Time is Near

Cecilia disliked guns, and shied away from violence as much as possible. It wasn't the blood that bothered. She wouldn't be able to perform surgery if she was, but the joy that some people got from killing other creatures. Her life's work was trying to save people, so guns and war went against her being. That doesn't mean that when push comes to shove she wouldn't defend herself. With a hesitation she took the gun from Jodi hoping she wouldn't have to use it, and stuck it into a pocket on the side of the kit which was usually used to hold the samples. "I will be okay," she reassured Jodi and walked up to the shed.

Cecilia closed the shed door behind herself. She was surprised to find Jenna inside. "You purposefully hid a bite from me? I suppose it doesn't really matter now, but you put others in danger. I could have helped you from the beginning," she said to the young girl. She knew Jenna must have been scared when the bite happened, but that is not an excuse to not tell her doctor. She sighed, "I won't say any more about it. Let me have a look at you." The bite looked like the many other lub-lub bites Cecilia had seen previously. Jenna's pulse was elevated, but that might just be due to fear or adrenaline. Opening the kit Cecilia took out a needle and a few vials out. "I need to take some blood. You have done this before. It will only take 30 seconds," she said calmly to Jenna. From years of practice Cecilia got a vain first try and filled the vials rapidly. Removing the needle, she taped a piece of gauze on Jenna. "There you go that wasn't bad at all. I will be back in a bit to check on you, okay?" she asked as she packed up the kit. It was going to be a long night. There was no way she wasn't going to start processing these samples immediately. She wished she could bring Jenna back with her to the clinic to watch her.

Outside she gave Jodi back the pistol. The crowd had not dissipated and was watching Cecilia. "I know you are all frightened by this situation, but I saw Jenna shortly after the lub-lub attacked her. It was five hours ago, and I had believed that she had not been bitten."

Someone in the crowd shouted, "How did you miss that? We trust you to keep us safe."

"I don't know how I missed it, and I cannot explain why I did. All I can do is not make that mistake again. Jenna is still human and appears sound of mind and body, and shows no signs of illness as far as I can tell. I suggest you all go about your business and let Jodi do her job instead of idling around," she told them.

"No," Clayton said, "no pain."
He didn't like the idea of not having the wear the bandage. He couldn't even stand seeing himself without it in the privacy of his own quarters.
As it turned out, he didn't have much time to contemplate this as Cecilia was bolting out of the room a the sound of a commotion. Clayton hastily finished wrapping the new bandage around his eye and then raced out himself.
It was easy to figure out where the disturbance was coming from, and it was all he could do to make out what was going on from the panicked whispers of the people gathered around.
He pushed past them to try and get to the front, seeing a familiar face.
"Phoebe!" He called, approaching her, "What's going on here?"

Pheobe stood where she was as Clayton approached.
"About five hours ago Jenna was bit by a Lub Lub. She hasn't turned, so they are putting her in the shed for a day or so until they prove she won't turn. Then she definitely will be tested on. At least i think so. For a cure." She cringed. She couldn't stand needles, and testing took lots of them. She sat up on a barrel nearby, throwing the pack for Jenna over her shoulder. She sighed.
"Do you mind coming up with me? Im going to give Jenna some of her stuff so she isn't bored or deprived... Just so she knows someone cares." She said, lowering her head slightly. She was going to see if the guards would understand, and let her. She wanted to bring Clayton so she wouldn't attack them ferociously if they refused.

Hasn't turned? That didn't make any damn sense. Again he was reminded of that little shit Ritchy bringing Lub-lubs into town, like he was some kind of badass hunter. He hadn't even checked to make sure they were all properly dead.
But the thought of a cure? Nobody had ever come close to something like that before, no cases of immunity or even resistance had ever been reported. It had been the same thing for everyone. Within a window of a few short hours they were going insane and then turning black.
"Yeah, sure," Clayton said, glancing around at the tense crowd and putting a hand on his revolver, "I don't think we want to get caught in the middle of these people when somebody finally snaps."
Clayton looked from Cecilia to the mob again and shook his head, "Cecilia, you might want to come with us as well, or at least keep some guards close by."

"If we want to avoid the crowd, we may have to take the rooftops. I know lots of pathways up there. But we need to get to Jonni and some of the other guards to have permission to give Jenna her stuff." Said Pheobe. She hopped off her barrel and stretched a bit, awaiting Cecilia's reply.