To Take Back What Was Ours... (With Sen)

• Thread starter Eletroman's Cheese
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earth smiled. "Well, we gotta go fast."

They met up in a room, which had nothing inside, much to the surprise of the three.

Saturn and Uranus walked slowly and remained alert in case of an ambush. Earth, on the other hand, stopped walking, and told everyone to not continue any further

"Guys wait..." Earth said. "Something's not right."

Suddenly, an alarm went off and Morphas appeared out of the ceiling. One tried to grab Uranus, but the latter dodged unscathed.

"I knew something was wrong here!" Earth yelled, charging her beam. "It is an ambush! They know we've infiltrated the ship! We need to fight!"

Saturn summoned his scythe and swung it around to kill off multiple Morphas, but each time, they somehow grew back.

"Wait what?" Saturn yelled. "I'm aiming for their spinal cord area but they're not dying! What is this?"

"They must have found out that we know where their weakness is. It's probably somewhere else now," Dragon snarled. She slammed the sharp end of the staff into the alien's stomach, impaling him. She pulled out, expecting it to shrivel up and die. But the wound simply closed over. "Well, it's not in their stomach." She raised her hand and a shadowed serpent materialised from the ship's floor and knocked up the aliens behind her.

"Oh great!" Saturn yelled. "It's gonna take us a million years to find their weakness!"

Saturn landed a slash onto some of the Morphas' head area, but they all closed up their wounds. Uranus dashed here and there to dodge all the grabs that came at him, and retaliated with a sword swing. Uranus was very well-known for his mastery of the sword and took pride in his skills.

"Hey Earth!" Uranus yelled, as he was fighting off ten Morphas at once. "Can you try and fire a laser at the Morphas?"
"And how will that work?" Earth replied.
"You evaporated the Morphas before with the laser, why don't you try it again?" Uranus said.

"Okay, everyone stand back!" Earth yelled. Charging her laser, she tried to aim the the right angle so that it would kill every Morpha in the room in one go. "Zero...LASER!"

The laser fired and every Morpha in the room was either covering their eyes to shield themselves from the bright light emitted from the beam or screaming in agony because of the heat blasted into the room.

After a few minutes the after effects of the laser wore off, no remains of any Morphas were anywhere to be seen.

"Is everyone okay?" Earth shouted.
"Yeah," Uranus reported back. Since the laser could also hit allies by accident, Uranus has also conjured an air shield to protect Saturn, Dragon and himself from getting hit. (Yes, Uranus is an airbender)

"Okay now that's outta the way," Saturn said, "we should get on our merry way to the cockpit."

As Earth fired her laser, Dragon shielded her eyes from the intensity of the light emitted from the beam. She was extremely grateful for the shield made of air. "Interesting," she muttered as she reached out to touch the wall of air before it disappeared under her fingers. "Where did you learn how to do that?" she asked. Looking back at where the aliens were standing a mere ten seconds ago, her eyes widened at the emptiness of the hallway. All gone? She's good. She stared at Earth and smiled, "My, my. Earth, we should have a friendly fight one day."

"Yeah...no." Earth declined Dragon's offer for friendly duel. She didn't want to randomly fight people for the fun of it, as she simply wasn't bothered.

Earth had the power because of her trusty gauntlet and glove, but never had the energy recovery. Firing two lasers in the time-span of three hours really took a toll on her energy levels.

"Guys," Earth panted. "You peeps really need to find these 'new and improved' goos' weakness. I can't fire such lasers every ten seconds."

"How will we that's the question." Saturn replied. "And by the way, these goos are called Morphas."

"It seems these 'Morphas' are cybernetically-enhanced." Uranus stroked his chin, trying to come up with a logical explanation. "I bet they are working on creating more of these, so they can easily take Mistoreria or even other cities by force."

"Well," Earth opened up the holographic map to study it again. "Guess we have to make a pitstop to their laboratory in their Mothership."

(Soz for late reply, I was out and had no data or wi-fi ;-;)

Dragon raised her hand timidly. "I can...sort of, uhm, replace Earth for a while." She cleared her throat, "My lasers aren't as bright or powerful but they're powerful enough to deter a whole wave," she whispered. She had no idea if they could hear her.

She watched as the three of them looked at the map, deciding to stop at the laboratory to see if more of these Morphas were created or enhanced. Her feelings of loneliness increased as she watched them. She summoned a small bell dragon. A tiny golden yellow Chinese dragon that chimed beautifully, like a bell, whenever it flew around. It wrapped it's slender body around her neck and snuggled into her shoulder, eyeing the three curiously.

"As long as your laser emit enough heat and light," Earth said to Dragon, and patted her shoulder "I think it'll do. And cute dragon you have by the way."

Earth signalled everyone to follow her to the ship's science laboratory, which was not far from where they were now. After a couple of minutes of sneakily passing through their guards, who were starting to become more alert, they finally arrived at the lab.

"I got this," Saturn said and pulled the same trick as before to bypass the hand scanner. When the door opened, Uranus entered immediately and told everyone else to stay at the door.

"And why is that?" Earth placed her hands on her hips, giving him the look of disapproval.
"I'll quickly scan the room." Uranus said, "We can't have too many people inside to investigate such a restricted area at once. I'll give you an all-clear signal if there's no threat."

Earth thought carefully, before coming down to a conclusion, "Fine, but let Dragon come with you to back you up in case any issues do occur. Saturn and I will look out for any external threats."

The bell dragon made a squeak noise at the girl's compliment, it's face turning into a shade of pink. Dragon nodded. She'll have to rely on her contract demon to fire a laser. Following the crew she snuck past guards and made their way to the laboratory without picking any fights. They bypassed another laser thanks to Saturn's abilities that still baffled her and her understanding of Magic itself. After this was over, maybe she could summon up the courage to ask how it worked. When the door slid open, Uranus stepped inside first. Dragon was prepared to follow but stopped at his command, looking at his worriedly. With Earth's permission she stepped inside with the tech expert, muttering a prayer for protection and safety as she followed him.

The laboratory was filled with vats of unconscious Morphas. Red liquid inside the vats oozed into its body, and each dose forced the Morphas to twitch as a reaction.

"Eww, " Uranus whispered as he saw the Morphas, "I bet these are the ones receiving enhanced abilities. Let's move it."

Since it was a heavily restricted sector, it was quite dark and there were security lights beaming through every path. There were even more Morphas guards inside the room, which Uranus easily weaved through, away from their line of sight. He leaned onto a wall, giving him a little bit of comfort that no one would be able to sneak behind him.

"We need to take their research holographic-book or something like that," Uranus muttered to Dragon, "so then we can find out more about these improved species."

(Ermahgad couldn't reply at Chinese school I legit ran out of data)

Dragon's stomach heaved at the sight of the alien bodies, she covered her mouth and looked down. If she vomited right here and now, she'd attract attention. The room was dark but her eyes allowed her the see easily, she could see the guards patrolling the area. Silently she padded after Uranus, looking behind them once in a while to prevent a sneak attack. She blinked at his sentence and whispered back, "I'm sorry. My knowledge of these futuristic things is not very good. Could you explain more simply?"

Uranus sighed, "Basically look for something like a white rectangle with rounded corners with a glowing circle in the middle of it. Usually that's what a holographic-book looks like."

Does she living under a rock or something, Uranus thought to himself. As they approached further, they found a desk, which strangely had no one occupying the area. He was baffled, as he thought if they had made a huge discovery they would be working on the around the clock. Uranus tumbled to the desk and look down at the files stored under the desk.

"Since it seems you don't know anything about technology, " Uranus whispered to Dragon, and started to pull each book out from the table, "be on the lookout if any Morphas are coming, I'll try and find the right book."

Dragon nodded and turned her back to him, looking around for Morphas. For some reason none of them were hanging around the desk, which was suspicious. She kept her eyes and ears alert, her elf-like ears twitched every second as she strained her senses. There was no sound of life all around them, was there going to be an ambush? All the could hear were the bubbles from the liquid the aliens were submerged in and the constant beeping from the machines.

"Not this one..." Uranus mumbled to himself as he tried to find the right book.

It wasn't easy, as the Morphas didn't even categorise their books in order, making it a pain for him to try and find. At last, he finally found the right book.

"Okay," Uranus said to Dragon, "I've got the book, let's get out of here quickly."

Suddenly, another alarm went off, which didn't surprise Uranus at all. He predicted it would be their plan all along, but he had to take the chance or else they would get nowhere. He saw the door slowly closing itself shut.

"Run!" Uranus yelled, and blasted himself with air forward to quickly reached the door.

A horde of Morphas emerged from nowhere and leapt towards the duo, the entrance was closing. She ran after Uranus, but the Morphas right behind her were getting closer and closer by the second. She flicked her wrist at the aliens and the bell dragon around her neck flew towards them, transforming into a large bell before impact and effectively trapped most of the Morphas on her tail. She opened her wings and took flight, speeding towards the door before it trapped her inside.

"Oh you are not closing on me!" Uranus yelled as he leaped to the almost closed door. He summoned a sword and placed it between the wall and the door, so it wouldn't slam shut. He managed to jam his sword in time before the gap became too small for them to slip through.

"Jesus that was close." Uranus patted his clothes as he slid out, and saw Saturn and Earth running away from the door. "Hey, wait up!"
"Bro," Earth said, as she was running, "That was far too close, be faster next time."
"I don't think being faster would work." Saturn replied back to Earth, "It seemed that the alarm went off at a certain action performed by Uranus and Dragon. By the way did you get the book?"
"Of course," Uranus fumbled with his pocket, and took out the thin holographic-book. "Let's see what their weakness is.

In the meantime, they were going to their next checkpoint-the ship's bioweapon centre.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dragon shot out of the door that was held apart thanks to Uranus' summoned sword, almost slamming into a wall thanks to the speed she was going. She patted her chest, which was tight and painful. "Never," she panted. "Doing. That. Again," she choked out, coughing. "That thing," she pointed at the holographic book they just retrieved, "better be worth it."

Uranus pressed the circle to see its entries. The book opened into a number of pages, right in front of him. Altough it had diagrams, the whole book was all written in a language that he could barely read, and looked like a squiggly mess across the holograph.

"Damn it," Uranus grunted in frustration. "I can't read this shit! I can't go back and find an English copy!"
"Hold on lemme contact Mercury to see if he can decipher it!" Earth tapped onto her gauntlet and tried to get a connection with Mercury.
"Your gauntlet's reception is too weak!" Saturn panted, "You're literally in a different planet. How will you contact him when your gauntlet's signal barely reaches someone a kilometre away?"

Saturn turned to Dragon. "You know anyone who can translate different languages?"

Dragon blinked, "O-oh. Uhm, Horse has a translator but I don't think it supports alien languages since we don't deal with them. And he's playing games," she muttered. "Only our deities know all the languages in existence, but I cannot summon them." She bowed to the group apologetically, "I'm sorry. Where I come from we only know the languages of demons, not aliens. I ask for your forgiveness."

"Well we are screwed." Saturn said, and lowered his head in sadness comically.
"We could always at least try and figure out what the diagrams are trying to say?" Earth suggested. "It works most of the time."
"But we don't have the time." Uranus replied, "Maybe we should contact Mercury, he's our only hope in this."

Earth sighed as she was doing something that she could've done earlier. She opened up her communication pad on her gauntlet and tried to contact Mercury.
"It's gonna take a while for me to get a signal from Mercury though." Earth replied as her gauntlet quietly beeped. "Pass me the Holographic-book."

As soon as Uranus passed the book, Morphas came from both ends were charging to where they were at. Saturn and Uranus quickly armed themselves with their weapons.

"You keep trying to connect with Mercury," Uranus shouted, "We'll try and hold them back."

Dragon swung her staff, summoning a few bell dragons that charged towards the Morphas on their left. All of them turned into bells and trapped the front lines of the alien group. As the came forward Dragon created a whip made of water and began swinging at the aliens, keeping them back. Every time the water whip went through the aliens, their wounds would recover instantly. Their weak spot was not in their chest area.

Status
Not open for further replies.