To Nirvana: Verbatim Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
*passes Tokugawa some Moderator brand tea*

It seems both of you are a little stressed by this. Let's take a moment.

@Endless Night - there is nothing more frustrating to a GM than a player who asks continual questions and takes no initiative. It does nothing but put stress back onto them. Most GMs want help developing a world, fleshing out the details and moving the plot via collaboration. Anything less, and they might as well be writing a novel. It's not fair to say "it's not my job" and then expect them to babysit you.

@Tokugawa - I know what it's like coming back to a story and trying to choose how to restart or re-imagine it. If it's a good story, it will be timeless. I've also done my fair share of cursing, and it doesn't help. Your players will go on the defensive and shut their eyes to the message you are delivering. My advice is to stop answering questions and concentrate on setting the scene. Just you and your roleplay. Forget about the others for a moment and ask yourself why you want a roleplay instead of a novel. I find that's the best question to ask myself when I'm furious, and it usually brings me back to a place where collaboration is possible.

Okay, sorry about that. .__. I've been busy lately, but now I'm receiving some more time to do this. I'll take that advice. Thanks, Asmodeus.

I'm not sure if I want to continue it considering that we haven't been discussing, and Snicket's been in DE for a while.

Well, we still can but we just need to get him to discuss, too.

Dude. Duuuuuuuude. I think we need to restart Nirvana if we can't continue from where we were or if we have work to do.

Yeah. It seems that the story is a bit patchy, we forgot what we were doing, one of my characters was on hold for too long, incorporating a war between two different cultures and dimensions proves difficult, and the overall story is pretty bad. And you can work on your Mary Sue problem.

And remember that it's a WAR. The way you began was quite baffling and made me have to make up some things that didn't quite flow with the universe.

Yeah...

Sorry about that. I had no idea what to do at all so I just did something random.

In my opinion, the beginning went fairly well. The only bad parts were my own posts.

Yeah.

Er...Hm. Takumi and Rei meet Clair (that was her name, right?) and Artemus. Rei ask if they could join the army, mentioning that Takumi used to be in the military and something about herself (forgot what she said). Things happen, forgot what exactly, and the two traveled with Artemus to his home.

Oh. Uhhhhh. Let's just start over. But is it alright if you take into account that an entire planet is a massive battlefield?

Didn't you read the intro? Basically it's a literal war of the worlds.

I read it but still. The whole world being a battlefield seems too extreme.

It's war. Dimensions. Like OV. A whole lot can and will happen in the multiverse. At least I'm not throwing in Pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.