To Slay a Dragon: The Tale of a Rebellion

Are you guys still looking for more? I have an idea for a character.

Yes, we are still looking for characters.

I'll take this moment to note that Chaos Rose's character Jya is also supposed to be right outside the tavern..but I haven't seen Chaos Rose around in a little while. Hm.

<style type="text/css">p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }</style> I just threw this together, so if there is anything that needs to be changed, let me know.

Name:
Bingles McGee
Race: Gnome

Description: Bingles stands at about 3'8", has a moustache, unkempt brown hair, wears a black robe with silver trim (the trim is a pattern of Nordic runes that mean Protection, Constraint, Growth, Joy and Possessions), uses a small walking stick and has several small pouches adorning a leather belt that are full of small trinkets that he picked up on his travels.

Role: Healing others.

Personality: Bingles is very mischievous, often playing pranks on those around him. He is smart, slightly eccentric and talks to himself while working or doing everyday things. He is compassionate to anyone who is wounded, often going to great lengths to help them, even risking his own life in foolish ways. He is very friendly and likes to talk a lot.

Skills: is good at alchemy, he concocts potions/salves that help others with things such as fatigue and minor wounds. He is skilled at working with herbs. Because he is so small, he is able to get to areas that others might not necessarily be able to fit in, and he is difficult to notice. He carries a dagger that is next to useless, and is a very poor fighter. Due to his short stature he is unable to travel great distances without assistance from others.
Powers: has the ability to heal people who are on the brink of death, draining his own life force to heal them.

History: Bingles was out picking mushrooms with his father one day, when he saw a fox attack a rabbit. He rushed to the aid of the rabbit, but it died in his hands. From that day he vowed to protect all innocent creatures from death, and to treat anyone who was wounded. His father, seeing how distraught Bingles was, soon began teaching Bingles how to use herbs to make salves and potions to treat wounds and ailments. Before long Bingles had learnt everything his father could teach him about herbs and potions, and he wanted to learn more, so he began travelling around the world to learn more about healing. Eventually he came across a monastery. The priests there listened to his story, and decided to teach him their healing ways. From the priests Bingles was able to learn how to use his own life force to treat wounds, but at great cost to himself. This form of healing would leave him drained, barely able to stand and often unconscious.

If they back out at the worst possible moment - we become a nice group of martyrs?

Fuck yeah we have a mascot now! :P

So, we heading to the outer provinces next? There's already a lot of people there highly pissed off at Tarimel. That being said, the small "match-fires" there can be used to gradually turn the fires of rebellion into a raging inferno. It would be an easy place to find a lot of sympathizers as well, Vinerians legitimately wanting the Empire's current government to take it up the ass in grand quantities and all.

If you want to win a war, rebellion, or uprising of any sort, wouldst not an army of those LEAST willing to fight be, well, less of an investment of arms, and more a show of force? The people can't get behind a little group unless that group can show themselves leaders worht following. and then the masses arise without effort...no?

of course in sayign this, i put my foot in the door to play with you all.

should you have me... of course.

Word, one of the best ways to show you can lead a rebellion is to fuck with the dominant power and then get away with it. I imagine Elisridge will be a perfect place to demonstrate that.

@ Tyler Crane: Kroylrev doesn't kill the assassin in Elisridge, but rather a town not too far away from where they currently are. Technically, Elisridge would still be "safe" for them as long as they go there without passing through the small town he was doing some investigation in.

Is it too late to join this thing? >_>

oh, sorry 'bout that, just sounded from the post like he did, nothing in there about where he killed him, said or otherwise, so I think it would be an understandable misinterpretation.

Eh, I guess I could clear it up IC then. That okay with you?

Name: Lord Armand Castillo Desaecula... A.K.A. "BLEED"
Race:Dhamphire
Appearance: A tall man with mid-back length dark brown hair, brown eyes, goatee of thin stark black hair and piercing, yet jolly facial features. a burly man with a thin waist and a hardy laugh. Duke Armand always wears his sword on his hip.
ROYAL GARB- Lords mantle of pitch black with Robe of rich purples and blues witha white sash
IN DISGUISE-Goes by the name of "BLeed", A ragged grey robes over sparce amounts of plate armor and heavy leather clothing. a single large metal pauldron on the swordarm with a bloody cross on it.
Role: Political sneak and General informant behind the scenes, But In disguise, a frontman fighting with inhuman finesse and tact.
Personality: Complex and strong willed, Armand copes with his inhumanity with humor and poise, and treats others with more respect than is usually advisable to mask what he believes to be his curse...vampirism.
Skills: Duel wielding an oversized saber with heavy guard, and serrated parrying dagger.
Powers:
Raven Familiar-the ability of affinity to raven, crows, and other carrion birds of prey.
Greenflame- enchant weapons in hand with green mystic embers that cuts magically as well as physically.
Raven's call- Carrion birds obey the user to a certain extent, but won't endanger themselves unless enraged. limited to a group of five or less birds.
Raven sight- The user see's what the birds under RAVEN'S CALL ability see whenever they close their eyes.
SHadowlands- mystically heightened stealth abilities.
Vampiric curse-User must drink eight pints of human blood, or three pints of mystical creature blood per moon cycle or suffer lose of strength and eventually mummified slumber.

History: Armand was unaware he was the bastard son of the dutchess. her affair witht he vampire nine months previous was thought to have occured without incident, and no one ever thought rape was invilved, not even the young girl, then only 17. thirty years later, fate saw the Castillo family in better standings, for only Armand knows he is what he is.

Hiding behind the guise of being a skilled warlock, Duke Armand continued his noble responsibilities with poise and a tongue akin to that of the snake of eden. His personal code explains all his reasons for being involved in this rebellion.

WHen the capitol fell, Armand Was skilled enough to disguise himself as "Bleed" and destroyed his own palace. A cannon had been placed in the basement, pointed at a special beam in the palace cellars, once the fuse was lite, the building was doomed. Such Is the cunning of Armand Castillo Desaecula. He fled teh capitol, but assumes a gentlemans appearance to schmooze with what remains of the social order in the area.

"MOney and power does not make a man A noble, and blood alone does not make a king. For A mans heart and resolve make him Noble, and a mans love and responsibility for his people make him a king."

WHen the essence of power is corrupted, Only noble men will be able to brign peace and prosperity back.

What has been going on so far plotwise?

Everybody is basically discussing "what to do and where to go".

Also Kroylrev ROCKS THE FUCK OUT early on.

Just wondering if my character is a yay or nay (if nay is there anything I need to change?).

I get the feeling we all really don't like dragons now lol.

So, can we have some character stand up and force this group to move out? Cause - kind of like in Kroylrev posts it's gonna get kind of odd if we all continue to sit around debating as more people just wander upon us knocking on the door.

If anybody else has any other descriptions of possible recruitment centers they can post IC, that would be helpful as well. I'm sure there are places aside from Elisridge to go rile up some oppressed citizens, even if that means getting past secret police attempting to stop deserters heading inwards.