Time Changes Everything

Hermione could help letting out a short laugh when he rubbed his face obviously remembering the punch she'd given him all those years ago. Hopefully he'd remember how quick and discrete she was with most spells as well. She really hated filling out reports with the Ministry. It usually ended in her having to go out with one of the guys and having a horrible night. Hermione felt him taking in her new look as she said, "I can think of quite a few as well." Mainly that she was a side attraction for his feud with Harry. Taking a deep breath and letting it out she shook her head at his question about her character then and now.

"Actually you will be surprised to know that I am not an 'insufferable know-it-all'," Hermione responded happily. "If anything I'm an insufferable go-getter now," She smirked at her own inside joke because technically that was what she did for a living. "I would ask you if you were still a muggle hating ass hole but I can see at least half of that name has changed." She couldn't deny that having him so close to her once more was like running your hand very close to a fire but barely getting burnt. However she'd have to be careful and not reveal too much or else he'd surely catch on. One thing Draco Malfoy was clearly not was an idiot.

Taking another drink she looked over at him to study his features. Curiously she wanted to ask why he was here in a muggle bar. He'd had muggle money earlier as well so he must be fully aware of how muggles operate, such knowledge couldn't be learned by just watching though. No, he'd spent time learning and doing as muggles did. That Hermione was sure of. "Tell me Malfoy, what have you been up to these last 5 years. Of course well I suppose?" For some reason she was very curious what business he'd been involved in during the years following the war. He was definitely dressed in his best and Malfoy's were known to bounce back in the wizarding world.

A brow curiously rose as she laughed when he rubbed his face, making it obvious she was remembering the same memory he was, which made his eyes flash. Even though it had been years since the two had seen each other, they were still who they were, and Draco didn't quite like it when the woman laughed at him. But now and here was not the place to get angry, he would just have to keep his calm, "Yes, I'm sure you could."

Chuckling as Hermione answered his question, Draco casually ran a hand through his hair as he took a sip of his drink, "I suppose that is a good thing." Though he did note the way she explained how she was now, as Draco found it quite interesting, though he would never tell her or anybody else that. Raising his brow again as the female commented on how Draco was now, his smirk slid back onto his lips, "You are quite observant, Granger."

Studying Hermione as she questioned him about the last five years of his life, Draco narrowed his eyes lightly, focusing on her face, "Well, after you lot threw my father into Azkaban, I had no urge to stay here any longer. So I left. Started finding artifacts for a collection of mine, as well as doing little jobs here and there that interest me." The male had no problem in explaining what he had been doing to the woman before him, as it didn't matter if she knew or not. He was no longer doing anything against the wizarding law, and he was keeping to himself more often than not.

"What's an insufferable little witch like you doing? Still hanging around with Potter and the weasel?" The smirk grew on the blonde's lips as he remembered the nicknames he used to use in school. Sometimes it brought back good memories, other times it reminded him of the image that was still burned into his arm. The Dark Lord's mark didn't go away even though the man was finally dead, and it was always a reminder to Draco of what he was forced into when he was a minor.

There was a flash of anger in Malfoy's eyes and she almost just almost felt bad that she'd laughed out loud. When he mentioned his father Hermione heard the tone in his voice. He was clearly very angry still. She took a deep breath forcing herself to not show how uneasy she was feeling or how badly she wanted to respond that his father had made his own choices. That none of them had anything to do with it the choices he made that sent his father to Azkaban. But she really didn't want to fight with him especially since they were surrounded by muggles who could get harmed. She raised her brow curiously when he mentions finding artifacts for his collection. She was rather intrigued by this. "Really? I have quite a few myself. Is there a region you're fascinated with particularly?" Hermione asked her eyes sparkling with excitement. She loved discussing things like this still to this day. It'd always been a passion of hers even as a child.

She nodded thoughtfully wondering what kind of odd jobs he was taking but chose not to ask. At the mention of Harry and Ron Hermione looked down at her glass hoping he didn't see the look annoyance that came across her face. She'd known he'd ask about them but damn it why did everyone have to jump there so soon. This was perhaps why she'd went on her first adventure. She'd been asked by a friend to help find a rare herb that no one had been able to find in nearly a hundred years with remarkable healing powers. Harry and Ron were still trying to convince her to join them and be the trio again. When she found out that the head of the aurors said she didn't have to fill out the application because she was part of the trio that'd been the last straw for her.

She finished her drink off and ordered a vodka and dr. pepper instructing him that it should be mostly vodka as she thought about how she should respond to his question about Harry and Ron. "We see each other when I'm in London or on holidays and things. We write occasionally . . . but we aren't as close as we were back then," She pauses taking a drink from her new glass enjoying the feel of the burn down her throat, "At least for me anyway." Giving him a smile she said happily though, "I've been traveling mostly. Doing this or that for wizarding scholars around the globe and having adventures of my own." She couldn't help looking over at him like she knew a secret he didn't though giving him a brighter smile. If he only knew she'd just gotten back from an amazing adventure on his dime . . .

Sharp grey eyes focused on her face the whole time, trying to gauge just how she was responding to his words, Draco enjoyed watching others become uncomfortable when he spoke, especially when he held anger for the said person. Raising his glass to his lips, Draco finished off what was left of his drink before setting the glass on the table. The alcohol wasn't quite affecting him as he had wished, just making a very warm feeling appear in his stomach. Finally moving his eyes away from Hermione, he waved down the bartender to order another shot and a beer. When the shot was poured, Draco lifted it to his lips and downed it quickly, paying and then grabbing his beer.

"I've found myself intrigued by Italy and Egypt mostly. Found most of my artifacts in those two places." When he spoke of his collection, it was always with high regard. It was a hobby he enjoyed deeply, and he loved when he found a new item that he could research and find some deep magical meaning about it. Most of his artifacts were stored away, though he did keep some around his home, the ones that struck him the most. After his mention of Harry and Ron, he watched annoyance flit across the woman's face, and he smirked lightly at that before raising his beer glass to his lips.

As she spoke about the two and how she wasn't as close to them as they once had been in school, Draco was quite interested by that fact. In school, the three were almost inseparable, only seeming to be away from each other when the witch before him was being a know-it-all. Listening to the rest of what Hermione was saying, Draco casually nodded his head a few times, thinking over what she said in his head. So, she liked to travel? That was quite interesting. Though he didn't know why.

"Interesting. Always thought you and the weasel would be happily married by now and popping out little weasels." The comment made the blonde chuckle, though he had always thought it would be Hermione and that Potter boy to end up together. Either way, it didn't much matter to Draco how their lives turned out, so long as it was just as horrid as his father's was.

"Adventures? And where, exactly, do you go when on these adventures?" The male wasn't asking before he was interested in Hermione's life, but more so because she mentioned she had some artifacts as well and maybe she would give him some new places to search in his quest to finish his collection.

When Malfoy spoke about his collection it was obvious that he took pride and joy in it. She hadn't expected them to have anything in common let alone muggle places and artifacts though after the meeting earlier she'd put that one together quickly. "I love Italy and find Egypt fascinating however if you really want to see ancient artifacts with magical qualities there's no one like the tribals all over. They're hard as hell to find unless you know where to look. Took me three entire months to find a system to their paths hidden amongst the wild and another month to get them to allow me to come close enough to have a conversation!" Hermione paused to take a drink from her already half empty glass.

She watched Malfoy carefully. He was obviously still angry about his father being in prison but here he was chatting with her. He had to want revenge but she could of held a grudge against him as well. Her parents were alive and would never even know they had a child. His at least knew him. She pushed back the thoughts of bitterness she had for the entire war. She'd long ago found peace with the choice she'd made however that didn't mean she didn't feel the loss more often than not. She knew she wouldn't be trusting Malfoy not at all.

His question pulled Hermione out of her own thoughts of distrust and she had to focus on the last of his question to guess at the beginning. "Oh I go all over the world. Mostly doing research for wizards and witches who are struggling with this or that," she said as if it really wasn't her passion anymore. In all honestly doing research and helping others where mainly covers. She didn't want to go into too much details about it. He was always going after what he wanted and he'd be smart enough if he dug around to see whole months where she'd be away but nothing going on with her cover.

The tribes? Draco contemplated that as he rubbed the back of his neck, he knew that they held many secrets but to wander into their territory would be a much bigger feat. Sipping at his beer, the male wondered how she knew all of this, and how she had accomplished it all on her own. He knew she was a bright witch, but he wasn't exactly a dumb wizard, and he still had to seek assistance from others. Just like when he had had to reach out to Lady H to retrieve the book he had been searching for for months. Now that he had it though, some of his other quests won't be that difficult. Reaching up to pat the breast pocket of his shirt, Draco made sure the book was still there. He had switched it from his jacket to his shirt when he left his jacket at coat check.

"I might just have to go and check that out." He muttered as he sipped again at his beer, his mind wasn't too much on the conversation anymore. Rather, he was thinking about his next outing to search for more artifacts. He already had one in mind, and would probably be leaving in the next few days to go and search it out. This one was something that Draco had been pining for for years now. Refocusing his gaze on Hermione, the blonde nodded his head as he listened, "Oh, and what kind of research might that be?" It wasn't like he was actually interested in what she was saying, but for some reason he felt like her answer might lead him to something a bit larger at hand. The way she was talking about her artifacts, how she knew the tribes had plenty of items that would be interesting to find, and how she did research all over the world for 'struggling' wizards and witches, Draco figured she might actually slip something that could be important to him.

Taking the last swig of his beer, Draco set the empty glass on the counter, relishing in the warm feeling in his stomach. The shots and beer were doing wonders, though it wasn't quite effecting his mind just yet. He was hoping if he could drink a bit more, it would serve as a good excuse as to why he was still chatting away with Hermione Granger. Even with the years that have passed, Draco was still against the Golden Trio. He despised each one of them, but now with Hermione's comments about artifacts and where he might be able to find more, he was more interested in that aspect than about talking to the woman. Though he couldn't complain about how attractive she had become, especially with her hair being more manageable.

Hermione saw him think over her responses and watched as he patted his breast pocket. She was sure he'd put the book in there for safekeeping. He had paid handsomely for it so it was understandable he'd wanted to keep it on him. Pausing as he asked about her research she noted how he phrased it. He was fishing for information. Sighing she thought to herself 'some things will never change'. "It's mostly for the wizarding universities, restoration societies, and research departments here and there. It's interesting enough and keeps the bills paid but the down side is I'm not here very often," She said with a sigh.

She loved the traveling and especially the adventures she had as Lady H. However, she did miss the comforts of home and the twins more often than not. Finishing her drink Hermione didn't order another. "I think," she said as she stood gracefully up, "I'm going to go dance some more. After all, I don't want it to affect my reputation being seen talking to Draco Malfoy," She said teasingly knowing that was how he thought back in school if not still thinking so now. "It was a pleasure seeing you Malfoy, do take care."

Not giving him a chance to ask any more questions she turned and started dancing back to the floor having cooled off while catching up with him. So many questions she wanted to ask about his life now and his artifacts however she refrained. She was about to start a dangerous game with Malfoy as Lady H, adding incidents between the two of them without her disguise would surely mean catastrophe.

A feeling was itching at him, one that made him think that Hermione wasn't telling him the whole truth of what she actually did. Maybe it was for the fact that it was Draco Malfoy who was asking, or maybe it was just because she didn't want to tell. Either way, Draco brushed it off for now, figuring he would be able to figure it all out later. He wasn't a Malfoy for nothing. He could easily pay somebody to find the information that he needed.

Raising a brow as the woman before him explained she was going to go back to dancing, and that she didn't want to ruin her reputation by speaking with him, Draco snorted. He knew she was joking, but the thought was amusing none the less. Sipping at his beer, he watched her take her leave, "As you, Granger." Grey eyes watched her move back onto the dance floor, as the male sipped at his drink. He was sufficiently warm feeling inside, and he figured he might as well take his leave.

Setting his empty glass on the table, Draco patted his breast pocket one last time to confirm the book was still in place, and then started making his way to the coat check to get his jacket before he took his leave. He had had quite an eventful evening, first starting with Lady H and then seeing Granger at the bar. Lots of information and questions were running through his mind, questions that he would soon find answers to.

As he slipped into his jacket, Draco glanced back over his shoulder, smirking as he wondered about Hermione. Shaking his head, the blonde started for the entrance to the bar, buttoning up his jacket as he glanced around him. Looking for a good spot to apparate from, Draco slipped into an alley way and apparated to the Malfoy Manor. He knew his mother wouldn't be awake, so he simply slipped into his old room and would see her when he woke up the next morning.

Seeing Malfoy leave Hermione felt a mixture of emotions. On one hand she sighed with relief no longer having to worry about letting anything sleep that would automatically clue him in that she was Lady H. However after the initial relief sunk in another, more unexpected feeling immerged. She felt bored. Very bored actually, more than she'd ever felt in her life. Here she was in a crowded room full of eye candy of all flavors that she could have her pick of and she felt extremely uninterested in all of them.

Hermione tried, really tried to get back in the mood for partying. She drank several more drinks until she was stumbling to the bathroom after leaving a string of very upset men in her wake. Some preppy girls were in there just fixing their make up and chatting. "Oh my god! I'm going to puke," She said stumbling to the nearest stall not even closing the door. The girls shrieked and rushed out. Chuckling to herself Hermione closed the door and apparated to her flat.

However in her very intoxicated state she did not end up in her own room, on her couch or even in her bathroom. No, she landed with a soft thud on one of the twins in their own bed at that. "Owww!" He exclaimed in shock. Hermione giggled and shhhhed him loudly. "Mione?" the twin asked fumbling for his lamp switch. "George?!" Fred called out rushing into his twin's room with wand drawn just and Fred found the light. It filled the room revealing a very drunk Hermione Granger who happened to be sitting on George's lap at the moment. "Busted," Hermione said trying not to smile too much. However three seconds was all she lasted as she burst into a fit of giggles. "I think I've found something," she said mysteriously as she slid off George's lap and tackled him into a hug instead.

Fred put his wand away and came over to pry his friend off of his twin who was really too shocked to do anything. He hardly had anything on and while Hermione was very attractive and had walked in on him in the shower plenty of times he was not intent on ruining said friendship especially since she was drunk. As he slid off the bed and went to find a pair of boxers to put on Hermione leaned over the side of his bed and began shuffling through the discarded items under there.

Once decent Fred and George shared a worried look. The last time Hermione had been this drunk had been the night she'd asked them to move in with her. She'd been so upset because of a fight she'd had with Harry and Ron about becoming an auror she spent the entire night drinking, hitting on the both of them and then finally nearly burning the flat to the ground right before she passed out. However . . . this time was by far scarier. They'd seen Hermione at her lowest point, seen her more pissed than a dragon trying to protect her egg however they'd never seen her happy at this level.

"Ah her!!!" Hermione exclaimed finding what she'd been so intently looking for under George's bed. She tried to sit back up and nearly fell off the bed face first. Luckily the twins caught her and hauled her back up. Falling back on the bed laughing again she was grinning in triumph as she held a very large bottle of fire whiskey. "Nothing like it," She said twisting the cap this way and that. Fred hastily took it from her to open it as George asked, "Hermione . . . dear. . . what on earth have you been doing?"

Laughing she shook her head and said, "Lady H started it. Or should I say one Draco Malfoy who sent her me to finds something for he." Fred and George were shocked by this news. So the ferret had finally requested something from Lady H? Was Hermione celebrating that she had finally reached the level of the most wanted, trusted, and relied on finder if the highest families were using her services? Fred looked her over thoroughly. They had to be missing something. There was a lightness to her features he hadn't seen before, a brightness in her eyes that was pure energy it seemed.

However they'd be getting no straight answers from their friend tonight. She had already had three swigs straight from the bottle and was too far-gone to speak on anything and make sense. Finally half a bottle of fire whiskey and an hour later Hermione passed out in George's bed curled up with the caped bottle and a smile on her face.

The next morning, Draco woke with no hangover or headache, which was pure bliss but was assumed seeing as he didn't drink that much the night before. Changing out of his sweatpants into a more suitable attire, the male fixed his messy hair before leaving his old bedroom. He was back at the Malfoy Manor and it felt just as strange as when he left it. Yawning as he moved down the hallway, he wondered how his mother was going to react when she caught sight of him.

"Draco dear, I'm so glad you're home!" The reaction was just as he expected, lots of hugging and lots of kissing. Draco figured his mother was getting quite lonely at the home by herself, seeing as most of his family was either dead or locked up in Azkaban. Sighing heavily, the male announced his happiness of seeing his mother again, before moving to pour himself a cup of coffee and move to sit at the table.

The two discussed what each of them had been up to lately, and Draco made sure his mother was doing fine with him gone. He knew that she was still very sad at having her husband locked away. But Draco was slowly realizing that his mother was stronger than he thought, and he smiled lightly to himself.

"I've got some business to attend to in London today. But I should be back home for dinner." The male stood up gracefully, moving to give his mother a kiss on the cheek before he made his way back to his room. He was going to do a bit of research in London, hopefully to uncover some answers to his questions. Of course, he would also need to pay a visit to Diagon Alley, hopefully to get more of his questions answered.

"Ooooo," Hermione groaned in pain as she rolled over pushing the half empty bottle of fire whiskey away from her. "Never again," she muttered quietly rubbing her temples and sliding off of George's bed. She sniffed the air grinning though even this hurt. The twins were up and making breakfast. Pancakes and bacon extra crispy just the way she liked it. Hermione knew it was a trap. She'd come home drunk to drink and sure enough her mouth must have slipped something about Draco Malfoy. Now they were going to grill her for information. Lovely.

Deciding to post pone the interrogation as long as possible Hermione slipped out of George's room and into her own. Pulling a hangover away potion from her dresser drawer Hermione downed the putrid thick liquid if you could call it a liquid even. Grabbing a change of clothes she went to the bathroom and turned on the shower as hot as she could stand it. What had she let slip last night? What could it have been?

Giving up she sighed and quickly finished showering. After drying off she pulled on a pair of pants and a blue v neck t-shirt before hanging her head and walking towards the kitchen slightly shuffling her feet. "So---," Fred said as George sat a full plate in front of her as she slid into a chair at the bar. "'Mione, tell us what have you been up to?" George asked.

"Well . . ." She said as she cut a piece of pancake and put it in her mouth. How should she answer their question? "Oh you know this and that . . . " The twins were not having this as they pulled her plate away from her before she could even swipe a piece of bacon. She pouted and crossed her arms over her chest. "Not playing fair," She mumbled grumpily. The twins just shook their heads and said; "You should know this by now my dear."

"Fine. Draco Malfoy has met Lady H and it was a rather amusing spectacle. I do believe he's thoroughly charmed by me," Hermione said smugly as she pulled the plate back to her digging into it happily. The twins exchanged a look and then pulled the plate back from her. "Details please." Fred said swirling a piece of bacon in syrup teasing her. Hermione glared daggers as George said, "You seem like you were far too happy last night merely to be celebrating finally reaching the top."

Hermione frowned and thought back. She remembered being happy but had she really been happy enough for it to be odd? She tried to be happy all the time and most of the time she managed to stays extremely happy. The thought worried her and Hermione pushed off from the bar. "Where are you going?" They asked together. "To Diagon Alley," Hermione said matter-of-factly, "To get a meal without having to talk for it." She kissed both of them on the cheek and apparated away before they could even protest. Laughing to herself she walked down the cobbled streets humming and walking towards Gringotts.

Moving down the streets of Diagon Alley, the young male was obviously determined to get somewhere and wasn't letting anything get in his way. He had already done what he needed to do in London, and was now getting his duties down in Diagon Alley. Hands were pushed into the pockets of his peacoat as he strolled down the street, finally coming to an unmarked building. Checking around him, Draco sighed as he slipped inside. Some old habits just never died, and he shook his head as he remembered he didn't need to hide anymore. He wasn't doing anything wrong, and thus he didn't need to check over his shoulder every five minutes for someone that might catch him. Though, with the mark still evident on his arm, Draco feared that most of his old habits would never die out.

Moving towards the back of the shop, Draco finally relaxed as he spotted the older man sitting at the desk. Smiling warmly, the blonde reached out his hand to shake the other man's, "William, it's been awhile." The two exchanged pleasantries, more about what they've been doing lately and how life was treating them. Draco had met William a long time ago, when he was searching for one of his other artifacts. One that was eluding him greatly, and he had stumbled into William's shop having been led there by a man with the knowledge of where the artifact might be. William had offered him the help he needed, and soon enough Draco had found the artifact.

"I need your help again, William. I recently had some help finding an old book, and I was wondering if you might know who had helped me. She goes by Lady H and she had attended Hogwarts the same time I did." Draco swirled the contents of his cup as he remember his encounter with the woman. His mind was still reeling on the facts he had learned when they had met atop that building. He wanted to know who she was, and he wanted to know soon, "She was hiding beneath a spelled cloak. I couldn't see her face, so I have no hint at who she might be."

Running a hand through his hair, Draco fixed his eyes on William, hoping that the man across from him had some kind of insight in who the woman might be. Shifting in his seat, Draco checked the watch on his wrist and sighed, "Unfortunately, I must be leaving. I've got to collect a few more things before heading back to the manor. If you get any information, do call." With that, the men exchanged good byes, and Draco exited the shop in hopes that the man might be able to help in his quest in learning who this woman was. He knew she would be good for him, he needed an employee like that, someone to help him in finding the artifacts he needed.

Hermione remembered the first time she'd been to Diagon Alley. She'd known nothing about witches and wizards besides the stories muggles told their children. It was all too much to take in and yet she'd wanted to know much more about the world she'd been thrust into. She paused remembering how her father and mother had been slightly afraid though had put on a brave face for their one and only daughter. A look of sadness crossed her face. She wished she could bring them here again; show them everything that she'd learned with her magic.

"Oh Hermione dear is that you?" A voice called out to her pulling her from thoughts of her parents. Turning she smiled brightly recognizing Mr. Hadler from Eeylops Owl Emporium. "Adam!" She exclaimed happily, "It's been a while. How are your wife and son doing?" "Oh they're fine fine. Ryan's starting Hogwarts this year! Can't tell you how excited Maggie and I are," He told her proudly. "That's excellent. Just tell him to mind his studies and not get caught up in too many rivalries," Hermione responded. She'd have to drop by Hogwarts at some point this year.

Neville Longbottom had followed his passion and became the Herbology professor. She hadn't seen him in a few years but she did frequently write him. However she had seen Luna and their two children. Funny that their entire relationship had started from a dare. "Hermione," Adam said seriously edging closer to her and glancing around. "A package came for you just yesterday," He said motioning for her to follow him. Hermione's curiosity piqued. Who would be sending a package for her to the Emporium? Following him inside the Emporium he closed the door behind them and went to the back. While she waited Hermione petted a pretty tawny owl.

"Aww here it is," Adam said slowly as he placed a box on the counter no larger than a wand box. Stepping to the opposite side she smiled and saw a message scrawled in blue ink. "Happy Birthday love," it read in flawless cursive. Hermione recognized the writing immediately and slipped it into her coat pocket with a soft smile gracing her lips. "Thanks Adam," she said simply, "I'll send an owl to Neville and let him know Ryan's coming this year. He'll look after him for you and Maggie."

Adam stifled his curiosity about the package and nodded his appreciation as he watched Hermione waved her good bye and headed to Gringotts again. She'd nearly forgotten her birthday would be this week. She wondered what she'd do this year? A blush rose to her cheek as she remembered how she'd spent last year's birthday. It had been a night to remember with one Blaise Zambini. She shocked him more than anyone else though she'd been very very drunk by the time Zambini showed up.

Shaking her head she pushed open the doors to Gringotts humming to herself with a new happiness in her heart. Perhaps she'd see Blaise this year as well.

Everything seemed to be falling into perfect place. He had William on his side, helping in his quest to figure out who Lady H was. He was also successfully in search of a few more artifacts, thanks to the book that the before mentioned Lady H had found for him. Smiling lightly, the blonde moved down the street of Diagon Alley, know that everything would be back to normal soon enough. He would once again be off hunting for artifacts, and wouldn't have to be in London anymore. He didn't mind the place too much, there was just a lot of memories and a big past that he'd much rather forget about. Or at least push to the back of his mind.

Shaking the thoughts from his head, Draco pulled his hand from his pocket to check the time on his watch, he still had quite a bit of time before dinner that night. He would need to stop by a few more places before he headed back to the manor. First place would need to be Gringotts so he could pick up a bit more money, both from his world and the muggle world. He was going to surprise his mother by purchasing and making dinner. Running a hand through his hair, Draco glanced around the street as he walked towards the wizarding bank.

A few years back, Draco had left most of his collections in the Malfoy vault. But soon decided he wanted them in a safer place. One that no member of his family could get to. He was very touchy with the subject of his collections, and wanted to be sure that nobody could get to the most valuable ones except him. Now only the Malfoy money and treasures resided in the vault, which didn't phase Draco one bit.

Finally reaching the wizarding bank, Draco sighed as he pushed open the doors and entered the building. Upon reaching the inside, a brow curiously rose as a slow smirk played across his lips, "Fancy seeing you again, Granger." The male chuckled as he spotted none other than Hermione Granger before him. This was certainly turning into a very interesting visit back home. First Lady H, and now the two sightings of his old schoolmate.

Her thoughts of Blaise were interrupted however by none other than Draco Malfoy. Turning she gave him a pleasant smile and nodded, "Yes Malfoy. If I didn't know better I'd think you really wanted to get reacquainted in a friendlier way with me this time around." Just hearing his voice sent a shiver of anticipation down her spin. She knew that he was smart enough to figure out her secret. Hermione knew this was dangerous and that she should bid him good day and go about her business but something held her in place. Was it the danger in dancing the line of being discovered by someone who clearly would try to use it to his advantage? Was it just a time consumer to pass unwanted lonely hours for a while? Or perhaps it was just her insatiable curiosity at just what had happened to the muggle hating cruel boy she'd went to school with?

She was about to ask how the rest of his night had been when a stout goblin came strolling over to her. She nodded to Draco and instead said, "Excuse me but it appears I have been expected. Perhaps you'd like to join me in the Leaky Cauldron for lunch after we're through with our other business?" However after she'd extended the request Hermione didn't wait for the answer as she turned and walked towards the goblin exchanging hushed words as they walked towards one of the many carts that lead to the twisting passages that held every wizarding vault in the country. Right before the goblin zoomed them away she looked back at Draco with a slight annoyance in her eyes. Why had she invited him to lunch? Hadn't she insulted him just last night about him damaging her reputation if they were seen together? She felt charged all over, surely if she touched someone right now they'd feel the energy coursing through her veins as well. Exactly how come Draco caused such a reaction in her?

Smirking at her words, Draco shook his head as he casually unbuttoned his coat, "You could be right, or you could be dead wrong." His eyes flashed as he looked at the woman before him, never once forgetting just exactly what had occurred between the two of them. It was quite obvious that Draco held onto grudges, mainly when it involved some part of his family. Now, don't get the boy wrong, his father wasn't exactly a role model in his eyes. He actually quite disliked the man, but he was still his father and Draco would not let something like that happen to his family with no consequences.

Raising a brow curiously at Hermione's next choice of words, Draco stifled his smirk as he watched the young woman turn and walk off with the goblin. He kept his eyes on her as he wondered why exactly she had asked him to join her for lunch. When she turned back to look at him, Draco was surprised to see a look of annoyance on her face. Of course, he didn't let his surprise show, but he was curiously why he had seen that in her eyes. Shaking his head, Draco ignored it for now as he turned to speak with one of the goblins.

Once back outside of Gringotts, Draco now had the money he needed in order to get ingredients for dinner that night. And perhaps a lovely little present for his dear mother. Before he, once again, left her for God knows how long. Buttoning his coat back up, Draco shoved his hands into the pockets as he looked down the street, questioning if he should meet Hermione or if not. He narrowed his eyes as he once again wondered why she had asked him to meet her for lunch. It didn't add up in his mind, and he wondered what her motives were. Then again, Draco had to stop thinking like he was back at Hogwarts, for not everyone had motives in what they did. At least not ones that could in some way harm him.

Shaking his head, the male sighed heavily as he started down the road, heading down the way towards the Leaky Cauldron. He wondered if he was actually going to show up, and why, if he did. Pulling a hand from his pocket, Draco casually ran it through his hair and then rubbed the side of his face. His mind was racing and he wasn't entirely sure why. He didn't know why he was putting so much thought into this whole thing, but for some reason he couldn't shake a feeling. He wasn't sure what it was, and he didn't know why he was feeling it. This was Hermione Granger for crying out loud. Yes, she was a brilliant witch, but this was one of his old enemies. She was apart of the Golden Trio, one of the three that had helped in sending his father away.

And yet, here he was, having an all out war in his mind. Cursing under his breath, Draco shook his head once again. Enough, he was done with this ongoing battle in his head. He would just meet her for heavens sake and finally put a stop to whatever was happening to him. He would only be in London for a few more days, and then he was back to his regular life of being by himself and searching for artifacts. Just the way he liked it. Nodding his head as if to confirm his plan, Draco straightened himself out as if nothing had happened, and made his way to the Leaky Cauldron.

While in her vault Hermione deposited the money Malfoy had given her and most of her other galleons she'd earned from odd jobs while she'd been searching for Malfoy's book. Taking a deep breath Hermione slipped her hand in her coat and pulled out the package she'd received earlier. She took off the brown wrapping paper to reveal a plain white box. Taking the lid off her breath caught as she stared down at a watch. It was silver, very feminine with small diamonds around the face.

She smiled silently thanking Blaise for her birthday gift. If she didn't have plans today she would probably show up at Hogwarts to thank him properly. It was odd that Blaise had turned down so many jobs the wizarding world had to offer only to return to Hogwarts to take the Potion Masters job as well as head of Slytherin house 3 years ago. Slipping the watch on she smiled at the shimmering new accessory and got back in the cart.

Walking back into bustling Diagon Alley she blinked rapidly at the brightness of the sun. She didn't really need anything else from the shops at the moment so instead of stalling she decided to go ahead and go to the Leaky Cauldron. The closer Hermione got to the establishment the more nervous she felt. Would Draco Malfoy actually be there? Did she really want him to be? Hermione's stomach knotted up as she opened the door. Looking around the dimly lit main room she sighed with relief as she didn't see Malfoy.

Stepping in she walked over to a table and shook her head. If she was relieved that Malfoy wasn't here why did her heart feel like it was sinking? "Why welcome back Ms. Granger," Tom the innkeeper said as he came over to see her. "Hey Tom," Hermione said forcing a smile, "How's business?" He nodded and set her usual tea down in front of her, "Good good. How's the travels?" "Good good," she said. There was a moment of silence as Hermione looked around the tavern once again. "Expecting the rest of the trio? Or perhaps the twins?" Tom asked curiously. "No . . . not today I think," Hermione said shaking her head slowly.

Not being one to pry he nodded. "The usual for me," Hermione said with a small smile. Tom nodded once more and left to tend to other customers. Tracing her nimble fingers along the diamonds of the watch she sighed deeply. What exactly was she expecting from inviting the ferret to lunch with her?

With only a few feet between Draco and the Leaky Cauldron, he had no idea if he should take the last couple of feet or turn tail and leave. His mind was still fighting over what he should do and if that choice would be a good idea. Rubbing both his hands on his face and then pushing them through his hair, Draco looked at the establishment before him. He knew Hermione was probably inside, sitting at a table, though he had no idea if she was patiently waiting for him or she just didn't care if he showed up or not.

Taking a deep breath, Draco pushed one of his hands into the pocket of his coat as he used the other hand to casually open the door. Masking what was going on inside of his head with a look of disinterest, Draco entered the restaurant as if he came here all the time. Seeing the brunette sitting at a table, the male stopped in his tracks, brows furrowing as he wondered why she had asked him here. And what she was going to gain by having lunch with him.

Chuckling lightly to himself, he shook his head as he started towards the table she was currently occupying, "Granger." The male greeted her as he pulled a chair out and took a seat. Unbuttoning his jacket, Draco smirked lightly as he looked over at her, removing his jacket and placing it on the back of his chair. Calming folding his hands on the table before him, Draco focused his attention on Hermione, "I'm curious as to what made you do this." As he spoke, one of his hands gestured at them and then the restaurant.

Hermione had been about to take a drink of her soda when Malfoy sat down at her table. Her lips curled in a pleased smile and she took a small drink before saying, "Malfoy." Placing her soda back on the table she tilted her head curiously as he stated the reason he was here now. As if he needed to make it clear. What else would have prompted him to come? "Of course you are Malfoy," Hermione said with a smug smile, "Though why should I tell you when it's so fun to watch you try and figure it out?"

She was about to change the subject when Tom came over with her beef stew. He paused mid way to the table shock flittering across his face. Draco Malfoy was sitting with Hermione Granger. Was he bothering her? Had she been waiting for him? By the smile on her face Tom knew that she could handle herself however it wasn't his two customers he was worried for. It was his bar. Both of them were very skilled with their wands he knew.

Going over he showed no sign of shock as he placed Hermione's food in front of her before turning to Malfoy. "Mr. Malfoy. What may I get you today?" After Malfoy told him Tom left the two with just a glance between them hoping this meeting didn't end in the destruction of his place. As soon as he was gone Hermione couldn't help but laugh lightly and shake her head. "So," She said turning her attention back to Malfoy, "Have you kept in touch with your Slytherin chums?" She took off her coat while waiting for a response checking the time on her new shinny watch a soft smile playing on her lips before looking back to Draco for his answer.

The familiar smirk played across Draco's lips as he heard the woman across from him speak, taking her words in with that smirk and a soft chuckle, "It's not every day that one of the Golden Trio invites me to lunch." His words followed with that smirk growing on his lips as he kept his eyes on Hermione, still wondering why she invited him. He knew it would be a bit before he found out the true reason, but he would find out, one way or another.

His eyes blinked up at Tom as he walked over, sensing that the older man was uneasy with him here. Most people around here were uneasy when Draco walked in, mainly because of what he and his family had been a little over five years ago. Watching the man place Hermione's food on the table and then question him about what he'd like, Draco simply ordered a soda. He wasn't much for eating at that moment, seeing as he was still fighting his inner thoughts and he would be making a big meal for his mother and him later on that night.

Hearing the question about his old classmates, Draco looked down at his folded hands and then back up at Hermione, "I haven't spoken to any of them in a little over four years." It was true, Draco had stopped trying to stay in touch when he finally gave up on his old home. The only reason he ever had in coming back here was to see his mother, or because it had something to do with his search for artifacts. He led a lonely life now, but Draco liked it that way. He didn't need any distractions, and mostly everyone now gave him weird and scared looks for what still was etched into his arm.