To Slay a Dragon: The Tale of a Rebellion

@Cotillion: BLargh I totally thought I responded to that. Yes, Bingles is good.

@Desaecula: Nobles who were in the capital when Tarimel entered were all slaughtered; it makes perfect sense if your guy wasn't in the capital at the time, but it might be worth mentioning in your history...

@Everyone: I'm gonna do something soon that'll help force the rebels to leave.

From what I'm guessing, you're still accepting characters. I was interested, so here goes nothin'! >_<;

Name: Sonya Seville
Race: Magi
Appearance:

Sonya-1.jpg

Role:Mid-to-Long-Ranged Offense/Sniping.
Personality: She tends to not talk much. Her mind tends to focus more on tasks and what she has to do than what the other people around her are doing. Upon first impression, she might seem intimidating, but she does not get angry that easily. She is rather calm and collected, but not that friendly. She seems to almost always have a few (emotional) walls up, even with people that she should give her trust. This can lead to her looking cold or apathetic at times when she's just trying to hide how she really feels about things.
Skills: She can use a crossbow effectively when needed. She lacks the ability to engage in hand-to-hand combat, however, and is not nearly as strong without her weapons as some melee-based enemies that she might have to take down, making her bad for the front lines of an attack. Non-battlefield skills that she has include being able to read, write, and cook.
Powers: Using her innate magical abilities, she can create magical arows if she runs out of regular arrows. Unlike regular arrows, however, they are not necessarily as deadly, hitting a target more like a shot from a paintball gun than like a bona fide arrow. This is due to the fact that the magical arrows, instead of penetrating a target, burst out and then dissipate upon hitting a target. She can make wind magic arrows, which slightly push the enemy back, but do the least damage (like a slightly more powerful version an airsoft gun); however, she can also create arrows made of fire magic that tend to inflict burns on affected targets.
History: She was born to a poor mother. Her mother, Elise Seville, was a former assassin who had had an affair with a great sorceror who went by the name of Elizard. Living in the slums of her large home city, Venezi, she eventually grew to dislike the authorities, who turned a blind eye to her and her mother's plight as they struggled, her mom becoming a mercenary again to get by. Sonya joined her mother, eventually becoming a mercenary herself. At the tender age of 13, her mother gave her the crossbow that she still uses to this day. Over the years her mother taught her how to use the crossbow as they assassinated various underground movers and shakers.

However, their career as mercenaries for hire came to a halt when Tarimel came to power. Jobs soon began to stop coming to them. Eventually, Sonya and her mother found themselves having to flee from where they had lived for most of their lives because they could not keep up with the taxes that were beginning to cripple them. Currently, with thousands in taxes on their heads, Sonya and Elise have parted ways, trying to evade Tarimel's tax collectors.

Cool character idea, but guns? I like the idea, but I'm not sure if they'd exist in a time like this, at least not the semi-automatic ones anyways.

;o Luckily I can easily edit on my simulator if I have to switch a crossbow in. It's not exactly too ahead of the high-fantasy setting here, though, because with the way I have my character set up the bullets are produced entirely by magic, so no gunpowder would be needed.

Posted due changes to profile. i think that about covers it.

I'de like to get involved as soona s possible.

Guys, I'm really sorry, but I'm drowning in deadlines right now. Everything's due this Saturday, so Sunday is pretty much the absolute latest you can expect something from me.

In light of apparent player impatience, I'm moving the major plotsy event I have planned to my next post. I need to ask players of characters who are just now being accepted (i.e., this post) to hold up a bit until I do so, as it will provide a slightly more dynamic way for them to enter and maybe make it so everyone isn't knocking on the front door at the same time.

@Desaecula: Character is fine.

@Acquariana: The trouble is that the tech of the world isn't quite enough for them to even have a concept of pistols, especially guns as sleek as those pictured. The level of technology I'm going for is kind of a late to very late Middle Ages, maybe Renaissance, though of course there will be a few differences as this is a different world which has some immortal races who might have a lot of time on their hands. Flintlock rifles would probably be the highest gun/explosive tech the world can have gotten to, but obviously not reliable enough ones to be used by too many people (or else Lirren would probably have one). In that light, if your character used magic because the normal method of firing was inconsistent and prone to malfunction, it would make perfect sense, but it is kind of impossible to dual-wield flintlock rifles.
So, as you said you could have her use a crossbow, or you could have her use a flintlock rifle. Really, a rifle makes more sense for longer-range attacks and sniping than a pistol anyway.

..I haven't quite read your whole profile, but I should note that using magic isn't outlawed...

Yeah, I was confused about the using magic thing because in the quote in the first post it says the teaching of magic was censored or something to that effect among other things. I kind of inferred that magic use was bad from that, but s'okay. I'll edit tomorrow when I have time. x_x; Also, about the sniping thing, that was with the crossbow, not with the pistols. ^_^;

Woh, Woh, Woh! Hold up people. the time of day is fracking MORNING! did you even bother to read the first few posts? the sun just ROSE! why the hell are people describing their approach to the cabin as if night has fallen? with the moon out and all that? it's like that last three people to join are 12 hours fast game time!

sorry to come off as an ass, but when I go through the trouble of laying out a setting I get annoyed when other blatantly ignore it. and going off the GM's past remarks insisting that the tavern is abandoned I'm sure he feels the same

Woh, Woh, Woh! Hold up people. the time of day is fracking MORNING! did you even bother to read the first few posts? the sun just ROSE! why the hell are people describing their approach to the cabin as if night has fallen? with the moon out and all that? it's like that last three people to join are 12 hours fast game time!

sorry to come off as an ass, but when I go through the trouble of laying out a setting I get annoyed when other blatantly ignore it. and going off the GM's past remarks insisting that the tavern is abandoned I'm sure he feels the same

I never mentioned a time of day in my post. Is it really that inconceivable to be traveling at night and stopping for a place to rest in the morning?

true, you post was ambiguous and thus safe from my annoyance, but the others descried the moon or the "fading light of day" and then transition abruptly to talking to us who are in the early morning.

Okay, I switched out the pistols for a crossbow and tweaked the corresponding parts of the sign up accordingly.

Okay guys. Tomorrow, probably as soon as I have a spare moment (probably sometime mid-to-late afternoon) the big post is coming. I'm asking you to put this RP on pause until then...I've got an excuse on hand for Lirrin's lack of responses thus far but any more would risk a time paradox.

And...THERE. A bit later than I'd intended, because of obligations I didn't know I had this afternoon, but the stuff just got real.

Here's the deal, in case it isn't clear: The forest has been host to a number of battles and wars between Vinerian armies and werewolves and other forest-indigenous groups. Tarimel, while not a necromancer himself, has evidently employed or garnered the support of some in order to raise those dead and sic them on the rebels and werewolves both. The undead are in various states of decay, including skeletons like the one that entered the tavern all the way up to recently-deceaced people with just a lot of half-rotten flesh. Feel free to create and beat up on an undead of your choice, but remember that there are far too many of them for the group to handle. The goal will very soon be to run away.

EDIT: As has been said by several others, it is still fairly early morning so please refrain from confusing remarks about the "night".

Also, Acquariana, your character is good. Probably best to have her show up somewhere near the tavern and be attacked by some undead.

Inb4 someone making a falcon punch joke.

question, do you have any objections to Horic using counter magic to "unsumon" the undead by breaking or destroying the magic that is holding them in the world of the living?

@Ryex I think that would make perfect sense, just that he'd have to do it on a one-at-a-time basis. Pretty much that would act like an un-animate-dead, and just make them fall into a pile of bones like they were before.

@Kyra: Yep. EDIT: That is, yep you can join. Sorry, didn't read the question carefully.

Yay! Give me a few minutes and I'll post... (Didn't wanna make a character and the rp be closed....)

Is this okay? EDIT: There, I think I fixed all the kinks...
Name:
Kyra
Race:
Werehawk (It's a werewolf but instead of a wolf, it's a hawk)
Appearance:
1166843545_animegirl1.jpg
Role:
A member of the Rebellion
A loner
A surviving Noble
Personality:
Timid yet powerful, Kyra is very shy. She can't talk very well to people or the other members but supports the Rebellion fully.
Skills:
-Skilled with rapier (the sword she's carrying) and a bow
-Can manifest illusions
-Can fly
Powers:
-Can move small objects with her mind
-Can make one feel as if he's in another world
History:
Hated by her adopted Noble parents, she was never in the castle. She was always out flying around with some hawks she befrineded. When ever she was in the castle, the royal family's only son was her only friend. Before the attack, she went to get the prince a rare fruit that was high in the mountians. When she heard of the attack, she was heart-broken. She fled from the area and swore revenge on the Tyrant, Tarimel. She heard of the coming rebellion and joined without telling anyone who she was. She wants to tell someone about who she is, but is afraid they won't accept her anymore.