3. Douche
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Transgender
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, romance, slice of life, anti-hero stories, "you're our only hope", fandom non-canons, soft scifi, transhumanism, magical girls, horror, suspense / mystery, detective noir, fractured fairytales
tumblr_ox43pnbWet1s6pp33o1_500.gif

Appreciation Thread

On this Valentine's Day, let us appreciate our friends, lovers, writing partners, and members of this wonderful writing community! That's right fellas, this one is gonna be sappy and full of good feels.

Tell someone that you appreciate them, whether for being a very understanding writing partner or for being the best of friends. Valentine's Day is all about love, and love comes in many forms. Let's keep this thread positive and full of warmth.

I GUESS I'LL START

@Qwertronix
i luv u. <3

@Jorick @Astaroth @Diana
You guys have been tremendous friends throughout the year. I love you three very much and I hope we continue being friends FOREVER or until one of us dies, that works too.

@Grumpy
my boi to whom I can rant about all the dark crazy shows and fluffy animus and we can scream about stuff for days with long pauses because lol timezones. You're my long lost angry hipster lesbian sister.

@rissa
Bitchin for days amirite? I don't know what I'd do without you, you're like the ONE person I can go and be an absolute bitch about shit and send the stupidest pictures of Snapchat filters. You're like the Fighter in my imaginary D&D party.

@Greenie @Kitti
FINALLY PEOPLE WITH WHOM I CAN SHARE FRENCH JOKES AND YOU'LL LAUGH BECAUSE YOU UNDERSTAND. DO NO UNDERESTIMATE HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE THAT!

@firejay1
You've been there a lot for me this past year and you're a wonderful listener and you always give me level-headed feedback and remind me to take a step back to take a breath. You're weird and adorable and silly and I'm thankful for our friendship.

@ All the staff people
The Iwaku staff are my ROCK and many times when I didn't feel like I was worth the red colour, you all reminded me that I'm appreciated and made me feel like I was doing some good in the community. I count you all as friends and it is thanks to you all that I'm still here today.

@Doctor Jax @Red Thunder @Jack Robinson @Necrowmancer @Anguissette @Kuno
Esoterica was the first RP group I joined where I knew virtually no one. Complete blind dive! I'm so glad I did, because you are all awesome and amazing writers. I feel so lucky to have been accepted in the roleplay and to be writing with such wonderful players, you all made me feel included and cool. I hope we keep writing horrors in the jungle together for some time! <3

@ my other RP groups and partners
You are all so patient with me and I appreciate you guys more than you'll ever know. Thank you for the laughs and feels and all that stuff. You all ignite my imagination and make me want to writer better. Thank you for everything.

THAT'S IT FOR NOW OMG THAT'S ALREADY WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE.

Donnez au suivant!
This means keep on giving

@Pahn
Thanks for being awesome and getting me interested in the site again, even if it was indirectly.

@Inkarnate
Thanks for being a cool dude to talk to and for having a helluva a lot of awesome rp ideas. Your criticisms, while at times frustrating, are usually pretty spot on. I do appreciate all the work you put into your rps and hope that you have a wonderful day.

@Everyone

For making me feel really welcome to this site!

LOL MINE'S GONNA BE SMOL. IT's gonna be smol.

@Yatagarasu

We've known each other for a few years now and I can honestly say I appreciate your company. You're totes adorable and you're one of the few shining lights in my life. I KNOW I'M AN ASS AND DON'T REALLY START CONVOS MYSELF BUT YOU STILL COME TO ME FROM TIME TO TIME AND I APPRECIATE THAT A LOT. I LOVE YOU >0<

tenor.gif

@BlackCain

We've been roleplaying for almost a full year now and I can honestly say you're one of the best I've ever had the pleasure of playing with. You're extremely patient (somehow LOL) and god I'm so glad you don't just SHUT ME DOWN when I'm gone for a long time. You're a blessing, my friend.

tumblr_mxre7hEX4h1sc1kfto1_500.gif

@Staff of Iwaku
First of all, this is the best roleplay site I've ever come across. I absolutely love the setup here, and the super friendly, home-y atmosphere is beyond ideal. I just... I JUST LOVE THIS PLACE OKAY.

latest

I would like to show my appreciation for the following:

@Eru for being a friendly snek, and being adorable with @Joan , whom I also appreciate for being an adorable youngster who makes me have hope in this coming generation of people-slightly-younger-than-me.

@The Mood is Write for being a hella cute and cool person. I LOOK UP TO YOU, KINDA.

@Minerva for engaging in engaging discussion about some anime and the Fate/ series, and stuff.

Oh, and the Iwaku staff and general users who put up with my free-loading & lurking. :grouphug:

@Cloudjumper
Thanks for being awesome, and for teaching me I CAN play male characters and for fostering that in me.

@ivoryknight22
Our rps are friggin' awesome.

@Angel_Destroyer
You're fun to talk to, and always make me feel better.

@Z'Greel
You're my friend. I'd never forget to add you :P You brought me here and are always fun to talk to on discord. Espically when I'm working from home XD

I'm too much of a misanthrope for shit like this, but growth is all about stepping outside of your comfort-zone, yeah?

@Bears
Hi Bears! You (and the third member of our lost trio, @Tyrannosaurus Rekt ) have the proud honor of being the first friend I ever made on Iwakuroleplay. Granted, because you're a loser with a life (jokes, of course, just jokes...), you haven't been around the entire time, but I'm awfully glad you made your return.

Looking forward to roleplaying with you again.

@rissa @Effervescent @Doctor Jax @Elle Joyner @Red Thunder @CloudyBlueDay @Starlighter
I think you guys form the core Ascender's group, as well as, you know, Ronaan's and Never Normal and basically all the largest roleplays I actually participate in. Besides Star (don't worry Star, you're no less wonderful), all of you knew eachother long before I came into the mix, which made it a possibility that I'd end up some kind of outcast.

I'm glad (and honored) to say that didn't happen, and I attribute that mostly to my animal magnetism. I mean your general welcoming demeanor and super-big hearts.

Effer: bestgm. I don't really know you all that well, but it's quite apparent you work hard af, and there ain't no way that shit ain't gonna pay dividends (as soon as 2018, hopefully!)

Doctor Jax: there are times I find your writing and just general intelligent air to be intimidating (that's pretty big deal, btw, since I'm arrogant and almost always think I'm the smartest person in the room), but it's offset by how genial you are. A pleasure!

Elle Joyner and Red Thunder: bestmom, bestdad. Placed together because it makes me giggle. You're both mature and kind as all hell. MODEL CITIZEN STATUS.

CloudyBlueDay: I love NeverNormal, and hope to still be alive after the next half-decade (cause, you know, I'm a decrepit 69 year old with ebola-aids) to see you grow into a fucking monster of a gm/writer/musician/whatever-you-want-in-life.

Or, you know, so I can make it to Sanctuary. #roasted

Starlighter: You are way too smart for such a smol bean.

Rissa: fuck off idiot. (jk I love you man)

@Anguissette
Corbett and Aisling will be the power-roleplay duo of 2018.

@Nav
You are legit everything someone can ask for in a 1x1 partner; easy-going, amicable, and super-gucci.

@HerziQuerzi
You're genuinely such a fucking loser but I can't wait to play gems and magical girls with you.

@Greenie @Joan @Eru
Gonna list you three here in tandem because, in some respects, I view you as the moral center of my existence here - not because we've ever been particularly close, but just cause you're all strikingly good people. I feel as though, if the three of you were to suddenly leave Iwaku, I would lose any moral compulsions, and just flame my way into a permaban.

Instead, because you're all here, I'm just going to lose all moral compulsions.

@staff
there's a whole bunch of characters in there (firejay, pahn, nemo, etc) that I'm perhaps not as TIGHT with (but it's gonna happen!), but that have enhanced at least a few of my days. I appreciate you all too!

Well then!

*takes ginormous breath*

I'mma start with @Pahn since you made this lovely thread! Probably one of the friendliest person's on Iwaku, I appreciate immensely how welcoming you were when I first joined staff! Honestly, you made sure we didn't feel like strangers. Not just that, but it's lovely having someone who can talk about 'back home' XD

@KJDarKnight - I probably know you the longest, and even though we may not rp any longer or have much time to chat, I'm glad that we met and we're good friends. I feel no matter how much time passes, we can pop in and chitchat without worrying about anything.

@SkittlesAndSpike - Definitely someone I consider a best friend! Thanks for letting me drag you here way back in 2015, and thanks for staying! I will never forget how you'd wake up at your what... 3 am just to chat with me back in 2016 when I was on the other side of the world. I've lost friends and gained them, but you and KJ are the ones I've had the longest and hope to continue having. Thanks for putting up with an honourary Nee-chan :D

@Applo - It's been barely over a year since we met but it seems like so much more. You're one of the few people who actually continued replying my PMs and who didn't mind a crazy cat person chatting about nonsense, roleplaying, whining and all the rest. I feel like I can be myself completely around you. You're definitely one of my favourite person to write with and another person I'd consider a best friend. Don't mind the punting too much Seal >:D It just means I like you! OH also, thanks for being nitpicky when I ask you to look over and edit things. I know, I whine and complain buuuuut it's all goooood.

@Wolk - You're weird and your random messages and spamming is appreciated XD

@Staff - Administrative - Y'all are great. I've said it before >.> but yep, not many people in your positions would be so available for the rest of us despite being so busy with the upkeep of the forum itself. It's weird and great and yep, muchly appreciated :D

@Kitti - You're one of the persons I really respect on Iwaku! I appreciate how you always know the right things to say, and how you make everyone feel accepted and special.

@firejay1 - I dunno why, but you're the sort of person for me who I feel comfy around and feel like I can talk and act silly about. I really enjoy reading your comments and snarky remarks (and newspaper rolls) and more often than not you make me rofl.

@Nemopedia - Staff twin! <3 Thank you for putting up with my questions :"D Also thank you for our lovely ATLA rp ;w;

@Shizuochan - Hrmmm, very weird but I felt the need to put you on a list to appreciate ;D JK, JK. Honestly, one of the few persons I was okay with the first time I vc'd. Not gonna lie, it takes a while for me to get used to new people but you sort of just joined the 'people that are easy to be around' group very easily. Cheers!

@Nav - I really appreciate the effort you'd put last November in keeping us hyped about NaNoWriMo. Honestly? I wouldn't have even thought to start writing if you hadn't brought it up. So thank you!

@Joan @Eru - Sickly sweet, so gross :P JK, JK. Seriously though, you two are lovely and hilarious in your own ways. XD Also, thankies for the MC server.

@all of staff - like it or not , I consider you guys my Iwaku Family. Deal with it. >:D <3

There's so many others who I really love and appreciate on Iwaku and honestly the list can go on and on, so I'mma stop here.

Last edited:
@Eru Love you ya dork <3 You're an amazingly understanding and sweet person and I'm very, very happy I met you and very grateful for the months we've had together, and I hope for many more to come ^^

@Kimberlyn You're the best overlord and an amazing friend. While you haven't been around much lately, you're always a blast to be around, and I hope to chat with you more soon. Also, thanks for dragging me here. If you hadn't, I would be a much more anxious person than I am now.

@firejay1 Yer a nerd and a doofus and incredibly smart and just a bundle of sparkles all around. Thanks for just being there and being a wonderful friend in all of your weirdness.

@The Mood is Write YOU BE LEWD and also fabulous and sparkly and fun to be around.

@RJS @The_J I haven't known you for long but you're great fun to be around. Whether it's ranting about Town of Salem, teleporting to the top of a Minecraft world, or whatever else may happen, it's always a fun time, and I'm glad Eru introduced me to you.

@Shizuochan Yer a troll, but you're cool anyways. Thanks for the shenanigans.

@CloudyBlueDay Never Normal is one of the best roleplays I've been in, and without your dedication and hard work, it wouldn't be anywhere near as amazing as it is. Thanks for putting up with our shenanigans and nonsense and remaining fabulous through it all.

@staff family Yall brought me out of a dark time in my life just by existing and being so chill about everything. Thanks for everything ^^

and I may make a second post later I dunno there are a lot of people

I agree with Grumpy. (Jokes aside, I'll probably have something gross and sappy for you guys later)

Oh, what a nice idea.

@A Sudden Fluff and @Arwen

I'm so happy I gave the both of you a chance when you two approached me. You guys have made my time here enjoyable and entertaining. Thanks for that ^_^

@slifer I can't forget you as well. I wish we had more time to write together, but I appreciate you all the same

Last edited:
Ahhhh, such a sweet and wonderful idea!

@Pahn
For coming up with this, for our wonderful chats, your amazing characters and for kidnapping me into the wonderful bag of crazy that is Esoterica. (And they all lived happily ever after, amirite?)

@The Mood is Write
For making me so welcome when I first arrived and helping me find my footing when I was (at first) painfully uncertain (really I was!). I ended up diving in head first and it's alllll your fault. Thanks for opening the door to your not-so-private secret club, which I can't wait to keep exploring.

@Nemopedia
Golden. City. Such a deep and involving roleplay, and I could happily disappear inside there for days. I keep finding new roles and opportunities I want to explore as well as my little gang of fiends, and have to consciously restrict myself so I don't wind up plotting myself into a corner. Always a joy to plot with, or just to chat when the mood strikes. The hype is real!

@Shizuochan
Speaking of! Corbett & Aisling, the snark meets the whim of steel. We haven't talked so much outside playing and plotting our roles (you're a troll? Really?) but I love our roleplay (in two timezones!) and definitely feel it's the one I have the most fun with. Even if Aisling won't always cooperate with what I tell her to do. She seems to think you and Corbett are up to something dastardly. Probably moustache twirling too while you're at it. *watches. waits*

@Villains and @Snowflake and @esoteric and @Kourelan and the rest of @Team Telluric (I'm not listing 20+ people here, but you know who you are)
Thanks for making me feel so welcome, and for opening up the immense vista of a wonderful new universe to play in. Whether we're talking the canon of alien parts, the top audi-vee shows of the future or looking down our noses at the space monkeys, it's always a joy to be part of and something I can't wait to see bloom. Med-team 4 life!

@Iwaku
Thanks for being such a lively, mutable and always exciting place to visit. The best place to roleplay I've found since ever, which is down to everybody who is an active part of it in all our corners of the site. As well as the poor doomed souls who try to herd our particular swarm of cats in something approaching the same direction :3

Thanks @Pahn for making this thread! I was already missing it. XD Also, shout out to the best creator of notices! also forever my staffmom, jk, dun lynch me...

@FieryCold, hey there, love. ;) You surprised me with some cheese, I'm going to attempt and throw some public cheese at you! So much has happened over the year that we have been together. From the time you confessed to me, to the moment where we started dating. We have had our ups and downs and our mismatches, but we keep on talking and trying to work things out. Most importantly, we keep on choosing for one another. Despite our differences, despite our disagreements. And that is, as we said almost a year ago as well, what love is about. Choosing to continue with each other, for each other.

@darkflames13, FLAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAKES! Hi. :D We haven't talked much lately, but if you ever need another Peanut imposer to wish you a happy birthday... I mean, I totes can hook you up to Peanut. Whatchu mean...

@Greenie, staff twin! <3 Ball of positive energy. Thanks for putting up with me on our A;TLA RP! I love to see how we flesh out the story and the characters. #JianrudraggingChani

@Winter, also deserves a tag. For making Soul Series which brought Greenie and I together as roleplayers for the first time and resulted in our A;TLA RP. For just being our (secretly warm) ice cold Winter. c:

@Astaroth, I DIDN'T TAG THE FUCK OUT OF YOU, CHILL. Anyway, I wanted to tell you that you are a cool dude and you should know that and it is admirable what you do despite everything going on. The same goes for your fellow admins, of course but I felt the need to pick you out specifically and annoy you. :P

@Noctis the Devious, NOC KNOCK! That joke never gets old. :'D But hey, know that you are appreciated!

@Elle Joyner, thank you for adopting me, even tho I only do it for the food. XD However, also as an inclusion to the team of FFS with @Holmishire, @Turtle of Doom & @Dipper. FFS is one of my favourite events that I really wish to see and continue on for a long while, if possible. I joined you all late with the organisation and planning, but I'm here now!

@rissa, Spicy Gatorsteak is my naming invention for you, remember that. //finger guns. I should add that to the Iwaku dictionary.

@firejay1, heho, thanks for having the patience to listen to me and look out for me, even when we don't chat a lot and I have been virtually neglecting e v e r y o n e . It means a lot, it really does. :)

@Peregrine, tagging you as well. Thank you for always being patient with me as a roleplay partner and as a lead, and for always putting in the effort to reach out to (little awkward) me. I feel like we have talked but a little? Hopefully we can change that!

@Anguissette, because you tagged me, so I thought to return the favour. Such a warm sparkle you are! I'm glad that you are settling down so well and enjoying Golden City. Keep on asking your questions and come forth with your ideas and plots! I love them, even if I don't always word myself like that.

@ Golden Citizens, it are a few. Should I tag you all? I feel that I would disgruntle a few... ANYWAY!

Thank you. For joining me in this hectic journey of running a realm (and everything that goes on in my life now). For joining me in Golden City and giving it some life. It hasn't been long, and I hope it will stay around for a loooooong while, but for the time spend together already, thank you. Thank you, even to these who had to unfortunately leave our side because of their own busy schedules. I can only promise that I will try my best in keeping Golden City alive so that new members can come and enjoy it, and old can come and return to it.

@Staff, oh hi. I have been neglecting you lot a little in terms of communication. Some that I regret not spending more time chatting with, because everyone is so sparkly and awesome. However, despite the ever changing cast I still adore the random personalities that are working together to make Iwaku great (again).

Last edited:
@Joan You were probably one of the first folks on Iwaku I ever dared to call a friend, and you're a darn good one. If it weren't for your encouragement, I never would have joined staff or had any of the amazing experiences that have come along the way, so from the bottom of my heart, I thank you for that.

@Shizuochan You're hilarious. I love the fact that you're so easygoing and chill. You seem to know how to laugh at yourself, and I love that I can troll you back now and then. You're a riot, in the best way. Also, thank you for destroying my stranglehold on proper English in chat; it was good for me to loosen up.

@firejay1 You are the most adorable spooder ever. Whenever I'm around you, I feel happy and relaxed - you're witty and silly and so comfortable being yourself; it's fantastic.

@Dipper Thrice and Rhett are both amazing. I can't believe AotS has been going for over a year now! I've really enjoyed collaborating with you, and how naturally the dynamic between Ophelia and Thrice has grown and developed; I can't wait to see where it goes in the future. Plotting for Vraenor has been an all around fantastic ride; you're so easy to work with, and it's a genuine pleasure watching the process of your creative genius unfold. You rock, man!

@Greenie

Pretty much everything you said to me applies right back. It astounds me that its only been a little over a year since we first met. It might be an infuriating task at times but thank you for being my cheerleader and encouraging me to do things. You have a faith in me and my abilities that I often struggle to find myself and you always tell me when I'm making a mountain out of a grain of sand by over thinking things. You've been a shoulder for me to lean on during hard times and I hope that I've been even half as good in that respect for you.

The more I think about this, the more things I think of that I want to thank you for. To save you and everyone else having to read the worlds sappiest post I'm just going to say: Thank you for everything! You are the best :3

@firejay1

We don't talk huge amounts but I feel very comfortable around you. I really, really appreciate this and thank you for making me feel so welcome.

The People I have RPed with.

I just want to say thanks for the good times. No matter how long a RP has lasted every single one has had great moments that I cherish.

First, I absolutely love all my fellow staff kids, even if we haven't really interacted. You guys are a great, fun bunch full of enthusiasm and humor and positivity.

@Starlighter - I feel the same way regarding AotS! I'm so glad I've been given a chance to flesh out some characters with a writer as talented as yourself, and get to know you a bit on the side. You're profoundly fun to work and plot with, and a pleasure to have around-- I was over the moon when I saw that you'd been promoted to full staff, and I'm so glad to have you aboard.

@Astaroth - You took the time to talk when I was wasn't doing too well, and it meant a lot. I just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten that, or how cool you are as a person. A+ admin right here.

@AceSorcerer - Real creative, fun guy. I dare say you're a good luck charm, considering how long AotS has lasted. I'm excited to get Vraenor under way and have had a great time developing the world alongside you and Star.

@Everyone involved in AotS: i love you all

There's so much more for me to say about everyone but my brain isn't connecting to my fingers right now.

I'd like to thank @everyone involved in TelSpice (Telluric/Perspice) for making our combined efforts fun, interesting and, best of all, welcoming. 2017 was a terrible year for me, but 2018 is looking up.

I would also like to thank the Iwaku staff for their help. I've heard nothing but good things. Iwaku has become my home away from home.

Finally, I'd like to thank @Ghostly for six years of love and happiness. I know I can be a handful sometimes, but I hope you never forget that you're the light around my dark spots.

Gross. Feelings. XD Just kidding... we know I'm an emotional sap who cries at dog food commercials. Less here...

@Effervescent - We've been through a heck of a lot together, from The Site That Shall Not Be Named to our exodus to Iwaku, you've been an amazing partner (like - legit... I mesh with you so well we should prolly just write a book and call it a day!) but you've also been an amazing friend. You are honest, hysterical and you make me rethink my stupid decisions and whining because dude, you're real with me when I need it. You got me through my visiting my best friend's bedside in Hospice, and that's something, IRL, I'll legit never forget. Hopefully someday, we get to meet, cause that'd be just swell. Love ya <3

@rissa - My salty girl. I love you, even when you take 3098620938620936 years to post XD Because you're not just an amazing writer, who engages my need for fluff, but you're just a cool person in general and a really great friend. You're the person I go to when I need to vent or rant and don't wanna be talked out of my cray cray feelings XD because you just let me go nuts and I'm really grateful for you being a part of my life!

@CloudyBlueDay - Goob <3 my smol friend. You've matured and grown so much since we first met, and every day, I see more and more what a cool, unique young lady you are. You're smart as crap and I don't think anyone makes me laugh quite as much, and I live my life for your ridiculous characters - especially Charlie!! NN Is coming out beautifully, and I'm really glad to be a part of it, and watch it grow with you!

@Doctor Jax - The girl who gave us Goose. You are a beacon of loveliness, my dear and I hope TJ knows what a dang lucky dude he is, because you're just peachy. And not just because you always help me figure out ridiculous sciencer stuff, even when it's not in your field of expertise. And even though you and I write such different genres, I love writing with you!! I'm gonna drag that fluff-unicorn outta you, someday! XD

@Red Thunder - I'm not actually sure there are people who exist on the planet who I can have so little in common with and still enjoy their company XD We're basically mirror-twins, but I'll take it. You're an awesome writer and a great dude, and most importantly, a really, really great dad... and seeing how my daughter is betrothed to your son, that's definitely a plus! (just don't tell Nona)

@Bears - Hey Boo <3 I was so mad when you went away, because I legitimately craved our RPs every second of every day. Now that you're back, I still crave them every second of every day. And I hate you just a little for it. Seriously though... You're an awesome friend and a brilliant writer and I'm really glad you wandered randomly in the FF sign up, because I don't think I would've met you otherwise, and that would've been a sad, sad thing.

@Nav - I still don't even remember how we first started RPing together, except that it basically went "I want Fluff" "Me, too!" "Let's do it!" "Okay!" -- but I'm glad as crap for however it went down, because you remain one of my most loyal and awesome RP partners... and it's been a hot minute! I'm thankful for your friendship as well, and for all the ranting you let me do when I'm down and out! <3

@Shizuochan - Gross. Just kidding XD You are a very cool dude, and not just because you take every ounce of crap I throw at you. You're like... my internet bro, and I mean that in the best way, cause I love my fam. I kind of hate that you're a much better writer than me, though, and someday, I'll absorb aall your talent through my exorbitant amount of food pics... >_> mwahahah!

There are so many other cool and wonderful people on the site - and I'm glad to have met all of you. This would take me a thousand years to finish if I tagged each one, but you know who you are :) Stay awesome! <3<3