You've gone to sleep in your favorite spot, safe and secure in yourself and your surroundings. You wake up to find yourself under a canopy of unfamiliar trees, with others similarly rousing from their slumber in an equally confused state. By chance or by purpose, you were brought here for a reason, but that mystery is yet for you to uncover.
Hello everyone. I'm wanting to run a massive long-term roleplay based in Dungeons and Dragons Forgotten Realms setting along the Sword Coast. Some of it I'll just be bullshitting because I really don't know the fine details, but part of being a team adventuring within a world is that things change all the time and part of it is going with the flow and making our own fun right?! As it stands I intend for there to be much more roleplay elements than dice rolls on the part of the player as I want this to be as fun and interactive for all of you as possible.
NEW!!! Here are links to EACH OOC Reply Guide =)
Gonna keep this super simple, simple as possible so here's a few things;
This is going to be Long Term, so please be prepared to be around for a while. While I can adjust to have people in and out, weeks where you don't feel well, or just can't post because your bunny rabbit ate through your power cord, I would really appreciate if you take into consideration how long this adventure may take to play out.
As a further note I will be hooking lots of the official modules into this, but many details may be changed and adjusted as required to make things flow and fit the group's needs and wants.
I highly value your input, suggestions, and feedback so please don't hesitate to provide it! Or look for clarification or anything that crosses your mind. If I don't know there's a problem or issue I can't fix it D:
I aim to be posting an update at least once every week if not more, though I will cap it at once every other day in order to give everyone a chance to reply. If there needs to be one on one events for any reason those may be faster paced.
We'll be using typical D&D 5e rules for the most part, if you're unfamiliar with those please read up on them =)
While I won't say 'no', I will discourage an 'evil' alignment character, at least at the start, you are supposed to be saving the world after all!
I am more comfortable with official D&D 5e content, but I will consider homebrew races/classes/etc. on a case by case basis. (Tashas, Xanthars, etc. included)
Your characters will be starting at level 1; Your lvl 3 archetypes/oaths/etc. will be worked into the roleplay where appropriate with a (hopefully) Zero to Hero vibe.
EDIT; ^ To add to this, please include at least two events you'd like your character to experience, within reason, this should include something to pair with when your character hits level 3 but doesn't have to.
Ability scores/Levels will go beyond the normal max of 20; I intend to toss you up against things that will require this.
Ability Rolls are 4 d 6, drop the lowest, you may re-roll 1's ONCE. You may roll two sets of stats and pick one or the other.
Pick one of the 'Flaws' off the list, suggestion is to find one that fits your character, but if you're feeling lucky try a 1d100.
Also pick your favorite critter from the list below with a note that you shouldn't pick the same one as someone else.
- Severe tremors in the left hand
- All too eager to take unnecessary risks
- Has some really eccentric religious or political beliefs
- Obsesses over ex who they’re still in love with
- Thin, patchy beard with gray streaks
- Gullible and ready to believe anything
- Refuses to forgive people’s mistakes
- Amputated arm from a childhood illness
- Arrogant and never admits their mistakes
- Talks over people and rarely listens
- Makes offensive “jokes” about anyone different
- Drinks too much but is always the life of the party
- Red birthmark on the forehead in the shape of Alaska
- Workaholic who doesn’t make enough time for family
- Crooked nose
- Morbidly obese
- Cheats to get ahead every opportunity they get
- Missing two fingers from the right hand because of work injury
- Scars from third-degree burns on face and neck
- Picks on the weakest and most vulnerable people
- Lacking in professional ethics
- Gets physically destructive when upset
- Thick, black unibrow
- A glass eye that is a different color than the other eye
- Indecisive about the smallest things
- Constantly cheats on their spouse
- Thinks their jokes are hilarious (and they are definitely not)
- Swears excessively
- Tells entertaining but largely invented stories about her past
- Quick to criticize others but can’t take criticism
- Sticks nose in other people’s business out of concern
- Pokes fun of everybody, but is an equal opportunity offender
- Disrespectful and insulting to subordinates
- Smokes, but is always trying to quit
- Indulges a weakness for eating really unhealthy food
- Not very bright
- Flies off the handle if he sees someone bullying another person
- Violently threatens people who get on their nerves
- No moral compass
- Suspicious of others for no reason
- Several brown and rotting teeth
- Takes advantages of others’ kindness
- Has extreme social anxiety and is really nervous around people
- Really terrible hygiene
- Bowed legs
- Always has to win at everything
- Several large, hairy moles on the back
- Religious hypocrite who doesn’t practice what they preach
- Keeps breaking promises to loved ones
- Self-righteous and judgmental
- Belittles anyone they view as intellectually inferior
- Lets friends down by always being late
- Convinced they are always right
- Steals from the rich, but uses it to help someone more deserving
- Tight-fisted and ungenerous despite being wealthy
- Fixated on acquiring expensive material possessions
- Lazy and unhelpful
- Doesn’t think rationally
- Holds a grudge over even the smallest slights
- Tends to primp and look in the mirror too much
- Unreasonably jealous of significant other
- Displays gross racial prejudices
- Overly obsessed with their looks
- Complains excessively about minor inconveniences
- Facial warts
- Always believes the worst in people
- Prone to lying all the time
- Hairy back
- Makes rash decisions with little information
- Acts like a suck-up to anyone with influence or power
- Enjoys embarrassing others
- Reckless driver
- Tends to be very controlling of their spouse and children
- Abuses drugs or alcohol
- Clubbed foot
- Willfully ignorant
- Acts like a mindless airhead
- Keeps taking in stray animals despite spouse’s objections
- Financially irresponsible and in debt
- Sexually harasses people
- Maxes out credit cards buying dinner and drinks for friends
- Behaves cruelly towards animals
- Extremely poor eyesight
- Behaves rudely to service and retail workers
- Really bad sense of direction
- Tactless when sharing criticism or bad news
- Emotionally unsupportive to friends and family
- Paraplegic due to war injury
- Cystic acne all over the face
- One ear is substantially larger than the other
- Gets angry at the slightest provocation
- Constantly nags people
- Paranoid that everyone is out to get them
- Hunched back
- A cleft palate
- A long scar across the cheek
- Makes passive-aggressive insults
- A pronounced limp due to one leg longer than the other
- Snow Leopard; @Ace_Jaye 's Gnome Wizard Cyrus Tarano
- Puffin; @VaraS 's Tiefling Rogue Ransom
- Arctic Wolf; @Rheiya Sunshine 's Changeling Bard Nera Whisperwind
- Polar Bear; @Wolfsin 's Shifter Ranger Soren Ravensong
- Snow Owl; @rowean 's Shadar-Kai Rogue Raven
- White Dragon; @Andy 's Mountain Dwarf Fighter Gregor Ashenforge
- Arctic Fox; @EldridSmith 's Drow Paladin Umraeyrr Helviep
At a bare minimum please include this info, anything extra will help me as a GM/DM to create story and character arcs better suited to you and your character.
Feel free to reach out to me to discuss details, brainstorm, etc. as I'm super flexible when it comes to customizing your character to suit your desires and outcomes.
Remember you start at level one,
Level 3 Sub-Class/Archetype/etc.
Beginning Stats (Include Hit Points please)
Beginning Skills (If you don't know how to calculate these please ask!)
Inventory (Gear, etc.)
Background/Bio (the more you give me, the better I can get a handle for your character)
Important Notes (Anything else?)
Ping for; @Andy @Vii and @EldridSmith
Also I'm sorry if I forgot something, writing this at 2:30 in the morning is not a wise idea...