Through Beakers and Test Tubes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saki winced feeling his flash back and gently spread the balm over his back and rubbed it in; like magic the wounds started to seal up and heal over leaving no trace of scars. She closed the lid on the balm and stood walking into the bathroom she turned on the shower testing the water in temperature and taste she gave him a half smirk.
"Water's clean you can show now if you want; I'll be back." She walked back to the door and banged on the door. is slid open a second later so she could make her hasty retreat. She'd unknowning tried to ease his inner fears. She didnt want to answer questions that she couldnt with eyes watching.

Nilo stared after her for a long time, brow furrowed. How had she known about the water? His eyes narrowed as he came to the only conclusion he could think of: she had known all along about what had been happening to him down there. Sick, sure. She'd been lying to him. It was the only way. He went into the bathroom and tested the water for himself, berating himself for thinking he could trust her. All the scientists were the same, and she was a scientist. He stripped and stepped into the water, the warmth both relaxing and uncomfortable. He stayed in the water for a long time, cursing himself for his stupidity the whole time. He shut the water off a little harder than he meant to, slipped into a fresh pair of slacks and a tee, stripped his bed of everything bloody and collapsed into it.

Saki went back to her room putting her supplies away; grabbing her clip board she fingered her most recent and older blood vials before pocketing it and went straight to the main lab where she worked to start the chemical mixtures. She was going to test the samples on his and her own blood to see the different reactions. She grinned triumphantly at the thought, she could finally get somewhere with her research she had a control group.
"I'm finally going to get somewhere."

Nilo ended up falling asleep again, his dreams filled with knives and darkness. The dreams left him in a cold sweat when he woke the next day. In an effort to force the images from the dreams to go away, he started doing push ups on the floor of his room. He ended up discarding his shirt not long after starting, finding it annoying and in the way.

Saki let a jaw cracking yawn go as she sat up blinking the the sleep from her eyes. She'd fallen alseep waiting for the samlples to set in she checked her watch, five hours should have been good enough. She stood stretching, she went to the tubed mixtures and set them under the microscope. She'd found, after hours or disecting that there was a very, very small difference between the old and new cells being produced. Saki straightened from looking at the scope, smirking, the sample was good now to try it on Mr Morris...and herself. She rubbed her hands together excitedly and exited the room to his. She pushed the intercom button.
"I see your already awake Mr. Morris if you would give me your arm please."

Nilo got to his feet and walked over to the door, sticking his hand through the hole. He felt the familiar pin prick of the needle and drew his hand out, waiting for the door to open. The exercise had done him some good and he felt more relaxed than he had the previous day.

Saki put the cuffs around his and motioned him to walk forward.
"To the lab we have a few things to do today." She couldnt hide the excitement in her voice. She hoped the same results would come out as good as the the samples. Once they got to the office she lead him to the table.
"Sit down I'm going to start the a new round of tests." She walked to the counter and started the to lay out the tubes that she would be putting in together.

Nilo rubbed the cuffs, supressing a shiver that ran through them when they touched his skin. If he played things right, he wouldnt ever have to go to the punisher's lair again. The images of the outside world reminded him of why he fought back against them so hard. So long as he knew there was something better out there, he would keep striving for it until he either achieved his dream of living out there, or they killed him in here. Either way, someday he was going to be free, and he knew which one he wanted. Afterall, they couldnt stop him forever. He watched Saki bustle about the room, collecting the things she was going to use.

Saki set everything on the steel tray and turned walking back over to the table she looked him in the eye with a calm voice.
"This is going to hurt...alot I'm giving you the option now of being straped down or sitting still enough for me to finish all the injections." She pulled on a pair of gloves.

He shook his head. "I'm fine." He didnt like being strapped down - too many bad memories associated with the act. He could deal with the pain. The prospect of new tests intrigued him, though. They hadnt put him through a new test in quite a while. He figured it was probably a test Saki had come up with on her own. He began to wonder what the test was for, but then pushed the thought away. He was just the lab rat, he didnt need to know.

Saki picked up the first vial, the liquid a sickly yellow similar to the one that had turned them; it was infact one to get the chemical to 'awake up'. She injected it into his shoulder and quickly started on the next, she probably had two minutes before the chamicals would set in and start to do their work. The next three were a pulm purple, almost clear crystal blue, and the last was black. Saki took the tray to the counter and turned to watch. It would be only a matter of time now she knew the test would burn out the syrum that she gave him at his room but she hoped he wouldnt kill her before she saw how far his powers could go.

Nilo sat patiently awaiting the effects he knew would be coming, he just didnt know what those effects would be. A minute or so later, a light headache began to build in his head. The headache built and built until it was a migrane unlike any he'd ever experianced before. It kept building until it felt like his head would explode. He clutched his head in his hands, small pained noises escaping his mouth. The pain radiated down his neck and began to spread throughout his whole body until the blood in his veins turned to molten lava, and noting existed but the fire inside of him. Nilo slipped off the examination table and fell to his knees, curling in on himself.

Around him, items not tethered to something began floating into the air unbidden, and uncontrolled.

Saki watched in awe an fear as everything started to lift into the air, she backed herself into the corner of the room and slid down the wall to sit on her ass. She'd knew it, she'd been right, it was working, and if she didnt do something soon they would come in at tranq him before it was finished. She looked up at the revolving camera with a determined glare. Saki garbbed a near by drifting chair which suprisingly gained wieght in her hands as he psyhc let it go, interesting. She set it down with a clash under the camera so she could reach and yank the recording wire; she jumped down and ran to his side.
"Nilo, can you hear me?" Her voice was as soft as she could make it she waited and was left with no answer; she looked down at him and did the only thing she could think to help him; let her shield down. His pain stole her breath forcing herself to focus she tried to send him her words.

'Nilo, everything will be okay.'

"Everything will be okay." The words reverberated through his mind, the only clear thing in the burning agony. It was soft and warm and comforting. Nilo latched onto that voice and refused to let go. The pain began to recede and he finally was able to start regaining control of his powers. Everything clattered to the floor, and finally he was able to sit up, still shaking from the effects. He blinked and looked up at Saki, trying to figure out where that voice had come from. It had felt like someone whispering to him, except he heardno physical voice. It took him a moment to realize what had happened. "What did you do?" he whispered, too afraid to speak any louder. "How? Do you realize what they'll do to you if they find out?"

Saki nodded sharply to his answer, and gave him a devilsh grin, "I found what they've been searching for, for years; what made into...what you are." Her voice was low and sure, "I injected myself; the syrum it isnt one specific talent. It amlifies the parts of your mind you already use. example, your's is strength so it amplified the physical working part of your brain, aka telekenisis. Mine-" She stopped what she was saying when two security guards came rushing into the room she grabbed is arm and helped him back onto the table. She turned and glared at them coldly.
"Can I help you? I'm in the middle of testing."
"The camera-"
"Was an accident and can be fixed at anytime get out!" She snarled at them, she was famous for her wicked temper be taken out on the guards. They jumped startled and almost tripped over each other trying to leave the room. She glared at the door for good measure before looking back at Nilo with a smirk.

Nilo smiled lightly, his shaking beginning to die down. The stray tendrils of discomfort were fading now, and along with it, the sluggishness that came with the calming shot they gave him before he left his room. He felt strong and - for once - normal. It was strange for him. He was so used to the effects of the shot, that being awake without its effects made him feel sharper than ever. He glanced at Saki, then at the door, processing. He could try to escape now. This would be the perfect opportunity that wouldnt come again, but a nagging doubt clung to the back of his mind, reminding him of cold steel and burning water, making him hesitate.

Saki bit her lip hearing his thoughts as if he spoke them, she hesitated and then touched his arm to get his attention,
"Please dont try to leave yet. I know I can make your psyhc stronger if you just give me time..." She lowered her voice to a whisper, "then you can escape and no one could stop you." She looked him in the eyes, pleading him to accept her terms. She wanted to leave as badly as he did if not more so, being free had been her life and this place was slowly killing who she was.

Nilo returned the look, searching her face for any trace of deceit. He'd have to be careful of what he thought about from now on. "Why would you do that?" He asked, suspicion thick in his voice. "Why would you make me stronger, help me escape? You're a scientist, a foolish one, but scientist just the same, and I your guinea pig." He wanted to believe that her efforts were as true as she made them sound, but a lifetime in this place had fostered a distrust within him that made him question everyone who tried to be nice to him. It wasnt normal.

"Haven't noticed? I've never been allowed to step foot out of this place since I've been here." She looked down at her clentched hands and continued, "it was either here or jail for me...I have alot of people outside here that want me dead and going to jail would be like putting a big fat target on my back." She looked up at him again, "I understand more than anyone how much of a prison this place is." She but her face in her hands to calm down she finally took a deep breath. "I want to be free a much as you do."

Nilo looked away from her. "I'm sorry. I didnt know." He hadnt realized that they would actually trap other people in here as well. "If I get stronger... strong enough to escape, you're coming too." He said firmly. "No one should be trapped in this nightmare place." He looked up at her then, determination firm on his face. "I wont try to escape until you're done with your tests."

Status
Not open for further replies.