Time to Break the Chains OOC

It all depends on if this is taking the scientific approach, or the supernatural approach, to the supernatural beings. Ie vampires being immune to UV light but not sunlight vs both being harmful.

I'm not going to make a character until I find out what races the creator wants to allow.

I dunno, do whatever you want, it is a jump in roleplay.

Seems fair

@Varachni
I think that is to many weaknesses, it makes the vampires to easily killed.

I'm hoping it's not too late to join!

Name- Chris "Dread" Redding

Age- 25

Race- Human (Skilled)

Gender- Male

Appearance- 6'3" long brown hair usually tied in a pony tail, blue eyes, slim but muscular.

Personality- Has a very calm and cool way about him. He's really smooth, and never really shows emotion

Bio-Dread was born only shortly before both of his parents were slottered by an unknown being. He was never found by the killer(s) but was later, that day found crying on the cold ground by an elfin vigilante. He wad raised, trained, and loved by the vigilante and his family.

When Dread reached the age of 16 he set off on his own with money he could only salvage and weapons his adopted father made for him. Dread kept his hair over his ears so he wouldn't be questioned to be a Human. After establishing a name for himself as a vigilante, assassin, and bounty Hunter he revealed his race as a human by simply, tying his hair into a pony tail in front of thousands and thousands of people who supported his cause. Most became immediate enemies and some stayed loyal. However none had the courage to confront him about it. In anger a gang of Lycans successfully ravaged, raped, and smothered his family overnight. His vigilante father died fighting, but was no match for so many Lycans at once at such short notice and with virtually no weapons. After Dread discovered this dark and horrible truth he set out to get revenge in anyway he could. He now roams around as a nomad looking desperately for a rebellion of any race to fight with him.

(Sorry about any bad writing. I'm on my phone plus I'm extremely tired, but I desperately wanted to join this as soon as possible. I'll respond tomorrow.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like a bit more realism. I totally want the humans to be underdogs (no pun intended there) but I don't want them to be ants before demi-gods. Would vampires fall into that category too, or would they be more traditional?

Yeah Ursathropes (totally dig that name) I believe originated in DnD. But I was playing Skyrim and they have them in the DLC pack. So I was like....let's do that!

Also are we doing elves and dwarves too? We have a character sheet above whose rave is half elf, and Grumpy is playing a dwarf. I thought we weren't doing other races like that.

Lastly, what if we went with just sunlight allergy, garlic, and stake to the heart? Or perhaps decapitation as well?

@TwiztdxRaven I don't think you need @TemraV to post before you. However, she would need to post before you or I could post again I think!

Reactions: TwiztdxRaven
I think decapitation should kill any race. Though decapitating a vampire or werewolf would require great physical strength, and decapitating races like Elves would require great skill or luck. (As elves are generally accepted to be faster and stronger than humans.)

I do agree about not having dwarves and elves though, they're more of a fantasy line than a supernatural line of creatures, like giants, dragon, trolls, and Eragon.

Reactions: Digi-Guy
Oh and in response to the weaknesses making vampires too easy to kill, Vampires make up for their weaknesses with their many powers. Heightened senses, able to hypnotize others by eye contact, increased strength, speed, almost impenetrable skin (and when merely injured they regenerate quickly anyway), ability to turn into a bat (or as this new Dracula Untold movie shows, many bats), immunity to infection, and improved reflexes. Also some variations give them flight while in human form, and/or the ability to recover if the stake is removed from their chest unless their body is burned, and sometimes minor telekinesis (like closing doors).
Oh, and another good ol' vampire weakness, deadman's blood! It's a pretty potent poison to them. Tip your arrows with it to kill a vamp if you can get a clean sure shot. Don't want them to hear it coming or you'll be dead. XP. (I know the weaknesses to vampires better than I do any other suppernatural being.) If you follow this... twilight lore vampires a much weaker, but have special powers and are immune to sunlight damage.

I read through this discussion. Would you want me to change my character's bio? He himself is not half elf, but his adopted father and family was.

When it comes down to it, this @TemraV RP. She needs to make the final decision.

Temra, are you giving up on this RP? It's been a while since you posted in either thread.

This looks interesting. What kind of supernatural creatures are in existence within this roleplay (or at least the most common ones)?

Arrow, right now our RP is on hold. TemraV seems to be taking a break from Iwaku. Hopefully she will log on soon, but we can't move on with out her input on a few things/post in the RP. Though I suppose Raven could still post, but that won't get us very far.

Hey everyone. I am still rather attached to this RP and since TemraV has vanished we can't move in the RP. Does anyone know the rules about assuming control of an RP when the GM goes AWOL? I can lead this RP until she gets back if you guys are game for it.

I do not know the the rules about assuming control of an RP when the GM AWOL.

I talked with one. I am going to send a message to TemraV then we will see about taking over.