Tilly's Tavern & Inn IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leone allowed a bit more of his magic flow into him, the power radiating from his person enough to draw the attention of any supernatural being on the block. He only used it for a bit of posturing, making sure it was clear that he could be just as big of a threat as any immortal being. "Don't let the vampire scare you miss, so long as I'm around there won't be any devouring going on in here." With his piece said to the tree nymph that was trying to gain entry to the tavern, he fixed a warning glare on Drake before allowing his magic to return to its source. "Yes, I'm sure. Now go on and drink your drink." He spoke simply. He carefully moved around the two in order to get the mail.

Drake growled slightly at the rebuttal of the bartender. "I'll just put them down then." he sneered as he lifted both doors above his head, carried them outside and set them down against the outer wall of the tavern. As the bartender passed by and glared at Drake, Drake glared back and mouthed the words "I see we are gunna have quite the love hate relationship huh?" he worded with a smile, full knowing that although the bartender will understand that Drake has no intent to be any real trouble, he most certainly doesn't plan on making it easy either.

After finishing his small stare down with the bartender, Drake brushed some dust off his shirt and headed back inside to try and finally drink his drink, he was just hoping it was still there and nobody threw it out or drank it. He was dying of thirst and he was fairly hungry as well. But he couldn't decide what he wanted to eat. He knew what he wanted, but if he tried sucking the blood out of any of the people in the tavern, he would more than likely have to fight everybody in the tavern, and he still wasn't ready to do that just quite yet.

But Drake wasn't really too concerned with these things at the moment, he was just excited that was going to be drinking his drink within a few moments. As Drake returned to his seat, he went to grab his drink off the counter, but when he looked up to grab it, it wasn't there. All that he saw was a small red ring where the bottom of his cup had sat just before he got up to help with the doors "Dammit." Drake said as he let out a small sigh. He wasn't mad so much as it was just another thing to add to his list of exhaustion. But he was indeed still thirsty, so he turned around to his bar stool to face the room and he asked aloud as he starts looking around. "Does anyone know what happened to my drink?" he asked, trying his hardest not to sound confrontational.

xxxxxXanthe fought the urge to wave the vampire away from her as he leaned down to whisper empty threats against the shell of her ear. It would probably only irritate him, and then she'd have to deal with it. For some reason creatures like him were always trying to assert their dominance. Not just vampires, but ghouls and werewolves and everything in between as well. Even as she thought this, the winged bartender was projecting magic just to show that he could also be a menace. It was all very tiresome. The wraith of a nymph found most things to be tiring. Perhaps it was because her hollow bones and pallid skin were tailored for curling up in the branches of her tree like a baby bird, not for boldly wandering into taverns inhabited by creatures who couldn't kill her but could still break her.

xxxxx"Mm-hm," she hummed in response to the bartender's reassurances. "I doubt there will be any devouring going on either way, unless he's got a taste for chlorophyll." She stepped out of the bartender's way. As soon as he had maneuvered around her, Xanthe drifted further into the establishment. She could sense a lot of negative energy in this space, more than she had ever encountered in a single room. Tilly's must be popular with hellspawn. She took a tentative seat at a table where two others were sitting. She was pretty sure one was female and other was male, though you could never be sure with demons and their kind.

Noticing people shifting in her peripheral version, she smacked herself in the forehead for having zoned out for so long. The sound was very loud, making her even feel even more stupid than before. Not like she cared though, she did a lot of stupid stuff. Picking up the door herself, she maneuvered it into its previous location. She pulled her leg up to her chest and pulled out a wand carved with a certain design. With a flick of the wrist, the hinges were being manipulated back into their proper way. She bent down to the ground, holding the door up with one hand as she screwed it back together with the hinges. She did have to use her magic for the top two since she was so short. The door swinged back and forth in its previous manner before the accident. Smirking, she strided her way over to the bar while leaving a trail of cinnamon, oranges, and vanilla as she walked. That happened whenever she used any magic, even if it was indirect like making potions or talismans. It happened to every witch apparently. Good thing she smelled nice. Taking a seat at the bar as she originally intended to, she plopped her face on the counter itself, sighing intensely. Business was slow lately, but at least she found this place. New things always made her feel better, and she couldn't quite go back home yet. The riot was still in full swing back at her original house, and the small piece of butthole she was living in now was absolutely horrible for working in. Good thing she found this place. With a smile she faced down onto the counter and put her hands on her hat, running them over the comforting fabric.

Reactions: BookDragon
Fairly unhappy about his drink going missing, Drake was now deciding between ordering another drink or just giving up and renting a room. After a few minutes of going back and forth in his head, he figured out the perfect way to solve his problem. He reached in his left rear pocket and pulled out his wallet and pulled out a coin, "Heads I rent a room, Tails I order another drink." Drake said as he flipped the coin high in the air, caught it on the fall down and placed it on the back of his opposite hand. "Heads. Well, I guess renting a room it is." Drake spun back around in his bar stool and placed the coin on the bar. "Now who can help me with renting a room, or do I have to wait for the bartender to get back?" Drake asked aloud but to himself. "I wonder how much a room costs here? I'm sure I can afford it, I just hope it's not a run down room." he thought. "Nah, the rooms are probably nice, the tavern is well kept, aside from the doors being broken down anyway." Drake was stuck in his own thoughts when all of a sudden he got a whiff of a mixture of fruity smells. He took a few sniffs to try and figure out what the smell could possibly be, but unable to figure it out, he swung back around in his stool and looked around to try and find the source of the smell. Now consumed with curiosity, Drake hopped up out of his seat and followed the smell to a small girl a few seats over. He leaned in close to her and started sniffing her closely "It's clear you're not human..." Drake said as he sniffed her a few more times "...but I can't understand why you smell like that." He questioned as he glared at the little girl.

She giggled at the question, still not removing her head from the counter. "I love curiosity, so I'll satisfy yours. Obviously from the stereotypical hat, I'm a witch. But to answer your other question, you would have to talk to me for a longer period time. We're only strangers." She spun around on the bar stool to face him and leaned in to sniff him as well. Might as well right? She leaned back and smiled widely, finding his scent intriguing as well. Turning back around, she stuck her hand out a bit to signal the bartender over for her order. She turned her head over her shoulder to look at him. "You need a drink too right?"

"But I've smelled witches before, most of them smell of decomposing hatred and disgust. There have been a few that only slightly smelled of dirt and swamp. But never one that smelled pleasant." Drake said, unsure of why this witch smelled pleasant as she did. Was it because she was a child? Or was it because she might actually be a good witch? Once the small witch asked Drake about a drink, his train of thought immediately shifted from the girl's scent, to his still growing thirst. He nodded his head "Yes, thank you. But you don't have to pay for it, I can more than afford it." He said to the witch. But then, he thought for a moment before coming back with "As a matter of fact, I'll buy you a meal if you tell me why you smell like that." he said with a smile. He figured why not kill two birds with one stone, he would get his drink, as well as find out why this young witch carried such pleasant smells.

Leone casually thumbed through the mail, looking to see if there was anything for him. It was all just bills for Tilly. Of course, why would he even think that someone could have written him a letter? No one writes letters anymore, and no one who cared enough to think about writing even knew where he was located.

Seeing that his counter was filled with needy guests, he got back to work. He set the bills on a nearby shelf and turned to his guests. "Alright, what does everyone want to drink?"

((This thead is not dead. Keep Ooc in the Ooc thread. I probably won't be able to post again today.))

She was staring at the man after hearing the word "free". However, her attention was then caught by the bartender's return and his announcement for orders. She rested her face in her hand that was propped up by her elbow on the table. "I'll have a hard apple cider please." Turning back to the man, she gazed at his appearance, observing him like one would a rare bird. Why so curious?

Status
Not open for further replies.