Status
Not open for further replies.
"Maybe," Ilona would reply, much less defensive of Aoko than she had been before. "I'm not going to worry about it anymore regardless. If the others are fine with you coming along, I will be as well," Ilona added. She felt much better about the situation now that she had convinced herself that the decision wasn't in her hands.

happy_squint_eyes_by_kwkatz09-db2sb3f.png

When Aoko would pull the charm from her pocket, however, Ilona's blue eyes would light up. "Ah, yes it does ring a bell! I know what it is!" the teen exclaimed joyfully, clasping her hands together as she would lean in closer to look at it. She seemed almost charmed by the item, finding it really adorable.

"Miss Sion, it's a frog in a suit," Ilona replied with a smile. The girl had clearly stated the obvious, but acted as if she had just solved an uncovered mystery of life. "Why, someone who owns such an adorable item can't be bad at all. Miss Aoko must be a good, trustworthy person after all!" the girl added, suddenly sounding rather convinced. But, then again, bad people could own cute items too, couldn't they? Regardless, it was something Ilona decided not to worry about for the time being.

@Verite @york @Jeremi @Atomyk @Josh M

Reactions: Mason Moretti
aWJXAo7.png

Misaka's mouth dropped open when she initially saw the cute little frog mascot. "So you have one too..." she said quietly, just low enough so most of the group couldn't hear her. She stared for a moment longer, before a realization hit her: it was just like one of the Gekota straps in her possession! And this one was pretty limited, as far as she knew. If Saten had not given her the last one, who knows if she would even have it to this day...

Of the few things Misaka had managed to get ODMA to bring her was her bag, along with a lot of the Gekota merchandise she had acquired throughout the years (the last thing she needed was Kuroko going through her stuff and finding it all!). She made a careful point of hiding it from the others during her stay in ODMA, so they wouldn't know about the strap upon initially seeing it. Strangely enough, the one this girl had was the precise Gekota Misaka had decided to bring along on this adventure. The fancy little suit and mustache... it was unmistakable!

She reached under her collar and gripped tightly at the little frog mascot strapped to the inside. It was the very same one. If the Gekota in this girl's possession was supposed to mean something, was it that Misaka would give her that very same Gekota later? The thought of parting with the limited edition frog was nothing short of frightening, but no other explanation was clear to her. It couldn't have been the Gekota she would give one of the sisters later, for it just wasn't the same kind. A paradox wasn't a paradox if it was supposed to happen anyway.

With all that in mind, Misaka couldn't help but break out into a blush.

JqK0qIE.png

"W-Well, Ilona is right, that does it for me too! I think she knows what she's talking about!" Misaka stepped forward and turn around, putting herself between Aoko and the others in order to block their view of the frog strap. "I think we've wasted enough time here, guys! Let's get going and find our target!"

@Verite @york @Jeremi @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

The color seemed to drain from Sophie's face as she realized they had evidently been busted, not too long after their arrival here no less... But it was soon made clear why; she was a magician, one that appeared to specialize in time.

Honestly, it almost frightened her how easy it was to accept something like this was a thing now. Something like this would have seemed like borderline madness back before she was thrown into her first Murder Game... When she still lived a relatively 'normal' life. At least as normal as it could have been, given the circumstances.

Now, here she was, traveling back in time in search of a girl with some seemingly unstable powers that allowed her to traverse dimensions, and even time... Or so it seemed.

Back to the situation at hand though, it would appear that the woman that had approached them wanted to help them find Junko, the person they were looking for, but even so, Sophie was not sure it was a good idea disclosing the identity of the person they were seeking just yet... Even if she did possess an item that while in itself seemed benign... Had struck a chord with Misaka, as she suddenly appeared to side with that red haired woman in a heartbeat...

Seeing that Ilona was onboard with this too, albeit it was a little difficult to follow the reasoning, Sophie just ended up smiling, almost helplessly as she nodded.

"Of course. We should... Get moving..." She said, rubbing the back of her neck.

At the very least though, the color was returning to her face as she realized that they may not have caused much temporal harm... Yet, and maybe, as the red haired woman who had decided to accompany them said, this was meant to happen?

Regardless though, they had to take care not to alert anyone else to their presense, as while this particular incident may not have caused any immediate damage to the timeline... There was no telling what another unexpected encounter with those in the past may lead to...

@Verite @Atomyk @Jeremi @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Huh, I was expecting a more... different response," Aoko said, seemingly surprised, but nonetheless pleased that either way, she was accepted into the group. At least, on popular opinion if nothing else. Pursing her lips slightly, she put the little frog keychain back in her pocket, before putting a hand on her hip.

"Anyway... So, where exactly are we headed then? And who sentcha? I imagine whatever or whoever we're looking for, the objective is really important if you gotta travel through time for it! You know what they say about time travel! You violate the laws of physics and reality just a little bit and then all of a sudden everyone thinks you're a danger to the fabric of space-time itself, am I right?" She let out a small laugh, spouting out some sort of anecdote.

She really was a strange woman.

Sion04.png

"We can answer all your... non-classified questions later, but for now... Ah, we're admittedly at a bit of a loss right now. Ilona, Misaka, for now, can you try to hone in on where Ms. Enoshima might be? Hopefully, now that we're in the right time period, it'll be an easier time detecting the destructive power she holds."

"Ohh, we're on this kind of mission!"

@Jeremi @Josh M @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @York

• Love
Reactions: Mason Moretti
"Huh, I was expecting a more... different response," Aoko said, seemingly surprised, but nonetheless pleased that either way, she was accepted into the group. At least, on popular opinion if nothing else. Pursing her lips slightly, she put the little frog keychain back in her pocket, before putting a hand on her hip.

"Anyway... So, where exactly are we headed then? And who sentcha? I imagine whatever or whoever we're looking for, the objective is really important if you gotta travel through time for it! You know what they say about time travel! You violate the laws of physics and reality just a little bit and then all of a sudden everyone thinks you're a danger to the fabric of space-time itself, am I right?" She let out a small laugh, spouting out some sort of anecdote.

She really was a strange woman.

Sion04.png

"We can answer all your... non-classified questions later, but for now... Ah, we're admittedly at a bit of a loss right now. Ilona, Misaka, for now, can you try to hone in on where Ms. Enoshima might be? Hopefully, now that we're in the right time period, it'll be an easier time detecting the destructive power she holds."

"Ohh, we're on this kind of mission!"

@Jeremi @Josh M @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @York

"Yes! A top secret one!"
Tracer exclaimed. "Though I guess it's not so secret anymore, with you known' about it and everythin', yeah?"

@Verite @Josh M @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @York

Having gathered herself slightly, Misaka scoffed a bit at this new idea. "You know it's not something I just... turn on, right? If anything, that girl is always bringing herself to me!" Sighing, Misaka closed her eyes and did what she imagined she was supposed to do in this situation. She focused on the image of that strange girl with the large blonde hair, trying to focus on where she might be.

Electricity sparked around Misaka, rising in intensity as she tried harder and harder to focus on Junko Enoshima.

"Come on...!"

She opened her eyes, staring down nothing in particular.

pYRXtK6.gif

"I... I don't know if this is working! You feel anything, Ilona?"

@Verite @York @Jeremi @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Last edited:
confused2_by_kwkatz09-db2sb2g.png

When tasked with locating Junko, Ilona straightened her back and folded her hands in front of her. "I believe I'm in a position similiar to Miss Mikasa's. Detecting Miss Junko is not something I can easily do, at least not yet. I've spent a majority of my training on containing my power, and less of it on tracking others." The blonde smiled sheepishly, knowing that her statement wasn't much of an excuse. She had come on this mission and would need to try her best.

"B-But, her power is similar to mine, so perhaps that will make it easier to locate her!" Ilona added, trying to be positive about this. "I shall give this my best try. Here goes..."

The girl closed her eyes just as Mikasa did, trying to focus her thoughts solely on Junko. She pictured the other girl's face in her mind, doing whatever she could to figure out her location. After a moment or two, Ilona stumbled back, dazed as if she had been pushed aside by some invisible force. She then took in a deep breath, as if all of the wind had been knocked out of her.

"I... don't know. Forgive me, there seems to be many powerful signatures of energy around here. I imagine this is due to the fact we are in the very location of a Murder Game containing various people with unique signatures of energy." Ilona frowned. She could've been wrong, but this was her best guess. Maybe she wasn't sensing any sort of power at all and was just... confused. "My younger self is even here somewhere. Her presence is difficult to look past. But I... won't mince words. This is mainly difficult due to my lack of experience with this sort of thing. Mayhaps we should try this again... from another location?" she questioned, honestly not entirely sure what to do.

@Verite @York @Jeremi @Atomyk @Josh M

Sion01.png

"If you believe that would be of help, then by all means," Sion nodded to Ilona, focusing her attention to a nearby hill in the empty field they all stood in, "Let's try again when we relocate up there. The area we've landed in isn't optimal, being so remote, but we'll have to make do. If only I calculated our landing better..." She simply said with a sigh.

With that, the group, led by Sion, began to travel up the nearby hill the young woman gestured toward before, the shine of the bright full moon almost blinding to anyone who spent too much time looking up. In fact, it was actually rather abnormal for the moon to appear so big in the sky on a night like this.

Rrrrrumble rumble.

A brief rumble in the land, akin to that of a quake, impeded the progress of the group for a brief while. Anyone who would venture to look behind them would be met by the sight of Misaki Town in the distance, an ominous dark red color infecting the otherwise deep blue sky. To Ilona and Misaka, who had been there back then, they'd be able to recall the source of the infectious red from their time in the Fiamma Incident, as the illusion-conjuring, reality bending vampire Night of Wallachia who had been awakened by Fiamma of the Right's power and began terrorizing the group at his whim. Of course, he was defeated promptly, but even so, Sion seemed troubled by the sight of the creature's return in this time period, her brow furrowing even deeper than it usually did as she looked back, but did little more than sigh, turning around and continuing to face forward.

"Difficult as it might be, try not to pay much mind to what's going on in the town. Wallachia was defeated well enough, so to interfere would likely yield dire consequences," the alchemist spoke, continuing to move forward.

As they continued to traverse upward, eventually reaching the summit of the steep hill, there was just enough space for everyone to stand on steadily, though... it seemed like they weren't the only ones there.

image.png

"..."

There stood a strange girl, whom Ilona and Misaka might have vaguely remembered accompanying them to the Church back in the other city early into the Fiamma Incident, though evidently she'd managed to slip away from the rest of the group under everyone's noses.

Without any sort of greeting, a neutral expression on her face, she quickly spoke.

"You would do well to leave now, intruders of this time, and never come back to this time," the girl said in a benign, yet also threatening tone. It seemed like this was the only warning she was willing to give, but one had to wonder, why was she standing against them anyway? If not the other question "who even was she?" And how did she know about the time travel?

@Atomyk @Jeremi @York @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M

sad_smile_by_kwkatz09-dawt2by.png

Ilona nodded before starting to head up the hill with the others, shaking her head when Sion would seem to regret where they had landed. "You aren't to blame, Miss Sion. After all, I'm the one who teleported us here in the first place. Not only that, but had we not landed here we wouldn't have come into contact with Miss Aoko. Everything happens for a reason, and it was probably a good thing that we met with her." The blonde quieted after speaking, eyes gazing upward by the radiant moonlight bathing the hill. She stared upward for quite some time, probably able to look upon it longer than an ordinary person because of all the time she had spent gazing at the sun in the past.

The time traveler would only pause for a brief moment in her walking when their group would feel a rumble in the distance. She nodded at what Sion would say, agreeing that her suggestion was probably for the best. "Indeed, we shouldn't make too many unnecessary changes."

When they arrived to the very top of the hill, Ilona tilted her head upon seeing the girl. She did seem familiar, in a way, but Ilona had been so young when she first saw this person that she didn't remember anything about her. What surprised Ilona most, however, was not who this girl was, but what she knew.

"Ah, how do you know we're not from this time?" Ilona questioned her, stepping forward. "I assure you, we mean no harm to this time period. We are merely searching for someone. Might you be so kind as to tell us who you are? What is your name?"

@Verite @Atomyk @York @Josh M @Jeremi

image.png

"No harm... The only way that would be possible..." She murmured in response to Ilona, narrowing her eyes in something of a threatening manner to her and the rest of the group, trailing off for a brief moment before what appeared to be a red shroud appeared out of thin air, snaking around her body like an agile serpent, "... is if you're dead. After all, is it not a sin to exist somewhere you're not supposed to?"

"You must be looking for the girl, aren't you? The one who, when left unchecked, has the power to destroy worlds... I'm afraid I can't let you do that," the young woman giggled, a sinister smile creeping on her lips, "It matters not who I am, for I am no one. Rather, you should be asking what I am, and that is... an agent of destruction, created by the will of the Night of Wallachia in the image of another woman who knows not that I even exist," she spoke, gesturing nonchalantly toward the evil presence within Misaki Town in the distance, identifying herself as one of the phenomena's so-called creations, "I'd ask why you would want to snuff out such a beautiful display of destruction, but we both have different values, so if you don't mind..."

Whoosh.

6FmWpfm9T3WO5NmoVsmNNQ.png

Maneuvering her arms about, the red shroud suddenly springs forward, its movements consistently like a snake, before it wraps itself around Starman's body and lifts him up into the air, before throwing him like a rag doll right toward Sophie!

"!"

With a gasp, Sion gritted her teeth and drew her handgun, firing a barrage of bullets at the young woman, though the projectiles were easily deflected by the red shroud.

@Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @Josh M @York

Before the strange girl would even attack them, Ilona flinched at the sight of her red shroud appearing. The blonde then took a step back when, in addition, the girl would suggest they were sinners merely because they existed.

angry_by_ellisaire_dawgcpp_by_kwkatz09-dawsqh2.png

"Why are you saying such things?"
Ilona questioned. "Why can't you let us look for her? We have good reason for what we're doing. We have to--" The time traveler cut herself off, gasping when the female would begin to wrap her shroud around Starman and attack their group. Ilona had meant what she said when she told the girl that they meant her no harm but, apparently, she meant them harm.

Ilona quickly teleported herself into mid-air, attempting to catch Starman when their enemy would try to fling her right into Sophie. If successful, Ilona would then teleport herself back onto the ground and release her hold on the man she had tried to rescue. Afterwards, the girl shot a look to her comrades before disappearing and reappearing with a sword in her hands. It was a sword special to the girl, one she had picked up during one of her various adventures through the multiverse.

"I don't care for fighting," the girl said, twirling her sword once in her hand before teleporting behind their attacker. "But I will if I must." Ilona teleported once more, standing to the side of their enemy. She would then lash out at the other female with her sword. No lightning miracles or explosive malevolent powers. Just a sword and her own skills with it.

@Verite @Atomyk @York @Josh M @Jeremi

Sophie just nodded towards Aoko, silently confirming her offhanded comment about the sort of task they were here for; it looks like there was little else she had to say on the matter, for now.

Instead, she looked on as both Ilona and Misaka tried their best to locate Junko, but unfortunately... They were unsuccessfull, at least not from here. Thus, the logical conclusion was to head to the nearby hill to hopefully get to a better signal, but for a moment, she felt inclined to turn around upon hearing a distinct rumbling noise.

Looking back, she notice the sky was turning red over Misaki Town; though Cinder hadn't really revealed much about this portion of her time at this incident... Sophie knew that whatever was happening over there, was reaching its end... And this was the part where Cinder's powers were dwarfed by Kotomine, and who knows who else was involved in that mess.

Shaking her head, Sophie focused her attention back on the climb up the hill, knowing better than to interrupt the series of events that would ultimately end the Fiamma Right incident... But it was only then that she noticed someone standing atop the hill, someone who she didn't recognize, but at least two others did. When she demanded them to leave, Sophie raised her hands, trying to diffuse the situation along with the others.

"It's... We're not-..." But Sophie didn't even have time to finish.

Whoever this woman was, her response to Ilona quickly made her realize she wasn't here to "protect" anything, like she had thought at first. Well, minus Junko's presense here that is; it looks like she was here to facilitate the ensuing destruction Junko was going to cause...

However, before she could reach for her pistol, Starman was suddenly flung in her direction, in which she attempted to jump out of the way quickly. Fortunately, Ilona was able to intervene and (hopefully) catch Starman one way or another, allowing Sophie time to quickly draw her pistol, carefully taking aim at their apparent aggressor... Though honestly, she wasn't sure what she hoped to do with it, given how easily their opponent had deflected Sion's bullets...

"Is that... All you've got?!" She taunted, as a quick plan of action formed in her head.

Her bullets likely would get deflected too, but if she were able to distract their opponent for long enough, perhaps the stronger members of their group could score a hit or two... Though she had a feeling this wouldn't end much better than her fight against Claire way back in the third murdergame, but... With the few skills that she had picked up on since then, maybe she had a better chance?

@Verite @Atomyk @Jeremi @Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Like a robot, the silver-haired woman said nothing in response to Ilona and Sophie, set on accomplishing her objective of doing away with the group. As predicted, her red shroud easily deflected Sophie's bullets, the projectiles bouncing off the cloth as though it were metal. Fortunately, this proved to be an ample distraction that allowed for Ilona to teleport behind her and attack, a clean slice cutting into the woman's back. Strangely enough, even though the slash was deep enough to cut through flesh, there was no blood in the open wound. Only blackness.

Still, there was no time to be mystified by that. As Ilona teleported again and moved to the woman's side, she was ready this time, catching Ilona's blade with her bare hand. Like before, in place of blood being drawn from the sword slitting the palm, the opening wound revealed only darkness, as though clearly demonstrating that there was no humanity in this entity. Maintaining a cold, frozen stare, the woman used her other hand to backhand Ilona in hopes of knocking her away!

CRACK!

aok4105.png

From behind, Aoko delivered a superhuman punch at the back of the woman's skull, an audible crack sound being heard that might have been able to break the neck of just any normal person. However, aside from a small pause, it didn't seem to put down the enemy, the snake-like shroud on her moving to wrap around Aoko's body and lifting her up, before throwing her right at Mikasa!

Without missing a beat, the shroud moved back over to wrap around Ilona and squeezed tightly, hoping to crush the blonde girl in its grasp!

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @York @Jeremi @Josh M @Atomyk

Status
Not open for further replies.