To Slay a Dragon: The Tale of a Rebellion

Name: Jya Kadee (jya kuh-DEE)
Race: Myravi- a birdlike race.

Appearance: Jya has a round face that is almost always decorated with a smirk. Her head feathers are the color of coffee with just a bit of cream and are long enough to brush her shoulders. Her wings match her head feathers, but they have a few darker stripes on the backs and lighter spots on the fronts. Her powerful chest muscles bulge a bit, giving something of a boost to her moderate bust, but the rest of her is slender, except her thighs. She has a slight tan and blue eyes. Her clothing is traditional Myravi garb: a dark green tunic with separate brown sleeves and leggings. The back collar of the tunic swings down so that the shoulders of her wings are just above it. She wears a leather belt from which hangs a large, sheathed knife, two money pouches (one to fill and one to empty), and a hand-sized satchel.

Role: Jya did her part in the rebellion by spreading songs of what life was like before the dragon's rule and how good it was. She can serve as a messenger, getting from place to place quickly and disguising her messages as poems and songs.

Personality: Jya's motto is "enjoy life". She is the first to try to liven up a situation that she feels has gotten too serious, but her jokes can sometimes make things even more awkward, especially if she's just walked in. She is laid-back and sometimes childish, but heaven help you if you hurt someone/thing she cares about. Once she has a conviction, she will stubbornly follow it to the end as she absolutely hates admitting that she is wrong. Below her fiery outer shell is a protective motherly side that just wants to make everything right.

Skills: Jya, like all Myravi, can fly. She is strong enough to take off from a standstill, though it's far easier when she takes a running start. She was trained as a bard and can sing beautifully and play a lute. She also has keen eyesight compared to a human's, but her sense of smell could stand to be better.

Powers: All Myravi have the ability to control wind to some extent, but through study and training Jya was able to extend her powers to "storm", so she can also control water and lightning, but she still finds wind the easiest element to control. She moves the elements with her hands but if she wants anything powerful, she must support her hand magic with singing. The best sung magic requires the caster to magically split their voice to cover two pitches, which Jya can do, but with difficulty.

History: Jya grew up with her older brother Quim, younger sister Kaiu, and younger brother Bwi. Their father was killed in battle and their mother died giving birth to Bwi. After her mother's death, a family friend and traveling bard, Biki, decided to stick around in Jya's village for a while to help teach the orphans how to survive on their own. He gave Jya a few magic books that he had gotten in his travels after she showed interest in them, and she studied them during every free hour she could get. It took three years to wrap her head around the basics of water and lightning, and another three to master them. Her stubbornness and curiosity were what kept her going through her studies.

After those years, Biki decided that it would be best for him to start traveling again, and Jya followed him, learning all the old songs and a few new ones, as well as the common language of Vineria and how to play the lute. After her skills had progressed enough, the two went their separate ways. Jya eventually earned enough money to buy her own lute and she traveled as she did with Biki, spreading tales of ancient warriors and modern saints.

It was a dark day when she learned of the destruction of her home village. She flew for a day and a night straight to get home, and when she arrived all was in ruin. Using the last ounce of her strength, she ran to where her old home was and desperately clawed through the rubble, in search of her siblings. All she found was broken wings. Tears falling to the ground and a terrible scream of grief and rage rising to the sky were the only funeral her family received before Jya collapsed asleep on top of her old home, vowing that she would never stop until those responsible paid tenfold.

She was one of those that heard Lirrin's first speech. She had just entered Florena the day before and was using her recent earnings to buy some lunch in the marketplace when the rolling din of the crowd shifted to more astonished murmurings. She turned her attention to where the crowd appeared to be gathering around a werewolf and listened with a pounding heart. Finally, her revenge had some kind of foothold. She hadn't expected him to leave so quickly, though, and she lost track of him. She asked around for his whereabouts for days, and finally got a tip from one of her audience members after she sang a song listing the achievements of Vineria's ancient kings. She immediately set off for the forest, and she is currently searching for their hideout.

Also... I believe I've found this RP's theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt4CQc1MSso&list=PLDF391C5C75C4FD2C&index=2&playnext=2

This is an awesome character, neat song too!
There's a couple of details to the history I need to ask about, specifically whether her hometown is in Viveria or some other country, and the point at which she learned about and joined the budding rebellion (or were you intending for her to show up as a newcomer?).

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I think it would be easier to write my characters racial history first.<o:p></o:p>
Many years ago a great nation existed in the mountains to the North and West, it was filled with the beats men known as Wolven. They had built a great civilization to protect themselves from the superstitious humans, elves and other beings. They had an intricate society, and were accepting of anyone who came to them in peace. One day though a dragon came to this nation and in a matter of days left every town and city in ruins. The survivors gathered at what had once been their capitol city, it had once been the beacon of their kind, i sign that they were going to stand no matter what happened to them. <o:p></o:p>
For a while they were able to remain, they rebuilt most of the city. Eventually their weakness became evident and a neighboring kingdom began to seize what had once been their lands. when they reached the city the Wolven were residing in The king of this nation looked on it with greed, he didn't want to stop building his power. He sent his armies to the city and destroyed it and scattered the Wolven. <o:p></o:p>
Once again the Wolven were defeated, and this time they didn't have anywhere to go. they had gathered at the northern borders of what had used to be their homeland, and two groups began to struggle for supremacy. one wanted to live peaceful lives and search for a home to call their own. The other group wanted to take a new home from someone else. These two groups parted ways. <o:p></o:p>
The peaceful group split up and formed nomadic groups called sheraliscalae, the other races just called them packs, and soon that is what the wolven began to call their traveling communities. The second group, split up as well, and built mighty fortresses called dens wherever they could find reasonably secluded area, and they began to build their strength.<o:p></o:p>
Three hundred years has passed since their city was destroyed by a greedy king, and all hope of a new homeland. Now the packs and the dens work together, the packs trading for supplies and giving to the dens, and the dens provide shelter for their traveling kin. Ironically the Wolven are almost as numerous as before the dragon destroyed their nation.<o:p></o:p>
The Wolven never forgot that dragon, and they spent years searching for ways to kill dragons, to find a way to exterminate dragons from the face of the entire land, in retribution. they created magic weapons and techniques to best fight the dragons, and they developed a warrior to fight them.<o:p></o:p>
Killarae, the dens trained powerful knights and the packs stealthy hunters. Those outside of the Wolven (the few who know of the Killarae) call them Wolfknights and Dragonstalkers. These warriors travel the land searching for dragons to kill in their ultimate goal, the extinction of dragons.<o:p></o:p>
The Wolven still know the name of the dragon that destroyed their once glorious civilization, his name was Tarimel.<o:p></o:p>
Name: Sarem<o:p></o:p>

Race: Wolven<o:p></o:p>
Appearance: A anthropomorphic wolf with pure white fur and golden eyes<o:p></o:p>
Role: Sarem learned much about tactic while being trained as a Wolfnight, he will be the lead tactician when the rebellion begins to build up armies. For now he is pretty much the muscle. He acts somewhat as Lirrens bodyguard, and roughs people up when necessary.<o:p></o:p>
Personality: Sarem is cold and quiet, he shows a lot of anger, and keeps his distance from people emotionally.<o:p></o:p>
Skills: Sarem is a skilled fighter, and is very quick. He is also a brilliant tactician.<o:p></o:p>
Powers: Sarem has weapons that have been magically enhanced to do massive damage to dragons<o:p></o:p>
Other: Sarems weapons and tactics for fighting dragons is highly experimental, none of his kind have faced a dragon and returned to tell the tale.<o:p></o:p>

Mostly it's alright, though you should expect him to be confused for a werewolf fairly often. As to the racial history, I can work it into the characterization of Tarimel provided their town's destruction was at least 5,000 years ago.
The one, and biggest problem, is the idea of dragon-slaying weaponry. Refer to the first paragraph of this post; the gist of it is that dragons don't have a catchall weakness to them that could be exploited by "dragon-slaying" weaponry or magic. It's part of the reason they're so hard to kill. If the weapons simply have certain powers and are believed in something of a superstition to be more effective against dragons, then I just need more specific information on exactly what it is they do.
Actually, if you have more specific information on what sort of tactics he tends to use (as just "tactics" is a pretty big net to cast), and exactly what manner of weapons he's particularly skilled with (spears, swords, bows, what?), that'd be helpful too.

Ima try to get a post up tomorrow.

I'll post tomorrow, or should I say latter today? after I sleep in any case. question, you mentioned a newcomer had arrived last night, and hadn't shared their story yet. are you referring to one of us? or some npc or other charater you going to add ect.

His "dragonslaying" weapons are like I said theoretical, no Wolven has ever tested them out. They contain a large amount of negative enrgy, that when comes in contact with a creature of choice, in this case a dragon, they release that negative enrgy which in theory when it comes into contact with a living organism causes any matter ti wither and crumble. But because the Wolven have not ever had the chance to study a dragon they don't exactly know how to make the wapons negative energy react to a dragons flesh, they don't even know if the negative energy would work.

and the tactics he tends to use mostly are gorilla tactics. his kind have been scattered for centuries, they tend to use tactics that help presserve as many members of the group as possible. striking from the shadows and running when the enemy figures out what the hell is going on, and then leaving traps fro them to fall into is very commonly used by the Wolven. other than that he ostly uses small group tactics, that are designed to confuse and overcom e a much larger enemy.

The weapons he uses are primarily, a kilij ( a curved sworrd, almost like scimitar) a halbeard, and a longbow. He is trained in most of the more common weapons of the medieval era.

@Ryex: It was intended to be Horic, I was interpreting "joined that day" to mean "joined within the last 24 hours." I can edit if that's unacceptable.

@kitora: Hmm, it seems like negative energy is a somewhat ill-defined magic that does more damage based on one's race? Generally even races who categorically have weaknesses have very different weaknesses from one another... I'm just not sure the concept makes much sense in the setting. It would imply that you could make an anti-human weapon, anti-orc weapon, anti-elf weapon, etc., which could be abused fairly quickly.
It would make more sense to have weapons that have a changeable elemental affinity, especially when trying to make something good for killing dragons; as I've mentioned before, a dragon's opposing element is the only thing he/she could really be considered "weak" to.

Who's "the newcomer from last night?"

*My grammar Nazi senses are tingling!* ^^^I believe you mean guerrilla tactics. *Slaps self on back of hand* Don't worry, this won't be a habit. That in particular just bugs me.

About Jya: (I'll add this to the profile) She was one of those that heard Lirrin's first speech. She had just entered Florena the day before and was using her recent earnings to buy some lunch in the marketplace when the rolling din of the crowd shifted to more astonished murmurings. She turned her attention to where the crowd appeared to be gathering around a werewolf and listened with a pounding heart. Finally, her revenge had some kind of foothold. She hadn't expected him to leave so quickly, though, and she lost track of him. She asked around for his whereabouts for days, and finally got a tip from one of her audience members after she sang a song listing the achievements of Vineria's ancient kings. She immediately set off for the forest, and she is currently searching for their hideout.

About her home village: Most of the Myravi settlements are in a small country to the northwest of Vineria, but a few, including Jya's, were founded just past the border. This "leaking in" of the Myravi was what angered Tarimel and inspired him to attack the villages.<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

@Stillbirth-I just answered that...it's Horic, unless Ryex disagrees.

@Chaos-Alright, that's perfectly fine. I should note Tarimel has been in control of the country for about a year at this point, it still works though.
And yeah, I noticed the misspell too. I have lots of grammar tics and pet peeves but I try to hold my tongue...err, typing fingers. Whatever.

c___c I hope it's okay that I posted Vivi as already part of the group. If not, I'll edit.

Yes, most of the starting characters are supposed to be part of the group already. In fact, my intent was that the group consists of entirely player characters at the beginning and gains NPCs a little later.

It's fine, I'll the "newcomer from last night" :P any way I'll have a post in a few hours

Alright, I added that new bit to the profile. I'll get to work on my IC post.

I will clarify that negative energy affects all matter. Sarems weapons are meant to release the negative nergy pent up inside of them whne they come in contact with the flesh of a dragon. They are a one time use thing, and they are highly experimental they may not even work. The Wolven have been trying to develope weapons that do a lot of damage to dragons but the research has been slow, weapons such as these are the first of their kind. while yes there is no antidragon weapon or magic it's not stopping the Wolven from trying to develope one.

@Stillbirth - I hate inconsistency so I'll point this out, Nimba isn't at his table any more, he is outside basking in the sun

@kitora-Alright, go ahead with it. Other characters might not put much faith in the idea, of course.

@Ryex-Yeah, I was gonna say that... I was also going to point out that it's a ruined tavern and doesn't particularly have a crowd of people in it...though I'm really not entirely sure whether the post contradicts that or not.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFuck, gonna change that.

Guys, guys..damage control time.
The tavern they're staying at hasn't had an owner or clientele for years, partially because of the werecreature inhabitants of the forest have been hostile to the surrounding civilization for awhile. The rebels are the only people there. Please edit posts to reflect this fact where necessary.