To Unite With the Dark.

Liana woke up, remembering how pesty Braun could be but she knew he had a good heart. Off went one shoe however, and it smacked him -right- in the face! If she had been any less proper she would have chortled. "That's for screeching so early in the morning, Braun..." She sobered instantly, however, seeing Landion there. "Are you -still- my Guardian.....?" She asked him directly, sitting up, rubbing her forehead. At least her memories were clear, and she wasn't dizzy. She greeted Dr. Fujisawa, before carefully standing to her feet. She was just wanting to make sure where Landion stood.... if not replacing his expertise in the guardian field would be such a bitch for one thing and also incredibly painful....

Landion laughed uncontrolably when Liana smacked Braun in the face with her shoe. He hadn't laughed that whole-heartedly since....well, since he lost Liana. Braun rubbed his face groaning, but laughed, as well at the Empress' boldness. Dr. Fujisawa just shook his head, smiling, wondering what this generation found humor to be anyway? When all got quiet, Liana began to act so........like herself! Landion was more quiet and speechless than ever at all this. She was actually acting like herself again....Whatever Dr. Fujisawa had given her, it worked magnificently, and now the assassin felt more guilty than ever. He had given up on her, when everyone else still had hope. She had wanted his trust and his kindness this whole time and all he did was push her away.

"Are you -still- my Guardian.....?" She asked him directly, sitting up, rubbing her forehead.

Landion opened his mouth to speak, but didn't really know what to say. Noticing that they needed time alone for a few minutes, Dr. Fujisawa respectively stated, "Looks like Guardian and Empress need time alone. I and Mister Braun will be outside. Empress, when you done, come into room on the left. I have to run tests on you. To make sure all screws are tight! I go now!" Dr. Fujisawa walked out the door then came back in, pulling a very nosy Braun out by the ear, who in turn complained and screeched loudly yelling, "OW! OW! MY EAR!". Then, Liana and Landion were completely alone. He scratched his head, not really knowing what to say. His Empress was back again, standing in front of him, the same as she was before the Demons had emptied her mind. "I-I'm sorry. For everything. I'm sorry for losing you like that and letting those Demons do that to you. I........I should've tried harder........I gave up so fast. And then I found you, and I gave up on you again. I-I-I turned my back on you...........I'm sorry." Putting down his head, he couldn't look into her eyes. He was afraid.....afraid she was too disappointed in him to forgive him. And who would blame her if she was?

Landion.jpg

It was then that Liana put her foot down. On Landion's toe! "Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....... stupid stubborn maaales." She huffed. "It -wasn't- entirely your fault the demons got ahold of me that day. In fact, my idiot-self was the one who insisted we went for a walk when we weren't supposed to! They ambushed me only because I had walked out ahead of you." She huffed, before promptly glomping him. She'd missed her strong Guardian by her side. "Don't ever scare me like you did last night...and I'll forget the whole thing." She said, wiping her eyes on his sleeve. She went back to Dr. Fijisawa, ready for tests and procedures. She couldn't help that he'd probably find a lot of scars on her, considering how long she'd hunted on Earth by herself. But that didn't matter anymore.

Landion was utterly confused. After a whomping from Liana and a painful stomp on the foot, he didn't know whether to smile or cry.

"Don't ever scare me like you did last night...and I'll forget the whole thing."

He smiled anyway, and picked up his sword and jacket from off the table, as she left the room. He walked out as well her words playing through his head over and over again. He hadn't even been paying attention that Braun was talking to him when he reached the hallway. Braun had to shake him really hard to get him to listen. "DUUUDE!!!! DUUUUUUDE!!! Aren't you even paying attention to what I'm saying?!?! Man......you're SO lovestruck! Just like it was before everything with the Empress went down!" Landion looked up at his best friend and smiled, then laughed. "Yeah, sure, whatever! I chose to stick with her, just so you'll know.......and sorry for yellin at you like that back at the ship." Braun scoffed. "Hey! Don't get all sad and sappy on me, alright? It's ok, I understand! I'm your----" Suddenly, a soldier burst in wounded and bleeding heavily. He fell to his knees trying to explain himself. Braun quickly ran to his side. "Private! What happened?" The soldier put his hand up, slowly, gasping for air. "I.....They.....They came.......back.......The....The....The......Demons!........Attacking.....near the center of...town..........Help!!!!" And with that, he died in Braun's arms. Dr. Fujisawa ran out quickly when he heard the commotion, gasping when he found out what happened. Landion unsheathed his sword and walked into the Testing Room where Liana was. He poked his head through, looking at Liana, and said,"The Demons are attacking again, Empress. You should stay here with Fujisawa where it's safe!" And he ran out the lab with Braun heading towards the center of the city.

Landion.jpg

The Empress was having none of this 'stay put' business. Apologizing to the doctor and promising she'd be back, she left the stakes out of her weapons belt, deciding she only needed her sword, and raced out of the building, she knew somehow, -exactly- where the demons were. There was always a million bad memories associated with these creatures, and Liana wasted no time at all in reaching the closest demons, using both her Quick silver magic to burn the demons from inside out, turning them into dust, along with her sparkling silver blade which was now glowing in tune with her powers. She managed to take out quite a few of these brutes- just by herself! She didn't even notice her eyes were glowing as they used to when she was younger.

Seeing the Empress at the battlefield before he even got there was quite perplexing, but Landion didn't try to figure it out. She did have supernatural powers, after all! Grabbing a laser gun from a nearby Private, he just took out his sword and started swinging. These Demons were hard to beat, and took a lot of teamwork just to kill one. But, looking back at Liana, she was killing those things off like crazy! And alone, too! She always was pretty strong on her own. Landion carefully ran down the streets looking at the situation. It didn't look good. At all. The more everyone killed, the more that swarmed in. It was like an endless train of Demons were filling up Central, and they were coming faster than they could kill. All of them were quite deadly, and it wasn't long before some Demon came behind Landion to pick a fight. Doing his best at fighting it, he jumped up on some of the high platforms as it slashed its claws and gnawed its teeth at him. Nearly slipping off the edge, Landion swung at the creature, dismembering its arm as it screeched in pain. Suddenly, Braun came running behind it, cutting of its head, instantly killing it with his axe. Pulling Landion up, he said, "This is tiring! By the way......Don't these Demons seem like they've gotten a bit..........stronger?"

Landion realized that Braun was right. But.....how? Suddenly, all of the Demons stopped fighting back and flew into the air into a large black hole, and they were all gone. All of the soldiers and everyone looked around confused. What was that for? Usually the Demons fought to the death, but now they suddenly fly off and disappear? Jumping down from the high platform, Braun and Landion looked up at the sky quizzically like everyone else had. Something fishy was going on, but he couldn't seem to figure out what. Running back towards the Empress he contemplated the previous event. What was going on?

Landion.jpg

The empress however, was just as puzzled as they were! She ignored a nasty gash on her arm in favor of examining the direction the demons had left! "They've moved to the woods!" She exclaimed, following without a doubt. She wasn't going to let those demons win at anything, and made sure she had her silver fire glowing in her palms, intending to burn them all if she had to! She did keep her guard up however, knowing these demons were indeed getting a bit stronger and faster than what was normal for them. "Alright beasties.... time for you to die.." She said, having lost Landion and Braun ages ago!

"They've moved to the woods!" She exclaimed, following without a doubt.

Landion complained to Braun as they ran as quickly as they could behind a very determined Liana into the unexplored and uncharted forests of the Dark World.
"You know.....I've read a lot of Human books....watched a lot of Human shows.....Empresses sre supposed to sit on their thrones, and look at theirselves in the mirror, and look all pretty,......not Hunt Dark Creatures, kill Demons, and run around in every place dangerous!!!!......She's always been the energetic type......ever since she was a child....Hahahaha! I guess I have my work cut out for me!" Laughing, Landion couldn't help thinking of all the memories of Liana as a child. Cute, perky, and all the more bossy! He was happy to say that he was proud to be her Guardian, and that he wouldn't trade his position for anything in the world. Getting closer to Liana he suddenly could hear someone. Really something speaking. It's voice was raspy and eery, and it could be heard all over the forest if you could understand the Dark Language.

"Human blood I smell.....Deep in the forest! Come to me, fair maiden, for my superiors wish to take of your precious life!"

A trap! Landion didn't know whether or not Liana could understand the Dark Language, but he hoped she knew to turn around and run! "LIANA! EMPRESS! RUUUUN!!!!" he yelled as loud as he could. He prayed to the gods that she had heard him, and ran even faster through the thick and unappealing brush. Braun was struggling to keep up beacause of his large, towering size, but still managed to catch up with Landion. "Landion!.......I think....I think we're coming to a clearing....see?" he said out of breath. Landion jumped over a fallen tree branch to see that Braun was again correct. But, they were both in for more than they bargained for, as they came upon a very tall Demon who was even taller than Braun. The tallest and biggest Demon they had ever come across before. It turned around to look at them, smiling very sinisterly, and holding someone very important. The Empress! Her limp body lay in the Demons arms, fragile and unconscious. Apparently, she had gotten Landion's message too late, and the Demon somehow knocked her out. This was the second time Landion was too late while trying to save Liana. His heart sank, but wasn't going to give up now!

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!?! LET HER GO!!!!!"

The Demon chuckled softly, "You are....The Guardian boy! Heh! Late again! I caught her the last time and now I've got her again! For a Guardian, you're quite terrible! I can't understand why she chose you anyway!"

Mortified, Landion took a few steps back. Not only was it the first speaking Demon he had ever come across, it was the same Demon that had taken her away the last time and took away her memory, and injured Landion terribly!

Laughing maniacally, the Demon seethed, "I BET YOU STILL HAVE THAT SCAR AS WELL!!! A personal reminder for yourself that you're nothing, but a weak-minded fool!!!"

The Guardian stood there terrified and angry. He wanted to believe that the Demon was right, but Liana's words kept playing through his head over and over.
"Don't ever scare me like you did last night...and I'll forget the whole thing."
Furious and showing his fangs, Landion walked up to the Demon bravely, "SHUT UP!!! I PROMISED LIANA I WOULDN'T LEAVE HER AGAIN!!!! I'M NOT LEAVING WITHOUT A FIGHT!!!! I'M HER GUARDIAN!!!!! IF YOU WANT HER, YOU'LL HAVE TO GO THROUGH ME FIRST!!!!!!!!" The Demon was astonished, but still not convinced.

"You've made a huge mistake Vampire!!! PREPARE TO DIE!!!!!!!!"

Landion.jpg

Although she'd been knocked out by that demon, Liana's temper was kicking in at being so horribly ambushed! Her body started glowing white at first, then a bright, blinding pale silver. Without any effort seemingly on her part, a giant sphere of silver light pulsed from her body, directly into the demon holding her! It could only yell in surprise as the magic tore him up from the inside out, causing him to explode into dust, and drop the empress to the hard ground! What was more amazing? She didn't even wake up.. not once! The other demons were soon destroyed as well as she controlled an army of silver spheres throughout the whole town where the demons had been, destroying every single one without a hitch! She had somehow gotten stronger over the years or maybe that demon had amplified her powers without realizing it. A lot sure seemed to happen whenever she was knocked out like this! One thing was certain, her hatred of demons didn't allow -any- circumstances to prevent her from wiping out as many of them as possible. Empresses were supposed to stay on their thrones and only watch were they? Well Liana didn't believe in that policy- at all!

Landion couldn't explain what had just happened nor did he attempt to. He just ran over to the unconcious young woman, hoping that she was still alive and more so that she hadn't lost her memory. Picking her up gently, he could see she had a nasty gash in her arm. Finally, catching up and completely out of breath, Braun walked up to Landion slowly. "Man.....Screw you both for makin a big guy like me run so far!.......Is she ok? And what the heck was that bright light?......I thought I heard you and some freak yelling at each other! What happened? At what's up with all this ash and dust on the ground???" Braun rambled. Landion turned and looked at Braun annoyed, "Shut up and pass me my pack! I'll explain later!" The Weapons Trainer gave him his pack, and Landion quickly dug around in it and retrieved a mini-medical kit. He began to carefully stitch Liana's open wound while Braun laid on the ground beside him, his hands behind his head. The Guardian talked while he worked, "...........I wasn't going to leave her this time. I was going to fight to the death if I had to......." Braun looked over at him in surprise. 'You mean.....the Empress killed whatever-that-was?!.......Dang! She is strong!" Eventually the two began their long trek back to town, Landion carrying his Empress in his arms. They all had a lot of explaining to do to Dr. Fujisawa.

Landion.jpg

Liana stirred a bit while she was being stitched. She'd heard everything while unconscious. "Ugh..... I hate- those foul creatures....... seems I need to strengthen the barriers again so there's no further infiltration on their part." She didn't move, considering Landion was carrying her to the doctors's. Her arm had been temporarily stitched and bandaged, for which she thanked him. The planet's silver glow turned bright blue within seconds. She herself didn't know if she was the Vampires' Empress only because of her powers or for other reasons. That hadn't really been explained why she was 'chosen'. But she figured it had to do with her powers for the most part, and intended to use every bit of them to keep this planet safer. She watched the barrier's glow get ten times stronger than what it had been before. She remembered all the times when she'd been younger, before the demon's had gotten her. She'd definitely been more of an optimistic person then. Now, her mind was full of strategies for slaying evil creatures, keeping her survival chances maximum, and ... patching things up with Landion. She wondered how he'd changed over the years.... She was glad his resolve to not leave her again was still there however.

Once at the Doctor's infirmary room again however, she could only brace herself. She had to agree with Braun and Landion.... the guy was going to get -very- angry!

"WHAT HAPPEN?! WHAT HAPPEN?!" Dr. Fujisawa yelled, "FIRST YOU LEAVE DEAD GUY ON MY GOOD CLEAN FLOOR!!!! THEN YOU RUN OFF AND LEAVE EMPRESS AND EMPRESS RUN AWAY!!!! YOU ALL LEAVE ME WORRIED WITH MY HEAD IN ASS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT HAPPENING!!!!!!!! AND NOW YOU COME BACK WITH BRUISES AND EMPRESS HAS BAD CUT ON ARM AND IS UNCONSIOUS----AGAIN!!!! AND THE STITCHING IS JAGGED, TOO!!!!" Pacing around and occasionally beating Landion on the head with his clipboard. "OOOOOH!!! YOU HAD BETTER HOPE HER MEMORY STILL HERE!!!!! OR I BEAT YOU BOTH BLOODY!!!! AND YOU DON'T WANT JAPANESE BEATING, NOOO!!!!!! YOU GUARDIAN!!! YOU SUPPOSED TO TALK HER OUT OF TROUBLE NOT GET HER IN IT!!!!! I GO RUN TESTS NOW!!!! YOU BOTH BETTER NOT MOVE MUSCLE!!!!!" And with that, he marched off into the back placing the Empress gently on his examination table, and leaving Landion and Braun in the hallway to saunter.

Landion scratched his head, and paced around. He didn't think he had been wreckless at all and really didn't understand why the scientist had such a bitchy fit about the way he protects his Empress. It was his job, after all. Not anyone elses. And, he definitely thought he had done a good job temporarily stitching her wound. Shrugging lightly, he sat down on the floor with Braun. Apparently, Fujisawa was going to make them spend the rest of the day and night lying on the cold, hard, linoleum floor as punishment. Punishment for what? Neither really knew, but Fujisawa was a friend and nontheless pretty elderly, and if there's something both Braun and Landion learned as kids, it was to respect their elders, and they definitely didn't want to push his buttons any further. Who knows what the 72-year-old man was capable of! Braun laid there nearby Landion staring at the ceiling. These tests were taking hours to finish. Pretty soon, both him and Landion fell asleep on the floor waiting for the results. He hoped that her memory wasn't gone or else Landion would once again have a reason to be a guilty, snappy asshole again. And he didn't want to see that. If there was anything the two would have to worry about, it was the major back cramps they'd have in the morning! Of course, to Fujisawa's delight!

Landion.jpg

The Empress was fine however, save for all the scarring on her body that -again- would probably make the doctor swear. But he'd know right away these scars were acquired on Earth, not here on her own planet. She was just fine otherwise, her memory was good, her head wasn't banged up or even bruised. So all the doctor would have to do was sew up her injured arm -properly- and let her sleep off the unconsciousness. Naturally, she didn't take long in waking up, she wasn't much of a sleeper by nature. She opened her eyes to find herself right back in the med clinic! "Hello, Dr. Fujisawa..... are all my tests looking alright?" She asked him, curious herself to know if she was okay after that incident.

"Hello, Dr. Fujisawa..... are all my tests looking alright?" She asked him, curious herself to know if she was okay after that incident.

Dr. Fujisawa was hard at work looking at the large multiple computer screens, typing in data, and skimming through the test results coming out off the many machines Liana had been hooked up to. There were a few teenage vampires in the room, as well, helping him with his work. He then pulled off the mass of wires that had been attached her skin on her forehead, back, and in other places. Then, he went back to work looking at the computer and stroking his stubbly chin. After an hour had passed, he turned around smiling and exclaimed, "You better than ever! In fact, you better than better! You amazing! You should come see these results on computer! Look at these funny-looking blue and silver waves! These measure your power level to put plainly. Look at them! They have skyrocketed by 70%! I not know what happen yesterday, but whatever it was, has made you at least 5 times as powerful than you was at first!!!!!---And your memory? Just fine! Now, get dressed and let's go check on knuckleheads in hallway!"

Landion yawned comfortably, then he groaned as a shooting pain went up his back. "Awwwwwaggggh!!! Stupid damn floor! Hard as bricks! I really don't see how anyone can sleep on floors this uncomfortable! Especially myself!" he mumbled in his sleep. Rolling over a bit, he yawned again, and turned over to look at Braun. He was sleeping like a baby, but as soon as he woke up as well, he'd start feeling pain, too. Heaving himself forward, followed by more back pain, Landion got up from the floor and stretched his arms and back as far as he could. Landion squealed as his back cracked a few times, and then, all the pain was almost gone. He kicked Braun in the back, who immediately yelled out loud at the antagonizing pain. Moaning in misery, he got up as well rubbing his back too. Looking up, they could see Dr. Fujisawa finally coming out of the back with a big smile plastered over his face. Oh no. He isn't here to complain, again is he?

"Ahhhhhh! Good news, knuckleheads! Empress fine! Better than ever! And even more powerful!" he exclaimed. Looking at the two Vampires rubbing their backs in pain, the scientist's smile got even wider. "And I see you both had terrible sleep! That punishment for being careless! But I have heart, still! Here some pain relievers!" he laughed, handing over some white pills.

Grabbing the pills quickly, Landion and Braun swallowed them dry, hoping to get some relief in the next hour. The Guardian felt great now that he knew Liana was okay. The "even more powerful" part he wasn't really too interested in. All he wanted was to hear she was fine. "Something really wasn't right about yesterday! That Demon talked........and we all know Demons don't talk. And on top of that, they're getting stronger, Dr. Fujisawa! I think....we should go the Palace. There are a lot of things there that we have gotten from various places over time. Maybe there's something there that can help us?"

The scientist looked at Landion quizzically, "All of that, I already know---The Empress has habit of talking in her sleep! Especially when I heavily sedate her! Hahahahaha! But if it's the Palace you want to go to, I suggest you ask Empress, first. It is her Palace now after all. But.....she might not want to go, since so many things happened there.....So many memories and skeletons of the past....."

Landion.jpg

Well that was probably the best news she'd heard in a while... though she did wonder what happened to make her so incredibly powerful suddenly! But when she heard she was about to go back to the palace.... she had to sit down. Memories flashed through her mind, too many days of being alone in such huge glittering crystal rooms. The palace was truly a beautiful structure, glittering like rainbow gems, every room a different color. But though the palace had been beautiful and full of servants to keep it polished... the real feeling behind the palace was a coldness too austere for any child to grow up in. Landion had definitely done his part by making sure she stayed away from it, as much as possible! Especially after the king and queen abandoned her.

She had to think about -why- they'd left now. Where they scared of their own daughter? Had they somehow been secretly plotting all along to have a child, and then just leave? She didn't understand any of it, but she knew one thing: Going back to that palace -would- be painful. She sighed. There always seemed to be nothing but painful things she had to do. She'd planned on living away from the palace as long as possible, but she knew it wouldn't be agreed with by the vampires. They had a strict hierarchy and were loathe to change things...They all would agree she belonged in the palace. She however knew she couldn't be away from the palace longer than a few years at a time, considering it became so adjusted to her energy and life force, she'd felt sick while on Earth nearly all the time, just from not being near it! While going there would probably purify her, at the same time, she'd feel just as lost and alone there as she had growing up. She watched the test results on the doctor's computer, and was puzzled... Legend had it that The palace often lent the Empress strength when needed. Had this just been one of those times? She didn't know, but going back to the palace... "I'll go back if I have to.." She made a frown at all three of them about the whole subject!

"I'll go back if I have to.." She made a frown at all three of them about the whole subject!

Landion could see that she really wasn't too happy about having to go back. He didn't want her to go if she was going to be unhappy, but certain more important things had to be done, as well to get the Dark World back in order again. Braun, unfortunately, hadn't really noticed Liana's agitated expression, and responded to her words excitedly, "Ahh! This is great! The Empress and Landion are going to move back into the Palace! Just like the good 'ol days! I'll go alert the militia and the citizenry right away! When you get to the Palace, Empress, it's going to be just like it was when you were a child!" This sounded okay to Braun, but to Landion and Liana, it sounded terrible. If there's one thing Landion didn't want, it was for his Empress to feel the miserable sadness she had when she was a child long ago when they were living in the Palace. He remembered those days where should would come running to him crying, begging for him to take her away from the Palace as far as he could. How they would be running through the streets of Central City trying to escape the wandering eyes of the royal guard.........Yes, it was the last thing he ever wanted for her to go through. "BRAUN! You don't have to tell everyone!" he called out, but it was already to late. Braun was already out the door and in the streets. Landion sighed. In a couple of hours, the militia would have rounded up the Royal Guard again and the Palace gates would be surrounded by over 2 million Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies, and every Dark Creature in and around Central City. It was going to be a chaotic excitement for everyone else, but not for Landion and Liana. To them, it would be a living nightmare.

Landion felt guilty now for even mentioning the word "Palace", but he really didn't know what else could be done regarding the Demons. That last attack was almost more than Landion could handle alone, and, on top of that, the Empress had almost been kidnapped again. He hated to say it, but he was going to need extra help in protecting Liana. And staying in the Palace, alongside the Royal Guard was the only way to get it. He wanted to make sure that next time a big, fat, talking Demon came along, Liana wouldn't get snatched up so easily again. They all needed to start taking extra precautions. Looking back at Liana again, he walked up to her. Close to her, he looked down at her, apologetic, and said to her softly, "I'd hate to make you do something you don't want to...., but.....something has to be done. I can't have you getting kidnapped everytime I turn my back. I need help protecting you. And not only that, but your parents.......they might've left something there. Something we could use or some kind of clue to help us figure out why these Demons keep attacking and where they're coming from in the first place.........I'm sorry......But you want me to protect you, right? To never leave you again?........I promise, Liana, that if you ever feel like you want to get away, I'll take you away, just like when we were younger, remember?" He laughed a little, and then hugged the young woman lightly, "Don't worry. Everything will be okay."

Landion.jpg

The pain in Liana's heart reflected in her eyes, but she did try to shrug away her feelings...."I know you will Landion... and I'm still grateful I even had half as good of a childhood because of you." She said with a brave smile. "Besides... as Empress, I must live for my people, not myself. And aside from this, I've spent 20 years on Earth alone. Living at the palace again should be easier... I can handle it." She assured Landion, though her soul hurt. She felt five years old again, watching her parents pack up their suitcases and leaving forever, without so much as goodbye, good luck or 'we love you'. An orphaned empress hadn't known how to handle being so alone all the time. Now she was practically an expert. He was also right, there might be explanations for her back at the palace to help her figure out more than just demonology. She especially wanted clues to why she was so cruelly left behind, and why things turned out the way they did. "Dr. Fujisawa... are you going to the palace as well? It might be a very good idea to have a full time doctor with your skill around, you know." Lania said, returning to her old self.~

She would be fine..~ Though her heart said otherwise. But like she'd mentioned before, and had begun to brainwash herself to believing: She lived for her people now, not herself. It would help take her mind off her problems by worrying about everything else.

He tried as best he could to cheer Liana up. She deserved it after all, for being so selfless and putting her whole heart to the cause, even sacrificing her own happiness. Landion would try as hard as he could to keep his promise. He owed her at least that. Walking outside to see if the Royal Guard had arrived yet, he looked up at the two full moons in the sky. It was morning, but this night was the Dark World's version of morning since they had no sun. Basking in the moonlight, he patiently waited for the amass of Royal Shuttle Cars to come. Why rush something you aren't too enthusiastic about anyway?

Dr. Fujisawa shouted a few orders to the young Vampire boys before answering Liana's question, "Oh yes! Yes! I get boys to help move stuff out lab and into Palace somehow! It may take few days, but hopefully nothing will happen before then!" patting Liana on the shoulder, he continued, "So, don't worry! Fujisawa will be around Empress for as long as he live!" He then walked off to the back to start packing things up for the move.

Landion.jpg

Surrounded by the world's most elite troops of werewolves and vampires, the Empress was given a grand carriage ride through DarkWorld's many paths, until they arrived at the Palace. Landion was in the carriage with her, while Braun was elected to drive the horses. She hadn't seen the palace in so long it stunned her a bit at first with its mammoth size, its many miles of lonely structured crystals, the towers almost reaching up towards the clouds! It was a good thing only Landion could see her distress inside the carriage, she wasn't thrilled about being back her....almost as if dreading the magnetic force that wanted to claim her inside the palace forever. She already felt her magic increasing, as well as the barriers around the planet. But aside from this, she felt heart-sore, and knew she was about to give up her freedom-- perhaps permanently this time, for her people's. Had she ever had true freedom though, she wondered? Sure as a kid she was able to sneak out and have fun with her guardian.... but would that even be allowed now that she was an adult? She'd have to relearn a few things, customs, holidays, etc. Then there was the fact she was already worried about a million things at once. No one problem slowing down enough for her to sort it out before another rushed through her mind. Hopefully, she'd be able to stay busier now, since she really hated the thought of having too much time to think by herself. She did that enough on Earth. Now everything was different, and she wasn't sure she'd be able to control her emotions well if she went back to being the Isolated Empress again....... oh well... that was her fate. She had to accept it and deal, just as though nothing were wrong. So she did her best.

Once at the palace, she was escorted through the gates. It amazed her to see how glittering and -clean- everything was even years of being absent. Did the thing clean itself?? It seemed that way, but she figured there were probably vampire servants who pitched in now and then to help. The garden was as colorful as ever, with the two moons illuminating hundreds of white roses, lilies, pink and red roses, many of the natural rose abundance that grew on Earth thrived here. There were even morning glories, though these were more purple than blue, threading along the castle gates. Inside the palace, she was shown directly to her throne room, and after exchanging pleasantries and thank you's to everyone's help, she was left, with Landion, Braun and Dr. Fujisawa. Well if they were still here-- this wouldn't be as bad as last time! "So... what's first?" She asked quietly to Landion.

Riding in the carraige amidst tens of thousands of cheering Dark Creatures wasn't really Landion's forte, but since he was Liana's Guardian, he had no other choice. Through all the cheering, saluting, waving, and pushing the crowds back, Landion felt mentally exhausted just like it was years ago. He was glad when then gate doors were finally shut close and they all entered the Palace. Just him, Liana, Braun, and Dr. Fujisawa along with a few other soldiers remained in Liana's throne room. Ready to get it all over with, he waited for Liana's command.

"So... what's first?" She asked quietly

Sighing, Landion proceeded to list everything that needed to be done, "Well, there are about 200 maids, butlers and chefs waiting in the Servants' Corridor to be given orders as well as 500 knights of the Royal Guard all lining up in the Courtyard. I'll handle all of that. The entire castle needs to be fully scaled and searched for any intruders before we settle in. Braun and his troop of men should do well in handling that. And Dr. Fujisawa already has his hands tied with his Interns packing and unloading all his things, so thats pretty much all we need to focus on for today. As for you, Empress, all you need to do is power up the Palace in the basement. You remember, right? The Zialon Crystal that Fujisawa invented? After that, you can just go on up to your room and relax while the rest of us get things done. Oh and you could also be writing up your speech for your Inauguration in 2 days. Don't worry about making it too flashy. The Vampire citizenry don't expect too much anyway. They'll just be worked up for the Empress Festival afterwards. And, well, that should be it." He nodded towards Braun and Dr. Fujisawa as they both left to get started on their tasks. Before Landion left, he said, "If you need me Liana, just yell into your bracelet, okay? I'll either be in the Servant's Corridor or the Courtyard."

Landion.jpg