Tiamat's Babel [Non-Canon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Haha...hahaha...hahahahaha!!!"

The five Gethels raised their hands to their forehads, unable to contain their laughter at the implication Winslow had just made. Was this bird brain really that cocky? But as she laughed, tears fell from her eyes, an unseen look of despair overwhelming her features.

"You fancy yourself God himself? Damn, your mind is even more fragile than I thought! A light beating like that and you believe yourself to be the almighty! Then if you're God, slay me right here and now! Fix this ruined world, cure this multiverse of immortality! Immortality is the greatest curse ever bestowed upon creation! If you are the Alpha, and the Omega, end it, god damn you!"

Her madness escalated, her terror erupting. A reminder of everything she'd strove to avoid, everything she'd given all her power to remain separate from. She didn't care what the musical instrument in his hand did. In fact, she'd hardly even registered its sudden appearance. This man wanted to be God? He wanted to be the one who abandoned them, the one who created everything yet ruined it, the one who was everything?

Then she'd show him the treatment she wanted to give that God. Even if it was in vain, she'd do everything in her power to escape God, to slay God, whatever kept him away! Light, glowing wings erupted from her back, a sword forming in her hand as she rushed forward, the 4 other fake Gethles turning out to be nothing but an illusion.

f5f8b50c8618467e6e48ceca485ef456.png

"End me! End me if you think you caaaan!!! Chains of Lust!"

The sword Gethel wielded, the Sword of Peccati, represented the seven deadly sins. Accordingly, it could bring out the avatar of each sin, utilizing them for battle. Rotting chains flew forward, seeking to root Winslow in place!

@Chewy Rabbits

Then she'd show him the treatment she wanted to give that God. Even if it was in vain, she'd do everything in her power to escape God, to slay God, whatever kept him away! Light, glowing wings erupted from her back, a sword forming in her hand as she rushed forward, the 4 other fake Gethles turning out to be nothing but an illusion.

f5f8b50c8618467e6e48ceca485ef456.png

"End me! End me if you think you caaaan!!! Chains of Lust!"

The sword Gethel wielded, the Sword of Peccati, represented the seven deadly sins. Accordingly, it could bring out the avatar of each sin, utilizing them for battle. Rotting chains flew forward, seeking to root Winslow in place!

JIc4txY.jpg

Winslow gave no response back to Gethel's insane taunting. To acknowledge it would only allow her the satisfaction of believing she was getting to him. When in reality Winslow couldn't have been more calm and ready to face down the challenges in his way. The last time he had felt like this? Well, it'd been before his life had went down the crapper. When he had first finished his rendition of Faust before Swan entered the picture. Such nice times those had been, Winslow could have smiled for ages as he looked over his handiwork.

Here? Even though he was dead and he couldn't feel his heart beat, he could smile knowing he had finally figured out what to do. All thanks to the woman who had brought him here in the first place. Standing his ground as the chains came in for him, Winslow held his guitar in front of him and spoke.

"Savior-Defense Mode."

The guitar which Winslow had aptly named on the spot as Savior-which referred to how the guitar was his savior in terms of avoiding a second death and perhaps fading from existence at that point! But more importantly it showed how highly Winslow thought of how Samael had saved him from his eternal hell at Swan's hands. Thanks to her Winslow had been able to summon Savior and now he knew what to do. How to end this fight and continue on! Savior was consumed with a blinding bright light and as the light faded, the guitar had changed it's form! It now sported a different looking angle only this one had a shield and wielded two swords in hand.

8EEwv0n.jpg

The angel's eyes seemed to be closed and nothing seemed to have happened beyond the cosmetic change. The hooks would have torn into Winslow's flesh at any moment! But then a swift flicker of movement could have been seen before a chain fell to the ground with another soon following and then another and another and another! No doubt Gethel's eyes could have been able to catch the angel's swift movements as it acted to defend Winslow from any kind of attack. Reminiscent of how Samael, Winslow's own savior, had done so much for him.

But, although he may have been safe for now there was certainly no ensuring that. Who knew what other tricks that crafty angel might have had up her sleeve? She'd shown herself to have superior strength and speed for sure. Which meant Winslow would have to change his strategy on the fly to compensate.

"Savior-Long Range Mode."

The guitar shifted forms once again only this time the shield and swords were gone. The angel had moved to overlap most of the guitar this time around with one hand pointing upwards. Winslow had envisioned the gesture to be referring to his potential and how much of it he had been squandering since he'd simply been unable to bring it out. Angel wings had also spread out to the side of the guitar and as Gethal closed in, Winslow aimed the guitar downwards as the wings began to glow.

EI4SE7T.jpg

"You know, you were right about me. I'm no God. That's sheer lunacy to want to accept a title like that. But I thought of a verse much more fitting. 'I looked, and there was a pale horse, and its rider's name was Death. Hell followed him."

The horse of course was him in this equation as he had simply been following Samael's guidance for the most part and she was an angel of Death. Now that she was gone however? Winslow had summoned more of his magical potential and soon there would be Hell to pay for Samael's demise! Just then Winslow raised the guitar and aimed it at Gethel.

"Bang." Were Winslow's last words before Savior fired an angelic blue and white beam of energy at the wicked angel. Seeking to crash into her chest and send her flying back.

@Kaykay

The chains of lust were blown back, but Gethel wasn't finished with just that.

"You fancy yourself death now?! Don't get cocky, you human scum! You who only know how to worship god and angels as you turn to your demons! You damned hypocrites!"

She raised her sword once more as the beam of energy flew towards her. The sword's sinful appearance contrasted with the angelic wings sprouting from her back as well as the angelic energy coming her way. For in a battle of angels, sin offered the greatest advantage.

"Reveal yourself, o avatar of Gluttony! Shed pride and cast aside worldly wisdom as you quench your voracious appetite, drowning in pleasures unbound!"

As Gethel held her steel aloft, the very earth beneath them trembled and split apart, a monstrosity bursting through the floors that had seemed nearly infinite. A behemoth the size of a mountain appeared between the energy and Gethel, making the two combatants look even smaller than ants in its presence as it absorbed the energy.

0f05b9b34181bbf3a3f68a77b9390dab.png

A horrifying, blood-curdling roar came from the beast, as if it had been spawned from hell itself. A mist-like haze covered the lower parts of its body. The school had practically been ripped asunder, yet there still seemed to be no limit to how high it went, the beast seeming rather out of place in between the fragments of the building it had destroyed.

Then suddenly, at a speed unexpected of a beast this size, its jaws went in to consume the phantom alive!

"Ah, Gluttony might be a bit much for him this early."

A single swipe of steel rendered the gargantuan beast into nothingness. Death itself had pulled the beast back into its clutches, ending its short-lived reign of destruction.

A very familiar blonde dressed in light blue landed beside Winslow, a scythe rested across her shoulders with a mischievous, impish smirk on her face.

"Sorry for not butting in earlier, but we thought it'd be good practice, you know? Now, finish her. If you can't we're not gonna take you along further, you know~"

"Tch, I knew you'd interfere eventually, Samael. But...heh...you're going to regret just standing there as I slice your precious friend to pieces! Shaaaaah!"

Gethel burst forwards as she flapped her wings, propelling her at high speed as she dashed straight towards Winslow, seeking to pierce his heart with the blade that could engrave sin onto the holiest of saints! The young smirking girl beside the phantom simply hopped out of the way, quickly ascending the building and even managing to reach the top of the infinitely high building.

"C'mon, show us that magic~"

@Chewy Rabbits

"Tch, I knew you'd interfere eventually, Samael. But...heh...you're going to regret just standing there as I slice your precious friend to pieces! Shaaaaah!"

Gethel burst forwards as she flapped her wings, propelling her at high speed as she dashed straight towards Winslow, seeking to pierce his heart with the blade that could engrave sin onto the holiest of saints! The young smirking girl beside the phantom simply hopped out of the way, quickly ascending the building and even managing to reach the top of the infinitely high building.

"C'mon, show us that magic~"

Winslow continued to stand defiantly as Gluttony roared at him. The beast was gigantic and likely would have brutally murdered the Phantom no problem. But Winslow had a few tricks up his sleeve and lowering Savior, Winslow smirked. "You call upon your beast of glory! But I'll show you...That it's nothing more than a beast of burden! Savior-Messiah Form!"

With that Winslow held the guitar above his head as angelic light seemed to consume it once more. As the light faded, the guitar had taken a far more simplistic look but it seemed if the angel had fused entirely with the guitar. Thus bringing Savior to it's full potential and he'd slay this monstrous beast! With the very same power that this bloody angel seemed to possess! He had sold his soul to rock'n roll, he wasn't going to die here!

"HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!"

gQxOw5s.jpg

Gripping the 'Completed-Savior' in hand, Winslow held it like one would hold a baseball bat. This beast may have been big, it may have been powerful. But Winslow held an immense power within Savior. One that he'd stake everything on to bring this monstrosity down! But Winslow's cackling and his opportunity for victory were both cut short as the monster vanished after being slashed by a familiar weapon.

As Samael jumped down, Savior swung downwards and smashed into the floor as he couldn't understand what he was seeing! How had she been able to get up without a drop of blood containing nanobots or something like that!? It didn't make any sense whatsoever! Least of all when he got the impression that this was apparently all practice for him? Learning the basics of this world and what it has to offer through combat right? Made enough sense even if Winslow had questions.

As Gethel came speeding in, Winslow decided that she alone wasn't worth the Messiah's form power. Which is why he swung the guitar to meet the angel's blade as he spoke. "Savior-Offense Form."

The outpouring of light so suddenly might have blinded Gethel briefly, but she'd certainly feel her blade come to a dead stop. It seemed like something had slammed into it! As the light had faded, Gethel and Samael for that matter would have been able to see that Savior had shifted upon Winslow's decree once again. Only this time it had taken the form of an angelic blade and clashed against Gethel's own blade.

Rec6OiO.jpg

"I could have taken you down in one shot. But this way? I get to beat you at your own game.." Winslow grinned as he raised his boot to smash Gethel in the stomach and send her flying back to get back at the bitch and free up his sword. Pointing it towards the angel once they had some distance between eachother, Winslow couldn't help but throw his head back and laugh. "Weren't you going to shred me to pieces or did you lose your nerve? HAHAHAHAH!"

@Kaykay

"Kuh...!"

Gethel was blown back by the kick to her gut, but she continued standing. She had no chance against Samael, that much was certain, but she'd at least show him! She'd show this human his place in this world! While Winslow laughed, Gethel steeled herself as she darted straight in once more, sword at the ready.

She swung low, aiming for his legs. But with his increased power, the angel knew that it wouldn't likely connect or be enough on its own. So she quickly followed it up with a second slash like lightning, steel flashing as it sought to pierce Winslow's chest! But evasion wouldn't be so easy this time as she gripped his collar to prevent him from moving.

"Die, damn you!"

@Chewy Rabbits

• Love
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
She swung low, aiming for his legs. But with his increased power, the angel knew that it wouldn't likely connect or be enough on its own. So she quickly followed it up with a second slash like lightning, steel flashing as it sought to pierce Winslow's chest! But evasion wouldn't be so easy this time as she gripped his collar to prevent him from moving.

"Die, damn you!"
Winslow was absolutely overjoyed with everything that was happening! His best friend was back and he was actually winning this fight. He had been on the ropes for so long even before he had died. But now he'd make them all pay! As the sword came in for his legs, he leaped up with his cape billowing behind him as he gave out his usual electronic-sounding cackle. This fight was his to win and when it was over? He'd be able to continue on with his best friend at his side!

What he hadn't been expecting however was the yank onto his collar. Nearly tripping as he was forced to find his footing, Winslow had but a second to react before the sword pierced him. With Savior in his left hand and his right hand otherwise freed up, Winslow knew what to do!

54d44b50f0ff4_-_clqywsy.gif

"YOU FIRST!"

Then there was silence as blood could have been seen dripping onto the floor. If one were to glance upwards, they'd see that Gethel's attack had indeed hit him. But thanks to a timely intervention on Winslow's part, the blade's course had been altered slightly to avoid stabbing Winslow straight through the chest. Mainly out of pragmatism on Winslow' part. If he had let the blade go as it would have, the vocoder would have been damaged and he doubted he'd be able to fix it down here in Hell.

As for Savior, well Winslow's angelic blade had made it's point as well. Blood ran down the silver blade as it punctured Gethel's stomach.

If Winslow had a choice he would have decapitated the witch. But the windup would have taken far too long compared to a simple thrust. All that was left was to hope that this finally did the trick...

@Kaykay

"Guh...dammit...I lost. But...you'll see what I wanted...to do here. This world...is...doomed..."

Gethel muttered these last words before she gripped Savior with both hands, the Sword of Pecatti falling to the floor. She shoved Winslow's weapon off to the side, slicing her stomach wide open as she fell to the floor in a puddle of her own blood and guts. The glow faded from her wings as they retracted into her body, making her look almost like the scared girl Winslow had first met her as. Except her innards were spilled all over the floor.

And as she collapsed, the high school in which Winslow had been trapped began to shatter. The building crumbled, the cracks in the walls and ceiling widening and widening as the entire world began to vanish before the phantom's eyes.

Only to be replaced by what appeared to be a ghost town.

Samael, Setsuna, Lilith, and Raziel stood around Winslow and the fallen Gethel in Tokyo. It wasn't the Tokyo Winslow might have known from his earth, though. It looked like nobody had lived here in at least 10 years, despite the infrastructure remaining mostly sound. The city was rife with plant life, the only creatures being those who stood in the city's center.

XJxDbEW.png

"Good job, you won! It took you a little while though, and I had to help you out there, so I'll give that performance a 7/10."

"Ara? That's generous, coming from you."

"Well, it's just good he got out safely..."

Setsuna didn't take part in the banter as usual, simply stepping forward and offering Winslow a hand to shake.

"Congratulations. We chose not to fight in this battle to test your abilities in addition to giving a chance to promote your growth. Fear not, however, if your life was ever in danger we would have stepped in. Now, are you ready for the second floor, or would you like a break?"

It seemed he'd neglected to mention just how exactly it was they were alive despite what he'd seen, though.

@Chewy Rabbits

XJxDbEW.png

"Good job, you won! It took you a little while though, and I had to help you out there, so I'll give that performance a 7/10."

"Ara? That's generous, coming from you."

"Well, it's just good he got out safely..."
vaNQB8V.jpg

"SAMAEL!"

Everything else could wait but Winslow had words for that devious angel! Slinging Savior over his shoulder, the Phantom paid litle mind to his surroundings as they shifted once more. He'd seen an underwater city in ruins to a bloodsoaked office filled with the mutilated body parts of the man who had ruined Winslow's life. This was just going through the paces so far as he was concerned. But he was glad that he had won! He had managed to unlock Savior and with it had defeated Gethel!

But one enemy remained and Winslow wasn't going to let them run away.

Scooping up Samael in a hug, Winslow held her close to him as he nuzzled his cheek against hers. "I was worried about you. Having to seemingly attack you and then regretting it after. But I should have known better. To trust my best friend.." Pulling Samael back but still holding her in his arms, his expression turned sour as he dug his knuckles into the top of Samael's head.

"HOW DARE YOU WORRY ME LIKE THAT! I UNLOCKED MY MAGIC DUE TO ALL OF THIS, YES! BUT SEEING YOUR HEAD COME OFF WAS QUITE THE GRISLY SIGHT!" Continuing to grind his knuckles against Samael's head despite her protests for a while, eventually Winslow set her down as he turned towards Setsuna and took his hand.

"I appreciate the words and all that this training has done for me. But with Savior in hand? I'll tackle whatever comes our way..."

@Kaykay

"Ahaha, well, it was funny to watch yo- owowowowow!"

Samael cried out as he dug his knuckles on her head, struggling like a little girl.

Gb0gNpt.png

"Sorry! Won't do it again! Unless I really want to, but that was Gethel's illusion, not mine!" The angel clutched her head for a little while once he finally released her. "Geez, it wasn't that big a deal, right? Just a little decapitation and my pretty little head flying about, you know?"

"Hehe, serves you right, you devilish angel!" Lilith snickered to herself with an impish look in her eyes.

Setsuna nodded at Winslow's words, seeming to take them as an affirmation for simply going on ahead. "Understood. The danger grows exponentially from here on out, however. It would be practical to always be at the ready, even when your weapon is not in your hand." With that, he and Raziel opened up a rift inside Tokyo Babel. It was as if someone had peeled away thin air to reveal another world hiding away inside it.

WIth the way to the second stratum revealed, the group walked on, ready for the next challenge that awaited them.

And once they'd arrived, a city of spikes awaited them. The city looked a bit like Shinjuku, but like the Tokyo they were in before, it was bereft of life, the void filled with cold, heartless steel that protruded from every surface. It covered the ground and buildings, only the sky itself free from the points' embrace.

Lilith made a disgusted expression. "Guh, depressing as usual. Whose floor was this again? That one girl with the horse, or the really plain looking guy?"

"This is the floor of Kurou Miyako. Her powers include flight, speed, strength, steel wings that protrude from her back, and a gravity field of sorts. However, she does not pose any threat for any of us four." The boy turned to Winslow, eyeing him with the one eye that remained uncovered by his bangs. "This will be your final test. Is that alright?"

"None of the rest of the masters are really illusion users, so this should be pretty straightforward~"

@Chewy Rabbits

Lilith made a disgusted expression. "Guh, depressing as usual. Whose floor was this again? That one girl with the horse, or the really plain looking guy?"

"This is the floor of Kurou Miyako. Her powers include flight, speed, strength, steel wings that protrude from her back, and a gravity field of sorts. However, she does not pose any threat for any of us four." The boy turned to Winslow, eyeing him with the one eye that remained uncovered by his bangs. "This will be your final test. Is that alright?"

"None of the rest of the masters are really illusion users, so this should be pretty straightforward~"
zVBHjv6.jpg

"Illusion or not, seeing your head fall was a sight I did not need! For that I am glad that monster is no longer impeding me!"

Glancing proudly at Savior which helped bring him through his fight with Gethel, he listened in on the description of some of the other enemies they'd be facing. Something like a plain looking man and a girl with a horse? Truth be told after seeing that other beast, Winslow suspected the horse might have been some gigantic monstrosity. As for the plain looking man, what kind of powers did he have?

Well, no need to worry about it! He had let himself get too carried away! No longer would illusions have any effect on him and if the following were straight head on fighters then they'd met their doom!

"Whatever comes my way, I'm ready for it!"

@Kaykay

As the group began to proceed through the city, they would all suddenly feel very heavy, as if their bodies were suddenly made out of solid lead. It was like drowning in an ocean, the pressure coming down to collapse their very souls from all directions. A screech like nails on a chalkboard echoed throughout the city, a sonic boom ringing out as a girl with steel wings appeared before them.

"Leave! Leave here! Why can I not be alone?!"

As she screamed hysterically with a voice that was almost metallic due to the sheer volume, the pressure crushing down on them seemed to only increase. Winslow might as well have weighed as much as a truck under the weight.

"I'll give you one chance! One chance to leave!"

"Sorry. We will not be going anywhere." Setsuna extended his hand to the side, pulling out a sword seemingly from thin air that would be quite familiar to Winslow. It was the Sword of Pecatti, the sword representing the Seven Deadly Sins that Gethel had wielded. "If you don't stand down, we will be forced to slay you here and now."

Another screech filled the air, buildings beginning to crumble under their own weight. The spikes around the city began to tremble, as if living beings.

"I'll kill you! I'll kill all of you!"

She flew down towards the group, swinging her bladed wings at Winslow's neck! But Samael moved to block it, deflecting the strike with her scythe.

"Hehe, too weak!"

But then her arms began to tremble, her scythe lowering to the ground with an incredible impact. A crater larger than the scythe itself appeared in the ground, Samael's arms lowered with the weapon.

"What the?"

"Die!"

The new enemy swung her bladed wings, this time at the fallen angel!

@Chewy Rabbits

But then her arms began to tremble, her scythe lowering to the ground with an incredible impact. A crater larger than the scythe itself appeared in the ground, Samael's arms lowered with the weapon.

"What the?"

"Die!"

The new enemy swung her bladed wings, this time at the fallen angel!

As they continued onwards, Winslow winced at the feeling of a pressure upon his shoulders. Not exactly the lightest feeling pressure either. It wasn't of course the fact that the Phantom couldn't handle it but it brought to mind uncomfortable memories. The key ones being that although Winslow Leach had died after escaping from Sing Sing and being shot by police, he was still very much alive afterwards. The only trouble of course was that he'd have to keep going as the Phantom with that wrong view on his shoulders. To the average joe, Winslow Leach lived and died like a lunatic! But all he had ever really wanted to do was become a hit.

He supposed in his own morbid way he had done just that! Would he have ever gotten an opportunity as important as this while he was measly ol Winslow Leach? Hah! He had more of a chance of sprouting wings and flying up to Heaven than anything like that ever happening! But the pressure was one thing, the screeching was far, far worse! Clutching at either side of his mask, Winslow nearly lost his footing before moving forward. Coming to a dead stop as they seemed to have run into their next enemy, Winslow drew Savior and narrowed his eye.

The wings and the horrendous screeching reminded Winslow of a banshee from mythic stories. One could even say that one of their cries could drive a man to insanity. It was just unfortunate for her that she happened to be facing a man who was already there.

Swinging Savior in it's Offense-Form towards the girl's wing. Sparks flew as angelic guitar clashed against razor sharp wings. But Winslow wasn't afraid! Not when his friend's life was on the line! Flashing a grin to show off his own metallic teeth, Winslow cackled.

500full-phantom-of-the-paradise-screenshot.jpg

"I'm afraid YOU'll be the one doing the dying here! HAHAHAHA!"

@Kaykay

The cry of metal on metal rang out as Savior clashed with the girl's wings. The grinding, steely sound was harsh on the ears, but not one person in the vicinity cared. Such was the heat of battle.

"Tch, I've gotten so weak, falling for that. Damn it, Miyako." Samael muttered under her breath, a rare angry look on her face. But it was a kind of quiet anger, and didn't seem to be directed at the girl at whom she'd cursed. No, what hurt worse than any injury that could be inflicted on her was how weak she'd become after her countless revivals. A mere two lives ago she would have slain Kurou Miyako without batting an eye. Now, she could only hope to be about her equal. Would she ever regain the power of the original?

...Heh, probably not.

The fruitlessness of the clash got to Miyako, the winged girl breaking away as she took to the skies once more.

"I reject you! I reject you I reject you I reject you! Get out of my home, get away from me, I don't need your filthy presence here!!!"

The feathers on her wings began to separate, becoming a fan of blades that sprouted from her back. Yet those blades still managed to hold her aloft, defying any convention by which wings really operated. She dived upon Winslow, her wings attempting to take Winslow into what would be a rather lethal hug!

@Chewy Rabbits

"I reject you! I reject you I reject you I reject you! Get out of my home, get away from me, I don't need your filthy presence here!!!"

The feathers on her wings began to separate, becoming a fan of blades that sprouted from her back. Yet those blades still managed to hold her aloft, defying any convention by which wings really operated. She dived upon Winslow, her wings attempting to take Winslow into what would be a rather lethal hug!
The blades pierced into Winslow's back as he was taken into the hug! Blood dripped down the blades and onto the ground as Winslow's grip on Savior grew unsteady. Would this really be the end of the Phantom?

Hah!

Of course, it wouldn't be! Allowing Savior to vanish in a glimmer of energy, Winslow closed his hands around Miyako and leaned in. Pressing his mask right against her face, he snickered even as blood ran down his mouth. "If you detest us being here then...MOVE!"

ueApDMZ.png

The soundwave was enough to shatter the very ground both stood upon. But the drawback was that while it's best use was in close range, it drained Winslow and he needed all the energy that he could muster!

@Kaykay

"Winslow!"

Samael called out to him as he took the stabs, but it seemed that wouldn't be necessary as he blasted the deranged girl with a powerful soundwave! With her already stabbing her wings into him, she had nowhere to run, forced to take the full brunt of the shockwave. She screeched in pain as skin and muscle were shorn, one of her wings even falling off thanks to the blow.

She fell to her knees, collapsing as if in defeat and submission. It hurt. Every part of her body hurt. She could barely even feel the strength to take flight once more. She'd already almost been forced to her physical limit by that intense energy.

But no matter how dire the situation, there was one way to turn things around.

"GRAAAAAAH!!!"

Her voice echoed throughout the air, her remaining wing and eyes glowing bright as an immense energy began to build up inside of her.

"...! It's this. Her raison d'etre."

In his usual almost robotic voice, Setsuna noted this as he stepped forward, brandishing his Sword of Pecatti. Winslow had done a good job of forcing this out, now all he had to do was finish the job! He flew forward in a mere nanosecond as he closed the gap between himself and Miyako. If he could just swing fast enough...!

clang

But his sword never reached her. Setsuna's sword was intercepted by another blade, one far more experienced than his own.

vxh9Kvg.png

"Sorry, but I happened to be passing through. I don't care much about this person, but you plan to ascend Tokyo Babel, do you not?"

Almost like a mirror image of Setsuna, he spoke softly and emotionlessly. But there was an undeniable edge to his voice, the kind one might expect from an experienced warrior. Or perhaps a killer.

"...Oshiba Hagane."

"Oh? Have we met before?"

"...No, nevermind."

This Oshiba Hagane didn't remember anything about the previous multiverse. But that didn't matter. No matter what he did or didn't know, they had to fight here.

But that precious time had cost them. Miyako's raison d'etre initiated, and the pressure weighing upon all of them multiplied tenfold. It was like a gravity well that sucked them all in towards the center of the earth, the power of gravity refusing to let them go. Even the newcomer wasn't exempt from this effect, Oshiba faltering a bit as the weight continued to increase.

But soon, both Setsuna and Oshiba began their fight. Despite the weight on both of their bodies, the pair of men both moved at speeds too fast to perceive. Their swords clashed again and again, a symphony of blade work. The years of practice that showed in Oshiba's style, and the wild, raw style that Setsuna's inexperience forced.

But the weight was still on Winslow's shoulders, the force already forcing Samael to the ground. What would the phantom do?

@Chewy Rabbits

But that precious time had cost them. Miyako's raison d'etre initiated, and the pressure weighing upon all of them multiplied tenfold. It was like a gravity well that sucked them all in towards the center of the earth, the power of gravity refusing to let them go. Even the newcomer wasn't exempt from this effect, Oshiba faltering a bit as the weight continued to increase.

But soon, both Setsuna and Oshiba began their fight. Despite the weight on both of their bodies, the pair of men both moved at speeds too fast to perceive. Their swords clashed again and again, a symphony of blade work. The years of practice that showed in Oshiba's style, and the wild, raw style that Setsuna's inexperience forced.

But the weight was still on Winslow's shoulders, the force already forcing Samael to the ground. What would the phantom do?

Bhs1OVJ.jpg

As Miyako backed up and fell to her knees, Winslow quickly set about trying to remove as many of the blades as he could from his back. His curse may have still lingered with him and made it more of a chore to truly damage the Phantom but pain was a cruel mistress and still found a way to sink it's fangs into you. In this case it was the fact that even as his body looked like an absolute pincushion after that bout, this woman still wouldn't fall!

She was down, Winslow's screech had made certain of that. But she was not yet out. Seeing as how Setsuna was occupied, it seemed the task to finish this had fallen upon Winslow. Summoning Savior to him once more, Winslow hoisted the weapon above his head as it shifted to Offense Form.

"With this sword, I shall end this madness!"

But before the sword could swing, Winslow had been forced to a knee due to the intense pressure weighing upon him. Despite the magic he had found deep within himself, abilities such as this were still quite difficult for Winslow to work against. Not much good his screech would do if the pressure ended up growing so big, Winslow's face was planted right into the dirt. Plus, Savior wouldn't do much chopping if he couldn't even get close.

Which left Winslow with little alternative. Savior had a mode that he had hinted at in his last bout. The so called Messiah Form. Interestingly, Winslow had decided that it'd be wasted in his last bout. But here when a new fighter jumped into the fray and as the pressure grew stronger and stronger? Winslow had to act now or risk losing this fight and his life! Again!

"Savior-Messiah Form.."

The guitar shifted once more into resembling a more traditional guitar. While Savior may have already had a form more suited for long range, Messiah/Completed took it up a notch. The drawback however was the great risk to Winslow's reserves of energy. He'd likely defeat the enemy but what then?

Wincing as the pressure only seemed to grow stronger the more he sat around pondering it, Winslow held the guitar like a baseball bat once more as angelic energy seemed to cackle around the weapon. Giving the weapon a good swing, an energy blast soared out from the guitar and rocketed straight towards Miyako!

OYIlmWg.png

But even as he flashed a smile in apparent victory, Winslow knew victory would come with it's prices. Savior dissipated from his hands and his helmet fell to the floor as he collapsed to the ground with everything going black not too long after. In any other situation, one might have called Winslow's actions reckless and irresponsible!

But he had a fight to win and friends to protect! Even if it drained him to no less than nothing, no matter the risk, he'd take it to protect those who had so willingly aligned themselves with the Phantom!

@Kaykay

"Khh...KAAAH!!!"

Miyako cried out, taking her raison d'etre to its utmost limits. Even the incredibly high-speed battle between Setsuna and Oshiba was slowed as the gravity seemed to only increase more and more! The blast coming from Savior's Messiah form wasn't even safe from its force. Everything bowed to enough gravity, even light itself.

But even that great power of nature wasn't enough to save her. The blast, even through its downwardly curved path, was great enough in its intensity to blast the crazed girl. It completely overtook her, covering her in its bright light entirely. When the blast disappeared, there was nothing left of the girl who had been called Miyako.

In the end, her very reason for existence simply wasn't enough when it came to this battle. The lonely phantom had found those whom he would fight with, side by side, and Miyako's rejection of humanity could hold nothing to that.

As the Phantom collapsed and Miyako was destroyed, the fight between Setsuna and Oshiba picked up once more. Oshiba's fine katana clashed against Setsuna's dreadful looking Sword of Pecatti, almost making it hard to tell which one was fighting for good, and which for evil. But, in the midst of battle, it made no difference. The one with more power was the one who would come out on top, the one whose reason for existence contained more strength within it.

The battle was completely aerial, the two teens moving like sharp gusts of wind. But as Oshiba gripped his sword with both hands, Setsuna felt a different kind of power emanating from him.

Then with a single swing of his sword, the entire building behind Setsuna was erased. Setsuna himself would have fallen victim to that fate as well if he hadn't moved out of the way. He already knew about this attack from the last time he'd fought with him. Oshiba's raison d'etre was the future itself. Thus, his strikes erased the future of any target he chose, effectively removing them from existence in their entirety.

For what was something without its future?

And then there was the defensive half to his power. There was, quite literally, only one way to kill him. Any other future of his death would simply be rejected. A sword would have to pierce him through the chest. Fortunately, as one who wielded a sword, the task would be trivial so long as he could win the battle!

"Sah!"

Setsuna let out a battle cry as he flew forward towards Oshiba. He may have been a man of few emotions, but even he had to admit fright when fighting such a dangerous power with the ability to one shot his very existence. Fear in itself was useful. It allowed one to recognize when an attack was dangerous, or when one was in a bad position. However, too often humans felt far too much of it. Thus, he only shook off the fear that was unnecessary.

Using one of the Seven Deadly Sins, Setsuna appeared to split into five! Oshiba was, however familiar with the Sword of Pecatti. He knew it was a mere illusion. However, without the ability to use illusions himself, it was simply a guessing game to fight back. As the five Setsunas flew towards him from all directions, Oshiba raised his sword, whirled around, and took a large swing. After all, any competent fighter would have expected his opponent to come from behind. What would be the point of using illusions, only to attack from the front? Three Setsunas disappeared with that single stroke.

Not one of them was the real deal.

Setsuna had expected the experienced Oshiba to predict what most would consider the "correct" strategy. He was an experienced swordsman with a lifetime of experience piled onto a natural born genius at wielding the sword. So the fool's decision of using illusions to attack in a straightforward manner had been a risk he was willing to take. If that prediction had been off in the slightest, Oshiba's large, powerful swing would have simply erased him completely.

That was a risk he was willing to take in combat if he was to protect everyone dear to him. Raziel, Lilith, Sorami, even Samael. He wouldn't hold back and play it safe just because there was a chance he would be killed where he stood.

His sword stabbed right through Oshiba's chest. The battle had been brief, but intense. Indeed, even with the advantage Setsuna had of fighting him before, a fight against Oshiba was no easy task. But he had the fortune of knowing Oshiba's past, techniques, abilities, and fighting patterns without exchanging more than a few sentences with the boy. One might call it unfair, but were soldiers blamed for using more advanced weaponry than their opponents, or being more informed?

Still, the man who looked only to the future, who lived only for the future, had been a respectable opponent in this second multiverse as well. Sheathing the Sword of Pecatti in the pocket dimension he'd drawn it from, Setsuna stood over his fallen opponent.

"Hmph. You already understood how my raison d'etre worked, didn't you?"

"...Yes. I knew from the very beginning."

"Ah. My loss here was inevitable then."

"Perhaps so."

The practiced swordsman closed his eyes, his face still retaining the same stoic expression he'd worn the entire fight. With his power, he could have rejected any possible future in which he would die. If he wanted it so, one would have to rewrite time and the rules of the multiverse themselves to kill him.

But that wasn't what he wanted. He wanted to finally die at the hands of another sword wielder. One who was even more adept than his lifetime of training and genius. Yet the one to beat him had been a complete novice, simply created more powerful than he. Life truly was a cruel mistress.

Yet he was still satisfied with this end. Just like the other him had been in his original multiverse. No matter where he came from or how his loss was handed to him, to be defeated was the ultimate release for him after a lifetime of easy victories. The body of the boy began to fade away, but one could see something that looked like a smile appear on the last vestiges of his face as he completely disappeared.

"Well then, let's move on," Setsuna said as he began to walk off. With the second stratum cleared, there were only five more to go. As everyone began to move on to find the portal to the next stratum, Samael picked up the unconscious Winslow onto her back with a chuckle.

PH93llL.png

"Heh, not bad~"

She knew he couldn't hear her, but it was just so interesting to see the weak phantom develop so quickly. It seemed perhaps this world of magical battle could suit him after all.

After a little while of searching around, they finally found the portal and stepped through it.

Only to step into a city bathed in flames.

"What the hell?! Don't tell me..." Lilith was the noisy one about it, but all of them were surprised about the state of the third stratum. The heat was intense, even more so than a desert at noon. It was like standing in the midst of an inferno that refused to allow you to die, peeling at your skin over and over again.

"Let's find Mr. Flame of God, then~"

@Chewy Rabbits

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
"Heh, not bad~"

She knew he couldn't hear her, but it was just so interesting to see the weak phantom develop so quickly. It seemed perhaps this world of magical battle could suit him after all.

After a little while of searching around, they finally found the portal and stepped through it.

Only to step into a city bathed in flames.

"What the hell?! Don't tell me..." Lilith was the noisy one about it, but all of them were surprised about the state of the third stratum. The heat was intense, even more so than a desert at noon. It was like standing in the midst of an inferno that refused to allow you to die, peeling at your skin over and over again.

"Let's find Mr. Flame of God, then~"

Well, those were certainly dulcet tones to listen to as he slept. Had Winslow been awake for the remainder of the fight that Setsuna had gotten himself caught up in? He probably would have been in sheer awe of the swordplay at work there. Hell, he hadn't even seen his own blast destroy Miyako. The second the blast was released, Savior dissipated and the Phantom was down for the count. But given that he was still dreaming then they hadn't died right? Unless he did die and this was simply his eternal hell.

To be forced to listen to annoyingly catchy songs over and over for all eternity. What a terrible fate that would be. He hoped something of that nature fell onto Swan when the bastard ended up down here. Though given that he'd broken a deal with the devil himself, Swan likely had bigger concerns to worry about. Heh, there was a pleasant thought to be had there! Swan suffering tortures beyond Winslow's wildest imagination.

VoAtbxM.jpg

But nothing lasted forever and that went for Winslow's sleep as well. Eventually his eye fluttered open and he suddenly felt very hot! As in he needed to really take off his mask hot! Clutching onto his mask, Winslow yanked it off his head. Revealing his grotesque disfigurement for everyone to see but he had already had one nasty experiences with burns, he didn't need another.

"W-Why is it so hot!?"

Sure to be quite a redundant question given where they were. But one that Winslow felt still had to be asked regardless.

@Kaykay

kB1IbHX.png

"Are you blind or something? Isn't it obvious? We're surrounded by fire!"

"No, I don't believe that's what he meant." Setsuna coolly deflected Lilith's aggressive statements. But even his almost robotically stoic visage had begun to sweat, beads forming on his brow. After a brief pause, maniacal laughter came down like fiery arrows from heaven, a boyish, insane voice behind it.

Uriel.(Tokyo.Babel).600.1131698.jpg

"Burn, burn, burn!!! I'll cleanse this world of all your sins!"

Falling through the air like a meteor, the boy struck the ground violently, the flames of the inferno inflating and spreading out further in his presence as an incredible shockwave of pressure flew out from his landing spot. There was Winslow's answer.

"Uriel, huh? What happened to your sword?" Samael mocked him, knowing full well that the Sword of Pecatti that Setsuna currently wielded was originally his.

"You...you...!!"

Apparently incapable of completing that sentence, he simply rushed right into Samiel's face, swinging the coffin-like weapon in his hands at her body. The fallen angel quickly deflected it with her scythe, her usual mischievous smirk on her face.

6mwWUxi.png

"What's wrong, Flame of God? Can't beat one little trickster? You can't kill anyone like that! This is how you kill!"

Whirling her scythe above her, she brought it down powerfully upon Uriel, smashing the floor and extinguishing the flames in that area. But her swing had missed, Uriel quickly disappearing from her view and attacking her from behind.

"You damn liar, let the flames of God cleanse you of your impurities!" He spoke with an empty smile, grim like the dark of midnight.

The strike was blocked by Setsuna, who swung his cursed sword against the master angel's weapon. All three combatants were propelled away from each other, creating a sizable distance between them once more.

"You and Lilith and Raziel and Samael and that girl and that damn freak! I'll burn and cleanse it all, all of Pandora!"

The unimaginably hot temperature only continued to increase, forcing Raziel to quickly construct a water barrier around each of them. The relief of the barrier lasted for but a mere moment however, blowing Samael, Setsuna, and Winslow, those closest to Uriel, high into the sky!

@Chewy Rabbits

"You and Lilith and Raziel and Samael and that girl and that damn freak! I'll burn and cleanse it all, all of Pandora!"

The unimaginably hot temperature only continued to increase, forcing Raziel to quickly construct a water barrier around each of them. The relief of the barrier lasted for but a mere moment however, blowing Samael, Setsuna, and Winslow, those closest to Uriel, high into the sky!
This wasn't quite what Winslow had hoped to see upon waking up from his last battle. Being engulfed by intense heat which given the spandex costume he wore only made things worse! But what hurt worse than any flame from Hell was this brat's attitude! Cleanse Winslow of his sins? Hah! What sins did Winslow have to come clean with? The murder of a fellow man? He had only hurt those who had hurt him! (Well, except that poor stage hand who probably never knew Winslow.)

This ignorant child knew nothing of the guilt Winslow carried upon his shoulders! The burden that had been saddled with him upon becoming The Phantom. He knew what kind of person Swan was, he could have revealed him to the world! But Swan had sullied his name beyond salvaging at that point. Which meant Winslow was simply forced to go along with the program despite knowing full well it wasn't right. Here? He did have a choice and he chose to fight!

Ignoring how hot it made him, Winslow slipped his helmet on once more. If this boy wanted to see a true freak then by god, Winslow would show him what one could really do!

zVBHjv6.jpg

"You have no idea what sins I carry, boy! Carry that ignorance to oblivion!"

Rearing his head back, Winslow let out a soundwave in Uriel's direction. For as loud as this boy was and how big of a game he talked? It seemed almost fitting that an even louder voice was what would seal his doom!

@Kaykay

Status
Not open for further replies.