To Slay a Dragon: The Tale of a Rebellion

I've Posted. I hope I don't have to edit too much x_x.

@Acquariana: Your post is good, no worries.

@Kyra: No...I can't let in an anything-dragon character. I'm being fairly laissez-faire with races for the most part, but dragons I reserve for special purposes of the plot; they are immeasurably powerful and it's part of the premise that there aren't any dragons besides Tarimel near the country.
Other problems:
-I'd like to preserve the ingame confusion about who's going to lead once Tarimel is knocked out of power. In fact, if the RP gets that far I intend to let that conflict roll right out to center stage. A surviving noble is one thing, but there is absolutely no way your character would be guaranteed to be the next queen; the genealogies and records of the sort would likely have been burned, and I'd prefer to avoid any and all royalty-macguffins.
-I have no problem with psychics in terms of setting, but psychic powers can be a lot of trouble if they aren't handled well; that is, the power to read and mess with minds in particular. It borders on risking godmodding. I'm actually not sure whether your character is that kind of psychic, since you only specifically mention telekinesis. Just being an illusionist is quite powerful all by itself, though.
*deep breath*
Okay, now, possible solutions. I think the character's personality and history could work fairly well if she was some kind of were-bird, like a werehawk or something. That's perfectly viable. We already have one noble who survived Tarimel's slaughter by wit; it isn't inconceivable that another could survive by luck. I will have to say there's no way any noble in their right mind would come anywhere near the capital after the slaughter, for obvious reasons. It seems very unlikely, therefore, that she would get to see the prince's dead body or such. The abilities would be best toned down to illusionist with empathic abilities and maybe some telekinesis of small objects; being able to juggle bodies with one's mind falls in the range of "superpowers" I'd rather the rebellion not have access to.

Alright, I'll fix it. I just wasn't sure if that was okay...

Will see if I can get a post up after my final exam today. Expect a seven foot tall eastern european barbarian to be hewing scores of men apart in single blows and summoning otherworldly destruction with a guitar.

@Everyone: I posted. The post was somewhat inspired by "Firework" by Katy Perry. ^_^;

Earth to mud spell too much? I'll probably move off the DnD inspired spells soon. Works about to get a little calmer so I'll have more time to inspire myself.

i Rather liked the alchemic description of the incantation, personally. ^^

I don't know. It went really quiet all of sudden come the holiday season. I think we need a roster check of who's all wanting to continue to press forward and who's out.

Hi new to this forum and a huge fantasy fan, any space left for someone to join?
I had an elfish character in mind, with scouting and traplaying skills mainly... and of course good with a bow.

still open, just trying to currently figure out if it's still active.

I don't know. It went really quiet all of sudden come the holiday season. I think we need a roster check of who's all wanting to continue to press forward and who's out.
BLARGHABLE.
That's totally my job and I'm failing miserably at it.

Yeah...sorry. Anyway, I'd like to declare my interest in re-instating the activity of this, if other people haven't abandoned it.

EDIT: You know what, I'm going to try and make a tantalizing scene-post in the morning. It's past midnight and I'm in no condition to do it now, but maybe it'll lure people in. There's plenty of posts after my last one to do it regardless.

I'm gonna try and shake off my funk by performing the opposite of a cold-turkey quit. I guess that would be a flaming shrimp entry.

I am still in. I would like to make a different character though

I am going to asume it is alright to have let my previous character die in the tavern, so that I can make a new character. The reason i want to make a new one is that i just couldn't get a feel for my last one. i wrote him poorly.

Anyways here is my new character. He should fit in better.

Name: marrassan
Race: Night elf (Nocturnal varient of the elf, with pitch black skin, and snow white hair.)
Appearance: marrassan is tall and muscular, he usually wears black and silver clothes.
Role: Healer/warrior
Personality: Marrassan is usually quiet, but is never afraid to speak his mind. He prefers to either handle things with steel or magic, rather than talk things over. He seems cold on the outside but he is a very caring person.
Skills: Marassan is skilled with the spear, and sword. he enjoys fighting, and he is very good at it. Marrassan is also a skilled healer.
Powers: Marassan is a prctitioner of shadow magic. Shadow magic is rarely seen outside of the night elven cities, many humans believe it akin to withcraft. Shadow magicians draw power from the land of shadow(the shadowfell, it is another plane of existence) It is as versitile as arcane magic. Marassan's skills in it are almost entirely focused on healing, doing damage, and enhancing physical abilities.
History: Marrassan is from a night elf city that is in constant fear from Tarimel. several Night elf cities lie within vineria's borders, and Ever since Tarimel's ascent to power he has been trying to attain the night elves loyalty. The night elves are isolationists and only leave their hidden cities to trade with the outside world. Many night elves feel that Tarimel is growing tired with them, and will soon mobilize his armies to search out and destroy the night elves. Marrassa is part of a group of night elf warriors that patrol the forests, to try and keep an eye on Tarimels movements.

Yeah I'm still in. I should be able to be a lot more active this semester.

Sooo sorry folks. the first few weeks of collage after I got back from break was sucking my will to live. I'm working on a post now and hope to have it up by tomorrow at the latest.

forgive me?

EDIT: posted!