2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
A little bit of everything so long as I can fit one of my existing characters into the RP
Boop

The sky was darkening as Seth walked down streets that were slowly becoming familiar. After the death of his best friend he had no choice but to move. It was not a difficult task to accomplish since he owned very few possessions. He had lived on the streets since running away from home at a young age and nothing had changed since.
he did not feel the eyes that followed him. Reaching a deserted part of town, as soon as he turned a corner he heard a noise from a few feet back. He shook it off as nothing and after taking a few more steps he heard the sound again. When he looked behind him there was nothing so he retraced his steps. Something did not feel right. As he was passing an alley a hand appeared and pulled him into the alley. Seth stumbled forward and a fist connected with his face, sending him falling to the ground. He wiped the blood from his lip before looking up and seeing two kids, one the guy from this morning.

"You think you are better than everyone? After we get done with you you will be lower than all those people you look down upon. You scum."

Seth had been paying too much attention to the guy speaking that he did not see the guy's friend come at him from the side. A grunt escaped him as the foot collided with his side. When the friend tried to do it again Seth grabbed his leg and pulled. The friend hit the ground hard and Seth stood up and faced the other guy.

The guy glanced at his friend who was dazed and then moved his eyes back to Seth. "You fucker. Get back on the ground." The guy threw a punch and Seth sidestepped, grabbed the guys hand, and twisted it behind him. Without a wasted second Seth slammed the guy's head against the nearest building, only hard enough to cause the guy to lose consciousness. He turned around and noticed the friend was not where he had fallen. Making a move to turn something cold and hard collided with his back. He collapsed to his knees, scraping one against the ground, and stared at the ground with eyes full of pain. He braced for another blow and it never came. Instead he heard a laugh. Anger washed over him and he slowly stood up and turned, eyes blazing.

ooc: I would run if I was that guy..mister emotions has snapped

bic:
Seth stepped forward, his face as cold and hard as the steel rod the friend held. A flicker of fear flashed on the friend's face and took a step back. Seth shook his head. Don't even try to run. The rod was swung toward his face and Seth grabbed the friend's wrist and backed him against the wall. His knee hit the friend's gut and he followed the guy to the ground, making a fist and hit the guy as hard as he could multiple times. He then picked up the rod and dealt a few blows to the guy. When the friend stopped moving (he did not kill him) Seth stood up and limped toward his hideout.

The sky was darkening as Seth walked down streets that were slowly becoming familiar. After the death of his best friend he had no choice but to move. It was not a difficult task to accomplish since he owned very few possessions. He had lived on the streets since running away from home at a young age, and nothing had changed since. The life suited him as he always managed to become top dog in this world of fist fights, drugs, and street rats. Respect was key and he demanded it.

He did not feel the eyes that followed him down the now dark streets. It was a deserted part of town, close to where he had made his new home. As soon as he turned a corner a scraping noise came from a few feet back. He shook it off as nothing, but after taking a few more steps the sound came again. When he looked behind him there was nothing so he retraced his steps; something did not feel right. As he was passing an alley a hand appeared and pulled him in. Seth stumbled forward and a fist connected with his face, sending him falling to the ground. He wiped the blood from his lip before looking up and seeing guys. One with long blonde hair and both young.

"You think you are better than everyone? That you can waltz your ass into this city and take control? After we get done with you you will be lower than all those people you look down upon. You scum."

Seth had been paying too much attention to blondie that he did not see the guy's friend come at him from the side. A grunt escaped him as a foot collided with his side. When the friend tried to do it again Seth grabbed his leg and pulled. The friend hit the ground hard, and Seth stood up and faced the blonde.

The guy glanced at his friend who was dazed and then moved his eyes back to Seth. "You fucker. Get back on the ground." The guy threw a punch and Seth sidestepped, grabbed the guys hand, and twisted it behind him. Without a wasted second Seth slammed the guy's head against the nearest building, only hard enough to cause the guy to lose consciousness. He turned around and noticed the friend was not where he had fallen. Making a move to turn something cold and hard collided with his back. He collapsed to his knees, scraping one against the ground, and stared at the concrete with eyes full of pain. He braced for another blow, but it never came. Instead he heard a laugh. What was so funny? Anger washed over him and he slowly stood up and turned, eyes blazing.

Seth stepped forward, his face as cold and hard as the steel rod the friend held. A flicker of fear flashed on the friend's face and took a step back. Seth shook his head. Don't even try to run. The rod was swung toward his face and Seth grabbed the friend's wrist and backed him against the wall. His knee hit the friend's gut, his fists dealt a few blows to the guy's face, and when he heard the rod fall to the ground he tossed the guy over to the blonde. Picking the blonde up with difficulty the friend left as quickly as possible.

Running his hands through his hair Seth stumbled out of the alley. Adrenaline was wearing away to be replaced by pain. His back felt like it was on fire, but that was not enough to explain why his body had become sluggish. Only when he looked down did he know the reason. A knife was sticking out of him. He had one last thought before falling unconscious: So that's what was so funny.

Last edited:
Kuro kept her head down as she walked along the gloomy streets of... Whatever it was this city had been called again. She didn't need to do this, considering the fact nobody could actually see or touch her, but the reaper hadn't completely let go of her past life, and teleporting took to much energy. Death had informed her of a new job in this mess of a city that would be a little different from her others, and Kuro had accepted it without thinking.

She had to watch over some mortal until he decided to die, that way she could collect his soul and leave. It seemed smiple but Kuro knew better then to think of any of her jobs as 'simple'. Death liked her too much to give her an easy job, she was the most well known (but not respected) reaper that he had raised, so he liked to give her tricky jobs.

As she passed a rather large man on a bench, who was eating a double cheeseburger, a slight tingle flowed through her arms and up to het chest. The blackette froze before turning her attention to the man, watching him eat for a moment longer before placing a hand on his shoulder.

His reaction was obvious, he began to cough, his body shaking violently before he collapsed to the ground, his little show having gotten a crowd. Kuro turned her head to the side to look at the man who know stood next to her, his face paled as he watched others swarm his body, "W-Why?"

The question was one Kuro had heard often, it's something you get asked a lot when you're a reaper, she just sighed, "Everybody has a time, some early then others, some later." She then tapped his shoulder and watched his body fade. Another reaper could lead him to the after life, she had another job to do.

Kuro began to walk again, following the slight buzzing that was still flowing through her arms, after awhile the reaper found herself stood in an alleyway, staring down at more then one body. Well... Her charge had gone down fighting at least.

She walk towards the male who caused the strange buzzing to go up her arms and knelt next to him, sighing slightly, "Well haven't you been fucked over, eh?" Of course he could hear her words so he couldn't laugh....

Or hit her.

Whatever worked for him.

Kuro stood up again and walked out of the alleyway, deciding to manipulate somebody so they would walk down the alley, find her charge and call an ambulance.

~~~ Time skip ~~~

Kuro didn't like hospitals when she was alive, she didn't like them when she was dead. But hey, her charge was now hooked up, knife removed and would probably freak out when he saw somebody leaning on the side of his bed who didn't look like a nurse or doctor.

Anybody who had walked into the room gave her no attention and now it was night, she was bored and was re-thinking why she had even took this job.

Seth opened his eyes only to close them the next second. It was a bright, blinding white. But how could that be? He had made sure to find a building to live on in a deserted street, just like at his old town. There should not be this much light, even during the day the rays would have a hard time penetrating through the boarded up windows. Something wasn't right. Opening his eyes, but slowly this time, the white haze gave way to a figure. As his vision cleared the figure took on a feminine shape. So that was why he was not at his home. He was in the house of some lucky woman. His lips curved up in a smile. "Hey." The word came out raspy.

That was not right. Even after a long night his voice should be fine. Placing his hand next to his side he tried to sit up. Pain laced through his body and he dropped back down with a silent scream. What the hell? His head turned from one side to the other as his eyes scanned the room. White walls--bright enough to be blinding even with it dark out. Clean floor. Machines hooked up to..him. Images from the night before flashed through his mind. The two guys attacking him, the laugh, fighting them off, and the knife. Someone had taken him to the hospital.

He turned to look at the girl. She wasn't a doctor or a nurse. And she also hadn't been sharing a bed with him. Narrowing his eyes he growled. "Did you bring me here?" Why would she do such a thing? He was a stranger and had not been on the most populated street. He could have taken care of himself. His fist clenched and his eyes widened as he realized something was missing. "My glove." Looking around the room again his eyes stopped at a table in the corner of the room. On the table sat more of a bracelet than a glove. In the middle was a metal skull attached to a piece of leather. Small chains came out of two sides of the leather. On one side the chains were attached to a piece of leather that would strap around the wrist. On the other they were attached to three pieces of leather that would go around a finger each; each piece of leather had a small metal spike. He looked up the girl, locking his eyes with hers. "Get me my glove."

Free-shipping-to-kill-matt-non-mainstream-fashion-gothic-bracelet-punk-skull-bracelets-bracelets-Japan-and.jpg

Kuro turned to face the male, watching him as he slowly began to put everything back together, she gave a sigh when he asked her (more like ordered) to give him his glove and pushed away from her leaning position, walking over to the side it was on. She picked it up and walked back over to him, tossing it onto his lap before falling down onto one of the chairs next to his bed, it looked old but didn't make a sound when she flopped down onto it. The female leaned back in her seat, scanning the male with her eyes before looking back up to meet his eyes, "I didn't bring you here hot stuff, couldn't of, considering the fact i'm dead an all. Somebody found you."

She chuckled slightly, shuffling into a more comfortable position, "Bet you're wondering who I am, eh? I'm gonna explain this quickly. I'm a reaper, my name's Kuro, you aren't going to survive for more then a few months, the doctors think you will but you won't. The only reason i'm here is so I can collect your soul once you finally kick the bucket... If ya know what I mean."

She stood up, brushing her hands through her long hair, "Oh, and another thing you should know, you're the only one that can see, hear and touch me, it is physically impossible for anyone else to be able to interact with me. Questions?"

Seth smiled triumphantly as he picked up the glove and put it on his right hand. It looked deadly but he had never used it as a weapon. Never would. The only way to fight fair was with fists. If someone else decided to use a weapon than so be it; they were still going down. When she spoke he looked up, seeing her eyes were on his. Was she for real? She was right in front of his eyes, clearly not dead. This chick was crazy, but he had to admit he was curious who she was. As she continued to speak he lifted an eyebrow. Yeah, she was more than crazy. She thought she was here to collect his soul after he died? That was funny in so many ways.

"I get it now." His look of disbelief was replaced with the look of triumph. "You must be one of those cosplayers. I can't say I know who you are trying to be--don't watch tv or read much--but I give you props for being so convincing. Even considering how that fight went down I won't die. You think a little knife wound will be the death of me?" He gave a small laugh. "Sorry Kuro, I have more reason to believe the doctors over you."

That did not explain the small nagging feeling in the back of his mind. If he really was fine then surely he should have been able to walk out of here. He closed his eyes for a moment before opening them and staring at Kuro with a blank face. "There is only one way I will be able to believe you. What happened to Drustan and where is he?" Drustan, his best friend he had killed in mercy with a simple break of the neck. He had no idea why his friend made him do it. He did know Drustan succeeded in killing Jack, and old friend of theirs. That did not seem enough though, so what other bad things had Drustan done? Perhaps he did not want to know, knowing his friend would not be in a better place.

Kuro frowned, she didn't expect him to believe her but it still bugged her that he didn't believe her. But then he asked about Drustan, and she cringed, "Oh... Him."

The raven hair female plopped down on his bed, which didn't even dip under her non-existing weight, "I honestly have no clue where he was sent, but I've heard of him. You must be the Seth that killed him right? Gonna say from what I heard he caused a huge commotion when he woke up in D's office..."

She suddenly clicked her fingers, "That's right! He works for Luci now... Nice guy, contrary to belief." She pushed a strand of hair to the side, leaning back, "and if that's isn't enough... Wanna see my necklace?"

She pulled a silver chair from around her neck, pulling it up to show the gemstone on the end that was in a silver dragon's mouth, the stone was glowing a bright blue and had clouds of darker blue floating in it, but what was slightly creepy about the necklace was the soft sound that came from it... Almost like whispers.

She let it drop back behind her shirt and leaned back on her palms, "Oh and if the knife won't kill you I will, we're low on reapers at the moment so managing who dies and when is a little hectic. But I have been informed that you have a couple of months, tops."

When she asked if he was the Seth that killed Drustan his eyes widened and filled with sadness and a pain that no wound could match. With those words how could he deny what she had said? He couldn't. "Nobody knows that." No living human at least. After taking a quick glance at the necklace Seth turned his head away as he took in everything Kuro had said before. He was to die in a few months. Even though it would be easy to accept what was to come, some part of him would never go down without a fight. Defiance was built into his very core. "I guess if I do die I will be joining Drustan." Why would his friend have made a big commotion when waking up..wherever it was? He had been so adamant to die. Was it possible he regretted that decision? Seth clenched his fists and closed his eyes tight. "If only I had been quicker showing up that night after his brother's death. I could have stopped that confrontation with Jack and everything would be different, better." He gave a dark laugh as he turned back to Kuro. "You probably have no idea what I am talking about."

Seth stayed quiet for a few moments as he slowly shook his head. He felt overwhelmed with thoughts and did not know which one to stop and think about. "If you are so low on reapers then why are you here babysitting me? I have a few months so shouldn't you be doing something useful? Or are you not good enough to do more than the mediocre tasks?" He knew what he said was harsh, but she had hurt him by the way she answered his question so his instinct was to strike back. If he had better control of himself he would have asked more useful questions such as: What happens after I die?

Kuro shrugged her shoulders, "Highly doubt you'll be joining him, like I said we're low on reapers, if anything Death'll turn you into one yourself. As for the commotion your friend caused, you try waking up surrounding by people and getting told you are gonna become the devil's assistant, wouldn't you freak out too?" She turned her gaze to glare at the wall, remembering her reaction after dying, she had punched somebody square in the face. The thought made her chuckle slightly.

Then he spoke again, this time sounding harsher then the last, Kuro growled and jumped into action her gaze snapping back to him as her eyes turned from green to purple, "Why am I here? Do you think I have a clue? I don't get a say in what I do and when I do it, Death wanted me here early, he makes the calls, so i'm early, life ain't all rainbows and sunshine. You honestly think I wanted to babysit you? Grow up, stop whining and act your fucking age."

She stood up then, walking over to the wall and leaning against it, turning her head away from Seth, "Now do me a favour and go to sleep, it's three in the morning and you're gonna get swarmed by nurses tomorrow. Plus, i'm sure you need your beauty sleep." Kuro sneered, not caring if she sounded like a bitch. Her eyes slowly turned from purple to green again as she tried to calm down.

He would not get to see his friend? Perhaps it was for the best. Seth narrowed his eyes at the next words. Obviously Death did not get the memo. He had never followed orders, not even as a child. "What makes Death think I will listen to him? I give orders, not take them." He tried to ignore the words about Drustan but his wall of defense was full of cracks. The friend he knew would have stayed calm, but the friend he knew was from years ago, and people change. Would he freak out? No, to freak out would mean to lose control of the situation, and that was something he learned not to do.

Her laugh caused his eyes to dart across his body. The last laugh he had heard was from that guy from the alley laughing at the knife jutting out of him. That fucker. After confirming he was fine (as fine as he could be in this situation) he looked back up but did not question. He did not care to know what would cause a reaper to laugh.

He listened as she snapped at him. When another male snapped it was best to knock them back into place, but when a female snapped it was best to listen. It both amused him and helped him gain a new respect for any woman who tells him off. He did not agree that she did not have a say in what she does. One always had a choice. If she did not find following orders from Death though then that was fine. He would not bring it up again. Seth had to admit though, he had no idea how to react to the 'act your age' line. It did sting, but perhaps he was a little hot headed.

He watched her as she walked to wall. Go to sleep? That was easier said than done. Ever since moving to this city sleep had not come easy. For as long as he could remember he had slept on a raggedy old couch. It had not been much but he had grown fond of it. To be in a bed did not feel right. It did not help it was a hospital bed. Instead he looked up at the ceiling and relaxed. After a few minutes he spoke two words. "I'm sorry."

Kuro sighed, "It's fine, no harm done. I understand that you're probably kinda... Confused? About the situation right now. Maybe even a little annoyed, but don't question Death. He doesn't like it." She slowly walked back over to his bed, taking a seat as she sighed.

She gave a small laugh, "So you're a rebel, eh? Heh, good luck to whoever needs to train you then. I lile to think of Death as an older brother, but technically he's old enough to be my great grandad but we won't go into that. He doesn't order without reason and sometimes following his orders is the best." The raven haired female covered her mouth as she yawned.

She slumped back down and hung her head, her hair covering her eyes, "Try relaxing, think of something that makes you happy." She muttered slightly before moving so she could curl up on the chair, letting out an annoyed sound, "ugh, these chairs are shit...."

Kuro become aware of another presence in the room and crained her head to look but she couldn't see anything. The reaper sighed before turning back around, "So... Tell me something about yourself Seth."

Seth frowned as he tried to decide what to say. "Yeah. It is a bit confusing." And he hated it. It was a situation he felt he had no control over. As for not questioning Death, well, that might prove to be too difficult. Death did not like to be questioned and Seth did not like following orders. It could make for an exciting meeting. Why should he listen to Death? It is not like he was going to get anything out of doing someone else's work.

"A rebel? I suppose so. Probably a good thing I never decided to join the military. I probably would not have agreed with a way something was done and been punished for it. Heck, maybe even defected." He removed his eyes from the ceiling and looked at Kuro. "If Death's reasons are good enough then maybe I will listen." He watched her curiously as she yawned, hand over mouth. Did reapers get tired and need to sleep? "I don't deserve happiness." Even with that thought running through his head he could not help but smile at her next words. "There is a really great couch in my old town. You should really try it out sometime."

He watched her turn her head as if to look at something. Following her gaze he saw nothing. By her reaction she did not see anything either. Her next question caught him off guard. Tell her something about himself? He paused a few seconds before answering. "I want to be a better person, and I have tried to be. I help old ladies if it looks like they are having a difficult time accomplishing a task and I give little kids the last of my money if they don't have enough to get an ice cream. That is not enough though. It does not seem to matter what I do. There always seems to be a darkness in me." His face seemed to turn to cold stone as he spoke, and only a few seconds after he quit speaking did it turn back to normal. "Anyway, what about you?"

Kuro smiled slightly, so he liked to help people? That was kinda cute... Wait what?

She looked kinda terrified at her own thoughts for a moment before her face returned to it's neutral look, "Something about me? Uh, well I died on the 21st of March and my body was thrown into a ditch and never found... Wait no that's depressing let me think." She bit her lip on thought, "well... I've always been into art, I still draw sometimes but it's not often, with my busy schedule and all..."

She slowly moved to sit back up, leaning her head back, "Everybody deserves happiness, sure we might not think we do, but there is always somebody who wants you to be happy. No matter if they're dead or alive..." Her lips tugged up slightly into a small smile.

"God i'm tired... It's been like a week since I last slept, job is really busy. On a plus side you can go just under a week without sleep, two weeks without water and four weeks without food. The joy of being a reaper." She gave a shrug.

As he watched her facial expressions his mouth twisted up in amusement. "Did you like something I said?" His face did not stay that way long as he took in her words. His face took on a dark and dangerous look. "You were murdered?" His fists clenched and he looked as if he were going to stand up and go after the killer, not even knowing if the killer was alive or already dead. When she spoke about art he registered none of what she said. Whatever Kuro had done while alive surely was not reason enough for someone to kill her.

"I don't believe everyone deserves happiness." Especially the brute that left your body in ditch. She had to have had a family so it was not fair for someone to do that. What reason could they have possibly had? He closed his eyes and tried to calm himself of the anger. "You should sleep. Neither of us are going anywhere so we can talk later."

((My last message to you is kinda pointless because she tells Seth what happened here, wow i'm dumb))

Kuro sighed, "Yeah, my fault really, I lived in a dangerous town and knew not to get involved if somebody was getting attacked or in this women's case harassed, they were gonna rape her and I guess I just snapped. I was 17, tried taking on three big buff guys at once like an idiot, one managed to shoot my leg after I got his friend down, I got stabbed in the stomach and chest several times and eventually choked to death on my own blood because he managed to stab my right lung. They dumped my body in a ditch..." She clenched her teeth, trying to fight off the pain from the burning she could feel in her chest.

She sighed softly and tilted her head back again, "Few people don't deserve it, the three twats that murdered me deserved their end... Well, one of them's still alive. Mark Howards, he was the one that actually killed me, he delivered the final blow, turns out he's some rich big shot now. Richard got hit by a truck and died in hospital and Jean was found in his apartment having overdosed on heroine and something else."

The raven haired female shut her eyes, sighing, "You should get some sleep too, you're the one actually hooked up to the machines not me..." She chuckled slightly before feeling herself doze off.

Seth shook his head. How could she think it was her fault? "You did the right thing. Dangerous town or not three on one is an unfair fight. Plus, if a guy can't get a girl with his looks or charm then he doesn't deserve to call himself a man. Rape is low, even many criminals will tell you that. Take prison for instance. It may be full of people who have done bad things, but it has its own hierarchy, and in most cases inmates who have raped will not be treated well by the other inmates, and depending on who was killed murder is even lower on the list." He put his hands behind his head, trying to get more comfortable. "If I ever get the chance this Mark guy is not going to be a happy guy. Plus, I am suppose to die anyway so whatever happened after dealing with Mark wouldn't matter."

Not thinking he would be able to sleep he just nodded his head, but after an hour he dropped into deep slumber. After a few hours the sound of footsteps woke him. Remember that the white walls were bright he slowly opened his eyes. He had not noticed it last night (trying to sit up being an exception) but his back and stab wound hurt. His eyes looked up to see a nurse walking toward him, syringe in hand. What did she plan on doing with that?

"Pain medicine." She explained, reaching toward his hand.

Seth moved his hand away, a snarl appearing on his face. "Don't you dare." He watched the nurse take a step back and her face turn to confusion. "I don't need it. Now get out." She took another step back but did not make a move to leave the room. "I said get out!" The command was louder and this time the nurse scurried out of the room. She probably would not want to come back but then they would send a less skittish nurse. He ran his hands over his face and through his hair as his muscles relaxed. Fuck.

Kuro woke up when she heard Seth yelling, standing up and stretching as the nurse backed up, passing right through the reaper without noticing, god that felt weird.

She shuddered as the nurse left the room and Kuro shrugged before taking a seat on Seth's bed, poking his cheek. Her touch was too cold to be that of a normal human but it left warmth in it's wake. She grinned, "Well I can tell the hospitals gonna love you, hate syringes or something?"

The raven haired female asked, leaning back on her hands as she swung her legs over Seth's. It was an odd feeling, like he could feel her low body heat but there wasn't any weight on his legs.

"Well isn't he the adorable one! Gotta say you got lucky this time Kuro." A blonde female with blue eyes and a curvy body stood next to the window, her plump lips pulled up into a grin.

"Lilith, hey. What do you want?" She asked the blonde, displeasure laced her words. The blonde sighed and walked forward.

"Death sent me to get you. Also, you do realise you're talking to yourself right?" The blond grinned, "Your charge can't see or hear me. You look crazy."

Kuro gave a sigh, "Yeah I guessed as much, so what if I look crazy. Anyway, Seth I need to pop out for a bit, boss wants to see me." She turned her attention her charge, looking away from the blonde reaper who teleported out of the room.

Seth looked over as someone poked him, spotting Kuro sitting on the bed. It had felt strange, not like any touch he had felt before. "Syringes I don't mind. I would just rather not have the pain medicine." He twitched his nose at the thought of having that injected into him. It was like saying he was weak. "Maybe the staff will kick me out and I can go die at my own place." It would be better than dying in a hospital but the problem would be getting to his place. He couldn't even sit up yesterday, and it would be worse today if he tried.

His eyes widened as she swung her legs over his. What did she think she was doing? It took him a moment to realize there was no weight, only a slight warmth. The warmth was enough. He watched her sit on him, not realizing his mouth was open slightly. The clock ticked a few seconds before he quickly turned his head away and crossed his arms over his chest. He started mumbling to himself, not realizing he was speaking the same time as Lilith. "What kind of sick joke is this. I am dying and won't even get one last night with a girl. And then she goes and-" He looked back towards her when she asked a question. What did she think he wanted? It did not take a genius to.. Wait, Lilith? After a closer look it was clear Kuro was not talking to him, but nobody else was in the room. At least nobody he could see. "Yeah, sure. I will be here. Not like I can go anywhere to fix my current problem, thank you very much."

Kuro raised an eyebrow at him, shaking her head with a chuckle. She leaned forward to poke Seth's cheek again, a grin on her pale lips, "Oh hush complaining, you know you look like a little kid like when you do that. On second thought keep the look, it's actually very adorable."

And like that Kuro had just vanished, the warmth staying for a few seconds after.

~~

Kuro sighed as she appeared in the middle of a large room that looked like a meeting room. The walls were dark grey and the carpet was a bright crimson colour. A long black table took up most of the room, chairs tucked under it neatly.

Kuro's eyes landed on a tall figure who was stood gazing at a painting on the walk of the meeting room, "You wanted to see me?"

Death turned to face Kuro, he was a very tall man, dressed in a black suit with a red tie, his eyes had dark circles under them and were sunken in slightly and his lips were always in the form of a frown. He looked old and the sleeked back grey hair on his head added to his elderly look, but he still held a look of power and wisdom.

"Kuro, we have an important matter you must know about." Death took a seat as Kuro leaned against the table, "something has been killing reapers."

She froze up and her eyes grew wide, "W-What!? That's impossible reapers can't die!" She had taken a few steps towards her boss, who's face didn't change from his frown.

"Something is killing us, we have others trying to find out what this thing is but as of now it is unknown. I thought it would be best if you were told of the danger you're in. Kyla you are dismissed."

For once Kuro didn't lash out at being called by her birth name, she just nodded numbly and left the room, teleporting back to the hospital.

~~~

The timezones were different, so two hours had passed by the time Kuro finally teleported back into Seth's room, she sat down and sighed, "B-Back..."

Seth let out a huff as she left, too annoyed to care that she had just vanished and not walked out. Adorable? What was he? A puppy? It is not like she had this problem, and even if she did at least she could move. How long was she going to be anyway? It would be boring without someone to talk to. It was strange to think that since he had been alone most his life, but there was something about hospitals he hated, and talking made the time go faster.

As if on cue a dark skinned nurse walked in. He gave her the same snarl he had given the other nurse. It had worked last time so he hoped it would this time, but that was doubtful. She put her hands on her hips and frowned at him.

"I don't think Lisa deserved that and I feel you should apologize, but I can't tell you what to do. I am here to make sure you are doing ok though. I have some pain meds, but if you want them or not is your choice, honey. You will at least let me check your vitals?"

He thought it over before replying. "Sure, but bring those pain meds anywhere near me and I can't promise things will end well." She shook her head and he watched her closely as she took his temperature and pulse. It was hard to trust anyone he did not know, but there were exceptions to every rule. The nurse was not one of those exceptions.

Once she was done she released a sigh. "You have a real attitude, you know that? Your vitals seem fine at least. You need anything else? Anything to eat or drink?"

Seth gave an unfriendly smile as he answered. "I doubt you have the type of drink I am wishing for." He watched her give another shake of her head and leave the room. She probably would have like to ask more question about his health but felt dealing with him would have been too difficult at the moment. She was right. His answers may have been helpful, but they would have been far from friendly. He closed his eyes as he waited for Kuro.

It was another hour and a half before Kuro returned. He had slept for a few minutes and the rest of the time stared at the ceiling. As he took in her appearance he gave her a questioning look. Something seemed wrong. His dark blue eyes met her green. "What happened?"

Status
Not open for further replies.