To Be In Love

Thorn laughed lightly. "Thank you! And this salad. It's amazing. All thanks to you." He said with a crooked grin. Some would say that his comments were flirtatious. Thorn just didn't think that way. He hoped. He popped a piece of green pepper in his mouth, smiling gently.

And Tori, being the modest girl she is, blushed a bit again and giggled. "Oh.~ Don't give me all the credit," she said rubbing the back of her neck a bit before eating a bit of the salad. Seasoned just right and crunchy. She really liked it and the dinner itself. She glanced over at the TV which was still going at a low volume. She then began to hum a song that she and Freya were singing whilst watching TV without realizing it.

It came out of his mouth before he could even think about what he was saying. Why did he say it? He wasn't sure yet. "Are you dating anyone currently?" Why? Why did he say it? He was kicking himself for saying it but tried to not let it show. He looked across the table at the girl with a soft smile on his lips.

Tori seemed a bit surprised at the question. She stopped mid salad fork spin and looked up at Thorn, blushing a little more noticeably. "Oh?" she began. "U-um....no?"

Stupid. Stupid. Stupidstupidstupid.

"Oh. I was just wondering who I was pulling you away from so often." He said with a small laugh.

Stupidstupidstupidstupid.

He cleared his throat gently and cut into his chicken.

Thorn hadn't been with anyone since Freya's mother, Stephanie. He had thought that she was the love of his life. Until she left. Both of them. It hurt knowing that she had left him, but it kill him knowing she had left Freya.

"Oh, I see," Tori said with a nervous chuckle. "Only one, really, is my cat Ribbon," she looked back up to Thorn. "And even then, she wouldn't miss me, she'd be asleep or just watching outside from the windowsill. Ten bucks she's gonna be doing either or once I get back.~" Tori began to chuckle lightly and eat more of the chicken and salad.

Tori was beginning to feel a little...nervous? awkward? She couldn't find the right word for this situation, but she surely did feel some uneasiness. And she couldn't tell if it was for the good or for the bad.

Thorn laughed lightly at the story about her cat. He had never had a pet of his own. Not that he didn't want one... Just that he wasn't sure if he could keep it alive. However, if he could keep a little girl alive, a pet would probably be no problem.
"Thanks for all your help, Tori. You've been amazing the last few weeks. I don't know what I would do without you... Actually... I'd probably be sending Freya to some over priced day care in town. Which... I don't much care to do." He smiled softly at her and then looked down at his plate after taking the last bite of his salad.

Smiling warmly, Tori nodded. "You're very welcome," Tori kind of chuckled at the last bit as she used to be a volunteer at a daycare. It was...questionable, even though the children were nice and calm for the most part, the prices and what they had to play with...Ehhhh, not so much. "I think you're making a wise choice in not sending her to a daycare," she said chuckling a bit as she finished her chicken.

((We need something.))

Thorn shrugged lightly. "I didn't see a choice really." It was then that he heard Freya cry out. It was merely seconds before Thorn was on his feet and wandering up the stairs. He came to her room and opened the door, allowing some hallway light to creep into his daughter's room. "Hey, baby girl. What's got ya down?" He purred to the girl, scooping her up in his arms.

Looking down at Freya, it was easy to see who the girl belonged to. There was so much of Thorn in her and yet so much Steph... all at the same time. Her big blue eyes were Thorns but her round nose was Steph's. Her dark hair was Thorn's but her thin lips were Steph's.

"Daddy... I'm sirsty." She whined.

He smiled and held her close. "Let's get you some water."

"Okay." Freya agreed.

With that, Thorn walked out of the room, Freya in his arms. He walked down the stairs and into the kitchen again, walking past Tori.

Tori heard Freya cry and jumped a bit. "Oh?" She watched Thorn go and get Freya. When he came back with her, Tori smiled. "Hey, Freya.~" she whispered softly to her.

Freya reached out towards Tori. "Tor-Tor!" She called out excitedly. Thorn stopped and then turned towards Tori. He almost forgot that she was there. It seemed to him that when he baby girl was distressed in some way, she was the only one there.

Putting Freya down, he let her run off to meet Tori. "Up." She insisted, lifting her arms up.

"I'll get water. Do you want anything else, Tori?" Thorn asked her before stepping into the kitchen.

"No thank you," Tori said to Thorn. She looked down at Freya and smiled warmly. Freya was just so adorable to Tori. She picked up Freya and sat her on her lap. "Hey there, Freya.~ Did you have a good rest?"

Freya shrugged. "I guess so. I'm sirsty though!" She exclaimed with wide eyes. Thorn came back with a plastic cup of water. He stopped slightly in the door way. Seeing Tori was Freya made him realize just how beautiful this girl was. She was breathtaking, really. A vision of patience and kindness. A smiled softly and continued into the living room, placing the plastic cup infront of Tori and Freya. "There you go, baby girl. Drink up. You can't be up all night."

"You're thirsty? Here, daddy just got your water for you," Tori said to her as Thorn got the cup of water. She held it up to Freya. "Here you go, little girl.~" She brought the cup closer to Freya, letting her drink from it.

Freya took the glass in her small hands and sipped from it, swallowing the cool water happy. Thorn smiled gently at his daughter and then looked up at Tori and gave her a different sort of smile. He really couldn't help it. There was just something about Tori with Freya that he absolutely loved. When Freya finished her water, she put the cup down on the table and looked up at Tori. "All Done!" She exclaimed.

Tori glanced at Thorn a bit and couldn't help but blush at his smile. She smiled back warmly and then looked to Freya. "You're done?" she asked her, taking the cup from Freya and cuddling her a bit. "Good girl," she said whilst smiling.

Freya threw her arms around Tori's neck and hugged her. "I'm ready to go back to bed now, Tor-tor..." She said, hinting that she wanted to be taken back to bed by Tori.

Thorn laughed and shook his head. "What am I, chopped liver?" He said with a laugh.

"Daddy... that's gross."

Thorn gave another laughed and then smiled. "Could you take her, Tori?" He asked her.

Tori giggled at the two and stood up with Freya in her arms. "Heheheh, lets go to bed then, Freya." She smiled and starts to walk up the stairs. "Say goodnight to daddy, Freya.~"

"Nigh-Night Daddy!" She said obediently. She waved half-heartedly and then rested her tired head on Tori's shoulder, yawning softly.
Thorn sighed and watched them go. He had never felt this way towards the babysitter before. And now, he wasn't completely sure what came over him.

Tori smiled and petted Freya's head softly. "Hmm.~" she began to hum her a lullaby all the walk to Freya's room, it was the soft tune she had heard whilst watching T.V. this morning that Freya really liked. Once she reached Freya's room, she lay her in the bed and tucked her in. "Night night, sweety," she said smiling warmly to Freya. Taking care of Freya was like taking care of the little sibling she never had. Or, even further, the child she never had. Then again, she never had a child, and didn't think she would have a child any time soon. Either way, it was quite a joy to take care of Freya.