Thrown out of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
((I don't want this to go to the graveyard ;_;))

Salica watching him go and had to fight not to follow, he would soon learn that he could not leave her after a distance. But as she was his creator she felt compelled to stay with him. She put her hand to her chest rubbing the remnants of the sting of his dark words. It had been a long time since she'd been looked down on by others; she'd forgotten that mortals like herself feared death and all its forms. "Be safe...Mech." Her words whispered into an empty house as she shook herself and spent the next ten minutes looking for her Scrying mirror calling into the flat plain. The reflection distorted and only darkness could be seen through, " What has brought you to calling me little death. " The deep voice that resignated outwards made her smile a little, "I-my being...he has wandered away...I wish to follow him but..." She trailed off making the male chuckle, " But pets must learn the length of their leash no? I will do what you hesitate to ask. He will see through the night as I assume he travels South to my lands. " She nodded biting her lip, "and payment?" A light growl came from the darkness making her shiver, "Your blood will suffice; Little Death." The mirror went blank as the Vampyer disconnected the vision, Salica sighed slumping over her mirror knowing she had gotten away with a lesser price than if she'd told him what and who her 'pet' was.

((sorry it's taking so long! I'll reply after work tonight))

Dawn found Salacia's hut just escaping the long shadows of the mountains, dewdrops quickly evaporating from the plains around it as the shadows retreated, save for one dark form under the window of the house.

Mech slept, for the first time since his reawakening, sitting with his back against the wall and his chin on his chest. A bird began to chirp on the eaves above him, inciting a small chorus from his comrades before it fluttered down to investigate the shadowy anomaly under the window. It hopped from his boot to his hand, pecking at his sleeve before it flew away. Mech only murmured unintelligibly, and did not open his eyes.

His journey the night before had not gone well. His attempts to walk beyond the witch's magical reach had failed miserably, finding himself in crippling pain and short of breath the moment the house began to disappear down the horizon behind him. Next he had tried to find the place where she had summoned him, but found only after hours of wandering, that there was only a space where the ground was disturbed, and the earth suffered a soft gauge, with crumbled earth on the grass around it; as if he had swum through the earth to the surface. No, not swum, he had been fished up.

((I didn't know if you wanted the mirror vampyre to have a part in Mech returning, so you can continue the flashback if you want or go back to the morning))

((hehe the Vampire is more of a behind the scenes guardian he doesn't like the company of others that he has yet to deem worthy or not we'll just assume there were a lot of screams of death in the shadows XD))

Salacia started hearing the male return early the morning sighing, the tension she'd slept with easing knowing that he'd returned safe. When he'd reached their limit of space she shrieked in pain woken with the pain as it raced fire through her veins she'd crawled out of her bed and in agonizing slowness made it to her front door and out to the lawn before the pain had ebbed and she'd lain there panting as the phantom fire still wracked her. She waited for what seemed like hours before cautiously making her way back to bed and collapsing back to a dreamless sleep. She'd fallen back to sleep after he'd settled down to sleep and woke hours later the sun high in the sky. She drifted from her room wearing lighter clothes and slipped out of her house undetected to hunt for a late lunch and early dinner. She crept across her lands silent as the vamp that taught her and stealthily as the were that came to her home time to time. The hare barely had a chance to run as did the Quail from her arrows; fish were caught by her bare hands finding the quick snatch a refreshing game her father had taught her long ago.

Her returned feeling reenergized a few hours later the animals strung on the line she'd fashioned, she paused feet from her home with a start seeing where the male had fallen asleep she shifted where she stood not sure if it was safe to near as he could easily lunge at her from his spot if she neared to door. The new feeling pitting in her stomach made her feel weak and childish not knowing if his will could overpower the spell and him kill them both.

Last edited by a moderator:
((yyeeaaahhh, Mech wouldn't run away from screams in the shadows. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, yaknow? But I get what you're saying. the Vampire pulled stunts to show him he can't survive without Salacia.

Also (maybe I should have been more clear?) Mech isn't inside, he's outside, under a window. Did you want to rewrite? Cause he'd be in plain view as she approached, so she looks kind of silly being afraid he's inside))

(well duh I just meant that what was in the shadows lol I would never assume he did.....yeah let me fix that)

Mech's eyes blinked open slowly, and he raised one dirty hand to rub them; wondering breifly what had woken him, and why he was so sore. looking up, his eyes fell upon Salacia, holding some snared creatures in one hand, the morning sun behind her. Grunting at his stiffness, he straightened, leaning his head back against the wall of the cabin. He stared at her, waiting for her to say something; cast some spell to punish him for trying to leave, laugh at his impotent attempt to do so. His sword, still sheathed, lay on the dewy ground beside him, he made no move to draw it.

After a moment, as it became apparent the necromancer was just as unsure how to proceed as he was, he stood up, awkwardly, picking up his weapon by the sheath. His posture had changed, his shoulders were no longer squared back, his stance had lost the tenseness of a soldier waiting to strike, and though he made no attempt to hide the bitterness in his words, they had lost their threatening air.

"Good morning."

Salicia gave him a hesitant smile, "Good morning...did you make it back okay?" She s=felt even more silly seeing as he didn't seem angry or annoyed by her presence, she shuffled a foot before slowly making her way inside, "I'm about to make a late breakfast if you..." She trailed off remembering him denying her offering of food the night before.
"Well anyway you should eat even if you don't feel hunger or you'll rot before you die...." She darted inside sliding through just enough space to open the door before closing it with a swiftness she never knew she'd had and hid in the kitchen her own coward-ess making her curse under her breath at herself

Status
Not open for further replies.