To Take Back What Was Ours... (With Sen)

• Thread starter Eletroman's Cheese
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
"You know, in the 'hostile' section of the 'extraterrestrial' aisle." Saturn said in a matter-of-factly tone as he scanned each book.

It wasn't easy, since there was a large number of hostile extraterrestrial species books in the library. He tried to concentrate as hard as he could, but he felt like his brain was going to turn into cooked mashed potatoes.

"Why are there so many books in this part of the library?" He finally snapped. "Out of all things destroyed in this building, why are the computers smashed in pieces?!"

Dragon moved to the area he told her about and scanned for the right book. She grabbed an old looking leather brown book that caught her attention and opened it, but the book only contained drawings of an alien i section race - not what she was looking for. As she moved to put the book back, she noticed a small black book tucked at the back of the shelf. She pulled it out, knocking two books out in the process. Opening it to a random page, it showed a diagram of the aliens that invaded the city, with its anatomy labeled with detail. "I-I think I found it!" she yelled, looking for Saturn.

Saturn heard her voice and instantly ran to where Dragon was. "Let me have a look." He replied, while pushing her away and grabbed the book.

Thanks to the book, they finally knew what they were dealing with...

Morphas. An alien race about two or three light years away with somewhat superior strength and flexibility. That explained why they could wipe out ten buildings and squish a hundred humans with only one mighty swing and stomp. However, it also has a crippling weakness near it's head. It was the equivalent to a human's spinal cord, and if damaged, would bring an end to a Morphas' life.

"Wait, why is this book caked in dust? Where did you find it?" Saturn realised something was off. Why did this book seemed to have been stashed away? Morphas wouldn't be that strong if humanity knew their weakness. Unlike other invasions happened to this planet, why couldn't they fight back this one? Humanity has had a lot of unexpected invasions from aliens throughout history and held them back very well. These species seemed to be a lot weaker than to some of the other creatures that invaded before, so this should've been a piece of cake to stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dragon looked over his shoulder and read about the Morphas with glee. Finally! She understood their weakness now, a straight impact to their head should kill them. Perhaps Orochi could make a snack out of them.

"I don't know but," she grabbed the book and flipped through the contents, "This book has nothing on the Mothership. It has something big on it, I just know." She shook her head, "Found it at the back of this," she showed him the book about the insectoid race.

Saturn still wondered why Humanity was so scared of the Morphas. He peered through the place where it was supposedly hidden.

"Judging by where it was placed, only a handful knew the existence of these creatures." Saturn stroked his chin. "Why they would cover-up such a 'threatening' specie, I have zero clue."

At that second, an arm reached the inside of the library, shocking Saturn to the point he had purposely threw himself to a wall to dodge its grab. The Morphas found them and were obviously trying to kill them. With the brand new knowledge about them, he grabbed the book and flew out towards the bump on the back of its neck.

Summoning his scythe once again, he charged his weapon and slashed his bump. The beast shrieked in pain as it was dying from its fatal wound. This time, the Morpha actually evaporated into the air, with no visible residue of the monster on the ground.

Dragon raised an eyebrow. Did he just throw himself at the bookshelf? Extreme. She watched as he attacked and finally kill off one of the many Morphas in the city. She clapped her hands, "Beautiful scythework," she complimented. She thought about how she could kill these aliens. "Since there are so many, I think I'll get my familiar to have a feast for the next week or so," she giggled.

"Who's that familiar of yours?" Saturn raised one of his eyebrows. Sounded like a 'pet' to me, he thought.

"Before we get too carried away," Saturn shouted, while slaying Morphas left and right, "We need to find a safe place to rest for the night, we have our limits."

After killing one more Morpha, he flew off to a southerly direction, hoping he would find a safe haven for the both of them.

"My familiar is my friend. This thing..." she said, she lifted her staff and uttered a few words under her breath. From a purple rune circle emerged a shadowy serpent head with glowing red eyes. But this one had a purple aura. With a roar a purple gas drifted out of his mouth and surrounded a group of Morphas, who collapsed as the gas was absorbed into their bodies. Without warning it lurched forward, snapping it's gigantic maw over the group of aliens. It chewed on the gummy-like aliens before swallowing. Surely their weak points would have been crushed under those sharp teeth.

She sighed, this guy was kind of demanding. But she didn't question him, flapping her wings and dismissing the serpent, she followed him.

"Wow" Saturn was awed by the serpent's power and Dragon's abilities, and it felt like he was watching a spectacular display of neon lights in the sky.

As they flew, Saturn found a cave, which was situated not far from ruined city.

"We could maybe set up here!" Saturn exclaimed and dove into the cave. By now his stomach was grumbling and for someone like him, it's not a good sign.

You see, when you have not only skipped lunch AND dinner as a Human-Avian to save the world,you can't function very well. An average Human-Avian can't simply skip a meal or two and work efficiently like a full human, because they consume their energy very quickly.

"I'm hungry," Saturn frowned, leaning on the walls of the cave. "Is there anything to munch on."

Dragon joined him in the cave, looking behind her to admire the city's now ruined beauty. Her eyes twitched as the sound of the boy's stomach echoed around the room. "I have two packed sandwiches, here, have one." From under her robes she pulled out one of those cheap supermarket prepackaged sandwiches. It wasn't exactly a high quality food, but it was better than nothing. She ripped oo pen the plastic of her sandwich and took a bites, Hers had beef slices and salad, but she didn't know what the boy had in his.

"Thank you" Saturn said and took Dragon's offer. He didn't really care what was in the sandwich, as long as it was edible, he would eat it.

As he chomped on his chicken sandwich, he watched as the city was still destroyed by the Morphas. Mistoreria was like his second home. He had always visited here for holidays ever since he was a toddler and when he still had a family. It was hard to swallow all the emotion he felt inside, but he had witnessed so many horrific events, he took this as it was another stupid nightmare.

"What a shame..." He muttered as he ate his last bite of his sandwich. "How are we going to rebuild this city to its prime after defeating the Morphas?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Dragon took another bite from her beef sandwich and chewed slowly, swallowing before speaking. "I cannot stay long in Mistoreria, I have to return home. But I promise to come back with some supplies for the people and help with construction." She sighed, "I am sure the people who live here can bring it back to what it was used to." She ate the last bite of her sandwich and licked off the crumbs off her finger, lying down and pressing her cheek to the rock floor.

While Dragon was asleep, Saturn decided to be on security watch, in case any Morphas pop out of no where and threaten their safety. To also make sure his scythe was still sharp and precise, he cleaned and polished it during the night.

As he polished his weapon, he wondered how his friends were doing. Saturn had only recently completed a gruelling mission with them about a fortnight ago. He came back here just for a holiday and some 'alone' time, like Dragon. It had been ages since he last had a holiday, since he was forced to do missions after missions, thanks to Earth, his girlfriend. I hope Earth and everyone else is doing okay, he thought.

Dragon woke up halfway through the night, yawning and rubbing her tired eyes. "I'll take the next watch, you get some sleep." Dragon sat up and stared at the moon, thinking about home. She got lonely after a while, and summoned one head of Orochi to talk to her, the shadowy figure emerged from the rune circle and glared at the boy behind him. Dragon laughed softly and patted the head of the serpent, "It's okay, he's a friend." The serpent relaxed, and placed it's head on her lap, talking to her telepathically. To Saturn, it must have been weird, a girl talking to herself.

Saturn yawned and closed his eyes. It had already been a rough day, and god knows what will happen tomorrow.

While in his sleep paralysis mode, he heard a voice. A voice that was all too familiar to him...

Earth.

"Hey! How's it going over at Mistoreria?" She asked happily. He guessed she already missed him even though it had only been two weeks.
"Other than risking my life to save the city from aliens, everything's great!" Saturn replied sarcastically.
"HUH?" Earth's voice rose in shock, "Umm, do you need help? I have time."
"Nah, it's okay," Saturn declined, "I can handle it along with my new buddy." In reality, he wanted more help, but he didn't want to risk Earth's life.
"Are you sure you don't need help? And who's that buddy of yours?" Although he can't see it, Saturn can feel Earth's brow rising in doubt.
"Don't worry, she's not a threat to our relationship," Saturn 'narrowed his eyes', "She already threw a bucket of hot water at me and slapped me for using illusion magic."
"HAHAHAHAHAH!" Earth hollered in laughter, "Well, catch ya soon, and hopefully with all your ligaments intact."

While Saturn was sleeping, she had summoned two more heads of Orochi. The elements of Terrae, Neeru and Fotia surrounded her, all mentally talking to her and gossiping about what was happening in the Youming. Youming was a thin layer of the Underworld, although some called it Hell. It was the land of strange creatures, demonic and non-demonic. Under Youming was the land of the Dead. Creatures that escaped Youming could be tamed and captured, and some were willing to sign a contract with people who were powerful enough to control them.

The heads of Orochi were suspicious of Saturn, and constantly made sure that Dragon trusted him. "Are you sure he is reliable and trustworthy?" asked the head covered in moss.

Dragon sighed, "For the last time. Yes!"

The head covered in tongues of fire growled softly, "I do not trust him. But as long as you do..."

The dawn shone right into the cave, with its light enough to wake Saturn up. He rubbed his eyes and stretched his arms. Now what? Saturn hadn't thought of a plan for today yet.

Morphas were still running rampant throughout the ruined Mistoreria. Judging by the noise, it seemed that their numbers have increased. He realised that in order to stop the Morphas, he needs to find the source of these aliens. But how can they destroy a planet so far away? So he went with option B, find the mothership, which hid away after their announcement.

"C'mon!" Saturn yelled to Dragon, "We have lots to do today!" and flew back to the city.

When Saturn awoke, she instantly dispelled the rune circles, watching him as he rubbed his eyes and stretched him arms. He seemed to be deep in thought.

"C'mon! We have lots to do today!"

She sighed, being ordered around again. But she didn't mind, it meant that someone else was making decisions for her. Opening her wings and stretching herself, she flew after him.

"GET SHANKED!" Saturn taunted the swarms of Morphas around him. Now that he can capitalise on their weaknesses, killing a Morpha had never been so easy.

However, he was still going nowhere. Every time he killed one, another egg spawned from the sky and dropped down to the ground. Even after finding their Achilles' heel, he still had an enormous amount of difficulty wiping them out. He needed to find the mothership. According to his logic, the ship must be above the clouds, which by the way, was still shrouded with red lightning bolts and darkness. To test if it was safe, he fired some darkness bullets to the clouds and see what happened.

Nothing happened. Assuming it was safe, he shot himself towards the sky, hoping to go through the clouds and search for their temporary base...Once he collided...

Saturn was shocked. Literally. He shrieked as he got electrocuted by the shield. Turns out, the gigantic shield only deflects beings. Such voltage going through his body meant he was paralysed and couldn't fly to recover. His sight went completely pitch black.

As the aliens surrounded them, she instantly summoned a head to act as her arm, commanding it to swing his head as if swinging back to punch someone, taking out wave after wave of aliens but not killing them. Another head emerged from a rune circle and began biting their heads off, chewing their elastic bodies and crushing their weak points. She watched as the male rushed into the barrier surrounding the Mothership. His body writhed as waves after wave of voltage coursed through his body.

His body fell towards earth, his wings were motionless and his eyes were closed. Dragon grunted as she summoned yet another head, which hovered underneath the boy and lifted him up to safety. She pulled her arms in, and the three rune circles surrounded her. She twirled her hand and began chanting, as if on command the serpents spun around and around, eventually becoming a black tornado. The force of impact was so strong the aliens that were swarmed around her were sent flying. Once in a while the serpents would grab one of the stray alien and chomp on them, continuing their spinning. After the current wave of aliens were either dead or knocked away, she closed the circles and flew towards Saturn's body, which the serpent had left on top of a building. She shook him violently, "How could you be so reckless?"

Status
Not open for further replies.