Today's Tournament

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Tain, Apr 17, 2010.

1. So, today was the first day of our Combatives tournament. I was not at all enthused about being "volunteered" to compete. It also didn't go very well for us, either. People on our team got taken out in their first few matches because of people bending rules or otherwise getting lucky with retarded moves. Then finally my turn came.

I was up against a beast of a chick. She played all sweet and timid, then when we got into the ring it was more or less a complete 180. I couldn't take her down, so I wrapped her up and took her into the guard and went for a cross collar choke. Meanwhile, she kept trying to do the same to me (I guess no one told her you can't cross collar choke when you're in someone's guard).

My blood's pumping, my ears are ringing, she's trying to cut off my oxygen and I'm trying to listen to what my 'coach' is yelling at me but I really was in no position to make any sense of it. Somewhere during all this, she clawed me the fuck up... as in, I have a bunch of long ragged fingernail marks all over my neck. Not enthused. Tried for an arm bar from the guard, but she kept ducking her bigass head in a way that I couldn't put my fucking leg over it. So I said fuck it, went for the choke again and this time I pushed up on her esophagus while I did. Quick tap.

Almost an hour later was my second match, against a guy this time. He was clearly a wrestler, so I'm already at a disadvantage; I don't wrestle. My coach told me 'just fall straight into the guard or take him down, don't play tug-o-war'. So I listened. Only it didn't really work the way I wanted it to. I basically jumped on him and dragged him down with me, then during this he managed to get his hands in my throat and was still standing on his feet. Not good. The last thing I recall as my vision was turning red was my coach yelling at me to grab his ankle. So I did. Then I heard, 'NO! His other ankle!!'

Then all of a sudden I wasn't in the gym anymore. There was no mat. All I heard was the ocean, and seagulls, and it was a beautiful sunny day on a beach with palm trees and green plants and...

Then I'm looking up at my coach and some other dude who are sitting over me. Apparently I was out for maybe 40 seconds or so. My opponent just hopped up off of me like nothing happened, and meanwhile my body started doing the funky chicken while the whole room went silent. Naturally, one of my friends stood up and went "AWESOME" in the middle of the silence.

Witnesses say I looked happy as shit while I was passed out. And you know what?

I was.

I'm going to a BEACH when I die! How about it?

2. ...that sounds like a cool experience...even if you damn well nearly died.

It makes me curious about what comes after death, though I'll just have to simply wait my turn like the rest of us...XD

3. You didn't finish your exploration of the beach. If you had, you would have noticed the giant-headed mutant women waiting for you.

4. You're not going to ruin this for me.

5. Needs more turbans.

6. A.) [​IMG]

OR

B.) [​IMG]

???

7. Blair

"I-I j-j-just s-said t-that because I-I am s-sort of confused." She admitted and rubbed the back of her head "A-and I d-don't think y-you are b-blushing for my r-r-reason," she stuttered, almost shaking and red

Gwen

She shook her head "One day of kissing Jay. Nothing yet." She chuckled "Foreign word. Belle sometimes calls me that to boost my confidence." She paused "Speaking of..." she pulled out her phone and noticed multiple texts. She sighed and noticed the last one mentioned going out for the night to deal with trouble

"Oh she's gonna kill me."

8. indeed myrn. thus if Tain is okay with it, then it is okay.
    he starts the thread he controls it.

9. Blair

"I mean, I was so confused shocked and blushing." She laughed softly as she buried her face in his shoulder "I thought I was going to swoon so badly and fall."

Gwen

"Come on Jason let's just..." she would have suggested to head inside. She saw the man and twirled her weapon "Go inside and I can handle it."

10. Blair

She shivered again but laughed "I forgot to mention I may be a little ticklish...Neck is the worst..." she paused as she teasingly scooted back

Gwen

She scoffed "He didn't care about me. It's a damn good thing I was there." She sighed and felt another wave of nausea which settled down. "He could have hurt you too you know? I would have rather gone down fighting than leave you behind."

Once she was on the bed she groaned and looked at her arm. She managed to repair some of it. She focused on fixing the bone and once it did she groaned out sharply. "O-okay. That hurt,"

11. I'm kinda happy to explore, but I mean... D: How many braincells did I lose in just that short span? I have a feeling by the time I've walked around... I'll be braindead in this world

*WIDE OPEN.*

But actually, I've lived on the coast all my life... but not a beach. I mean, half my family lived/lives in Hawaii, but I've always been away from palm trees and such. So it is kinda weird.

EDIT: Wait, does this mean David Carradine wasn't murdered? He just went to the beach?

12. Everyone goes to the beach, Tain.

Everyone.

*Morel Orel flashback* "IT ISN'T THE WAY WE THINK IT'S GONNA BE!!"

*everyone gasps*

13. I wanna go to a Manowar show.

D:

14. Blair

"What?" She scoffed "No way, I have so much unlimited energy I could,.." she buried her head in his shoulder and yawned again

15. They are heralds of the beach! CLOSER TO PARADISE THAN YOU'LL EVER BE.

16. Don't you say that to the son of a fisherman.

Especially when that son won 2nd place in a kid's Kingfish tournament at the age of 12 & got a crunch bar that had to be about 2 pounds among other prizes.

DON'T EVEN.

17. I ONCE CAUGHT A RARE FISH IN ZELDA ON THE FIRST TRY.

DON'T EVEN.

Maybe...what Tain's beach really was....was an island in the middle of a vinegar ocean. An ocean swarming with jellyfish...

Stinging you...over and over and over.

TAIN YOU SHOULD HAVE STUCK YOUR HAND INTO THE WATER!

18. Based on: Tales of Xillia 2

A woman gave birth to a wonderful daughter. They had wonderful years together as a family. A least till it was determined that the daughter was born with something that could save their doom-world. The problem? The solution would be at the cost of the daughter's life. The rest of the world was willing to make the sacrifice, but the mother was not. So she ran. The world, had two sides. One, that focus on technology. The other, magic.

The woman took her daughter to the side with technology. Hoping a method could be made beyond the magic that would cost her daughter, but the magic-government sent a tracker team, special ops team to bring her back. The trackers catch up, and corner the woman. She was prepare to fight, but the odds were not good due to having to protect her daughter at the same time. The woman, fearing what would happen next, decided on a plan that would cost her own life, but guarantee protection for her daughter.

Before she could act, the leader of the tracker team, betrays her own team, kills them, and offers to help the mother. The mother was thankful but suspicious, and the leader admitted that they felt a soul-bond with the mother, and this meant the daughter was good as her own, and she would not sacrifice her own daughter either. The mother knew there was a catch, a least till they realize what that meant, and they checked, and realize that, yes, a soul bond was there. How do you react to being told your greatest enemy just became your closes person? The mother always felt a bit guilty that her daughter grew up with only one parent.

The leader suggests they do the last thing the enemy suspected, and go back to the magic-capital. The capital lab had a secret project, looking into accessing other worlds as a possible solution to this world ending. And so the leader felt they should go the enemy-hq, the last place they would be expected to go, and sneak into the lab, and use the project to escape to another world. The mother was worried this would be a trap, but knowing there was no way to fake a soul bond, and that despite how risky this plan was, it had the greatest outcome if they succeed. Of course, the plan goes off without a hitch, but they did not plan on entering a war-torn world, or said daughter secretly forming a soul-bond with her mother, and the leader without any of them realizing it.

(Although. Maybe it be best if there are two-daughters. So we both can control 1 woman, 1 teenager girl, instead of one controlling 2, and the other only one)

19. Likely just bland. Though if you ever visit that beach again, remember... no man is an island...