Titles are hard, but let's do it live.

S

Shifty Ranger

Original poster
Hey guys!

My name is Shifty Ranger, but feel free to call me Shifty. Heard about this site a long time ago, decided to hop in on a whim and take a peek about.

A little about me, I'm an absolute dork. I've been writing since middle school, having gotten into roleplaying as a young 'un with the old Cortex RP custom games from Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2. From there, I've bounced through several mediums. MMOs, TTRPGs, instant messengers, and a couple forums throughout the web.

As far as the things I like go, I've got interests all over the place. Books and stories, video games of all kinds of flavors, board games and card games, I couldn't list a clear favorite among any of those categories even if an intimidating man in a dark room was threatening my poor knees with a Boston accent. However, the genres that I love the most are likely science fiction or fantasy of just about any variety. I'm not much of a fan of modern stories, considering that I prefer exploring settings that I can't see in my own life, but I'm sure I can be convinced if someone wants to try~

As conversation pieces, I'll try to list some of the media or settings that have most influenced me when it comes to writing. Feel free to give me a shout or a poke, I don't bite! Unless you ask nicely.

Fantasy: Dungeons and Dragons, Warcraft, League of Legends (The game has a surprisingly robust lore, it's the truth!) Dark Souls, Dragon Age.
Modern: World/Chronicles of Darkness (I'm a Werewolf the Apocalypse-kind of guy, though I've enjoyed Beast the Primordial and Changeling the Lost.)
Science Fiction: Mass Effect, Star Wars, Halo, Awaken Online (Ongoing series of books by Travis Bagwell.) Titanfall.

I look forward to talking and writing with you lovely folks! I'm excited to find a place in this community. Until later~
-Shifty Ranger

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the family fellow Dragon Age fan! I hope you make tons of friends and write plenty of amazing stories together 💗
Based on your interests, I don't think you'll find any trouble fitting in~

Appreciate the welcome, and certainly approve of your taste in setting! Dragon Age is a damn fine universe, and one that's almost criminally underused for storytelling.

Shifty, huh? Welcome to the site dear! It's always great to see a new face here. A even better, just look at that detailed intro! I literally started about... eight years ago(?) right here on Iwaku through a different account entirely, stayed around for five or so years, and slowly backed away from here, over to discord.

Give or take a year and a half ago, I believe, I just disappeared altogether from here and had hardly any presence on discord, due to a multitude of personal reasons, but decided to come back, because I really missed this place. I really do hope you enjoy your stay here! There's many things which can help people of all writing levels refine their writing even further. A few character sheets, a setting template or two, and loads of great people. The staff is made up of some pretty amazing people, so if you have any big questions, a safe bet for an answer that exceeds expectations lies with them.

Wlecome to IwakuRoleplay, I hope you enjoy your stay, and if nothing else, I hope to enjoy some of your writing from time to time!

Reactions: Shifty Ranger
Boy, do I feel that about backing away for personal reasons. Sometimes, you're ready to be all-in and write every day for months on end. Other times...Well, personal health always has to come first. Glad you've opted to come back to a place that makes you happy, however!

I'll certainly take some time and look into all the things to do around here. Who knows, maybe something will catch my fancy pretty quick. I'll certainly have to peek through and see where the fun is.

Thank you for the warm welcome, finally! I'll try to live up to your hopes, and put on a good show.

Greetings fellow Mass Effect fan!

You are going to love it here, I'm looking forward to seeing you around!

giphy.gif

Ah, I miss my League days.

Anyway, welcome to Iwaku, Shifty! I hope you enjoy your time here.

Lovely to be here! It's awesome to see people from all different kinds of fandoms already, and all coming together to welcome me quite warmly.

Thanks for making me feel so welcome, folks.

• Love
Reactions: Bubs and Ardent
@Shifty Ranger that's what we want to hear while you're here! Super happy to see that you've found so many different people, varieties of fandoms and more! I would like to formally welcome you to the site, as well.

Please if you ever find yourself in need of some help and support! Don't hesitate to contact us, moderators and admins. We're here to make your time on the site pleasant and enjoyable. Look forward to seeing you around the sight. Enjoy your time. c:

Don't worry, I won't be a stranger if there's something I need or if I've got a question. I'll try to make sure it's for something incredibly simple, so that everyone can have a good laugh at the end at my expense :P

• Haha
Reactions: Bubs
We all have those questions trust me! 😅 I've always got weird questions or something simple needing answered. Sometimes/a lot of the time. I just can't think of the answer. So, I need the clarification.

I've been through that plenty of times! Mostly to the effect of "Where is this item in the cabinet?" "Have you tried looking directly in front of your face?" "I don't see it, where is it?" "It's RIGHT THERE."

Everyone has skills. Unfortunately, mine do not include finding the button labeled "do this thing you want to do."

• Haha
Reactions: Bubs