Toko Aida Military Academy

"No, no, no, everything's fine," Seyn reassured her, resisting the urge to tousle the leafy bundle that might have been her hair, "We just had a chat, that's all. He wanted to know how I got my fur to be so silkly and smooth."

Fiona grinned widely and gave Haldred a mock bow. But, for a moment her face was serious so as to show she did understand. As she walked away she couldn't help chuckling as Haldred's voice rose exponentially, while she did feel a bit bad for the students, Haldred was a very good teacher he knows what he is doing, and besides it was a little funny seeing how all the students squirmed. Jogging back down the hall she tracked her way back to her class.
"Lets get this show on the road." She said as she waded over waist deep through the kids. Reaching the entrance of the hanger she pressed her thumb onto the scanners screen. There was a second pause before the dark green square lit up and gave a little chime of confermation. The doors slide open and Me. O hustled the class inside before letting the doors close behind him.
"I'm down towards the end so keep walking." She said pointing down the long narrow hallway. All along both sides, and occationally on the floor, of the hallway there were doors leading to each individual ship. Ms. O's was one of the last ones in the line, and as they reached the doors she paused and brought out a key card from her pocket, passing it infront of the sensor, and then pushing the door open as the lock clicked open.
"Welcome aboard." She said proudly. The ship was about seventy feet from tip to tail, and it could hold about fifty people.
"Alright a few rules before we take off. One until I say it is okay you guys are going to remain seated in the provided chairs. Two the doors automatically open, those that don't indicate where you should go. Three if you are in one of the turrets do not touch the glass." With that she made her way to the cockpit. The cockpit itself was quick roomy boasting enough room for a crew of five however, there were seats all around the edge of the wall providing the enough space for quite a few people. Sitting herself in the pilot seat Ms. O slipped a communicator over her ear and said over the intercom "Everyone grab a seat so we can get started."

Yrinky blinked slowly at Seyn, wondering for a moment if hoo-man fur was of the same consistency of her tall friend. She seemed to consider this for a great length of time, before she experimentally brushed her face against Seyn's hand and wordlessly began plodding over to Miss O's ship. Her head was tilting around as she boarded as though she was still wondering about Seyn's comment, but she decided she wouldn't find out until she touched a hoo-man's head.

She climbed the steps to the ship easy enough... she was getting better with stairs. The little plant-person also naturally gravitated towards one of the turrets, thanks to the expansive view that they provided. She sat in the seat obediently but was craning her head around at the glass, apparently trying to figure out why Miss O didn't want anyone touching it...

Seyn gave a purr of amusement at Yrinky's response and follow her into the ship, stooping to avoid hitting her head. She took the seat closest to the pilot's seat, attempting to get a feel for the job. She was overcome by the sea of buttons, switches, and panels that covered the inside of the ship. They were both impressive and a bit scary.

The lift doors opened.

Finally.

Samael stepped into the lift, dragging the cart behind him. Pressing the button for the "lowest" level, he let the lift speed into oblivion.

I miss universes with elevator music. The silence is just unsettling.

A few minutes later, he was tucked securely under the forward display of the Admiral's ship. He used the time and the activity of putting the console back in to brief himself on the differences between this flight system and those he learned on.

So, they use a fusion-reactor with stress-bands. Not quite what I'm used to, but I could probably build and maintain it, and I definitely can fly it. Good.

He set himself to finish the task of re-installing the console, and let his mind wander as his hands continued with the mindless labor.

The cockpit was round with most of the front wall taken up by a large window. From her seat Ms. O took note of who was sitting where, and was pleased when most choose to sit reletively close to her, with Seyn snagging the closet spot.
"Everyone prepare for departure sequence." She said quickly flipping a series of five switches. The sound of air conpressing could be heard from the ships entrance, and from somewhere deep within the ship the soft humming that had been heard earlier increased to a dull rumble.
"First lesson. This base keeps the engines warmed so at any point our ships can make an interstellar jump. If we were landed on a planet however, we would have to wait for the engines to warm up. Well we wouldn't have to but, doing a cold jump is one of the worst things you can do to the engines." Turning her attention back to the control panel she pressed the station release button and after a soft jolt they were free.
"We, are, outa here." She said activating the vertical lift so as to avoid all the other ships parked around her. After giving herself plenty of room from the station, and making sure that all systems were working, she turned to her students and said "Alright you are now free to move about the cabin."

Seyn stood up, captivated by the vast sea of stars and galaxies that hung in the single window panel that dominated the front of the cabin. Sure, flying on land had its perks, like feeling the wind ripple through your fur, but it couldn't compare to the beauty and grace of seeing the entire universe moving together with your own eyes. It was breath-taking, inviting you to explore anything and everything you saw; giving you something new at every turn. Seyn had actually only seen space twice while in it's embrace. Once one the way to the station, and now, in this ship, but she never wanted to leave it again.

The first time Seyn had met sea-faring Kronsets was as a kit, curious about everything in the world around her. She had asked why the Captain and his crew were so eager to go back to sea, practically throwing supplies on and off the ship in their haste. Wasn't it dangerous, with nothing but water for miles and miles? She'd asked, Why aren't you afraid of it?

Now she could say she completely understood the Captain's laughter. Because those are exactly the reasons I love it! He cackled. She loved this place. Filled with everything and nothing at the same time. She could see so much and yet know she was millions of miles away from all of it. Yes, this is exactly why she wanted to fly. This is what brought her here and this is what would make her stay.

Done and done.

Samael finally got out from under the console. He sat up and accessed the computer terminal.

Ooh yay! This thing has access to the whole station's files.

Samael first looked up his own file, trying to find out exactly what he was working with.

Let's see... Apparently I'm a combat veteran in this universe, after one tour on peacekeeping missions two years ago. I'm assigned to the proctor position due to my fighter experience on tour and training experience afterwards. I report directly to the board of directors and Admiral Hemphil, Military Education Department Lead.

He continued reading, committing to memory everything he was learning about "himself".

And... I have an office. D wing, section 5, office 12. I'll have to check that out. But first, for a little more research...
Presently, Siderious became aware of a sound at the back of his mind. A soft, insistent clicking. Standing up, he looked around to find the source of the noise. He moved to the back of the cockpit, and removed an obviously hastily replaced panel that could have gone unnoticed had he not turned around. Inside was a small device with a digital timer.

Well, who the heck put that there?

*pop*

Last edited by a moderator:
Seyn broke out of her trace to study the many meters, switches, and buttons that filled the pilot's immediate area. It all seemed very complicated and yet, very interesting. She wondered what they all did.