Three Days After

Her good nature getting the better of her, Aurelia, despite her misgivings, said, "Very well. You can come with us, but only for a while." She'd have to pretend to be Kestreel's wife again, but it didn't matter entirely at the moment. However, she was afraid that what had happened with Martha would happen with him.

The man smiled. "Thank you. By the way, my name is Allen." Said him. Kestreel nodded and introduced his new family and himself. "And were are you heading?" Asked Allen. Kestreel thought about it a couple of seconds, deciding to use the same lie Aurelia had used before. "We are trying to find a nice place to settle down." Replied Kestreel. Then Allen nodded and they proceeded with their journey. No long after, they found out that the road they where following leaded directly across the fort. Allen didn't seemed annoyed by that fact, since now he wasn't traveling alone and the guards most assured would let him alone.

Crossing the fort, Kestreel noticed many people worried, talking to the guards, to the cleric and to what it seemed the captain of the guard. "What are you going to do? My husband was taken by those bandits!" Said a woman. "My daughter to!" Said a man. The captain tried to appease the crow the best he could. "Please, I've already told you. The Royal Guard is working on it, but right now we don't have any more units to take care of this problem." Said the captain, and the people, disappointed and tired of trying just went back to their tents, or roamed around the place, hoping for something that solved their problem.