Throw them bones!

• Thread starter viperslate13610
  • Start date
Blaze turned as she saw Davin's gaze shift to a different direction, and saw the man running towards them. Instinctively reaching for one of her swords, she forced her hand to go back down as it appeared he wasn't aiming to harm them. When he asked if they had a shirt, she shook her head, knowing all she had with her were women's clothes that probably wouldn't fit him anyways. She couldn't help but laugh, however, when Davin exclaimed that he shouldn't run at him like that anymore.

Devin smiled. "Hey my bad haha!" his cat ears and tails popped out, then he popped his neck. He smiled at the people. He then looked at his wounds. "At least a bandage or two?" he winced again. He looked at the two girls and perked his ears, then smirked. "Well hi there ladies." he looked back at the guy. "Just a bandage..."

"Yeah, sure thing." said Davin at the young man's request. He pulled out a coil of cloth and a green paste from his robes. "Now, hold still. Those wounds look pretty serious so I am going to have to apply a paste that will help close them up. I'm not going to say its not going to Hirt because in all seriousness, this stuff stings worse than a poisonbarb..." he said as he began applying the gel and bandages.

Blaze remained silent after Davin began to help the man, watching as he took out the bandages and paste. Keeping her gaze on the ground, she made herself busy by tightening her belt, noticing it had started to come loose. Not wanting her pants to fall down in the middle of something important, like a battle, that and the fact that she now had two men in her presence, she made a mental note to always make sure of her belt. Coming back to reality as Davin began to treat the man's wounds, she watched with mild curiosity, wanting to see his reaction to the paste.

((sorry my bad))
Devin sat down on the road. "Where to next hm?" he flicked his tail which was peeking out from under him. Devin turned his head to the side to make sure the hunters weren't coming.

"Well, that should do it." said Davin as he tied off the last of the bandages. He turned to Blaze. "We should probably get going to Huskfurrow before it gets dark. Don't want to be caught out at night time around there to my understanding..." he said nervously. The feeling of familiarity returned to him as he looked at her. Why? It didn't make any sense... He put the thought aside and tightened his robes. The thought snuck back. Why was this Blaze woman so familiar? Had he seen her when he was young? Or had she been the subject of the dreams of a far future he had as a child? His mind was wracked with a knowing that was just out of reach and it was infuriating.

Blaze nodded, and couldn't help but touch the ring she kept on a chain around her neck, a nervous tic she's had most her life. "Um...lead the way...I know of the place, but I'm not sure of its direction." Smiling anxiously, she tried not to let on that truthfully the thought of going there scared her, even though from all the stories she'd heard of the place were enough to make her want to turn around and run. But she wouldn't do that, especially now that she'd already told him she would help.

"Alright then. It's a little way to the west. We should be there before nightfall if we leave right now." he said calmly, although he had heard Huskfurrow to be amass with unholy beings after nightfall. But they were just rumours... Weren't they? No time for dwelling on such trivial superstitions. He began to lead the way down the road and follow the fork off to the west. He kept looking back over his shoulder at Blaze. She kept a ring upon a chain around her neck... Why not wear it instead? No matter. The idea of familiarity still plagued his mind. He had to find out who she was.

Blaze nodded, but inside she was wondering how in the world was he able to act so calmly. As he led the way, she would occasionally catch him glancing back at her. At first she wondered if he was checking to see if he was still following, but that soon was disproved as she noticed it more and more. "Why do you keep doing that?" she asked when curiosity got the best of her. "Looking back at me. I mean, I know I'm not someone you see everyday, but..." she trailed off, letting her point be known.

Oh gods. He'd been caught glancing. "You..." he stammered. "You look so familiar." he said still walking. "Ever since I first saw you I have had a gut feeling that I know you. I seem to recognize your face, eyes, mouth, they all seem familiar. Even that ring you wear. Who are you? I mean who are you really? I know you're name isn't Blaze so you can drop it. Please. I need your name. This nagging feeling is tearing my mind to pieces!" he said, stopping and turning to face her.

She stopped in her tracks as Davin asked her what her real name was. Was she really going to tell him her real name? Did she have the self-willpower to do so? Walk away, she thought. Just turn around and go to the nearest town, forget about all of this. However, just as she was about to do that, she spoke. "Fyfe...Nariim. That's my name." It had been so long since she had used her real name, it was almost hard to remember it...Gazing into his eyes, she tried to find some familiarity there. If he remembered something about her, then surely she has memories of him...

Davin mulled the name over in his head. Fyfe Nariim... Nariim. Then, like an arrow in the backside, it hit him. She was the Nariim girl from his villiage. Everyone thought she was dead. "You... You grew up in Sol's Reach. I recognize you now!" he said in a relieved tone. "Everyone thought you were dead when you went over the falls... How did you survive?", he said, his mind raceing. "Surely you remember me? Our fathers used to fish together! And well... We... Well, I used to... Umm..." he said nervously. He whispered his next words in her ear. "I used to secretly leave that sprig of lavender on your doorstep every Sunday..." He hoped she would remember him, at least a little. Ten years is a long time after all...

His words only sent sharp lightning streaks of pain through her head. "T-the falls?" Fyfe murmured, her eyebrows pressed together in confusion. Her breath came in short, almost panicky gasps, and it took a second before everything clicked back into place.

The water. Filling her nose, her mouth, her lungs. The rocks. Beating her small body, breaking bones, a sharp pain in her skull as a stone hit her head. Someone was screaming, though it was probably her. She got hit by a rock again, this time at the base of her spine and the back of her head. Bright white spots, dancing behind her eyelids, before she couldn't feel anything anymore. Waking up a year later, her entire memory of her life before gone, in an abandoned temple somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Growing up there, listening to the god of the temple speak to her, and, eventually, being sent out to make her own way once she was old enough. She didn't know the name of the god, he hadn't ever told her, but she had felt the kindness there.

Then came the memories from before. Davin, her family, even the lavender. Her mind reeling from the flood of memories that came to her, she fell to her knees, her shoulders shaking, and tears falling from her eyes. Holding her head in her hands, she slowly reached down to touch the ring. It had been her father's, she remembered the day that he'd given it to her, telling her not to ever lose it.

"D...Davin...?" she stuttered, her skin now paler than it had been earlier.

Davin picked Fyfe up from the ground gently getting her back on her feet. "We thought... I thought that I'd lost you. You were my best friend..." he said, handing her a cloth. "I'm so glad to see you again..." said Davin. He fought back tears. He took the tie out of his hair, letting it fall about in lavender strands around his shoulders and back. He passed her the tie. "This was all I found when you fell... I screamed and screamed until I went hoarse. I tried to look for you. I really did. Your father was destroyed inside... My father did all he could for him but... He... Passed away of a broken heart..." he said, as a single tear escaped and was quickly eliminated by a swift sleeve.
"But I've found you now. And that's all that matters." he said trying to smile.

Fresh tears sprang to her eyes several times as Davin spoke, thinking of how Davin and her father must have felt. And then, when he dropped on her the fact that he had died...Holding the tie in her hands, she gazed at it until she remembered it. It had always been her favorite when she was younger. At his attempted smile, her knees felt like they disappeared, and she had to wrap her arms around him to even stand, burying her face in his robes.

Davin hesitated for a mere split second before gently and awkwardly placing his hands on her shoulders and then feeling comfortable enough to turn it into a hug. "It's alright now..." he said trying to comfort her as best he knew how. "Look, we should keep moving, huh?" he said smiling. He wiped a tear from her face and put an arm around her as he attempted to lead her onwards. "After all, I'm going to need someone to hide behind in case of bandits." he said giving a small laugh.

She nodded, pushing herself away from him. Wiping away the rest of the tears, she straightened her clothes and weapons again. He'd gotten so much older...of course, that's what ten years did to people, but while she felt that she hadn't changed much, her memories of him were all of when he was a child, and seeing him like he is now was like stepping through time.

They had been walking for nearly five hours now and Davin was tired. He had been thinking a lot about Fyfe. After all this time, his best friend in the whole world had found her way to him. It was fate. He decided to rest. "Ok... I think we are good to rest now. Just for a while..." he said, panting. "Look... I'm sorry for bringing all this up. It probably could have waited, but... Well it's fate, you see... I... Well... I just don't know what to say, really... I'm just so happy to see you again, Fyfe." he said, taking a sip from his water canteen. He smiled. His head was swimming. There was so much he wanted to say, but now wasnt the time.

Fyfe nodded, stopping and trying to regulate the beating of her heart once more. When he apologized to her, she shook her head. "No, I'm glad that you did. More than glad. For these last ten years I didn't know who I was, what happened. But now I do, and it's like I'm finally myself again." She couldn't help but smile as he said that he was happy to see her again. "I...I am too." Going through her pack for a glass flask filled with water, she drank some, the cool liquid refreshing her.

Davin smiled. The moment was broken by a rustling of bushes. Someone jumped out, sword in hand. Davin leapt to his feet.
"All the gold, Now!" yelled the man who was about to rob them, his sword stabbing the air in front of him.
"What if I don't want to?" said Davin calmly. He had one of the best pokerfaces of anyone he knew...
"Then, I'm gonna put maggot holes in your neck, boy!"
Davin held his right hand in front of him. "Forbidden Sigil. Strength." he said calmly again. A few seconds passed and as the bandit assailing him was about to make a move, Davin's muscular structure began to shift and change. Muscle tissue tore and warped and he cried out as his form now fit the robes he wore tightly. "I Suggest You Rethink Your Actions..." his voice boomed. The bandit swung at him. He grabbed his wrist with his left hand and crushed it in his grotesquely overgrown fist. The bandit shrieked in agony.
"Please! Please!" he pleaded to Davin. "I'm sorry! Don't kill me!"
"Walk Away, Pathetic Little Man, And Never Travel These Roads Again. Next Time You Will Not Be So Lucky..." he growled as he released the bandit's arm. He ran wimpering, clutching his broken mess of a wrist. Davin shrank back to normal size. He was panting and small trickle of blood ran down from his nose. "That..." he panted, "Was terrifying... He... Could have stabbed me!" he said before slumping back onto the ground, struggling to stay conscious.