To Hell and Back?

Kerra was suddenly swept up into a pair of arms. Strong arms that made her feel safe. Only one set of arms could do that to her. As he held onto her, she held onto him. He then led her back home and into her room. He looked to be full human now. He didn't burn her through touch anymore and he seemed to have calmed a bit. She blushed as he looked at her so tenderly and then her eyes furrowed, indicating anger.

"Kon, you idiot! How dare you worry me like that! That's horrible of you....Horrible" she wrapped her arms around him, not wanting to let go. He told her that his presence here would only bring out Cyrus. She didn't care. Cyrus hadn't hurt her before and he wouldn't start to now.

"You don't have to worry about Cyrus...I won't let him hurt you...I just don't want you to leave...I've missed you so much...I've been a hopeless wreck without your mayhem and madness to keep me the tiniest bit sane....Please don't go again...."

Kon hated any mention of the name. His eye brow twitched with annoyance. The fact his love even bothered to breath that demon's name, and continue to talk about him just drove him to shut her up. He was prepared to knock her off her guard and kissed her. Just a playful little kiss on her lips.

"Kerra, sometimes you shouldn't let yourself runaway like that." He gave a little concerned smile and opened her bedroom door. "Relax, I'll mess up your kitchen and make some tea for you." He was a little more generous than usual. The old Kon would have pinned her to the bed and teased her till she cried.

He couldn't help it though. He wasn't going to be allowed to stay if he didn't behave, or do his job. He did return with the tea and their school bags they left at the door. This was his chance at being a normal 17 year old boy. He gets to adore his crush with a bleeding heart and be stressed out about exams. He was even looking forward to being out on his own, earning a life. But that all depended on if he doesn't screw up this last chance.

Kon had wondered what would happen to him if his chance was up. Would he turn to ash again, become a void in the galaxy eating all others or would he no longer be... He couldn't imagine what it's like not to feel anything, to be nothing. He shook a little at the thought and set the tea down before he dropped it.

"You have a test coming up." He smiled peering into her personal school planner. "And judging by these hearts, you appear to have a crush on someone named Kon."

Kerra's face burned bright red when he made that comment.

"Shut up...You know it's you, you idiot..." she leaned forward, kissing his lips softly. When she pulled away, she smirked.

"So, would you like to study with me?" she grabbed a tea-cup took a sip. She watched human Kon. He still had many of the traits that his demon form had, but now, he was a bit gentler and his touch didn't burn her like it used to. She didn't mind it when he touched her when he was a demon though. She had gotten used to the burn. Maybe she was a sadist...She shook the thought out of her head.

"So, assuming you were paying attention, do you know what our test will be on?" She knew what the subject of the test was. She was testing him. She had to know that they were on the same page. She was sure they were. Kon was smarter than her. She pulled a few pieces of paper out of her notebook, setting them down in front of the both of them.

"This test will be major...So we need to know this detail from front to back....Got it?"

(Sorry my post isn't big like yours ^^;)

((Not a problem. It doesn't have to be epically long))

He chuckled to himself feeling oddly more mature than her after seeing the hearts. But he was finally getting his chance to enjoy his childhood. It didn't matter that he'd be about 30 or 40 by now if he had never turned into a demon. It didn't take much for him to click in and out of these thoughts. He was still very much bothered about his past.

Kon had nodded. "I'll have to take your word for it. But if I find him. he's getting a good scare from me." He pulled his books into his lap and helped Kerra find the right pages. "Only a little bit for now. We have quite to cover. The subject happens to be Math." He teased her. "Then I may treat you something...." He paused.

The doors unlocked and shuffling could be heard. His heart jumped and he felt sick. Someone was finally home and he could not hide on the roof. His grip got a little tight around Kerra's hand. "Do... I hide?" His voice was low and he didn't know what to do or think. Something like this was new to him. He didn't want her parents to kick him out and stop him from ever seeing him again. He let go of her finding that his grip may have been a little tight.

Kerra heard movement by the door too. She sighed, going to go greet her family as they came in.

"Welcome home everyone! Come, I have a friend I would like you all to meet!" She ushered them into the room where Kon sat.

"Mom, Dad...This is a classmate of mine from school. Me and him are studying for our upcoming math test..."

They nodded, studying Kon a little bit and nodding.

"Wonderful Kerra! So glad you found a boyfriend! He's a keeper!" her mom clapped her hands together. Kerra went five shades of red as she waved her hands in front of her.

"No! No! It's not like that. We are just studying! Don't get the wrong idea!"

"Sure you are..." came a snide remark from her little brother. She scowled at him.
"Don't talk like your in a relationship! Your not old enough to have a girlfriend yet you brat! Besides, I already told you he is just a classmate..." She grabbed Kon and dragged him to her room.

"My parents are so idiotic...Ignore them...Ok then, shall we start studying?"

Kon rose with his tea cup still in his hand. His seemed to be a little distant and unapproachable with the way he stood. He seemed as though he were a sly fox caught in the dark, but knew it wouldn't matter cause his escape wouldn't rely on dashing between your legs. Kon didn't appreciate the feeling of Kerra's father studying him. It set him off a little but he didn't react. He still stood there a little distant.

But his form changed when the mother suddenly became the brightest welcome in the room. He felt as though the sun was burning him with heart bursting warmth. He wouldn't be able to scurry away back into the bushes now. He smiled a little with his eyes close, the sun was blinding him more than he thought. It hurt a little but he welcomed it.

He turned to Kerra, adoring her shade of red. He would have taken advantage of that if her parents weren't in the room. But he only poked fun and restated. "Did you hear that Kerra? I'm a keeper!" He grinned.

He then turned on the little brother to help take the embarrassment down a knotch. "If that were true, that means I'd be your brother in-law some day. I could get revenge for Kerra if you're mean to her." He gave a fake evil laugh. "Sure let's get back to studying."

It took a while, but Kon was gone by ten and left Kerra to sleep.

Kerra fell asleep before Kon left. She knew he would leave soon anyway and he most certainly did.

*Morning*

Kerra woke up to the smell of sausage and pancakes. Her parents sure knew how to make up their rudeness to her. They always did this in the morning right after they had teased her. It was their way of saying sorry, which Kerra still thought was a bit funny. She quickly got ready for school and headed downstairs to eat the delectable goodness that everyone called breakfast. She smiled at her parents cheesily.

"I'm sorry for doing that to you guys last night. It was just embarrassing in front of my new friend..."
"No...we are sorry Kerra. We shouldn't have done that to you. We were wrong in doing so. We hope you can forgive us..."

Kerra laughed as she piled a stack of pancakes on her plate along with 3 sausages.

"Already have! You didn't need to bribe me to do so" She laughed again before chowing down on breakfast. She ate it within 10 minutes and hurried back upstairs to brush her teeth. After that, she headed back downstairs where her parents were feeding her little brother and cleaning up their breakfast plates. She waved to them as she headed out the door. She was kinda hesitant about seeing Kon again for fear of dying with embarrassment of what her parents had teased her about last night, but Kon usually could take a joke, whereas she still kinda took everything too seriously. She needed to work on that. She headed back into her classroom, looking around for any sign of Kon.