To Hate A Dragon

I

Iliana

Original poster
I remember now. As I was free-falling through the air at a speed of 13 ft per second, it finally clicked. It took me so long to realize it, I almost laughed: I was terrified of heights.
That didn't matter anymore now. I was about to die. No, wait. Scratch that. I wasn't JUST about to die; I was about to be destroyed by much more than the ground that zoomed towards me. It was too late to scream, but I attempted to do it anyway.

"AIIIIEEE!" I screamed. I was actually proud of myself. That was a perfect scream. Absolutely flawless. What could I say? I was about to be destroyed, so I might as well enjoy the few joys in the tiny seconds of life I had left: by screaming at the top of my lungs. My peach hair whipped wildly across my reddened face as I plummeted towards Earth. "Wait...This can't be happening to me..."I thought. I was only an 18 year old girl, and I was very good at being one! "I didn't ask for this!" I thought, still screaming in reality. Who was I kidding...it was no use.

That is...until I gazed into the sky above me and saw him.

Well...it.

A large grey-ish mound flew towards me. I scowled. I wouldn't have been in that situation if it wasn't for it. The mound started to gather in speed and I could make it's details. It was royal blue, with 2 giant mustache-like forms protruding from its back. My eyes shut tight. That really wasn't the last thing I wanted to see before I went. A loud growl suddenly broke across the luminous sky and I opened my eyes again to see....a dragon.

The dragon, long, blue and angry, stared at me with its large green eyes. It's teeth were bared as it whipped its tail back and forth like a windshield wiper in the middle of a storm. Surrounding it were dragons just like it, all plummeting towards it. It swiveled its face toward me and blinked.

I continued to fall through countless clouds, but all the while, I returned the stare. Then, I did something I have wanted to do since I first encountered the beast.

I flicked him off.