To Slay a Dragon: The Tale of a Rebellion

Done. Posted another post as well. I'm trying to hopefully bring forth a part where the whole gang gets their shit together and makes it happen.

Um, what happened? We kind of started to gather and re-introduce each other (cause I thought we knew each other already but I rolled with it) than nothing. What is it going to take to get this going? Do I need to post a random attack on the tavern to get the flames a lit?

Papers happened, to me in particular. I'm still on them, since everything's due right about the day after Thanksgiving break I'll probably return to being a good GM and make the post we need then.

Sorry, procrastination is a terrible thing.

Absolutely Slyen. Post a character sheet up. Right now the GMs been kind of swamped but this will start rolling a lot faster soon. I'll review your character sheet for anything it may be missing and give you a temporary approval if Xindaris is too busy

Yeah, still open, and if a character sheet's posted I'll have a look whenever I stop by, which wouldn't be later than mid-next week.

To semi quote Xindaris, anybody is welcome Matthias. Just going ahead and get a character sheet posted up and Xindaris will approve you asap. Look forward to seeing your character.

A rebellion's gonna need more than six warriors if it's going to overthrow an entire dragon-governed nation!

<DIR>Name: Matthias Lanier
Race: Human
Appearance:
Swordsman__BW__by_Initio_et_Finem.jpg

Role: Where ever he is needed
Personality: Caring lovable man that will protect his and others beliefs and goals but most times will not show it. Arrogant at times but hardly means it. Loves taunting enemies but has a little anger issue with it when done to him. Loves to talk but not bout himself more what he thinks and what should be done and how. Has away with word that could charm the pants off a snake when he tries so politics comes easy to him. He loves battle and will fight to the end for his friends.
Skills: agile and good with dual weaponry and dueling. Can con people out of anything with just words and logic though needs some time to think of what to say. Martial arts is one of his biggest strengths and will fight that way in battles.
Powers: just the power of the human will
History: Boren to a wealthy high class family Matthias knew nothing but luxury, until at the age of 17 a fire took his parents and home. Distraught with his life he took to martial arts and swordsmanship to forget the pain and lived that way until he was 23, when his inheritance ran out. So he wandered moving from town to town doing whatever any one would pay for. Finally he came to the capital where he found work as a soldier and worked his way up to tactician and politician of the army fighting for funding and supplies. He had found a new home until the dragon came and took over. It was his childhood all over again and damn him if he wasn’t going to do something about it. So he left in search of the rebellion and he wandered again until he found them.

</DIR>

@Machine Sometimes the smaller the better. We're out to kill the dragon not topple the nation. More like an assasination attempt.

But it's a rebellion though, it's inevitably going to have to heat up and start gathering force.

well, technically it's a revolution, but who's counting?

but are we going army to army or trying to silently over throw the ruler to reenstate order?

thats a question we will have to answer. my vote is to get THE army behind us. or go the quite route. raising AN army is just a sure fire way to kill a lot of people for no good reason

I'm thinking it will be a sort of people's rebellion; going around and garnering support in various villages, outposts, settlements and so on, slowly changing the mindset of a nation and building up a secret opposition. Assuming the empire is also a very large one, I get the feeling there will be more than a few fellows in the military who also aren't exactly big fans of the dragon. At the same time, who's to say Lirren's group is the only group of people who don't like the current ruler?

@Ryex-i like that idea because u make a valid point and how many can really count on. wat if they say they will fight and back out at the worst possible moment. so i agree wit u

If they back out at the worst possible moment, well, tough luck there.

Ugh, sorry about that. Two papers due=no Iwaku time.
Anyway, I'm back. And this discussion we're seeing here..is a conversation the characters should have. :D

@Matthaias: yeah, as I said in the post right above your question, characters are still being accepted. From what I can tell of Matthias (the character), he's going be a little difficult to play realistically. There's several near-contradictions in his personality, is what I'm saying, and they get to be a little confusing to work out. Essentially, I don't think I could accurately portray that character in a play if given that description..at least, it'd be tough. If you're up to it, then it's fine..don't expect some of the dragon's more avid supporters to be persuaded by any means though. His abilities are acceptably limited because of the lack of magic, so consider the character accepted.
Also, there's lots of spelling errors and they're hurting my brain but I'm trying to learn to tolerate those things...just please watch for them a tiny bit more carefully?

Good news, I had an idea for the first major plot point of sorts, it'll be forced on the characters in a little while. I'm gonna work on a post to move things forward now.

If theres anything bothering you about the character ill be willing to fix the problems and contradictions plus since he has no magic it gives him the ability to learn magic to help. sorry about the spelling errors me at 2am equals bad spelling lol