INTEREST CHECK [Timed][Word Count][Interaction][Freedom of Character Choice][Interested?]

L

Lucille

Original poster
Battle It Out
====================

I'm a bit wary of saying such things, but I'll let it fly for now.

PRIZES: Bragging rights, creative abandon

SETTING: A large, domelike structure that changes internally every once and a while to keep things interesting. There is no way out.
EXAMPLES OF THINGS IT MAY TURN INTO:
- Grasslands
- Underwater laboratory
- Spaceship
- Quiet park
- Ancient Rome
- Present-Day Rome
- Basically any location

SHORT VERSION

1. The time limit is ten minutes. Use it wisely.

2. The goal is to produce as many words as possible in a post while battling it out against another character(s).

3. The restrictions are:
- it must make contextual sense
- "ha ha ha" = one word, sorry
- hyphenated words = one word

- you can't have already written any of this

4. There can be an unlimited amount of players, but the responses will be in turns
- if a player is absent, his or her turn will be skipped

5. Please send in your character sheets to me.

Isn't this gray font exciting?

THE LONG(ISH) VERSION

The time limit was originally five minutes for writing, five minutes for reading: ten minutes total. It is still a total of ten minutes, but you can spend that time however you wish. Skimming is recommended for the slower readers.

There is no maximum limit on players, but there will be a set of turns by which the players MUST abide, or they risk disqualification. The minimum number of players posting in a single roleplay is two (which makes sense, really).

People post by a turn system: Player A is followed by Player B who is then followed by Player C... it's a first-come, first-serve basis.
HOWEVER.
If a player is absent, his turn is skipped. He has to wait until it is his turn to post again in the following round.

It should go without saying, but ZERO - and I mean ZERO - attempts at ultra-mega-super-crush-all-characters kind of people, okay? That's not fair to the other players, and being all-powerful can be kind of boring. You don't have to tell anyone else your weaknesses, but at least HAVE them (... and show them on the character sheet).

YOU CAN AVOID DISQUALIFICATION by failure to post if you provide a legitimate reason for not posting for such-and-such length of time. Please provide the reason atleast half an hour in advance.

Can moderators play?
Sorry, but no. Too complicated, it can get unfair... just trying to avoid drama.

If you're running low on space in a post, simply split it into two posts. Copying-and-pasting via Microsoft Word may be the best way to go.

SO WAIT HOW DO PEOPLE WIN?

My good sir, don't shout.

The winner is found by process of elimination. Each time a player steps out of his or her character's boundaries, they are disqualified. Simply stay within the boundaries you set for yourself.

Oh, and you have to increase your own word count with each post. Failure to do so will result in
disqualification.

WHAT AM I LOOKING FOR?

1. Moderator (preferably two)
- they bring questionable cases to the judge's attention

2. Judge (to make the final decision)
- I will act as the judge in most cases, but I will need someone to fill in sometimes

3. Players!

Sample Character Sheet (YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN IF YOU WANT!)
Developed so you can easily refer to it if you get stuck... remember, this IS timed!

Basics

Name:
Good traits:
Bad traits:
Powers:
"Weaknesses":

Personal

Perspective on life:
Am I eco-friendly?:
I'm Good At:
I'm Bad At:

Family Life
Mother:
Father:
Children:
Other Relatives:
Pets:

Anything else?:

You can PM me the sheet or post it below for everyone to see.

Please just post a "Hey, I'm joining!" if you want to participate.

Suggestions are welcome!

Good luck to all!