Through the Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taryn stopped at the base of the cave, giving up her search of the apparent prince for the night since she couldn't see a thing and was drenched in rain. She led the horse into the cave, and was surprised to see the person she was looking for there. She let out a sigh in relief. "I'm so glad I found you," she admitted. "I thought you didn't escape."

Leon smiled weakly as she declared her joy to have found him. He bowed gently, then laughed a bit as he realized he didn't need to do that any more.

"Well, here I am, Miss Taryn."

Taryn laughed a little, wiping at her rain-soaked hair. "Yes, and here you are, Prince..." Taryn trailed off, realizing for the first time that the man had not introduced himself. Sure, he was the prince of the kingdom she lived in, but she couldn't ever remember people talking about him much or even seeing him much around town until the day he came into her shop. "I'm sorry, I don't think I ever did quite catch your name," she said, flushing a little guiltily.

Leon blushed darkly and laughed. Oops, he had forgotten to introduce himself. He bowed deeply, gratefully and a bit theatrically.

"Leon. And don't call me prince because I refuse to be that any longer. I am just Leon."

She nodded, observing the man silently. Even if he was chased out of the place he lived, he was still technically the next heir and Taryn could tell her was royalty not simply because of his form of dress but also in looks and the way he held himself. It was a way that common folk did not. She smiled slightly, trying to relieve some of the tension. "Okay, Leon, how about we both get some rest then," she suggested, pulling her hair down in an attempt to shake the water out of it.

Leon nodded, not bothering to look at her until he had tied Triumph to a small tree right outside the cave. This girl was helping him escape, which was odd. Most of the other people in the kingdom would very much like to see him dead. Hell, half the town was showing up to his execution tomorrow. The execution that wasn't happening now because there was no longer anyone to execute. When he looked up at her she was shaking her hair out and his eyes widened as something sparked inside of him. She was beautiful. Gorgeous even. Her hair was the color of fire, her eyes shining emerald jewels. He wanted to touch her face, but instead he tore his eyes from her and wandered to the back of the cave where he decided he would sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.