Invitation Status
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Horror, Modern, Modern Fantasy, Multiverse/Panfandom, Mystery, Paranormal, Scifi, Survival
Please see the wiki for more info.

The ODMA headquarters was a sparse and sleek building, optimally designed for the needs of the organization and nothing more. There was little in the way of lounges or recreational areas, for an efficient work structure was the ideal for those among the group. Everyone had a job to do, and they had to see it through.

Miss Lalonde, called "Mom" by some, had happened upon a stake of this organization largely by circumstance. Her unique knowledge and her connection to a special girl named Ilona earned her a spot among ODMA's ranks. It was a preferable arrangement for the scientist, as it allowed her to work within a group that stood for the good of all rather than their own ends. She would provide her best help, and in turn, she would protect Ilona... and hopefully one day find her daughter.

Lalonde currently had Ritsuko Akagi in a call, the woman staring at her through a communicator. Though she was known as a controversial figure, Lalonde felt she understood Ritsuko to a degree, even though the woman's history was largely unknown to her. She had suffered in the Coalition Civil War, but largely came out unscathed regardless.

Lalonde wasn't sure if that was something to fear or respect.

The two women maintained a standard working relationship, Lalonde not particularly desiring to get to know the woman to a significant degree anyway. Didn't seem the type to offer that easily. For now, things were just respectful, which was good enough.

"... We can theorize as much as we want, but if what you say is true, then we have absolutely no choice in the matter, dear." Lalonde heaved a great sigh. "It could be months... years, even decades before we pinpoint Enoshima's signature a second time. No, all we can do in good conscience is put into motion what we've been planning."

She paused, feeling a nagging worry creeping up from deep within her. Messing with time could either be a very bad mistake or an inevitability. They had little experience with such multiversal dilemmas to be sure how it will go.

"... Do you want to be the one to tell them?" she asked, a little faint of breath. "I'll meet you in their chambers."

From one position of command to another, and not even with the smoothest of transitions. Ritsuko Akagi had quite the history as a figure of authority within the massive multiverse in which she existed.

Smoking a cigarette, violating a safety hazard that no one, not even the top organizers of ODMA, seemed to care for, Ritsuko stared back at Lalonde on the communicator somewhat blankly, as she usually looked in her day to day routine. She silently nodded in confirmation to Lalonde's words. Indeed, this was quite a breakthrough. Junko Enoshima was known to be quite an anomaly as of the Coalition Civil War, and the Coalition reports themselves had stated her involvement in events as early as the Arch Demon's Downfall. It was difficult to track the girl, if only because the more accurate account of her travels seemed to be read backward rather than forward.

If time was a river, she was going against the current, so to speak.

"Well, Ilona, and possibly the others, seem to like you just a bit more than me, so I'd appreciate it if you'd at least assist me in the explanations," Ritsuko said, before nodding once again, and then deactivating the communicator.

With that, she made her way towards the indicated destination. It was a strange feeling, carrying out ODMA's first major-scale operation, now that it was out in the open, having gathered all the power it could need. One could almost say she was excited about it, but such an emotion had been purged from her a long time ago...

The two women met in silence, giving each other only a cursory glance as they stepped into an elevator. There was nothing to say, so Lalonde said nothing as she punched a numbered code into an electronic device set into the wall, initiating the elevator's descent.

Though the initial plan was to monitor Ilona on an uninhabited planet while proper facilities could be made to contain her, ODMA were able to pull in enough resources to ensure that the containment was built at an accelerated rate. One could say what they will about Waller, but her ability to efficiently pull together the impossible was far beyond what Robin Aquilus or just about anyone in the United Nations was capable of.

So, instead of the isolated planet, Ilona had been moved to a secured space deep underneath ODMA headquarters. Though there was still some risk to the above building, enough contingencies were in place to ensure that any personnel inside would be evacuated safely. The only real structural weakness was present in the elevator, but even then, very few were allowed to ride it.

The darkness overtook the two woman eventually. They could not see or hear a thing beyond their own breathing, not until--

The elevator shuddered, and lights turned on around them. From there, the two women had to insert more codes as they passed through a number of checkpoints manned electronically, until finally, they came to the living quarters of Ilona... and a few special others.

D0SoTcM.png

"... Huh?"

Misaka Mikoto, lounged on a large sofa, turned her head to look at the two woman, paused in motion as she held a can of soda to her lips. "What's the occasion?" she asked, raising one brow slightly.

Lalonde nodded to her before looking around the room for the others. They had a communal living space, ideal for all their needs for the time being. Ilona was the priority, but a friend of hers had been allowed to accompany her, as well as a few individuals that were of special interest to ODMA: They all had experienced moments of chronal displacement or had been known to exhibit what most would refer to as time traveling powers.

Though they were not able to leave the underground bunker, they were all here voluntarily, and it was Mom's priority that they were happy.

... She just hoped the news they had to share did not distress the group.

"We need everyone gathered in the common room," Lalonde said. "It's very important, dear."

fd52c55f34de485eab596db11c559390.png

"Yes, indeed. Quite a big occasion, to answer your question," Ritsuko added, taking a sip from her coffee mug that she had swapped out her cigarette for before getting into the elevator and meeting up with Lalonde earlier, "Specifically... Something that I think everyone will want to hear, so hop to it. Time is of the essence, Misaka-chan," she spoke. The usage of the endearing honorific contrasted against her flat speaking tone jarringly, but she thought nothing of it, as though this was far from her first time sending in 14-year old children off on highly important matters.

Well.

With that said, she turned around abruptly and made off to the common room, and from there, the operation could commence. Upon reaching her destination, Ritsuko walked over to the center, awaiting the others to appear, all the while a younger woman sporting purple clothing, already present when Ritsuko had entered, stood and leaned against a wall, waving around what seemed to be a long wire or rope around in a somewhat bored manner, letting out a restless sigh as she did so.

sion0.png

"..."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Josh M @Verite @Jeremi

Last edited:
Not much longer after Ritsuko a blue blur would appear inside the room.

KHtpZgk.gif

"'Ello dere! Tracer reportin' for duty! I 'ope I'm not too late or anythin'! I got a bit a lost cause dis place is huge!"

The woman called Tracer had a big goofy smile on her face as she glanced over the room and the few people that had gathered there. "Well guess I'm not late den! Unless the meetin's already over and I missed everythin'..."

She was her to repay a debt. Not too long ago Tracer had been lost in a game of horrors and would have stayed as such if not for the untimely intervention of ODMA literally bringing her back to life. Tracer decided to repay them in the only way she could, by offering her services where needed. The call for helped had been sent out and the proverbial cavalry had responded.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Josh M @Verite @Atomyk

• Love
Reactions: Atomyk
6d4af06adef4f6a917785c4b98e200fe.jpg

Thom Kellor took a bite of food as he sat by his lonesome self. Watch the people come in, he kept eating. Why was he here? Simple. He was told to. The why and where and who get all jumbled up sometime, due the man's sickness. But he doing for the future, for the legion, for Nura. Seeing the British Overwatch member, the man smiled.

"Hi! I'm Starman from the 31th centry. I'm on a mission to save the multiverse, have to do this first. You want some fries? They're pretty good."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Jeremi @Verite @Atomyk

6d4af06adef4f6a917785c4b98e200fe.jpg

Thom Kellor took a bite of food as he sat by his lonesome self. Watch the people come in, he kept eating. Why was he here? Simple. He was told to. The why and where and who get all jumbled up sometime, due the man's sickness. But he doing for the future, for the legion, for Nura. Seeing the British Overwatch member, the man smiled.

"Hi! I'm Starman from the 31th centry. I'm on a mission to save the multiverse, have to do this first. You want some fries? They're pretty good."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Jeremi @Verite @Atomyk

"Time traveller, eh? Fries you say?" She'd nab one of his fries and put it in her mouth. "Cheers, luv!"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Josh M @Verite @Atomyk

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
0VHKqxa.png

A girl trying her hardest to make lemons out of lemonade, that's who Ilona felt she had become from the moment she was placed in confinement. To say she liked being under a building, where she couldn't see sunlight or travel to her heart's content, would've been an outright lie. She hated it there. It was as if they had taken her entire being, her soul, and stuffed it into a tiny box with no room to breathe. Her spirit was wild, longing to constantly move and be free, so staying in such a place made the blonde feel as if she were constricted in a straight jacket.

However, that didn't exactly mean she wasn't happy.

Ilona was happy enough. She had her own methods of coping with her situation, secrets only contained in her own heart and the notebook pages of her favorite journal. But some of these methods weren't secrets at all. It helped to have the company that she did, namely Sophie. While she hadn't spoken with many of the others much, Ilona was about as geeked out over Sophie as she had been when she first met Shiki Tohno. Sophie was a kind individual, and the the blonde absolutely loved hearing the stories she had about the friendship Sophie and her mother, Elsa, had shared.

Presently, it just so happened Ilona was partaking in one of her usual methods to keep her spirits up: writing letters to her friends. Just as the young time traveler stated she would to Shiki, Sakuya, and Ruby, Ilona wrote them at least once a week. In fact, she had even begun writing to some of her other friends and even her family as well. She sat at a small desk in her room, neatly writing in her journal.

...I think my training is going well. The fact I'm still writing letters to you proves that. Had I blown up this place, I probably would not have had the time to write anymore. haha.

I hope you are doing well. The more time passes between us, the harder it is for me to even remember your face. In fact, I hardly remember anything about you. What color is your hair? What color are your eyes? I only remember how your friendship was a comfort to me during the Fiamma Incident and that is all. I hope my saying such a thing doesn't hurt your feelings...

No, of course it won't. It isn't as if you'll ever read this anyhow, will you, Ryan-shi? Anyhow, I wish you all the blessings in the world and most certainly hope you are having a wonderful life!

--Ilona

Ilona abruptly stopped writing, setting down her pencil. She flipped back a few pages, naming off all the people she had written to. "Mother, Father, Little brother, Miss Sakuya, Sir Shiki, Miss Ruby, Sir Mason-san, Minato-senpai, Ryan-shi, Shifu, and... I suppose that shall be all for now."

One by one, Ilona tore the letters out of her notebook and crumbled them up into balls, tossing them into a trash can by her desk. Yes, she told the others she would write letters to them, that much was true, but in the end she had never sent a single letter. It almost seemed like a silly action, writing letters that never were to be sent, but it genuinely made her feel good. She was able to write to everyone without writing to them.

No matter how hard she had cried her heart out during the Civil War Incident about how lonely she was, it didn't change facts.They were her friends, but it really was best if they lived their own lives without being involved with her too much. She was different than them, and Ilona felt it was best to leave all of them alone...

Ilona stopped at the last letter in her notebook, hesitating to tear it out. She sighed, closing her notebook without tearing the last one out. For some reason, it was hard to throw away the letters she wrote for Shiki. Maybe it was because he was more similar to her than her other friends were. She wasn't really sure. "One day, I'll throw these letters away too. I don't know why I only keep these ones. It isn't as if you'll ever read them, even if we do meet again..."

Closing her notebook, Ilona tucked it within her red jacket and slowly began to walk out of her room. She wandered to the common room, just in time to see several others gathering around. She adjusted the goggles on her head as she glanced around, wondering why these people were here. "My, it's rather lively in here, what might I ask is happening?" Ilona asked Lalonde since she was more comfortable with the woman than she was with Ritsuko.

@Jeremi @york @Josh M @Verite @Atomyk

"Long live fries!"

The man from the future shouted jollfully as he munched down again on his meal. Smiling from ear to ear, Starman's eyes stared at some sort of machine Tracer was wearing. Tilting his head, his eye's locked with Tracers.

"Say, What's that thing you're wearing? Look's like somethin' Brainy would make."

Noticing the blonde haired girl, Starman smiled, waving his hand back and forth widely.

"Hi! I'm Starman. I'm from the future."

Jumping up, he motion his hand towards her. His voice came off wobbly, goofy, but friendly. Like some cheesy sci-fi announcer

starman_thom-kallor_dc_pictureboxart_160w.jpg

"Weeeeooooohh!"

@Jeremi @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Atomyk

F4uVgQO.png

Before she could hear a response from Lalonde, Ilona was surprised by a seemingly hyper, excited man who waved toward her. She placed a hand against her mouth and giggled softly. Although it might have been rude to laugh, she couldn't help herself. He seemed rather silly. "Good day, Lord Starman! You may call me Ilona. I come from Aren-- all across time and space myself! What brings you here?" she questioned, tilting her head curiously.

While his presence surprised her, she wasn't worried by him. Miss Lalonde and Lady Ritsuko wouldn't have brought any ordinary guests to see her. Anyone they allowed into her presence would have to be a capable individual. Someone who could defend themselves if she were to make a mistake with her powers. But, thankfully, she had made few errors during her time in confinement so far. She was under a lot less stress than she had been during the Civil War Incident.

Sophie had been hesitant to leave Remnant at first... Having grown so accustomed to having an aura, and a weapon that was... Simultaneously three at the same time, somehow. The world was almost like something out of a fairytale, with a raging battle between light and darkess, and countless heroes and villains crossing paths with one another. The technologies, weapons, and even powers she bore witnessed to in her time there often defied the very understanding of physics and reality as she knew it.

All the same, while she was hesitant to leave ever since the events of the Ultimate Murder Game, and Elsa's death... Ruby's constant pestering finally caused her to give in, though it was largely because of he mention of Ilona, Elsa's daughter, who had been quite the center of attention since the events of the Civil War incident... One that Sophie herself regretted she was not there for, largely due to her reluctance to outright join the coalition, until now.

Her first steps outside of Remnant in what felt like months took a while to accustom to; the aura and even her semblance she had manifested in that world appeared to fade, unlike Ruby's innate one, and well... She quickly found that dust ammunition was not so abundant within the coalition itself, so, she decided to leave the weapon she had once carried around with her in Remnant, behind at Beacon Academy, where it belonged.

It was a little strange to adapt to a more "normal" way of living outside of Remnant, but, fortunately, it didn't take her long to acclimate to life in the Coalition, and... Soon enough, she worked up the courage to begin paying Ilona visits; what started as a small trip to say "Hello", quickly became a series of progressively lengthier trips, with the occasional gift or two Sophie managed to bring along with her.

Perhaps a huge part of the reason why they got along so well was thanks to Ilona's mother... And perhaps her father too. While they certainly had their differences, she could certainly tell the now young woman had inherited at least a few qualities from her mother, qualities that brought back some fond memories she had... Of the time she and Elsa had once spent together, and it wasn't long before she had developed a sort of bond with Ilona.

Slowly but surely, Sophie was beginning to feel like herself again.

As she made her way into the Common Room, having been apparently summoned for some sort of meeting, she couldn't help but notice the absense of Ruby... Who she hoped would show up sooner or later; Beacon took up alot of the huntress in training's time, but well, even so, Ruby always found a way to get around that sort of thing sooner or later.

However, her mind didn't linger on that for too long as she noticed, amongst the few others already gathered in the room... That Ilona was there. While she was still a bit timid about barging into conversations and the like, she nonetheless felt the need to make her presense known somehow, and so... She gave Ilona a friendly wave from where she was, hoping that her actions weren't too subtle to be noticed or anything.

@Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Atomyk @Josh M

Last edited:
"Long live fries!"

The man from the future shouted jollfully as he munched down again on his meal. Smiling from ear to ear, Starman's eyes stared at some sort of machine Tracer was wearing. Tilting his head, his eye's locked with Tracers.

"Say, What's that thing you're wearing? Look's like somethin' Brainy would make."

Noticing the blonde haired girl, Starman smiled, waving his hand back and forth widely.

"Hi! I'm Starman. I'm from the future."

Jumping up, he motion his hand towards her. His voice came off wobbly, goofy, but friendly. Like some cheesy sci-fi announcer

"Weeeeooooohh!"

@Jeremi @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Atomyk

"Dis little thing?" Tracer asked pointing towards the chronal accelerator. "Oh just some special somethin' dat allows me to stick around and talk with you fellas!"

@york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Atomyk @Josh M

Sion01.png

"... Excuse me."

In the midst of the conversation between Ilona, Starman, and Tracer, the girl in the corner appeared before them all, putting up the wire-like object that she'd been fiddling with moments earlier. "You must be our new operatives. And Miss Ilona. My name is Sion Eltnam Atlasia. Good to meet you all," she spoke. Though her words were friendly enough, it was difficult to get that impression from her tone, her stone-cold expression seeming to be the most distinctive thing about her mannerisms.

She gave a small bow, before her eyes briefly glossed over to Starman. "I hate to ask just after introducing myself, but... Have we met before, sir?"

@Josh M @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @Atomyk

Sion01.png

"... Excuse me."

In the midst of the conversation between Ilona, Starman, and Tracer, the girl in the corner appeared before them all, putting up the wire-like object that she'd been fiddling with moments earlier. "You must be our new operatives. And Miss Ilona. My name is Sion Eltnam Atlasia. Good to meet you all," she spoke. Though her words were friendly enough, it was difficult to get that impression from her tone, her stone-cold expression seeming to be the most distinctive thing about her mannerisms.

She gave a small bow, before her eyes briefly glossed over to Starman. "I hate to ask just after introducing myself, but... Have we met before, sir?"

"Hmm? Have we?"

Taking an awful long time to think about that, Starman shook his head.

"Nope! I think I would remember that snazzy hat! So I don't think we've met. Unless you're really Princess Projectra!"

Laughing loudly, Thom stopped suddenly. Now more worried in tone.

"Wait, are you? Jeckie, is that you? "

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Verite
Sion06.png

"Eh? N-No... I do not recognize that name unfortunately," Sion blinked in surprise, almost intimidated by Starman's eccentric mannerisms as evidenced by her eyes suddenly widening a bit, though the young woman attempted to continue remaining professional, clearing her throat and shaking her head, her ponytail wagging a bit in the process.

Sion02.png

"I-In any case, my mistake then. I suppose I must have imagined it," Sion spoke, recovering from what seemed to be a flash of embarrassment, before turning to Tracer and Ilona.

"Miss... Oxton, was it? Or do you prefer your codename, Tracer? I look forward to working with you. And Miss Ilona, I trust that your time at ODMA hasn't been too... strenuous?"

It was an almost awkward display of attempted conversation, comparable to a child being forced by her parent to socialize. One could almost think Waller or Ritsuko had put her up to it, but the thought almost seemed too crude to entertain.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @Josh M

• Love
Reactions: Mason Moretti
Sion06.png

"Eh? N-No... I do not recognize that name unfortunately," Sion blinked in surprise, almost intimidated by Starman's eccentric mannerisms as evidenced by her eyes suddenly widening a bit, though the young woman attempted to continue remaining professional, clearing her throat and shaking her head, her ponytail wagging a bit in the process.

Sion02.png

"I-In any case, my mistake then. I suppose I must have imagined it," Sion spoke, recovering from what seemed to be a flash of embarrassment, before turning to Tracer and Ilona.

"Miss... Oxton, was it? Or do you prefer your codename, Tracer? I look forward to working with you. And Miss Ilona, I trust that your time at ODMA hasn't been too... strenuous?"

It was an almost awkward display of attempted conversation, comparable to a child being forced by her parent to socialize. One could almost think Waller or Ritsuko had put her up to it, but the thought almost seemed too crude to entertain.

"You can call me everythin' else but Miss Oxton, luv!" She responded and chuckled. "If you want to be a real chum then Lena or if you want to stick with codenames then yeah, just call me Tracer. Starman is right by the way. That's a really neat hat!"

Sophie had been hesitant to leave Remnant at first... Having grown so accustomed to having an aura, and a weapon that was... Simultaneously three at the same time, somehow. The world was almost like something out of a fairytale, with a raging battle between light and darkess, and countless heroes and villains crossing paths with one another. The technologies, weapons, and even powers she bore witnessed to in her time there often defied the very understanding of physics and reality as she knew it.

All the same, while she was hesitant to leave ever since the events of the Ultimate Murder Game, and Elsa's death... Ruby's constant pestering finally caused her to give in, though it was largely because of he mention of Ilona, Elsa's daughter, who had been quite the center of attention since the events of the Civil War incident... One that Sophie herself regretted she was not there for, largely due to her reluctance to outright join the coalition, until now.

Her first steps outside of Remnant in what felt like months took a while to accustom to; the aura and even her semblance she had manifested in that world appeared to fade, unlike Ruby's innate one, and well... She quickly found that dust ammunition was not so abundant within the coalition itself, so, she decided to leave the weapon she had once carried around with her in Remnant, behind at Beacon Academy, where it belonged.

It was a little strange to adapt to a more "normal" way of living outside of Remnant, but, fortunately, it didn't take her long to acclimate to life in the Coalition, and... Soon enough, she worked up the courage to begin paying Ilona visits; what started as a small trip to say "Hello", quickly became a series of progressively lengthier trips, with the occasional gift or two Sophie managed to bring along with her.

Perhaps a huge part of the reason why they got along so well was thanks to Ilona's mother... And perhaps her father too. While they certainly had their differences, she could certainly tell the now young woman had inherited at least a few qualities from her mother, qualities that brought back some fond memories she had... Of the time she and Elsa had once spent together, and it wasn't long before she had developed a sort of bond with Ilona.

Slowly but surely, Sophie was beginning to feel like herself again.

As she made her way into the Common Room, having been apparently summoned for some sort of meeting, she couldn't help but notice the absense of Ruby... Who she hoped would show up sooner or later; Beacon took up alot of the huntress in training's time, but well, even so, Ruby always found a way to get around that sort of thing sooner or later.

However, her mind didn't linger on that for too long as she noticed, amongst the few others already gathered in the room... That Ilona was there. While she was still a bit timid about barging into conversations and the like, she nonetheless felt the need to make her presense known somehow, and so... She gave Ilona a friendly wave from where she was, hoping that her actions weren't too subtle to be noticed or anything.

@Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Atomyk @Josh M
"Dis little thing?" Tracer asked pointing towards the chronal accelerator. "Oh just some special somethin' dat allows me to stick around and talk with you fellas!"

@york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Atomyk @Josh M
Sion01.png

"... Excuse me."

"Hmm? Have we?"

Taking an awful long time to think about that, Starman shook his head.

"Nope! I think I would remember that snazzy hat! So I don't think we've met. Unless you're really Princess Projectra!"

Laughing loudly, Thom stopped suddenly. Now more worried in tone.

"Wait, are you? Jeckie, is that you? "
Sion06.png

Sion02.png

"You can call me everythin' else but Miss Oxton, luv!" She responded and chuckled. "If you want to be a real chum then Lena or if you want to stick with codenames then yeah, just call me Tracer. Starman is right by the way. That's a really neat hat!"

JxG1p1V.png

Before anyone else would reply to her, Ilona noticed Sophie come into the room. The blonde's face lit up with a smile, and she waved back to her friend. "Hello, dear Miss Sophie. We have many guests here today. I believe something is going on," she said, again glancing back to the people who were talking with one another.

"Good day, Milady Sion. While I must admit this isn't my favorite place to be, I have my ways of coping," she told the woman, saying nothing further on the matter. "Might I ask what's going on here? I cannot say the company is expected..." Ilona glanced around the room, again observing the other individuals inside it.

JxG1p1V.png

Before anyone else would reply to her, Ilona noticed Sophie come into the room. The blonde's face lit up with a smile, and she waved back to her friend. "Hello, dear Miss Sophie. We have many guests here today. I believe something is going on," she said, again glancing back to the people who were talking with one another.

"Good day, Milady Sion. While I must admit this isn't my favorite place to be, I have my ways of coping," she told the woman, saying nothing further on the matter. "Might I ask what's going on here? I cannot say the company is expected..." Ilona glanced around the room, again observing the other individuals inside it.

Sophie seemed to brighten up when Ilona did... Smiling herself before she finally decided to speak, she sure did take after Elsa... Perhaps that's why she always felt a degree of comfort around her...

"It certainly does seem that way..." She agreed, trailing off a little.

It was a bit of an adjustment, to say the least... With so many people here, some who she recognized... Others, not so much. In either case, it felt a bit more difficult to come up with something to say, but, she figured she'd try and carry on the conversation until their reason for being called here like this was revealed.

Perhaps the sudden presense of so many people had caused a little bit of a lapse into her old behavior, but whatever the case was... She was certainly making an effort to gather her thoughts again, trying her best to keep herself from falling back into old habbits, and while her conversational skills could certainly use some work, it was quite evident that she had come quite a long way from when she had first arrived here.

The worries that she had once had about joining the Coalition, had faded away... And she was finally beginning to feel at home here again. She just hoped that whatever reason they were called here for, wasn't about to change that.​

Sion04.png

"..."

"Understood. Roger that. And... Thank you."

Despite Tracer's casual and friendly demeanor, Sion seemed to maintain her wary one in contrast, remaining formal and reserved, the "thank you" tacked on at the end seeming rather out of place. No one had really complimented her hat before, or even her in general, so it was difficult to gauge a reaction to such a... such a useless thing to say, but it was no matter. Useless, but completely harmless, at least.

Turning to Ilona with that, the lavender-haired young woman gave a nod.

Sion03.png

"I see. Well... I regret that it can't be helped if things aren't to your exact liking, but if you are managing aptly..." Sion continued, seeming to come off more brusque than intended, but continuing as though she didn't notice, "As for what everyone is doing here... I think it would be best to wait for Ms. Lalonde and Akagi to gather their bearings and explain it themselves. I only know an inkling or so of the subject at hand, so I would not be able to give the full picture, unfortunately, so in the meantime, patience will be your best virtue."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @Josh M @york @Atomyk

vKwQhFD.png

Misaka fixed Starman a look and shook her head. "Gee, where have they been keeping you people..."

Having waited for everyone to gather themselves, Lalonde finally spoke up. "As all of you should know by now, Ilona is with us as we try to figure out her powers together. So far, our training has prioritized the young woman's latent destructive abilities. Though Ilona has not yet achieved total control of this power, we believe training another aspect of her abilities will greatly advance her training. As it turns out, our goals with Ilona are in-line with our other interests."

She extended her hand toward Misaka. "This other young woman experienced a chronal anomaly when coming in contact with an individual named Junko Enoshima. She became misplaced in time due to what we have theorized to be latent energy from Miss Enoshima's abilities. Thankfully, she has become stabilized, but now possesses a link with Miss Enoshima that we have used to determine a point in time where Junko can be found."

"I've been wondering about that," Misaka said. She looked at both Lalonde and Ritsuko, not sure which one to address. "Do you think this link is ever going to go away? Will I start jumping through time again?"

85kCPQW.png

"Hm." Lalonde pondered on this for a moment. "... I can't say for sure at this time. What we desire, dear, is to bring Junko to us and put her through training, much like Ilona, for both of them carry a destructive power that can not be ignored, especially not after the destruction of the Coalition's headquarters. Perhaps then we can figure out your connection to her."

"Well, where is she then? What did you mean by 'a point in time?'"

"You see... Miss Enoshima is known to jump not only between dimensions but through time as well. This may sound strange, but we now know that she was present for an event some of you are familiar with. A Murder Game... The Fiamma Incident, in particular."

Misaka scoffed. "This some kind of joke?! I was there and I didn't see her!"

"It's not as simple as that," Lalonde said, sounding a bit unsure of herself for once. "Not every Murder Game has been perfectly documented, and some secrets could have eluded even the participants. Hopefully, these secrets will be revealed soon enough, as it is our desire to send Ilona to this point in time in order to retrieve Miss Enoshima." Lalonde paused, but before anyone could properly respond she quickly added, "And anyone who desires to go with her. This may be a difficult operation and we do request everyone's help. You are here today due in part do to your unique abilities and experiences with chronal matters."

Sion04.png

"..."

"Understood. Roger that. And... Thank you."

Despite Tracer's casual and friendly demeanor, Sion seemed to maintain her wary one in contrast, remaining formal and reserved, the "thank you" tacked on at the end seeming rather out of place. No one had really complimented her hat before, or even her in general, so it was difficult to gauge a reaction to such a... such a useless thing to say, but it was no matter. Useless, but completely harmless, at least.

Turning to Ilona with that, the lavender-haired young woman gave a nod.

Sion03.png

"I see. Well... I regret that it can't be helped if things aren't to your exact liking, but if you are managing aptly..." Sion continued, seeming to come off more brusque than intended, but continuing as though she didn't notice, "As for what everyone is doing here... I think it would be best to wait for Ms. Lalonde and Akagi to gather their bearings and explain it themselves. I only know an inkling or so of the subject at hand, so I would not be able to give the full picture, unfortunately, so in the meantime, patience will be your best virtue."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @Josh M @york @Atomyk
vKwQhFD.png

Misaka fixed Starman a look and shook her head. "Gee, where have they been keeping you people..."

Having waited for everyone to gather themselves, Lalonde finally spoke up. "As all of you should know by now, Ilona is with us as we try to figure out her powers together. So far, our training has prioritized the young woman's latent destructive abilities. Though Ilona has not yet achieved total control of this power, we believe training another aspect of her abilities will greatly advance her training. As it turns out, our goals with Ilona are in-line with our other interests."

She extended her hand toward Misaka. "This other young woman experienced a chronal anomaly when coming in contact with an individual named Junko Enoshima. She became misplaced in time due to what we have theorized to be latent energy from Miss Enoshima's abilities. Thankfully, she has become stabilized, but now possesses a link with Miss Enoshima that we have used to determine a point in time where Junko can be found."

"I've been wondering about that," Misaka said. She looked at both Lalonde and Ritsuko, not sure which one to address. "Do you think this link is ever going to go away? Will I start jumping through time again?"

85kCPQW.png

"Hm." Lalonde pondered on this for a moment. "... I can't say for sure at this time. What we desire, dear, is to bring Junko to us and put her through training, much like Ilona, for both of them carry a destructive power that can not be ignored, especially not after the destruction of the Coalition's headquarters. Perhaps then we can figure out your connection to her."

"Well, where is she then? What did you mean by 'a point in time?'"

"You see... Miss Enoshima is known to jump not only between dimensions but through time as well. This may sound strange, but we now know that she was present for an event some of you are familiar with. A Murder Game... The Fiamma Incident, in particular."

Misaka scoffed. "This some kind of joke?! I was there and I didn't see her!"

"It's not as simple as that," Lalonde said, sounding a bit unsure of herself for once. "Not every Murder Game has been perfectly documented, and some secrets could have eluded even the participants. Hopefully, these secrets will be revealed soon enough, as it is our desire to send Ilona to this point in time in order to retrieve Miss Enoshima." Lalonde paused, but before anyone could properly respond she quickly added, "And anyone who desires to go with her. This may be a difficult operation and we do request everyone's help. You are here today due in part do to your unique abilities and experiences with chronal matters."

Ilona gave Miss Sion a polite nod, waiting for a moment for Miss Lalonde to explain what exactly was going on. She listened patiently, her blue eyes slightly widened and her heart skipped a beat when she would hear the situation explained. Well, she certainly hadn't been expecting to hear anything like this...

"Miss Lalonde, much like Miss Mikasa, I too was involved in the Fiamma Incident. Could it not pose a problem if the two of us were to run into our younger selves by mistake? I have no memory of ever running into an older version of myself back then. Couldn't our presence in that time be dangerous?"

There was a problem Ilona could already feel brewing inside her just at the thought of returning to the Fiamma Incident: temptation. Back then, she met Ryan and Minato, two very precious people to her whom she would likely never see again. Sneaking a peek at them during this rare opportunity would be difficult for her not to do. Would she really be cut out for a job like this? Ilona wasn't entirely sure if she trusted herself...

Changing anything at all might be very bad for her to do. The end of the Fiamma Incident led to her ending up in a place called Alola, a place where she met the master who had trained her to properly use her teleportation powers. If this were to change, and for some reason she didn't end up meeting her master, Ilona didn't even want to think about how that would change her entire life...

"A very good question," Lalonde said as if she'd expected it. "While this is all highly theoretical, we believe the safest course of action is to make no attempt to change the course of known history. If you did not see yourself in the past, then you definitely want to avoid running into your younger self. As there's no account of either of you being seen in two places at once, it is best if all of you avoid any of the participants of that incident."

Misaka was shaking her head. "So you're going off the idea history was already written with us going back in time in mind?"

Lalonde shared a glance with Ritsuko. "... Sort of. We can't say for sure. Perhaps we are all here in this timeline after we have already sent you back to the past. An interesting idea, to be sure. Time manipulation seems to have different properties throughout universes, but we can't say what changing time on a multiversal level will bring."

NPt7aV9.png

"But..." Misaka searched for the right words, her fists clenched. "... People died. We can't stop those deaths?"

"I'm... afraid not, dear. We simply do not know what would happen."

• Nice Execution!
31565c2facc74e83b11e82b245e9866e.png

"Sometimes, I almost miss the times when I wasn't even aware of the grand multiverse, let alone prospects of time travel," Ritsuko sighed, continuing to smoke her cigarette, puffing out the gray vapor that was almost able to be absorbed by a number of others in the room. After a moment of letting Lalonde and Misaka speak, Ritsuko put in her own two cents into the matter.

"From past experience, I can tell you, Miss Misaka, that I understand the greater good is seldom the most popular option, but... Are you willing to risk tearing apart the established fabric of space-time for just a few lives?" She questioned, "We all would love an outcome in which no one dies, but more often than not, we have to make do with what we can do. Otherwise, we'll lose everything while wasting time trying to stand upon the higher moral ground and fighting voices of reason with weapons of extreme naivety."

Those who were present could practically hear Ritsuko refer to the Coalition Civil War without even having to hear her utter the phrase, though her tone was more tired and cynical than irritated or so, as though she were no stranger to these ordeals. And certainly, while she almost felt like she was being too harsh to a child such as Misaka, though once again, 14 year old children in her world...

"In any case, this is a serious operation. And your mind should only be focused on nothing but the objective at hand which, as Ms. Lalonde had said, is to retrieve Junko Enoshima, the anomaly moving back through time in the Murder Games."

Sion01.png

"And that is where I come in," Sion added, injecting herself into the conversation, "You see, everyone, I actually originate from the world in which the Fiamma Incident took place in. That is, the world that the true mastermind of the event, Kirei Kotomine, originated from. I understand the workings of the world better than everyone else here, so not only will I be acting as your supervisor during the mission, I'll do my best to simultaneously act as your guide through the world."

@Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Josh M @Jeremi @york

Status
Not open for further replies.