To Unite With the Dark.

Liana stared at this horrible person who'd somehow ended up as Earth's Secretary General. She could barely focus to stay conscious, but she made herself focus on his words. "Like my parents...? What's that supposed to mean? And how am -I- supposed to cooperate?" She asked, clenching her fists against her knees. She had a terrible feeling something awful was happening to Dr. Fujisawa and Landion right at that moment! She wanted to run and save them! She hoped Braun was alright as well,... but the sinking feeling in her heart got worse and she just didn't know. She was literally on her own and trapped by the possibly second worst man alive after Axel!

Everest chuckled deviously at Liana's cluelessness. "Oh....those filthy Vampires didn't tell you the truth? The truth about what happened to your parents?.....Oh. Well that's sad. I guess I'll have to be the one to tell you.....I killed them." The evil man in power let Liana hang on those three words in hopes to break her. "Yes. They had to die. They wouldn't abide by my rules and give me what I wanted so I killed them. And with my hands, too. They begged for their lives and asked me to spare yours, but....they failed to understand that the game doesn't work that way. And you will have to understand this, too if you ever want to see your precious Landion ever alive again....My scientists are doing what they can to drain his every power. A power he doesn't even know he has himself. They will harvest this power within his DNA, and I will use it later for my own purposes. All I ask, Empress, is that you give me all your power, as well, including the throne to the Dark World and I will let you and your little friends live." He bent over and put his face close to Liana's. "Oh my, you look very weak, Empress. Let me get you some water," he said half-heartedly and walked slowly over to the glass pitcher on his desk. It didn't shock him at all when Braun burst in holding him at gun point with the machine gun. In fact, he was very calm.

Landion could feel himself getting weaker as the seizure passed. It was as if he was being drained of something. He could hear the men now talking very excitedly with each other. Whatever they were doing to him was working and there was ultimately nothing he could do about it. He was going to die without even getting the chance to apologize to Liana and tell her goodbye. Maybe this fate was what he deserved. Suddenly, the Vampire's body began to shift in a way he had never experience before, and he began to feel.....stronger! This, of course, came to the scientists' attention immediately and they tried to tranquilize him, but his body was rejecting it! All Landion could remember was feeling a lot different than usual, and when he sat up, and took off his mask, Gazdreveg, Dr. Fujisawa, and the Werewolves were sitting there in front of him and all the scientists in the room were dead! One thing Landion first realized was......he could walk around in the light!

Landion.jpg

Liana was horrified. This man was insane! But just as she was about to really get angry, Braun stormed in! "Braun! Be careful, this man's a murderer!" She yelled in warning, before launching two flaming spheres of white fire straight at Everest! she'd kill her family's murderer yet! But... something seemed off. Why was he just standing there oh-so-casually... like he didn't give a damn what happened? She had no idea that others were on their way either, but she was very very nervous now. Something -extremely- ugly was going to take place within the next moment. She really didn't want to witness it!

"Oh, Liana. So brave, but, yet, not so smart," the man said calmly dodging the fire as if it was nothing, "I and my friend, Axel, we saved your life! We are your....heroes! More so than that Landion boy.....Don't you think you should at least treat your heroes better than that?"

"SHUT UP, EVEREST!!! AND BACK AWAY FROM THE EMPRESS OR I'LL PULL THIS TRIGGER BEFORE YOU CAN EVEN BLINK!!!!," Braun yelled.

Everest turned around slowly to face Braun. He cocked his head to the side as if amused then approached him calmly. "Ahh. Braun Seres. Axel told me how Liana practically tossed his title in the military over to you. Congratulations. You can keep it if you like, since Axel will be taking over the throne to the Dark World. Isn't that right, Liana?" he said smiling and turning back towards the Empress. "Oh! I almost forgot, since Braun burst in. Here's your water. Do drink it, you'll feel much better," he continued handing the glass over to her.

"DON'T DRINK IT, EMPRESS! He's not to be trusted!" Braun caught himself yelling once again. He knew Everest. He had dealt with him before alongside Landion. He was definitely not a force to be reckoned with. The General tried to run over to her, but it was as if his feet was glued to the floor! This bastard had gotten a lot stronger since their last tangle! He could only hope that Landion was on his way. He definitely would not be able to stop this man on his own!

"Gazdreveg did not kill them! You did! Big ball of light energy came out of you! Killed them all! Their own fault for tampering with other peoples' bodies!" Dr. Fujisawa said, examining the broken needles on the floor.

He watched Landion as walked around the room feeling lighter and stronger! He was still a Vampire, but he could survive in the sunlight now! He could feel a power surging in his chest! Whatever mistake they had made, sure did turn out wonderful for him! But how long would this feeling last? He wondered if this was how Liana felt sometimes. Liana......LIANA!!!! Landion jumped up quickly and began shouting, "WHERE IS SHE?! WHERE'S LIANA?!" He could feel the power surging through him as his feet slammed against the pavement towards the U.N. Headquarters, and when he and the Werewolves burst into Everest's office, it seemed like a lot was already going on. Running over to Liana, he held her tightly, "Are you alright?! You look pale!"

Everest chuckled at the new guests, "Now, now, isn't it impolite to just burst in in the middle of a meeting? You really could have knocked first....."

Landion.jpg

Liana was so relieved to see Landion and Dr. Fujisawa alive. "This creeper was trying to poison me, and he murdered my parents! He wants to use my powers, Landion we have to kill him. He's too horrible of a person to ever allow to live." She stated, knowing she looked paler than normal,and worse, the back of her head was matted with blood from the concussion Axel had given her not that long ago. She was cold, tired beyond belief, and her vision kept blurring every few moments. "Landion...... step back please..." She said, closing her eyes for just a moment. She was concentrating. Instantly, a flare of bright, blinding light surrounded Everest's body, trapping him so he couldn't move an inch. Next her power seemed to wait for her next command, which inevitably was to tear this man apart from the inside out and leave no traces whatsoever. She would have her revenge and he'd be sorry he ever bothered her.~

Everest's face turned from a sarcastic smile into complete horror at the white light surrounding him. "YOU FOOLS!!!!" he yelled quickly calling for Axel through his earpiece as his power drained accordingly, but little did he know that Axel was a bit busy. Something was going horribly wrong outside in the streets. Everest screamed as his skin began to dissolve bit by bit, and he made the oncoming danger a shocking threat to the others in the room with him, "You....FOOLS!!!! You wanna know who called those Demons upon you?! I DID!!!! It was all of my doing!!!! But none of that matters, now, since you all are going to die with me!!!! Don't believe me?! Take a look outside!!!!"

Dr. Fujisawa looked outside as Everest had said and he saw exactly what he had meant, "EMPRESS!!!! STOP!!!! BY KILLING EVEREST, YOU ARE UNLEASHING THE DEMONS AMONGST ALL!!!! HUMANS AND DARK CREATURES ALIKE!!!!"

Braun ran out the door, his legs now free, to check on the soldiers. It was chaos! The Demons were coming out of a black hole in the sky by the thousands, killing anyone in their path, both Humans and Dark Creatures. Everest had had the power to both summon and control the Demons, and his death allowed the heartless beasts to destroy whatever they pleased. Something had to be done and quickly, or else everyone would die.

Axel had ran back into the Headquarters while Braun had come out. Running back into Everest's office he gasped at what was happening to his "friend". He tried to run over and help him, but the light around him was too strong, and pushed him back. Panicking, he summoned the Demon that had kidnapped Liana. "DELTHAR! ARISE!" he yelled.

The large Demon came to life in the middle of the room, and shrieked in agony at the state of its "Master". It made a dark barrier of its own around Axel and Everest's dying body, and vanished all together taking the two evil men with it.

Landion had payed no attention to the surrounding events only paying attention to Liana. He used his new powers to stop Liana's and heal her head. "Liana! Do you feel better? We have to do something! The Demons are taking over!!!!" he yelled to her. For that moment, it almost seemed as if it was the end of all life together. Everything was so out of control, and nothing was going to be strong enough to wipe all the Demons out as more and more came out of the hole in the sky every second by the thousands.

"To unite with the dark, is to unite with death, but how can dark exsist without light, and how can light exsist without dark? How can death exsist without life and how can life exsist without death? To unite with the dark, is to unite with what's inside all our hearts. That is the only answer." Landion recited in the Dark Language.

Dr. Fujisawa nodded to him. "Yes. The Prophecy. We must be able to join together with the Humans-'The light' in order to vanquish the Demons-'The true dark'. It was what was forseen thousands of years ago. And what was hidden in the Zialon Crystal all along. I just could not remember what it was since I am Human......I will go to Braun and he will get them to fight together."

Landion walked over to Dr. Fujisawa and looked out the window beside him. "It must be done. Liana, you have to call forth the Zialon Crystal."

Landion.jpg

Liana instantly stopped her powers! "Then we'll have to kill him somehow- we can't possibly let him live!" She cried, her head feeling tons better thanks to Landion's new powers! She was awed by them, but she didn't have time to dwell on things. "I'll call the crystal... hopefully it will respond even if I'm here on Earth." She agreed, taking Landion's hand and having him sit beside her, while she focused intently on the Zialon crystal, not at all sure this would work! But she focused every bit of her power and energy into the crystal, praying constantly for its aide in defeating the demons, as well as restoring to life, any Dark World Creatures who were lost in this needless, senseless war. She wanted to live up to her title as Empress, . .. even if the amount of energy she was using could kill her. She no longer cared about her own safety, just her people's!

Besides, what kind of Empress would live with herself if she didn't put her world before herself?? Just as the energy from the crystal began working overtime, she felt dizzy, and the room started to tilt!

With Dr. Fujisawa's help, Braun stood atop one of the masive tanks in the street, and got the Humans and the Dark Creatures' attention, asking for them all to work together, "NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO BE FIGHTING EACH OTHER, BUT TO BE FIGHTING ASIDE ONE ANOTHER!!!!! WE MUST PUT ASIDE OUR DIFFERENCES AND BAND TOGETHER IF WE WANT TO LIVE!!!!! WHAT OUR ANCESTORS PUT IN OUR HEADS IS WRONG!!!!! HUMANS AND DARK CREATURES CAN LIVE AND WORK TOGETHER IF WE ALL JUST TRY!!!!!" Braun did the best he could in bringing everyone together, and shockingly, it worked! The Human soldiers and civilians began trading weapons with the Dark soldiers and started to fight off the Demons as best they could! But they still needed help in closing off the hole so more Demons would stop coming in. The General could only hope that Landion and Liana could figure out a way to help.

Landion held Liana up and held her hands tightly passing some of his energy to her so she could finish calling the Crystal forth. It wasn't long before a bright light shone through the ceiling, and the Zialon Crystal came down slowly between Liana and Landion, its massive size almost taking up half of the room! "Okay, Liana! Now, put your hands on the Zialon Crystal and I'll put my hands on it, as well. I'll say the Forbidden Spell, so you focus on bringing out its power!" the young Vampire said, now concentrating on the words spiraling in his head. He took a deep breath and chanted in the Dark Language as best he could:

"Onta veca makt va' der! Sebris der Tir'i altra vendu! MOLTOVIS TIR'I DER ASER 'EN DERAVOR!!!!!"

Lania was glad for Landion's strength, and for everyone's help! She managed to stay conscious long enough to keep bringing out the crystal's power, illuminating all of Earth with its brilliant glow. She herself was glowing, as was Landion, in tune with the crystal's light. Her hands on the crystal made the reaction that much more impressive, if not dangerous for her, no matter how helpful Landion's energy was. She just felt so tired, and it had been a long horrible day. She wanted all of the hating and fighting to end so much, she felt it within reach. She used more power than was called for just then, making the crystal hum and glow even brighter. She felt her own body tingling as she added her own spell to Landion's: "Nier Essil Vehn Ghal Rein!" And a huge flash of rainbow colored light flashed from herself, growing until the entire planet was covered in it, illuminated the world, even illuminated all of Dark World! It lingered for just an hour, before she passed out and couldn't be woken again for the day, barely breathing.~

Just as Liana had passed out, the hole had closed, and the soldiers finished killing off the rest of the Demons with each other's help. The effects were amazing, and the whole of Earth and the Dark World cheered in victory. Free from the hands of the Demons and Everest! The Zialon Crystal arose and flew across the Earth for all to see, and into space back to its home and the bottom of the Empress Palace. The Humans gazed at in awe as it disappeared into the sky. It was hard to say just exactly how the Humans felt after such a disaster that almost destroyed life itself. The few leaders still alive exchanged apologies with the Vampires asking Landion to tell Liana of their complete surrender and humiliation. Of course, Landion told them that may end up losing their jobs as leaders in order for a new peace-enforcing order to arise. They humbly agreed, as noone wanted anymore chaos like this to ever happen again. As Landion rode in the Courdes 415 home with Liana in his arms, he could still feel his powers there and even more enhanced thanks to the Zialon Crystal. He had a feeling Liana's powers would be to as soon as she would wake up. Dr. Fujisawa had run a couple tests on her, but couldn't find anything wrong. Braun, of course, was praised by all for his quick action in ensueing chaos, and everyone agreed that the Human and Dark army should combine into a Universal military and that Braun should be General over it all. Landion had so much to tell to her when she did wake up. In fact, he was quite worried that she was still unconscious, but part of him knew that she would wake up and everything would be alright.

Landion.jpg

Many hours later, Lania woke up, completely fine, and not even scratched, bruised, or the least bit tired as she sat up, relieved more than anything to find herself in her own bed again! She sighed, rubbing sleep from her eyes, and snuck away quickly to use her bathroom adjoining her room to shower and change into clean clothes, feeling like she'd been missing from civility and human cleanliness forever. It felt good to wear comfortable clothing too. She looked around her room still towel-drying her hair, and had to pause a moment, awed and shocked that in every available space there were boquettes of her favorite roses, flowers, and even gemstone roses! She had to look around at that moment, smiling at the incredible huge pile of thank you cards, and get well wishes from not just her people, but from people on Earth! It seemed a grand alliance had been formed, not only that a trusting friendship had been created out of the horrible chaos that had taken place. Suddenly, she wondered about Gazdreveg! Had his family been safe? was he still okay?? She didn't know, but she instantly began to look for Landion or Dr. Fujisawa or Braun to ask them a ton of questions. After all she'd been unconscious almost all day! She had to get caught up on the aftermath.~ Hopefully, it would be a happy ending.

Landion went upstairs to see if Liana was awoke, and saw her walking down the hallway! "Liana! You're awake!" he said happily, running up to her and embracing her, squeezing her tight, "I knew you'd be alright! I just knew you would!" Smiling, he quickly told her about the idea of a Universal military, the Humans' wanting to bring out a peace treaty for everyone to sign, and the rest of the Human leaders stepping down from their positions for Liana and the civilians to pick out new, and better ones. And to think all that had happened in only those few short hours! "Dr. Fujisawa said it's only the Prophecy, and the Ancients' protection. I don't know! He's probably right! He's also the only person brave enough to go downstairs to check on the Zialon Crystal! Everyone has been so scared its gonna blow them up inside out or something!" Landion said laughing. He kissed Liana on the cheek and continued, "I really am glad that you're okay! You are alright, right?"

Landion.jpg

Liana grinned at Landion's catchy enthusiasm! "Yes, yes I'm fine. Not even a scratch." She told him, hugging him close. "We'd better go down with Dr. Fujisawa to make sure every part of that crystal is alright... goodness knows how much energy it used!" She lead him down towards the basement, smiling and chatting with a few Dark World creatures along the way, thanking them for their help and concern! She would probably have to make another speech soon, but not for inauguration, for unifying two worlds! It almost made her forget her question. "Landion-- about Gazdreveg- is he and his family alright? I never got a chance to catch up to him or check on anything after... after things settled down." She explained, holding his hand in hers as they descended the numerous stairs to the basement.

"Are you kidding me? Of course, he's alright! If there's one thing Gazdreveg can do, its lead and protect his people and fight! His family is alright, too! He told me to tell you, that you have his sworn fealty! He's now a symbol of strength for the Werewolves here in the Dark World! And for everyone else, too! I'm telling you, there's so much to be done, now that Earth and the Dark World are at peace. This is the only time I've had to myself today! So many people keep coming to me to tell you something! In the end, I had them all write down whatever they had to say. You've got 5 large bags downstairs in the throne room filled with all kinds of letters now!"

As they made it downstairs, Dr. Fujisawa was gazing at the Crystal, deep in thought, of course, wearing special glasses to protect his eyes from the bright light. He didn't even look back to see who had come in, but still knew who it was! "I suggest you both put on glasses over there. The light is very blinding." he said, his mind elsewhere.

The light was pretty blinding, and Landion quickly ran over to the table to put on the glasses and handed Liana a pair. He walked over to Dr. Fujisawa, but he didn't say anything. The elderly scientist seemed very deep in thought about something, and he didn't want to break his concentration. So, he waited patiently. Eventually, Dr. Fujisawa sighed and smiled towards Liana. Whatever he knew, it must've been something good.

Landion.jpg

"Oh good, I'm glad things turned out mostly all right." She said, giving Landion a brief kiss on the cheek as they put on the protective glasses. She walked over to Dr. Fujisawa, smiling back at him. The letters would all have to wait a moment. She knew the doctor had something very important to tell her! "Alright Dr. Fujisawa... what's got you so smiley? Everything alright with the Zialon Crystal?" She asked. A million things were on her mind, and she was wondering how in the world she was going to be able to get half of anything done!

"Yes! Better than okay! But, we should keep eye on it everyday! It's power did not drain, yesterday---It increased! I don't want Crystal to overflow or malfunction, even though I doubt that will happen!" he said cheerfully. The scientist smiled and looked at the Crystal once more, "It has so much power, to say I built it. So much knowledge it holds! It holds all secrets of this universe. This life. It is almost living, one can say! It can see us, and hear us, and understand our every thought and what's inside our hearts. It's like it took on a life of its own, ever since I built it. It has evolved! And to think I only made it as an energy source for the Palace in the beginning! Yes.....we should keep good eye on it. I be devastated if something happen to it. There's nothing in universe like it!"

Landion could see how attached Dr. Fujisawa had grown to his greatest creation. He just hoped he wouldn't get too attached. "Don't worry, Doctor! I and everyone else in the Palace will pitch in and help keep it safe! Even though they are pretty afraid of it!" the Vampire laughed.

Landion.jpg

Liana was very happy. "Of course Dr. Fujisawa I will do everything I can to make sure nothing happens to that crystal." She said reassuringly, knowing how well the crystal was in tuned with her energy by now. She had to agree this crystal was incredibly unique, she certainly didn't want anything to happen to it either. So far though, things kept being peaceful, and she doubted there would be too much to worry about, aside from dealing with the usual chaos of being an Empress. But having Landion and the doctor -plus Braun, well, she knew things would work out just fine. She squeezed Landion's hand again, letting him know silently she'd never leave his side for anything.~

Landion squeezed Liana's hand back as the two moons of the Dark World hovered over the lands covering it in a small light. The sun of the Earth shined brightly among its inhabiters and for the first time in a long time the universe was at peace. Yes, there were few who found the new order to be unappealing and disgusting, but who dared start a civil war with the Dark Creatures, who had proven themselves to be not so Dark, after all? Yes, this was the start of a new order. And the Humans accepted their fellow beings since they were a mistake they created long ago. They respected Dr. Fujisawa and Liana and saw them as visionaries and a beacon of hope proving that we can all live in this universe together, no matter who we are or where we come from. It would be centuries before the universe would ever have to face any mass chaos ever again, and Dr. Fujisawa knew this, but he didn't say anything. Why should he kill anyone's hope for universal peace? The whole world looked to the sky in hopes of finding something new. They had united with the dark.......and found light.

The End.

A man walked into what used to be the Human's military lab. Nobody could see him. Nobody could hear him. He wore a black hood over his head so you couldn't see his face. He walked up to a mysterious door in the lowest level, and punched the numbers into the keypad. He opened the door and smiled deviously. Hundreds of shelves stacked with thousands of special metal cases filled with full and marked test tubes lined the walls and floor around him. He opened his left hand, and with a flash of light, all the cases were gone.......and so was he.........