shot down one of the ships back towards the Casino.


    45 minutes ago

  • @Loveless:
    "GERONIMOOOOOO~!", yes they jumped, and pulled the other two with them. Yes, there was definitely more expressions of thrill and excitement on the way down!


    43 minutes ago

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    Aure's particle shield easily shrugged off the bullets, as their kinetic energy was trivial compared to even a small dust particle at relative velocities measured in thousands of kilometers per second. The lasers, on the other hand, passed through the shield almost unhindered, except for minor dampening effects from ionized air crackling at the shield's edge. Aure's translucent nature scattered the laser light and reduced their damage to irritating to somewhat painful. But then they detected the energy-spike from Glurpglop's ship. By reflex, they extended their particle shield so that it would be interposed between the blast wave and radiation surge, and their friends. The shield absorbed most of the force, but the impact sent Aure rolling and clattering across the floor. Hearing Fhlik's suggestion, they gathered their energy and resolve, lifted from the floor, then swooped over to grab the others, accelerating down the chute toward the casino.


    42 minutes ago

  • @Mglo:
    Yussa tumbled out of their grasp and into the Casino he rolled. His arm was covered in blood but he couldn't complain given Bruck's red drenched ass. "We need to uh get Buck some fast aid!"


    40 minutes ago

  • @Diana:
    As they stumbled out and away from the hatch and into the casino, there he was! Gluropglop! The bestest friend and alien in the galaxy! In his hand was a strange plastic cup with a long twisty straw and an umbrella. He looked perfectly fine and surprised to see them all in such a state. "Friends! Glurpglop found the most majestic drinks while seeking a whiz station! But what has happened to fancy dress for wedding? Glurpglop's princess will not be pleased. Not be pleased at all."


    37 minutes ago

  • @Loveless:
    ... "I'm going to hit this dunce-", Fhlik knew that they should not, but with two individuals bleeding and the epic journey they had for what just seemed to be the alien getting a drink?? The Quantum Cube was swiftly unfolded from the shield-like attempt more into something resembling a rather pixelated mettalic club-


    33 minutes ago

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "You-each...appear damaged?" Aure said. It seemed that the others had been hit, though they couldn't assess the extent of their injuries. Planetaries seem quite fragile. We perceive that we have severely underestimated this. They need traveling-shells to move in space. Have we behaved as a poor friend? they thought. Then--there he was, the object of their search! "Glurpglop, we model you as in anti-synergetic relationship to words of eyeball-slime-spreading hostile Planetaries. We must access bio-repair facilities for Planetary friends immediately."


    30 minutes ago

  • @Mglo:
    Yussa quickly applied pressure to Bruck's wound, "Glurpglob you suck neh?" The outfit could fuck itself, Yussa was so angry he didn't care anymore. He'd broken a nail in the fall to boot and his hair was a mess again.


    29 minutes ago

  • @Diana:
    "NO! Naw, nu uh, we gotta- urk- get our man to the wedding!" choked out the blooding Buck, who now had Yussa's hand on his ass?! Hard not to give a smarmy grin at that! "That princess o his is going to kill us all if we're not there on time, no matter how half dead we are!"


    27 minutes ago

  • @Diana:
    "Yes, yes. Glurpglop's bride is not one to wait," mused Glurpglop, though he was very concerned about the state of his dear friends! "We have medical professionals at the wedding! They are a must when one's wife hurl bodies through windows from angers..."


    24 minutes ago

  • @Loveless:
    Fhlik was too busy whacking the groom in the forehead with the Quantum Cube. Not- In a club shape but basically folded into a metallic ruler, resulting in the same amount of impact as getting hit with a rolled newspaper. And was it, they didn't explain why he was getting hit either as the fiction-hopper sighed with a small frown before laughing to themselves as they walked off and back to the rest of the group, rolling their eyes at Buck's dedication with the weeding. Or maybe the bride was just that scary, they couldn't tell. "Then let's please move along before one of us bleeds to death over... a beverage."


    22 minutes ago

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    Aure set the others down and reached for Glurpglop. "We can deliver him. You-each should seek--" they said, interrupted by Glurpglop's outburst. This 'wedding' was beginning to seem more inadvisable by the moment. "We can carry the most-damaged. Which of you-each experiences yourself as most-damaged?"


    21 minutes ago

  • @Diana:
    "A very good beverage!" cheered Glurpglop, not seeming to notice at all that he was getting a good smacking. He truely was made for the violent lizard princess!


    21 minutes ago

  • @Mglo:
    "Carry Buck! I can still walk neh?" Yussa exclaimed all too worried about his handsome friend and all too angry at this whole Glurpglop ordeal. He ripped his half torn and bloodied sleeve and tied it around his wound.


    19 minutes ago

  • @Diana:
    "Y'know, it sure ain't the first time I been shot at a wedding," Buck laughed with a bit of a slur to his words. There was a lot of blood, but he was definitely going to be fine in the end. The rear end.


    18 minutes ago

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    Aure wrapped tendrils around Buck's limbs and torso and carried him. Buck's words seemed to belie the hypothesis that he was in serious danger; also, why did fragile Planetaries engage in wedding-convergences if they were so likely to result in life-threatening injury? "Sorrow-sharing with you Glurpglop, for your traveling-shell has been destroyed in conflict with hostiles who speak of slime-oozing eyeball shit stains. A Planetary custom of dire 'name-calling.' Does your wedding have defenders as well as 'medical-professionals' in the event of surviving slimy eyeballs?"


    10 minutes ago

  • @Diana:
    Thank goodness they all arrived to the wedding on time, because from the sounds of gossip from the bridesmaids, the Princess had heard her man was missing and might've sent some mercenaries out to end him for running away. Were they the same mercenaries from the shipyard? It didn't matter now! The wedding nuptials were beautiful and strange. Aure only had more and more questions about customs. Buck's buns got bandaged. Everyone was certain Fhlik was someone's lost child. Strange lizards tried to flirt with Yussa. A galactic disaster was prevented and their best friend, dearest Glurpglop was happily married to his dangerous true love. THE END!
 

Zarko Straadi

Edgesquire
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Sci-fi, fantasy, magical, modern, Steampunk

  • @Diana:
    WELCOME TO THE CZAR CROSS CHARP!


    Today at 10:23 AM



  • @Diana:
    You are on a SPACE CRUISE that is celebrating the unification of the Delmok Empire and your glorious Czarina! Oddly, everyone woke up a little groggy today, but there doesn't seem to be any problems whatsoever. Time to party!


    Today at 10:26 AM


  • @Diana:
    TYPE FAST, TYPE BRIEF! This is a real time roleplay, so you don't want to be too slow or too wordy. Try to keep posts to 10 sentences or less so nobody misses out on action or details!


    Today at 10:27 AM


  • @Diana:
    HOT TIP: Write your character name in every post. That way we know what character you're playing - especially if you're playing multiples! You can also use bbcode color to help your posts stand out.


    Today at 10:27 AM


  • @Diana:
    Game Master and Narration posts appear in this bright bold yellow. Pay attention to those because they are guiding you to what to do next in the story.


    Today at 10:27 AM


  • @Diana:
    My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY! If you get confused or have any questions I'm in the main chat room to help!


    Today at 10:28 AM


  • @Diana:
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)


    Today at 10:28 AM

  • @Diana:
    The stars look beautiful today surrounding the space cruise ship. Most people are up on deck socializing and partaking in the free buffet and listening to the beautiful (whale-like) songs of the live band. It seems everyone had a strange sleep last night, but all is well today! May the festivities continue!


    Today at 10:48 AM

  • @The Mood is Write:
    Mm, free food, and nobody cared if she belonged or not? This was an excellent party. Nobody even cared that she arrived late! Then again, this big boat wasn't in her part of the galaxy before. That didn't matter, though. Cass grabbed a handful of finger snacks and ate them straight from her hand, uncaring for things like cleanliness.


    Today at 10:59 AM

  • @Diana:
    Glurpglop and his beautiful new Princess Wife are enjoying feeding each other nibblets and otherwise being super gross with public displays of affection. Their honeymoon momentarily detoured so the Princess could attend this wonderful celebration of the Czarina's achievements. Incidentally so are a few of his friends from the wedding party, but hopefully there will be no trouble this evening.


    Today at 11:01 AM

  • @The Mood is Write:
    Cass watched them for a while, then decided against starting a chant to make them kiss. She filled her other hand with more nibbles and then moved a few steps away from her source so other people could enjoy as well, even if she'd taken so greedily. She wasn't a complete bitch, after all—she was just really fucking hungry.


    Today at 11:06 AM

  • @Diana:
    One of Glurpglop's friends being Buck Bonaru, who thankfully was actually dressed for this occasion. He had on his usual brown leather captain's pants paired with a smart looking vest and over the top cravat. It looked very much what a poor space cowboy thought rich people dressed like. Buck was busy drinking from a champagne flute and keeping an eye out for bored looking hot royals.


    Today at 11:11 AM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    Uli shook her head to clear it. The ball was gonna drop just about any time now, so no time to be all punchy and disoriented. She felt like she hadn't gotten any sleep...but that wasn't true, was it? She couldn't remember having any bad dreams, much less being kept awake by them. Everyone else seemed to be diving into the party with full gusto, maybe even getting a bit more inebriated than usual for this time of (local ship) night? Hang on! Where's Jalaxia Prime?! The resort planet they were supposed to be orbiting was nowhere to be seen! It was not as if the world could be "below" the ship's keel, since the ship could roll to any desired orientation, and obviously would, to provide the guests (and the Czarina herself) with the splendid view the planet offered. And now that she was paying attention, the stars didn't look right either. Moving to the edge of the crowd, she spoke sotto voce into her wristcomm. "Ahi, I think we've got a problem."


    Today at 11:13 AM

  • @The Mood is Write:
    Ah, one of her own kind—a poor spacer. Her own outfit was just her usual garb, but it looked pretty nice to her. She walked over to him with a grin. "You look bored... ooh, hold on, someone else is bored, too." She wandered away from Bonaru and toward Uli. "Hey there."


    Today at 11:14 AM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "Uh, hiya," Uli said, surrepitiously muting her wristcomm. She hadn't expected somebody to just approach her out of the blue, rather than dismissing her as a 'kid.' At 15, it seemed that her Children's Invisibility (the ability to vanish from adults' attention by being quiet and unobtrusive) might be wearing out a bit.


    Today at 11:18 AM

  • @The Mood is Write:
    "Aren't you cute!" Cass grinned. "You hungry?" She knew she was getting in Uli's way and being obnoxious, but she had to cause some trouble!


    Today at 11:19 AM

  • @Diana:
    Buck was about to respond that he was indeed bored cause his married friend was getting more alien poontang than he was at the moment, but this lady(?)person had already wandered off to chat up some kid. He shuddered a bit. Kids! Blech! Short little sticky nightmares! He grabbed himself another flute of champagne.


    Today at 11:20 AM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "Thanks! Yer not too bad yerself there, mate. Dashing scars!" Uli replied, seeing Cass' mischievous smirk and returning one of her own.


    Today at 11:23 AM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "Hey, you haven't seen Jalaxia Prime anywhere, have ya?" Uli said. Ahirant was probably wondering rather audibly in his gravely voice just what the 'problem' was, but she couldn't talk to him directly under the circumstances.


    Today at 11:26 AM

  • @The Mood is Write:
    "Shit, that is pretty far from here," Cass mused. "Not even this part of the galaxy..." She paused. Wait, was she giving away that she wasn't exactly invited? Ah well. She would outlive any attempts at punishment.


    Today at 11:27 AM

  • @Diana:
    A few toots of a ceremonial horn alerted the crowd that it was time for the Czarina's speech. Perhaps one or two had an odd sensation of Deja Vu, but not enough to be alarmed by. The Czarina Polaria Ambrose made an impressive figure with ceremonial garb and a presence that commanded respect. "Thank you everyone for coming to this most momentous affair. For ten years our new unified empire has held strong..." she began.


    Today at 11:27 AM

  • @The Mood is Write:
    Cass glanced over, but then absently did a blah-blah-blah hand as she looked again to Uli. "Why do you ask?"


    Today at 11:30 AM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "'Cause...we're kinda supposed to be in orbit of it right now," Uli said. Could the pirates have displaced the whole ship?! And wouldn't the Koshaks be bustling Her Imperial Majesty off to her escape shuttle?


    Today at 11:30 AM

  • @The Mood is Write:
    Cass frowned. "Well... You are most definitely in the wrong place. This is out by the edge, delcal quadrant. You are very, very far out, and your security is very very light. I was not invited at all." She poured a few munches into her mouth.


    Today at 11:34 AM

  • @Diana:
    That tidbit of information did actually get Buck's attention. He peered at the stars and shuffled over to the rails to peer down where there was supposed to be a planet. "Well, fuck. This can't be good." In Buck's experience, when you wake up and the ship isn't where it's supposed to be, you could usually blame space pirates, government spies, or time anomalies. And ALL of those were a huge headache and tended to get him shot at. He pressed a comlink on his wrist. "Uh, hey mates anybody nearby? Do one o' y'all got my guns? I'mma need my guns here in a minute."


    Today at 11:37 AM

  • @The Mood is Write:
    Cass was really, really surprised that her and her crew weren't being shot at already, now that she outright admitted it, but who cared? "Staring a panic will not help, Mister Boredman," she said as she ate another several munchies.


    Today at 11:40 AM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "Yeah?" Uli replied. Could she be one of the pirates? Eyepatch an' all? "Well, 't'aint my security, it's hers," she said, nodding toward the Czarina. "Can't say I was invited either," she said, then raised her eyebrows when one of the guys with the big honeymoon party started blabbing about his guns. "So, no mechanical parrot?"


    Today at 11:42 AM

  • @Diana:
    Other than Glurpglop getting the message, none of Buck's illustrious crew seemed to be responding to his communicae. Glurpglop whispered something to his beautiful Princess Wife, and both ceased their liberal displays of affections to look a little more seriously (and watchfully) around. There really didn't seem to be ANY signs of danger or anything wrong! The Czarina's speech continued without a single incident, raising a round of applause from the spectators.


    Today at 11:43 AM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    Querant flickered ambiguously near one of the strings of decorative lights. Strange wispy sigils wafted into and out of being, offering early analysis of their temporal redirect.


    Today at 11:44 AM

  • @The Mood is Write:
    Cass cackled quietly. "No, I am not that generic. I have a cat back on my ship, though."


    Today at 11:46 AM

  • @Diana:
    "Listen, Snackmart" insisted Buck. "I'm just sayin' if we ain't where we're supposed to be, then somethin' ain't right and that always gets somebody killed. And my ass ain't about to be under fire just because of some subspace anomaly attached itself to the hull or because some rat-faced pirate douchebag decided this was a good ship to rob. Aight, if nobody else has noticed somethin's up, we gotta investigate."


    Today at 11:46 AM

  • @The Mood is Write:
    Cass looked back at Buck. "I am only saying do not cause a panic around all of these... ah... delicate types, yes? They get in the way when shooting happens."


    Today at 11:49 AM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "They also panic when shooting happens," Uli added.


    Today at 11:54 AM

  • @Diana:
    "Do I look like the kind of guy that causes a panic to delicate types?" he asked with the widest shit-eating grin anyone could ever muster. Apparently Buck couldn't say it with a straight face either. He did get back to being serious real quick. "Aight, I'm going to check up on the captain's deck and see if I can't figure out why we're out in the middle of nowhere. You two see if you can find any unsavory types... you don't end up lost in space without somebody pullin' some strings. Buck also signalled to Glurpglop and his wife to keep an eye out for trouble.


    Today at 11:58 AM

  • @The Mood is Write:
    "Aside from me and mine, of course," she mused, amused as she began to wander through the crowd, sniffing of all things to find anyone that didn't smell like they belonged.


    Today at 12:00 PM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "Hang on there, mate," Uli said. "You some kinda rozzer?" If he was, he was really good at hiding his cop-vibe. "If there's trouble, it'll be on the Bridge, seein' as nobody's soundin' alarms or tellin' Her Highness over there t' stop with the bafflegab an' get t' her escape shuttle."


    Today at 12:01 PM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    The pirate (if she was a pirate) wandered off, so it seemed the ball was about to drop soon.


    Today at 12:04 PM

  • @The Mood is Write:
    "No, I am a mercenary. Saw the fancy boat and asked to board and was just... let in. Found a party when I expected trade, and here I am." She grinned wider.


    Today at 12:04 PM

  • @Diana:
    "WAT," Buck's indignant exclamation was so loud it was comical. It even drew a few curious glances in his direction. He gave that kid a little point and a scowl as if he were promising to later get her for such a grievous insult to his morals. A cop. Him. IMAGINE. Buck did make his way towards the bridge, though. Fuckin' kids.


    Today at 12:04 PM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    It was comical enough to net a chuckle and a cocky 'Bring it, bruh' smirk from Uli. Maybe he was a private dick then. She watched him go. "Merc, huh? Hope somebody actually pays you 'nuff t' warrant gettin' shot at fer th' salary."


    Today at 12:11 PM

  • @The Mood is Write:
    "If they do not, I shoot them," she answered, honest as anything, "Then I take their stuff."


    Today at 12:13 PM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    Querant drifted from shaft of light to shadow, not always crossing the space in between, following the male mammalian to observe the results of his investigation.


    Today at 12:14 PM

  • @Diana:
    Thankfully there wasn't a guest on board that seemed suspicious. Although, there were one or two that could've been had they not been totally smashed by now. The Czarina's speech was long over and it seemed the party was going to go through without a hitch. ...except something skuttled under one of the buffet tables. Too quick to be able to tell what it was, but it definitely caught the eye of Uli and Cass.


    Today at 12:18 PM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    Uli laughed. "Guess that's one way t' resolve a labor dispute," she said. Uli decided she liked this person, though she knew better than to trust her as far as she could throw her. "Did you see that?"


    Today at 12:18 PM

  • @Diana:
    Meanwhile Buck found his way to the bridge. There it was confirmed the Captain and pilot crew were just as baffled about their location in space. They weren't in a recognized galaxy AT ALL and all communications with the Transportation Mainframe of their home galaxy wasn't working. The current theory is that they somehow slipped through a Wormhole, and the question now was how do they find it to get back? Buck just kind of shrugged, but something peculiar was flickering on one of the control panel screens. "...hey, you did pest control on this ship before everyone got on it, right?"


    Today at 12:21 PM

  • @The Mood is Write:
    Cass was surprisingly fast, and she caught the thing in her bare hand, though lost her snacks in the process.


    Today at 12:23 PM

  • @Diana:
    Strange, the creature wriggling in Cass' hands looked like a Gatorbat. A tiny little lizardish creature with a long toothy snoot, four legs, and leathery wings. Except it wasn't in the mossy greens or ruddy browns the species usually came in. It was a glorious swirl of cosmic blues and purples with an iridescent sheen. It's eyes even glowed like stars, which definitely was NOT normal for a typical Gatorbat. Of course, before any other examinations could be made it let out a tiny little "SCREEEEE" and snapped it's impossible strong jaws onto one of Cass' fingers.


    Today at 12:30 PM


  • @Zarko Straadi:
    The sigils they were seeing, not to mention the reactions of the ship-driving creatures indicated that, while the temporal distortion within the local inertial reference frame had been straightened out within tolerances, there was now an extreme spatial displacement, which might prove difficult to re-Write.


    Today at 12:30 PM

  • @Diana:
    Not moments later a ship-shaking "SCRAAAAAAW" out in the depths of space had people stumbling on their feet.


    Today at 12:31 PM

  • @Diana:
    A the mighty sound dozens of the shiny Gatorbats scrambled out from their hiding places under tables and inside of vents. God damned things were now flying and running everywhere! The whole ship was infested! Temporal time readings were going wild! People started screaming and running, chaos erupted in every direction!


    Today at 12:33 PM

  • @The Mood is Write:
    Cass blinked at it, unimpressed by the bite strength, then sighed as the ship shook and chaos erupted. "Damn crazy things," she muttered, then pulled a rod from her side and flicked it, turning the rod into a full-length cryo-halberd. "I guess it is violence."


    Today at 12:34 PM

  • @Diana:
    Buck, still on the bridge, slapped his hand against his forehead in exasperation as the crew tried to mobilize teams to handle this new problem. "Great. Just great. Can't be havin' just the average run o the mill gatorbats, oh no. We gotta be out here invested with some sort of bullshit cosmic gatorbats and OH FUUU-" KABLOOM.


    Today at 12:35 PM

  • @Diana:
    The tiny ones of the ship must've been a clutch of babies because now a massive beast, twice as large as the space yacht was trying to ram into the ship at the sound of it's crying babies. The whole thing radiated time-space distortion -- and seemed to have a signature much like a wormhole!


    Today at 12:37 PM

  • @The Mood is Write:
    Cass scowled. She looked around, then began stuffing babies into bags by whacking them, freezing them, or just grabbing them. Into the sacks thy went, and then she looked to Uli. "Do you know where the jettison-holes are?" she demanded.


    Today at 12:38 PM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "Uliiiiiiiiiiii!" Ahirant grumbled. He was below decks, waiting for her to signal when the pirates made their move, at which point the Koshaks guarding the ship's Vault could be expected to rush to their Czarina's aid. But it seemed the girl had found a friend at the worst possible time. But at least she'd left her mic on so he could hear her side of things. Not in orbit--the fuck? That's when rainbow-colored gatorbats started coming out of the woodwork. Ahirant drew all four of his guns, but the creatures seemed more interested in escape than attack. The ship shuddered from the impact of something massive.


    Today at 12:42 PM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "No idea mate!" Uli said. But then her mechanical intuitions started snapping puzzle pieces together. "Ship this big won't have an ord'nary jettison system, it'd leave too much space junk. It'll have a 'cycler for the organics, an' a compactor for th' rest. Not somethin' we can put rainbow gatorbehbehs through."


    Today at 12:46 PM

  • @Diana:
    KABOOOOOM! The ramming from the Cosmic Mother was creating a lot of damage to the ship's frame and interior. As well as the chaos from people fleeing (or trying to shoot) the skittering babies all over the ship. A fire breaks out on one of the levels. Repair crews scramble to try and keep the mess under control. No one knows what to do about the big Mother outside - this was just a cruise ship! It's not equipped for combat and they were an entire galaxy away from support! If they didn't figure out something soon the entire ship was going to get rammed to pieces!


    Today at 12:49 PM

  • @The Mood is Write:
    "Shit... I am calling my boat! Get people to sack the babies and put them on my ship! I will be back for payment once this thing is dealt with!"


    Today at 12:50 PM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "Airlock maybe, but they've got shields up. Gluon-gluon lattice would just knock 'em back at us," Uli said, just before she was knocked off her feet by the impact. She nimbly rolled to a crouch. "Yeah...or maybe if we could get 'em all up 'ere on the Lido Deck, we could get th' crew t' lower th' main shields long enough for 'em to 'scape?"


    Today at 12:53 PM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    Uli decided there was no choice but to abandon her attempts and subterfuge. She dialed the volume back up on her wristcomm. "Ahi, we got big trouble up here, giant cosmic gatorbatmama's bashin' the ship, an' there's sommat looks like a wormhole, not sure if it'd take us back home or someplace else."


    Today at 12:58 PM

  • @The Mood is Write:
    Cass raised her voice, surprisingly loud. "Put all the gatorbats into bags! I will get them out of here and lure away the big one!"


    Today at 12:59 PM

  • @Diana:
    Word of mouth was spreading fast and it seemed like getting baby cosmic gatorbats into sacks and pillowcases and trash bags was actually working without consequences! Unlike their giant mother who was ransacking the ship, these babies couldn't do much else besides bite really hard and buzz aggressive noises. Gatorbats were getting tossed into sacks everywhere! There had to be hundreds of them!


    Today at 1:03 PM

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "Czarina's tentacled taint!" Ahirant snapped. Their whole meticulously-planned caper, down the shitter all of a sudden, thanks to clown-gatorbats from nowhere?! "On my way," he said. "Bag the motherfuckers an' take 'em t' her ship."


    Today at 1:03 PM

  • @Diana:
    Meanwhile, Buck Bonaru was on the bridge and while everyone else was in a frenzy panic about keeping the ship in one piece, he was coordinating with Glurpglop and his wife. "Hey mate, I got a feeling these little bastards are the reason we're lost out here in the bumblefucks of space! Before we go ejecting the shits, we gotta figure out how to activate their damn space bullshit or we gonna be stuck out here until our great great great great great grandkids are picked up!"


    58 minutes ago

  • @The Mood is Write:
    Cass and her crew began to load up the gatorbat babies into her ship—a relatively small thing, but surely big enough for the job if they didn't mind it being a bit crowded. "Doing good! Doing good!" she urged.


    54 minutes ago

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    This whole distortion was far too vast for Querant to re-Write, and presently (for a certain value of "presently") they weren't certain this wasn't the Preferred Outcome. They could sense the skein of time and history shifting. Instead of the civil war followed by civilization-collapse throughout the Seven Systems that would have resulted from the pirates destroying the Empire's Pride, the butterfly effects of its mysterious disappearance were/would (given what had become/would become the most likely shape of wave-function decoherence) become a great, romanticized mystery. Instead of trying to steer the river, Querant began Writing some of the baby gatorbats outside the ship's shields near their mother.


    53 minutes ago

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    Uli drew her concealed stunner. About the size of a pen, it was the biggest weapon she'd felt confident about being able to hide from the security scans she'd been subjected to in order to go on the Lido Deck during the Czarina's speech. Upending a trash can and unceremoniously spilling its contents, she retrieved its bag and started stuffing it with stunned gatorbehbehs as she followed Cass to her ship. A tentacled form came around a corner, bristling with guns. "Ahi!" she said happily, taking a moment to bend over and kiss him on top of his bald head.


    50 minutes ago

  • @Diana:
    As it so happens, Princess Ssrzurpia, Glurpglop's amazing bride was not only a beast of a warrior but an award winning Physicist with a doctorate and many degrees in the sciences. On her palm computer she was frantically trying to work out the calculations on how such a large clutch of babies could have impacted the time-space travel of their ship, and what it might take get them home before their giant mother killed everyone on the ship!


    46 minutes ago

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "Nice!" Uli said, noting the model of Cass' ship as she helped stuff it with gatorbats. "We could run some interference, try an' keep Gatormama from gulping you down 'till you can jettison her brood."


    45 minutes ago

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    Cross the event horizon of the wormhole on a tangential course accelerating to .99931c relative to the singularity in order to return. Within local inertial reference time, release the creatures prior. The words spoke in Buck's mind.


    40 minutes ago

  • @Diana:
    "WHO the FUCK-" Buck yelled, spinning around to see who had spoken to him, despite the fact the voice seemed like it had come right out of the depths of his own head. No one on the bridge seemed to know what the fuck he was talking about though... and thankfully Buck had enough wisdom to know when The Universe was trying to help him out. "Get out my way!" He shouted, shoving some poor helmsman away (and then consequently having to punch the guy out cold because no self respecting staffer would let some random at the controls and Buck didn't have time to explain.) He adjusted the yacht's course and prayed that his jinglejangle was going to get to see another day. "Y'ALL GOT THEM SHITS UNDER CONTROL YET?!"


    36 minutes ago

  • @The Mood is Write:
    "Appreciated!" Cass said. "Any help is welcome!" With that, she threw the last bag of gatorbats in and gave Uli a salute before she got into her small ship, leaving her crew on the yacht because there wasn't room for them. She also threw her cat onto the yacht so it wouldn't eat any of the gatorbats, and then she took off, zipping past the mama to get her attention.


    34 minutes ago

  • @Diana:
    SCRAAAAAAW. What an amazing noise to be able to echo through space. The Cosmic Mother knew exactly where her babies were, in fact having them ALL on Cass' tiny little ship was causing her systems all kinds of kinks and complications. Something about this species really fucked up technology! But the Mother followed just as Cass hoped - and it was opening it's giant maw as if it was going to swallow up the whole ship with her babies inside!


    30 minutes ago

  • @The Mood is Write:
    Cass set the ship to autopilot and began to jettison the babies as fast as she could, leaving a trail of floating bags of squeaking babies behind her ship as she hoped against hope that the damned things wouldn't get her eaten.


    29 minutes ago

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    "Right, you lot, come on," Uli said to Cass' crew. "Just in case this tub don't make it," Ahirant let out a low rumble, like boulders grinding together. Did he trust Cass' crew enough to let them aboard the Dead Man's Hand? Hells no. But...Uli wanted to save them. So he snagged the small furry beast with a tentacle, the scratches of its claws making no impression on his hard, leathery skin. Once they were aboard, Uli jumped in the pilot's seat. "Hang on t' somethin!" she said, then fired the engines and launched out into space. Swooping around the gigantic gatordragon, she fired the forward guns on low power a few times at the gigantic beast, hoping to distract rather than hurt.


    27 minutes ago

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    With a few more sigils of Writing, the few baby gatorbats that had been missed by the rushed and desperate gathering efforts were spatially displaced to locations close to their mother. The shits have been flushed! the voice said in Buck's mind with a vibe that might have been a giggle. You may circle the drain at will. Then the strange flickers disappeared, reappearing under the cockpit lights of Cass' ship. Cross the event horizon of the wormhole on a tangential course accelerating to .99931c relative to the singularity in order to return, the voice thought in her head.


    21 minutes ago

  • @The Mood is Write:
    Cass was a bit of a stranger to voices in her head, but... hell, may as well! She flicked some switches, pulled a lever, then zipped her little ship towards the destination.


    18 minutes ago

  • @Diana:
    Likewise Buck was making sure the space yacht went into the direction it needed to. As the Cosmic Mother and her babies were reunited and beautiful display of light opened up at the coordinates -- the wormhole! Both ships shot through the tunnel through time and space, censors and arrays going wild as they traveled through. ...but something was wrong! Their ships were shaking apart at the seams! They- they aren't going to make through to the other side are they...!


    15 minutes ago

  • @The Mood is Write:
    Shit! Cass began to reverse, unwilling to lose her ship or worse just for a convenient way back to wherever the space yacht came from!


    14 minutes ago

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    Moments later, the same voice spoke to Uli. The hell? she thought. But it wasn't exactly weirder than everything else that was happening today. Without any better plan available, she followed the offered course. As the ship shook and shuddered, and warning lights started going off on her console, she wrestled with the controls. "Come on...hold together baby!" Then she started to see strange sigils appear, forming into complex groupings, some of which didn't seem quite like they'd fit in only three dimensions of space and one of time. "Whoa..." she said, spotting the flickering form in the center of the odd display as Querant struggled to Write the ships a way to survive the shear forces of spacetime.


    11 minutes ago

  • @Diana:
    Buck watched the controls along with the rest of the bridge crew. They tried everything they could to ease the pressure on the ship but the Cosmic Mother had done too much damage already... All he could think in those last moments was 'Fuck... I can't believe the last thing I stuck my dick in was an Algoifan Turd Sweeper.'


    10 minutes ago

  • @Zarko Straadi:
    Despite her best efforts at steering the craft with one hand and rapidly tapping controls to adjust the ship's internal gravity to counteract the tidal forces of spacetime more and more red lights came up on the status panel as the ship groaned in what sounded too much like a moan of death. "Ahi...if this is my last roundup...I'm glad I got t' have it with you," she said, taking one of his tentacles in her hand.


    7 minutes ago

  • @Diana:
    Glurpglop gave his beautiful Princess one hell of a last lizardy kiss. It might have even been a little too sexy.


    6 minutes ago

  • @Diana:
    KABOOOOM, BOOM< BOOOOOM. The space yacht exploded within the wormhole, shockwaves spilling out until it took Cass' ship and Uli's ship out with it. Again, the crew and civilians were obliterated through a storm of fire.


    6 minutes ago

  • @Diana:
    ...moments later the passengers of the yacht awoke groggy and confused. What just happened? A little drunk and bewildered and NO memory at all of what had just come to pass, people peered around. Down below was a beautiful planet view. The 10 year celebration of the Czarina was about to be underway. All seemed perfectly fine. For now.


    6 minutes ago

  • @Diana:
    THE END...?
 

Zarko Straadi

Edgesquire
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Sci-fi, fantasy, magical, modern, Steampunk

  • Diana:
    WELCOME TO THE TOKO AIDA STATION!


    Today at 12:08 PM



  • Diana:
    This is a scifi space saga setting, where you're on a space station during this weird festival!


    Today at 12:09 PM


  • Diana:
    TYPE FAST AND KEEP IT BRIEF! We're paying in real time, so if you take too long you might miss out on the action. If you write too much, people miss details! Stick to 10 sentences or less.


    Today at 12:10 PM


  • Diana:
    Put your character's name in the first sentence of each post so we know who is playing who. You can also make use of color bbcode to help differentiate your posts from others!


    Today at 12:10 PM


  • Diana:
    Game Master posts appear in this bright bold yellow, so pay attention to those! They're giving you hints and directions for what to do next.


    Today at 12:10 PM


  • Diana:
    My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY! Don't worry about making mistakes or getting confused -- I am always in the main chat room to help answer questions or turn you in the right direction.


    Today at 12:10 PM


  • Diana:
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)


    Today at 12:11 PM

  • Diana:
    It's the Gatorbat culling festival on Toko Aida Station - so the main hub of shops and vendors are proudly showing off their wares. Bags and clothes made with gatorbat skins, delicious gatorbats on a stick, and other fun tourist attractions all being sold at a claimed sale price.


    Today at 12:57 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Gatorbat everything," Uli muttered. For some reason, it just felt...unnerving. "Hmph," Ahirant grunted. Uli glanced down at him, wondering if that meant he felt the same way. If so, he wasn't giving any indications beyond his usual wariness in a crowded public space like this. Gatorbats aren't even dangerous, she reminded herself. Well, unless maybe they clog up the wrong air duct with their nests or chew on power cables...but that's a problem for cap ships and stations like this that have enough vermin to support them. "So...we go find our contact now?" she said.


    Today at 1:23 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "We get the lay of the land first," Ahirant replied.


    Today at 1:25 PM

  • Diana:
    Buck Bonaru was in charge of this "mission" today, seeing as his good friend and partner was still busy wooing his princess bride. O course Buck loved a good shag, but even he was sick of Glurpglop's musty mating secretions! In fact thinking about it now had Buck grimacing over the gatorbat on a stick he purchased. How was a man supposed to eat like this?


    Today at 1:27 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Aure drifted alongside Buck, watching the throngs of tourists, merchants, traders, and stationers, then made note of the distortions Buck introduced to his face. "Do you experience gustatory displeasure with impaled gatorbat corpse?" they asked.


    Today at 1:39 PM

  • Diana:
    "I experience flashbacks to Glurp's moanin'," exclaimed Buck with a bit of gagging. Eventually he got over it to chew into his meaty monster on a stick. "Who and what we meetin' anyway? I ain't too worried about underground shit, but now we got an intergalactic princess in tow n' all, and after that damn cruise ship, I'm not feelin' too good about our luck these days."


    Today at 1:46 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "We seek to meet a pair of 'independent contractors' who may by-experience-know slimy-eyeball-shitstains who endanger Glurpglop pattern-integrity continuation," Aure said. "We survived cruise ship closed-timelike-curve adversity. Should that not indicate positive evaluation of by-'luck'-denoted unquantifiable adjustment to probability-assessments?"


    Today at 2:07 PM

  • Diana:
    "God damnit Aure, I'm not drunk enough to translate that!" Buck grunted. He got the jist though. Something, something, information exchanged. "Aight, lets see if we can find them fast then. Once they start the cullin' we might as well b trapped in a stampede and I ain't to get my ass bit again."


    Today at 2:13 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Agreement," Aure replied. "We also wish to lower probability of repeated damage to 'ass'-labeled sub-holon of Buck. We will establish communications-'handshake' to algorithmically-determine preferred meeting-place." Aure produced a small device from a skein of translucent webbing that re-merged with their body. They activated a contact that triggered a spin-detector to read the spins of a collection of neutrons held in suspension which were quantum-entangled with another collection of neutrons in a similar device retained by their contacts. The wave-function collapse of the q-bits computed a location aboard the station, selecting it from a large list of potential locations. The wave-function collapse also included the neutrons in the other device, so that their contacts would know where to go. Since the location was determined and communicated simultaneously via quantum means, the 'message' could not be intercepted, even in principle. "Please follow us," Aure said.


    Today at 2:38 PM

  • Diana:
    "Yeah, yeah," agreed Buck... not without taking some time to stop at a booth to grab a curious drink named the Gargle Blaster XL. Based on the faces Buck was making, it was NOT a good taste, but seeing as he was still drinking it, it must've contained a fair amount of alcohol.


    Today at 2:46 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Hey--got the message," Uli said, checking the unidirectional holo-readout of her 'Quantum Confabulator.' She was rather proud of the invention, especially since it seemed to be working as intended. "Come on!" she said, taking off for the assigned meetup location. Ahirant gave a low grumble at the human girl's enthusiasm--it was often tactically unsound to rush into things--but she had never given him reason to regret their partnership. They arrived at the location the device had chosen. Not too long afterward, a human male arrived, chewing on a half-eaten bite from a spitted gatorbat. With him was a creature of a type Ahirant had never seen before. His four eyes narrowed. Unknown quantities tended not to be a good thing in his experience. "Whooooaaaaaaah!" Uli exclaimed. She, apparently, had an entirely different assessment of the strange floating creature with the human.


    Today at 2:48 PM

  • Diana:
    "I know I'm good lookin' but you could close you mouth," said Buck with a wink and fingerguns! As best as he could do with his snacks, anyway. He eyed the pair with a surprising amount of shrewdness for someone hauling around festival food and an intergalactic big-gulp. "So... Whacha got then, girlie? Or did Aure accidentally set us up on another paid double date..."


    Today at 2:59 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Uli gave Buck a weird look. "Uh...I'm 15?" she said. Ahirant glowered at the man, but riddling him with holes would be premature.


    Today at 3:11 PM

  • Diana:
    "Aight! Cool, cool," Buck threw up his hands (or well, held up his stick and drink). "I ain't meanin' no harm, you can't ever tell with all these species runnin' amok! Like I said, Aure don't know what it's doin' half the time!"


    Today at 3:14 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Three-dimensional diffraction patterns flashed through Aure's translucent form. "Buck, deducing from marginal increase in translation-difficulty for us, we estimate a non-trivial probability that you presently experience consciousness-state 'drunk.' Correction-with-friendly-intent: we experience our mental model of our own flow-of-action as accurate within bounds of introspection-fidelity and general epistemic limits."


    Today at 3:21 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Uli looked from the space cowboy to the strange (and frankly, amazing!) alien. "Right, mate," she said. "So, uh, these mercs you ran into," she said, "turns out they were hired by somethin' called the Silver Eye Syndicate. I happen to know where their base is..."


    Today at 3:24 PM

  • Diana:
    "Now you lissen you floatin' blob o' whatinthefuk--" he was ready to go on a full all out rant to Aure, but there WAS business to conduct, slightly buzzed or not. Frankly, Buck could handle some grownass thugs just as easy as some teen kiddo and her alien buddy. "Aight, aight... I mighta heard a thing or two about this Silver Eye, and not a bit of it good. So how bout you just go ahead and hand us over a 'lil map and we'll be on our way. No sense in mixin' up some kid into our kind o business."


    Today at 3:27 PM

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Uli held up a hand, rubbing fingers together. That information hadn't been easy to get, so there was no chance she was giving it away for free! In fact, she fully intended to add a surcharge for dismissing her as 'some kid.'


    52 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    "Aaah, of course," grunted Buck. It always did come down to money, didn't it! He shoved his hands into his many pockets, pulling out everything from gears to lint until he finally found a small datapad. Then he paused before hanging it over. "Now how do I know you're not tryin to pull a fast one over on us? That the information is good?"


    47 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    Uli put on a look of offended innocence. "Because if it weren't, you'd never pay us for info again? Also, it's a quantum-encrypted smart-contract. Plus, it's gonna take more than just the two of you to take down that base. But whaddaya know, we also provide additional services, from hacking to B&E to firepower," she said with a confident smirk.


    35 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    "Oooh wooooow, hear that, Aure? We got ourselves a super smart super kid!" Buck out right laughed his ass off so hard he almost choked on it! "She's gonna break the case wide open!"


    32 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "You are not a serious person," Ahirant said in a deep, gravely voice. "Do you want the information or not?"


    23 minutes ago

  • Zarko Straadi:
    "Our translator-creature has rendered dialectic tension between your words and your tone and action," Aure said. "We are not familiar enough with the statistical distribution of intelligence within the population of nymphstage human females to postulate-with-accuracy an evaluation of this one."


    19 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    All of a sudden there was a loud POP POP POP POP, sounding like someone had opened fire right there in the middle of the festival! Before anyone could think twice, a cascade of gatorbats came flooding into place - which was definitely NOT part of the festival plans! People started running and screaming in every direction, firing off the weapons, creating chaos! In the fray, a large figure in all black snatched up Uli and took off. Her companion gives chase, followed by Buck and Aure!


    14 minutes ago

  • Diana:
    WILL THEY CATCH UP IN TIME? WHO SNATCHED ULI? WTF IS GOING ON. FIND OUT ON THE NEXT ADVENTURE!