Titanfall: Ghost Platoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
(>^O^<) Cookies! Anyway, I like the ogre just because it suits me. But, perhaps I should go stryder, to try something new. And then maybe the chain gun...Decisions, decisions.

Lol thanks hotpaint. I hope I make an adequate co-gm. And as for mechs...stryder ftw ^^. I feel like everyone should go with what they want. No reason to put yourself with something you dont like just to be original.

Not really that. I'm just closing myself to all the other possibilities and focusing on one. I mean, if I don't like it, wouldn't be that hard to change. Not as though it would require a whole thread of its own to grow used to it.

allright folks. Are you prepared for titanfall. Cause it's on it's way. I didn't go into too much detail about The Ghost, But it is the largest Frigate in the Militia fleet and the IMC fleet. From here, We are free to create the inside. With the help of YOU the players. We will make this a trully unuiqe ship and a powerfull one to boot. Also, I have a suprise for those of You who think the Spectres are fucking cool, and It's my own uniuqe way of bringing the Burn cards into the RP ^__^ Be preapared to go OOOOH! Ahhhh! ^__^

Reactions: Dunruffle
Hell yeah. This'll be awesome. And spectre's are pretty cool, so I'm curious what you have in mind.

So we're free to begin posting in the thread, now that its up?

Okay, just thought it wise to check. I'll have a post in a couple of minutes.

Dunruffle, lonewolf, you're free to post in the IC whenever you're ready.

Hey there! I'm new to this site, but I found this threat on the web and thought it interesting! Mind if I join in?

Name: Sam Garner

Height: 180 cm

Weight: 84 kg

Appearance: Sam has dark brown hair, full, deep-set green eyes and bushy eyebrows that follow the natural curve of his round forehead. His face is oblong with a strong, set jaw, his nose is broad and rounded, and his lips are thin and always split in a cheeky, friendly smile. His hair has been cut very short, revealing larger than average ears. Generally he has a well-proportioned head.

His body is lean and muscular with taut muscles stretching like wires underneath his golden-brown skin.

Callsign: "Jester"

Personality: In every platoon there is always this one guy who, to the apparent dismay or joy of the others, is always in a good mood, always being cheeky and always making jokes. Sam is that guy. He is the squad comedian, sometimes being genuinely funny and other times entertaining no one but himself. He seems to cope well with the constant pressure of war, but whether his behavior is just a defensive mechanism is not clear. He is fiercely loyal to his comrades, and gets his tasks done. He is among some of the youngest soldiers in the militia, and tries to live up to the expectations of his seniors, but he is exposed to error due to his young age.

Sry folks But I'm back! And Wanderer, I'll accept your character on two accounts

1. I like the character's name, But I'd appriciate it if You'd change your character's Callsign. They are usually given by a commanding officer or the other's in the group, and Jester, isn't a usual callsign. It, Just doesn't feel right. I can't explain it any better sry!

2. We already have a more comicle character. So If you could change him up abit or add a little bit more to him that would be great, because having two joker's would just be . . . annoying . . . or maybe . . . no it would be annoying ^__^

I might reconsider his personality traits, but calling my callsign invalid without a real explanation is just silly. From what I can tell, all your other callsigns reflect the personality of your character; "Hero" to the bold, "Frosty" to the cold and introvert, etc etc. So"Jester", being the definition of a joker or merrymaker, would definitely fit my character, regardless of the fact that it may not be as stereotypical in a military as your average "Wolf", "Hero", "Savage", and what other kind of callsigns you relate to.

Callsigns are usually just nicknames randomly thought up by platoon members. I've even heard accounts of a soldier with the callsign "Alphabet", because his last name was incredibly long ;-)

I can see why it would be beneficial for the roleplay if the character types are evened out a bit, but if you want me to change the character, please inform of what positions are still open. I don't want to create another character, just to see him trashed by the "no-more-than-one"-rule!

Reactions: 2 people
I understand your concern. We would be happy to have you I just think Hotpaint's point didnt come across clearly. I think what she was meaning was that since we already had a light hearted character, if you changed yours but still called him jester it would be slightly odd. And yes callsigns are assigned by squadmembers based on experiences in real life. But for the purpose of the rp it would be easier if the callsign easily distinguished your character in some way. I hope I have cleared up any concerns. If not please let me know since I am co-gm and I will gladly address them.

If that is the case, then I understand Hotpaint to a degree. Having a character with a callsign that does not embody his personality, or just relate to some other part of him, either physically or psychologically, would be odd. As for creating another character, I've worked something up that I hope will work.

Name: First Sergeant Sam Garner

Height: 180 cm

Weight: 84 kg

Appearance: Sam has dark brown hair, full, deep-set green eyes and bushy eyebrows that follow the natural curve of his round forehead. His face is oblong with a strong, set jaw, his nose is broad and rounded, and his lips are thin and always split in a cheeky, friendly smile. His hair has been cut very short, revealing larger than average ears. Generally he has a well-proportioned head.

His body is lean and muscular with taut muscles stretching like wires underneath his golden-brown skin.

Callsign: "Mapcap" or "Lefty"

Personality: Sam is an uncomplicated guy whose general demeanor is amiable. He rarely gets on somebody's nerves or becomes agitated by others; he likes to keep a neutral and seemingly indifferent attitude toward conflicts. He seems to just focus on his job as a soldier. He is bold and reckless, sometimes putting his life on the line when it could be avoided. He seems to cope well with the constant pressure of war, but whether his behavior is just a defensive mechanism is not clear. He is fiercely loyal to his comrades, and gets his tasks done. He is among some of the youngest soldiers in the militia, and tries to live up to the expectations of his seniors, but he is exposed to error due to his young age.

I have two callsigns in mind for this character, so you can choose between either one.

Madcap he would have gotten because of his sometimes reckless behavior. Lefty he would have gotten because he has gotten his left ringfinger shot off on during combat.

Wow, I created an account just to join this. So six players is the limit right? And I know it might seem like I'm new to this stuff, but I'm not, I've been on other sites this one just happened to catch my attention.

Hmm...the GM has internet probs but idk where she went. As for everyone else....no clue

Hello everyone. I informed my co-gm, and he informed you all in a sense but I felt I owed you all an explanation. Where I live, My cable is horendously unreliable often ending in me going days without internet to my dismay. Ontop of that I work almost everyday from exactly noon to midnight as a manager at a grocery store. Do to that it is hard for me to post when I want too. As of right now I am currently working out a way to fix this, and I am trully dorry for the inconvienence. I am trying to solve all the problems as fast as possible. But as of right now, I am very unreliable hence my co-gm. Now as for what I have planned for the rp, I am partnering up with another Rp group who will playing on the IMC side and will be our nemisis in a sense. I hope you all respect them and be as kind with them as you are with each other in the mean time. I ask that you be patient with me as I amn trully working as hard as I can to solve the problems. Thank you for your understanding and I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

Yup. I'll be leading the IMC group. 6 players including me. Any who didn't make it here in time for the Militia (PumpkinKing, I think, and anyone else I'm missing) feel free to join the IMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.