Till The End of The World

Cordelia shook her head. "Not very much, I was going to finish unpacking and perhaps see my parents for a little while, but other than that I don't have anything planned" She said, she smiled as she watched him cutting Lillabeth's food as the child slowly began to eat, clearly comfortable on his knee. "What about yourself, do you have anything planned?" She asked as she began to eat her fruit, though still keeping an eye on both of her companions. "What this?" Lillabeth asked, picking up a piece of apple on her fork and examining it closely. "It's an apple, sweetie, it's good for you" She said, watching as the child slowly put it into her mouth. "Nice" Lillabeth said, causing Cordelia to chuckle softly.

She looked at Alex and smiled. "You're very good with her" She admitted.

" Seems like a good idea to go and visit your parent's,I might just go and see mines later on". He looked down at Lillabeth eating her food and he smiled before looking over at Cordelia. " She's adorable and I love kid's ". Taking a sip of his coffe he finished his food and then wiped the small food. Lillabeth missed on her face with a napkin. " I was thinking. mabey me and you could walk around and explore the ship". He looked at Cordelia and smiled.

Cordelia smiled as she watched Alex clean Lillabeth's face with a napkin after she managed to drop some food on it. "I would love that, Lillabeth has talked about spending some time with my parents, I'm sure my mother wouldn't mind taking her for an hour or two" She said as she stood up after she finished eating. "Perhaps we could meet up before lunch, maybe in thirty minutes or so and then we'll have walked around the whole ship before lunch" She suggested, she would go and see her parents and drop Elizabeth off there. "Where would you like to meet up at?" She asked with a smile, looking forward to having some alone time with him.

Alex smiled and then thought about a good place for them to meet up. " How about we meet up at the lounge from when we had first meet". He stood and picked up Lillabeth holding her in his arrms and he poked her nose. " Ill see you later okay Lillabeth?". He chuckled before handing her to Cordelia and then fixing himself. " I cant wait till i see you later on". He waved and then walked out the Great Hall.

When he knocked on his parents door they opened it up to see Micheal and Johnathan playing some computer game his mom and dad were in the middle of a game of chess. He hugged everyone and talked about how everyone was doing and how they were adjusting to the ship. He told them about Cordelia and Lillabeth and how they were spending time together. After a while of chatting he said goodbye and then headed to his room. Alex got ready and did his hair and put on dressable clothes. After he was done he headed to the lounge.

Cordelia smiled as she thanked her parents again for the tea. Elizabeth had went down for her nap and she didn't want to wake her so had decided to leave her there, but reminded her mother to go and find her as soon as Elizabeth woke up. After kissing her parents goodbye, she headed towards the lounge in search of Alex. Of course, she had told her parents about her new companion and her mother's thoughts had instantly went to a relationship forming between her and Alex.

The more she thought about it, the more she wanted it. He was already excellent with Elizabeth, which was a big thing, he was a gentleman and he didn't mind spending time alone with them. As she entered the lounge, she smiled at him. "You changed" She said with a bright smile as she took in his new appearance before sitting down in the seat next to him. "I like it" She said. "I left Lilabeth with my parents, she's decided to take her nap early" She informed him.

Alex smiled immediately when he saw Cordelia enter the lounge. He watched as she took a seat next to him. " I'm glad we can spend some alone time, I was wondering if you'd like to walk around with me and talk". He took her hand into his and stood up. " I have a question if I may ask".

He walked over and picked up a rose that was in the vase and he placed it behind his back so she couldn't see it. Looking around he realized that the lounge was empty so he figured that everyone was in their rooms, the great hall, or mabey just wandering about..

Cordelia smiled at him once more. "Sure" She said when he suggested going for a walk. She held onto his hand as she stood up, slipping her fingers through his for a moment. It had been months if not years since she had been this close to someone, even more so someone like Alex.

"What would you like to ask me?" She asked, a curious look growing on her face as she waited for his question, it was only then that she noticed how empty the lounge now was.

Alex smiled when he felt Cordelia's hand intertwine with his. It sent a warm rush through his body. Looking at her he gently squeezed her hand " how come someone as beautiful as yourself is single? ". The more he thought about it the more he seemed to wonder why. He ran his free hand through his hair and then took a step closer leaning down slightly. " Your an amazing person ". He kissed her cheek and looked at her.

Cordelia sighed softly when he asked why 'someone as beautiful as her was still single'. "Not many men are willing to take on a toddler like Elizabeth, I gave up even looking for anyone until she's a little older, at least that's how I used to think" She said, she had changed her mind a little after seeing how good Alex was with Elizabeth. She watched as he kissed her cheek, declaring that she was an amazing person. "Thank you" She said with a smile. "Shall we start walking?" She asked.

Alex smiled and nodded understanding what she was saying. That was true many guys would turn the other way when they found out she had a todler but to him he liked kids and Lillabeth was adorable, it made him want a kid of his own. He smiled and then took chuckled slightly " Yeah lets go on that walk". The ship was huge and he knew by the time they finished exploring it , it would be very late and he knew she had to get back to Lillabeth so he decided to just do as much exploring as possible. There was a small gym, and pool which he knew he'd be using soon.

Cordelia held onto his hand as they headed down through the ship. "I'm glad there's a pool here, I've wanted to start taking Elizabeth, I don't want her to grow up afraid of the water, and I want her to have tried a number of different things, including sports and music, so when she's a little older, she can decide what she wants to do but still say that she's tried it" She said, looking at the smaller pool reserved for families with young child. As they passed the gym, she gave it a quick look, she wasn't sure how often she'd get down there with Elizabeth. They turned the corner and she headed towards what looked like a small daycare area, of course, no one was in there yet.

" Yeah im glad theres a pool here too, that way i can swim, the water makes me feel alive its like im a fish and you should take Lillabeth i can teach her how to swim if you'd like". When they arrived at the daycare it was nice. The colors were bright but not too bright and there was plenty of toys organized in its bin, there was a lady there but she was listening to music since it was empty. " Mabey you could take Lillabeth here when the kids come". He smiled and looked around the play room.

Cordelia nodded her head. "That might be a good idea" She said, she began to lead them away from the daycare and down towards the small cinema like room. "How are your parents, and your brothers?" She asked with a smile, remembering the two teenagers that she had seen the day before. She looked down at their joint hands for a few moments before noticing something behind his back. "What's that?" She asked softly, trying to look at it but because of the angle his back was at, she struggled to see it. "Is that a flower?" She asked.

" My parents are doing great, my dad found his old time friend which happens to be my god father and my mother chatted it up with her good friend as well, as for my brotherd their making some good friends". As they walked down to the cinema room he was amazed by it. The room wasn't huge but it was nice and the big screen was wonderful. He backed up quickly when she mentioned the flower behing his back. " Well.. yeah" He handed her the flower and smiled " Here you go i thought you might like it". He chuckled slightly before looking away nervously.

"Alex, you didn't have to" Cordelia said with a bright smile as she took the flower from him, examining it closely. "How did you know that roses were my favourites?" She asked with a smile as she took in the smell of the flower, clearly it was still fresh. "It's beautiful, thank you" She said, still holding onto his hand. She gave it a soft squeeze before looking around the room. "Where too next?" She asked, the rose safely in her right hand as she held onto his hand with her left one.

" I know but i wanted to, i didn't but im glad to know its your favorite". He smiled as Cordelia gently squeezed his hand, looking around the room one last time he turned to her " Theres a small room that shows the view of the waters by our rooms we could check it out". He walked aout the movie room and down the hall near their rooms, turning the corner slightly he opened the door to an empty room with a two medium sized windows. Once inside he walked tword the window looking at the big fish and turttles swimming. " You feel like your apart of the ocean".

Cordelia allowed him to lead her down the hallway and towards the room that held the two windows. Walking towards the window, she smiled at the view. "It's beautiful" She said, she pushed some hair behind her ear as she took in the view. "It's hard to think this all that we see, that we can look out at all of this and know we're safe but there's so many people out there who don't know how they're going to survive" She looked up at him with sadness in her eyes. "Half of London is under water" She revealed, shaking her head. "My friends are all there, and I have no idea if any of them have made it" She said.

" Yeah it really is beautiful". Looking out at the water calmed him and he watched as the fishes swam together, occasionally he'd see a dolphin or mabey a shark but they wern't close enough for him to actually get a good look. When Cordelia mentioned half of her hometown was underwater and her friends he looked at her. " Im so sorry, i think about my friends and family all the time, and i dont take being on this ship for granted but i know i cant change anything...NewYork is destroyed and some of my friends are dead, but i know i have hope for them and thats all we can do right now". He pulled her into his embrace and held her " I want to protect the people that i care about..my brother parents..you and Lillabeth".

When Alex wrapped his arms around her, Cordelia rested her head in his shoulder as her fingers wrapped around his shirt as she tried to keep the tears away. "They could have fitted so many more people on this ship, Alex" She said softly as the tears formed in her eyes. "None of us knows when or even if we're ever going to get off this ship" She said, taking a deep breath, though she didn't move from her comfortable position in his arms. "You care about Lillabeth and I?" She asked, looking up at him once more, the rose still remained in her hand as her dark eyes looked up into his for a few moments.

Alex rubbed her back softly as he felt Cordelia rest her head on his shoulder. " Yes i know there could have been way more people... and its true that we dont know when we will be getting off this ship but until then he have to think about whats going on now". He thought about his friends and how they could be dead hurt on underwater while he was in a secure ship of to someplace he didn't know. The though about it was sad but he knew he couldn't change it. " Yes i care about you and Lillabeth..you've both have been kind to me since we first met, i love spending time with the both of you". He caressed her cheek softly as he looked down at her.